Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
gamelogs.org
yeah i don't see why bk 100% would be a good idea. thought everyone already agreed any% is definitely the better choice for the marathon ?
Quote from Sir VG:
It should be easy to make a program to keep track of them for you, even with something like Visual Basic.

As I mentioned somewhere else, I have something in the works right now (this is updated from when I last posted it):

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umkiazyk/files/dmanag.zip

If you have java on your system, feel free to download and complain about it.  Just extract everything in the zip file to some directory, and then double-click on the .jar file, or run it from the command line with:
> java -jar dmanag.jar

Its not in any way complete at the moment, (currently prizes don't do anything), and it has zero documentation, but if anyone could take a look at it and PM me with thoughts, it would be helpful.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I forgot that you can write stuff in Gunstar Heroes with the flame chaser weapon.
gamelogs.org
uncharted 2 - what costume to wear. could also change it once in a while if people want.
train kept rollin
Quote from arkarian:
uncharted 2 - what costume to wear. could also change it once in a while if people want.

fat drake!
gamelogs.org
lol. that would certainly be my pick. ;)
Edit history:
romscout: 2010-10-06 04:51:37 am
that Metroidvania guy
Had an idea to encourage donations (and viewer interest) during our many races: while the previous game is wrapping up all the way until the race starts, have donors leave a prediction in their donation comment of who will win the race. Even if they don't know who is who, we can present them the choices and it'll at least give them a chance to be lucky. Everyone who picked the correct race winner is eligible for whatever cool prize we're attaching to the event. One of the signed carts? I dunno.

If you're wondering how we would keep track of the different groups of bidders, there are multiple solutions and it's very easy, so don't worry about it for now. :p
Is PJ
Quote from romscout:
If you're wondering how we would keep track of the different groups of bidders, there are multiple solutions and it's very easy, so don't worry about it for now. :p

Chalkboard?!
Edit history:
cyghfer: 2010-10-06 06:44:28 am
oh yeah duh, choice of character during the cave of wickedness section of tetris attack (i'm probably the only one who would donate for this tho lol)
Obscure games ftw
Even though I'm not going to be there, maybe you could have people donate for big head mode on games where it's allowed.  Because big heads are funny.  (seriously, play the last part of Ratchet and Clank 2 with all the big head cheats on.  Their heads overlap each other.)
Requiring donations to get Chako's Rouge and Curly's Panties in Cave Story would get you easy cash. Perverts FTW.
Now a hit show on the CW
I will be singing along with Que Sera Sera and Lonely Rolling Star during my Katamari Damacy run, unless someone donates enough to convince me not to do so.
I want off the ride....
donations for FF2us or FF4j(psx version or snes cart).

thats a bit weird but thats the call. Would be interesting..

if the donation is HUGE enough i might do both at the same time...
Everybody's favorite monster
I am starting to agree with arkarian and mike89. Scrath the 100% run.
Balls jerky
good call
Is PJ
I'm afraid the trackball suggestion is out the window.  It doesn't register input for holding a button, only pressing it really fast.  Therefore, Sonic can't spindash and has no acceleration to the left/right, and no maneuverability in the air.  These combined would make it a very boring speed run.  Same goes for pretty much any game.

Oh well...
Willing to teach you the impossible
tetris or Dr. Mario could work...
DS Dictator
Super Mario Bros 1 or 2J on the Wii Co-op

One player only uses the D-Pad from the Wiimote, the other player uses the Donkey Konga Bongos as the buttons ;).

Might work for Sonic as well.
Or playing with the DDR pad, that could be interesting
Edit history:
arkarian: 2010-10-14 11:56:34 am
gamelogs.org
i live close and can bring ps2/360/ps3 ddr pads if needed. well i'll probably bring them anyway because ddr rulz.
It would be cool if you could find a way to change the video output eg (flipping, rotating or mirroring), and then take donations to have runners play the game like that. It would certainly put an interesting spin on things to see if you could speed run a game under those circumstances.

I think mirroring would be fascinating personally though the biggest problem would be having your left/right control scheme messed up. If you could also mirror that, it would be interesting.
Edit history:
stanski: 2010-10-21 02:56:58 pm
wise fwom yo gwave
I think most of the speed tricks/cool things have to be suggested by the person that actually donates and wants to see it. In sonic 2, character selection is possible but hopefully the donator just wants to see it done with sonic and tails with someone else controlling tails (hint hint hint person donating for character selection!). Actually there should be a donation for the person to select the person in the room to play as tails! that would be cool imo and mean that i wouldn't have to practice stupid routes that are slower because someone wants to see tails complete the game alone.

Here are some specific speed tricks/goals that could be cool and wont waste much time as an example, but i think the best is for people watching that somewhat know the game to be creative:
Get 5 free lives in sky chase by linking enemy combos
lots of boss related challenges, for example complete oil ocean boss without invincibility in one cycle
complete levels in under x amount of time (say a person wants to donate and doesn't know a good time, i can suggest a time that is hard to do but possible)

its kind of hard because i'm really the only one who knows good/cool challenges but the donate to choose a person to play as tails with me is a good suggestion imo

wise fwom yo gwave
Quote from Tranquilite:
It would be cool if you could find a way to change the video output eg (flipping, rotating or mirroring), and then take donations to have runners play the game like that. It would certainly put an interesting spin on things to see if you could speed run a game under those circumstances.

I think mirroring would be fascinating personally though the biggest problem would be having your left/right control scheme messed up. If you could also mirror that, it would be interesting.

There is an upside down room in castlevania bloodlines and it was by far one of the hardest levels to learn how to speedrun through, also there is a level where pressing right makes you move left and it is also really tough at first, so i don't think this would be a possibility because of the learning curve
perhaps the upside down/mirrored TV idea could be this year's answer to blindfolded SMB
Willing to teach you the impossible
Hay stanski, what if the player playing tails beats you on a stage? I know it is a LOOOOOOOOGN shot, but what if?