Sad
<- 1234
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Obscure games ftw
Maybe for Super Mario Galaxy 2, non-inifinite flutter routes for levels (if they weren't being used anyway) or not doing the Fluffy Bluff skip.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
SMK: I'd say it's not worth renaming pokemon or taking donations for trainer-fly, especially if they waste a ton of time. However, it's definitely worth naming the pokemon.

Dr. Mario 64: I like the idea of donating for the music. Also, are you two going to race, or do a versus match then race? I'm not sure what's going on.
Balls jerky
Donations that piss people off? I'm so totally there!
I'm thinking we do both, but I'm not sure in what order. I guess VS match then race would work.
Everything's better with Magitek
I'd be up for both.  Including a versus match would increase the time on the schedule, though (not sure how much - it'd depend on what level we do).
I'm sure somebody will finish a little early and leave some time. Normally when I do VS. matches I like to put it on 15, but that's my opinion. I think either 10 or 15 would be good.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I don't mind adding a little time on the schedule as long as if Essentia doesn't mind staying up a little later for Chrono Trigger. Wink
Everything's better with Magitek
I'll stay up however long is needed.  Just don't expect me to be functional the next day. Tongue
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Essentia:
I'll stay up however long is needed.  Just don't expect me to be functional the next day. Tongue

Well, it's the last day, so I don't think people will expect too much from you. Actually, donation idea... do all the endings! As long as the donations toward a certain ending meet a goal... something like that. Maybe that'll be too much though, it's been a while since I've done the endings, and I'm not sure what all is involved with them.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from ZenicReverie:
...it's been a while since I've done the endings, and I'm not sure what all is involved with them.

Playing through the game completely once, then on NG+ beating the game at various points.  There's I think 15 endings on the SNES version, more on the DS one.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Might be possible if after the 100% there were already save slots that had a NG+ at close to key points for various endings. Might be a pain to practice them though. Just a thought.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Problem.

CT only has 3 save slots. Wink
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Axel Ryman:
Problem.

Solution: Have either multiple Chrono Trigger carts, or have a SNES dumping device and multiple save files on a computer.  I don't have one of the latter items.  Nope.  Not at all. Wink
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Sir VG:
Quote from Axel Ryman:
Problem.

Solution: Have either multiple Chrono Trigger carts, or have a SNES dumping device and multiple save files on a computer.  I don't have one of the latter items.  Nope.  Not at all. Wink

Well, if more CT carts with saves can't be made, then having two slots ready made close to some of the endings wouldn't be too hard. Then depending on the time it would take to reach a certain ending, the donation goal would be higher. It'd be kind of weird if all endings were just a save before fighting Lavos.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
I'm surprised there's so much talk about a Dr. Mario versus match and yet no Smash Brothers competitions ... or runs for that matter.  I guess there's always next year.
Is PJ
Quote from InsipidMuckyWater:
I'm surprised there's so much talk about a Dr. Mario versus match and yet no Smash Brothers competitions ... or runs for that matter.  I guess there's always next year.

http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/super_smash_bros_melee_tournament_gathering_contenders.html
I had mentioned doing an SSB64 run, but speed runs for those aren't that interesting. Dr. Mario, imo, makes a better speed run so the versus match gets more attention for during the marathon. Extra down time though, there will definitely be some smash.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Thanks for the link.  I'm glad to see there is a tournament brewing.  As to what kamikaze said, personally I think the smash brothers stuff would garner more attention, which is why I mentioned it.

Anyway, ignore my posts.
Either way, I hope we get to broadcast some of the smash stuff, even if there isn't a run for it. You're right, it probably would get a good deal of attention.
prime bonus stream material tbh
Edit history:
Hoji808: 2011-01-02 10:00:38 am
The Belgian Beast
Wouldn't it be better if you guys would like, come up with the donations ideas on the spot, like taking chat as a reference to what people want to see instead of having the people choose beforehand. If you know what I mean. I think you could get a lot more cash and enjoyment out of that.
Edit history:
moooh: 2011-01-02 10:07:43 am
Exoray
Quote from Hoji808:
Wouldn't it be better if you guys would like, come up with the donations ideas on the spot, like taking chat as a reference to what people want to see instead of having the people choose beforehand. If you know what I mean. I think you could get a lot more cash and enjoyment out of that.

We're doing that too, just like last year. Some donation ideas however, needs to be planned since they need to be initiated well before the run starts so that people would have enough time to complete the donations.
Not to mention the cases where the runner needs to prepare, say by practicing using several characters for a certain game even though only one is going to be used for the actual run, which one decided by donations. Things like that is good to have thought up in advance Wink
The Belgian Beast
Oh I see, my bad.