Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Not a walrus
Django expects to be able to do all of the sql itself, by default, but with a bit of tweaking it'll play nice with existing tables. Notably it tries to prepend your project name on to every table name, and postfix every foreign key column with '_id', but both are trivial to override. Look at the models.py file and you can see what I mean.
Totally rad
Hey, I've just finished translating the strings to Polish. I'd suggest having someone like dex| proof reading them (assuming he wants to do it), in case I've used an awkward translation anywhere (though I'm quite sure it should be alright).

Dutch one should be good as it is. Maybe Trekhaak can take a look at it to see if he can spot some typos.
Attachment:
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-09-13 06:11:18 pm
Not a walrus
Page was updated slightly, Dutch and Polish translations should be active now, and redid the url scheme a bit to be less ambiguous. Also added the 'comment approved' setting but it doesn't do anything on the page itself yet.
Edit history:
SMK: 2011-11-19 08:55:37 pm
After a very long hiatus, I've started work on this again.  I've been able to get it working with UA's online database, which means that the information entered into it can show up directly on his website too.  Its also not stupidly slow accessing remote databases thanks to the data access upgrades I've put in since last time, so that's a big plus.

I haven't been able to do much in the way of actual tangible upgrades, mostly because getting it working online was the biggest goal anyways.  If you're familiar with it, and would like to give it a spin to check if there's anything horribly wrong with it, please do.

The link is the same as always: http://inlovewithladyada.com/files/tracker-app.zip

EDIT: also, big thanks to UA for helping me out today.
Not a walrus
And if you guys could hammer at the page a bit and try to make it crash I'd appreciate it. I want to root out any lingering bugs.
Not a walrus
I just added pagination to the donor and donation list to help ease the load a bit (you can view the full list if you have proper access), so if anybody notices anything weird I'd love to know, thanks.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-11-24 05:33:52 pm
Not a walrus
Cross-quoted from the rules thread:

Quote from mikwumya:
-Commentators, please don't mention donations that are less than a dollar, unless if they're jokes or just additional notes from well-known donors (like what stanski did during SGDQ).

Could we mark these as 'processed' when they come in, so they never even show up in the 'new' list unless there's a comment attached?
Its a very easy fix.  Are you asking if its possible, a good idea, or "SMK get off your lazy ass and do it"?  Tongue
Not a walrus
The latter, mostly. Tongue
Edit history:
SMK: 2011-11-25 03:58:32 pm
Done,  I haven't committed yet though.

Also, in light of this (and other things) I was thinking of changing the donation state fields a little, to this:

DonationBidState
{
  PENDING,
  IGNORED,
  PROCESSED,
  FLAGGED,
}

DonationReadState
{
  PENDING,
  IGNORED,
  READ,
  FLAGGED,
}

DonationCommentState
{
  PENDING,
  DENIED,
  APPROVED,
  FLAGGED,
}

This will make keeping track of/searching for things easier internally.  Any problems?  If not, I can send you the SQL you need to run the update the db, UA.

Also, I'm not really actively working on anything right now, so I was going to try fixing some UI related issues, and then change the searching methods to actually page incoming (can't guess where I might have gotten that idea Roll Eyes ). 

Please, anyone, let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see changed.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Okay I'll try looking at this within a week, but I really implore people to TRY OUT THIS PROGRAM RIGHT NOW rather than at the marathon because this is what we'll be using, and I'm sure there's something that can be worked out if we just start playing with the program right now.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-11-25 05:49:21 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-11-25 05:44:10 pm
Not a walrus
SMK: I thought you got rid of those tables, so it shouldn't need any SQL?

Edit: Also, don't we need two 'read' states for comments, or does it reset to pending if it detects a new comment?

I should make a sandbox database so people can toy around with the remote aspect of it. I'll go that right now.

Edit: Just created it, if you want to mess around with the remote part PM me and I'll give you the info.
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
SMK: I thought you got rid of those tables, so it shouldn't need any SQL?
I meant to re-set the values of any existing donation rows appropriately.  I.e.
UPDATE Donation WHERE Donation.ReadState = 'AMOUNT_READ' SET Donation.ReadState = 'READ'; et. al.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Edit: Also, don't we need two 'read' states for comments, or does it reset to pending if it detects a new comment?

Exactly.  This makes it much easier to manage programmatically, and works with some of the updates I'm planning to add next.  It was more telling than asking actually. Cheesy
Not a walrus
We need somebody to enter in the game/prize/challenge/bid data. Neither Mike nor I have the time at present. Why now? Because if there's a bug in the tracker app it'd be good to find it now and not the day before the marathon gets underway. If you want to volunteer you'll need set up an SSH tunnel. If you don't know what that means, I can give you instructions on how to do so with [url=www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/]PuTTY[/url]. If you're interested please send me a PM.
Now how could there possibly be a bug in something _I_ wrote? Roll Eyes

If you don't get any response in about 3 days, I'll do it, since I'm just starting exams, and have lots of time.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
In other words, SOMEONE FUCKING TEST THE PROGRAM SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE A PROPERLY TESTED DONATION PROGRAM AT THE MARATHON INSTEAD OF FINDING ALL OF THE BUGS WHEN IT'S TOO LATE!

I mean, test the program because you're all such kind and considerate people. Kiss
What?  I couldn't hear you.  Could you repeat that? >_>

...I was intending to (at least) test this, but forgot about it until the topic bump today.  Sorry about that.

I've only looked at UraniumAnchor's site so far.  It's looking really good!  Just one thing that I was wondering offhand: does the (non-Google) Log In form actually work?  I don't see a place to register.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
I could help after I get the video done with. Maybe actually finish the CSS crap too! >.>
Not a walrus
The traditional log in form does work but I have to create the account manually. That's partially by design and partially because there's no built-in registration filter (email verfication, admin approval, or even a captcha) so I'd have to write it myself. I felt it was easier and more secure to just use a google login instead, since there was a module for that.
Edit history:
yoshifan: 2011-12-13 01:47:16 am
yoshifan: 2011-12-13 01:40:28 am
Yeah, a Google login will probably do for now.  Though if there's a simple way to support other sites' logins (Facebook, Yahoo, etc.), too, then that'll offer a few more options for people who don't use Google.

If we wanted to have our own registration system, the django-registration app should make things easier; it has stuff like e-mail verification built in.  It's also quite customizable and supports OpenID too.  But it would require a bit of effort to set up, I'd imagine.
Not a walrus
Well, the thing is that the number of people who actually need a login compared to the number of people who will be viewing the site is quite small (<5%). The only thing the site login lets you do is see information that's hidden from the public, such as full names, email addresses, and unapproved comments. And that's only once I grant that access anyway.

If we didn't have the java app I'd add an interface for updating bids etc, but the java app does that already and better/faster.
Oh okay, never mind.  Google login's good enough then!
Not a walrus
puwexil is a champ and is entering data for us.
Balls jerky
Do you actually have to know how to do things to enter stuff? I'm pretty bad at knowing how to do things.
Not a walrus
It's not the most intuitive app, but there's not a lot to learn either. If you want, you can download it and play around with a local database and get accustomed to it.