Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 16 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Okay, that when much smoother than expected.

I'm now able to pull information directly off of the google docs spreadsheet, which means that I can easily update all of the games with start/end times now and throughout the marathon to be able to set prize draw time delimeters.  I just need to do a little more local testing to make sure everything works well, but I think its almost there.

That being said, I still think that we should split FFVII into two separate entities, since it would avoid a funky special case that I'm having to write in, and would just make everything a little cleaner IMO.

So..., UA do you mind if I do those changes?  I'll run the SQL neccessary to update the db for it and everything, and it'll auto-fill the times on the run, so no manual data entry will be required for that, puwexil (yay for automation!).
Not a walrus
If all you're doing is adding columns, then go ahead, yeah. Adding indexes or foreign keys should probably be done from django's end since there's no way to control what it actually calls them. As for FF7, the only remaining gripe I have is that the count on the index page will be off by 1, so I suppose I'll just have to live with that. Cheesy
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
If all you're doing is adding columns, then go ahead, yeah. Adding indexes or foreign keys should probably be done from django's end since there's no way to control what it actually calls them.

K, that'll get done soonish.

As for FF7, the only remaining gripe I have is that the count on the index page will be off by 1, so I suppose I'll just have to live with that. Cheesy

Who knows, maybe I'll implement splitting games over multiple time intervals someday.  Just, not today.
Not a walrus
Unless you can think of a compelling reason, I'll probably just not bother implementing display of that information on the web page, since the one on SDA does that already.
Edit history:
SMK: 2011-12-22 02:49:46 pm
Unless you can think of a compelling reason, I'll probably just not bother implementing display of that information on the web page, since the one on SDA does that already.

Other than viewer convenience, not much.  FYI, the column names are 'startTime' and 'endTime' respectively if you do ever want to throw it in.

Anyways, all timing information is entered.  Uhh, okay, a couple of things:

1) The sortKey fields on both the SpeedRun and Prize entities are now technically not needed, since sorting data could be gathered implicitly from the timing information on the SpeedRun entities (though doing it on Prize might require some funky join logic that I'm not sure exists or not).  That being said, I don't have any problem leaving that field on, just bear in mind that if any of the runs are re-ordered partway through it would need manual updating (I could also make the program auto-generate the sorting keys for runs and prizes, but that would also be some work)

2) Pretty much all parameters for prize drawings (i.e. amount and times) are pre-filled now, except for the drawing method.  I think it would make sense just to go ahead and add that as a field to Prize as well, just to make prize drawings super simple and automatic.  Any objections?

3) I was also thinking of adding list views for prizes that should be drawn at the end of a game on the SpeedRun tab.  I think it might be helpful just to be clear what drawings need to be done at any moment in time.

Edit: New version is up on git and website.  Also, the app download is now over 20 MB large. 
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-12-22 03:06:21 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-12-22 03:04:59 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2011-12-22 02:54:25 pm
Not a walrus
1) I'd rather just leave the sortKey in for now since the information is all in already, but we can probably drop it for the next event. Edit: Actually, I'd like to leave it in for the prizes, not only because it makes sorting easier but also deterministic, since multiple prizes might have the same start times, and at least one prize doesn't have a start time associated with it at all.

2) Most prize drawings are the normal way we've been doing it, right? The only exception being the raffle for the sword? If so, then yeah, seems like a good idea to just go ahead and automate that, since we have the information in now anyway.

3) I'm not entirely clear on what you mean here, but if you mean what I think you mean, I don't see how more information could be a bad thing.

Also, I just tried to delete a choice without deleting the options first (specifically, the MMX2 category choice), and I got a blank error message. Not something that'll come up often, but thought I should mention it.
@1 : excellent

@2 : cool, it'll be a pretty quick fix when I get around to it.

@3 : I mean basically make it possible to navigate to prizes those prizes that list a given SpeedRun as its 'endGame' from that SpeedRun tab.  That way you can just run down the list and do the draws without having to manually search up each prize by name at the end of a given game.  Like you said, I don't think there's really a downside to having more information.

@Choice deletion: Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at it later.
SEGA Junkie
2) Most prize drawings are the normal way we've been doing it, right? The only exception being the raffle for the sword? If so, then yeah, seems like a good idea to just go ahead and automate that, since we have the information in now anyway.

The Iji prize is going to be for the highest overall donator during that run, so that's another case to account for.
Not a walrus
It looks like any run with an hour of 12 got parsed wrong, I'm looking at the database and it says my PoP run is at midnight, which is obviously wrong.
hmm, that's a fun bug.  I'll take a look at it.
Not a walrus
I added two new columns to the game index, might want to trim down the descriptions at some point because right now it's pretty wide:

http://donations.uranium-anchor.com/tracker/games/agdq2/
Professional Second Banana
Could we add a column for the runner name(s)?  We could basically take out the description field then as long as people know to click on the run name to see the challenges/choices.
Edit history:
SMK: 2011-12-22 05:54:38 pm
It looks like any run with an hour of 12 got parsed wrong, I'm looking at the database and it says my PoP run is at midnight, which is obviously wrong.

Fixed, it was just a format string error.  I'll push an update when I fix the other bug.

Quote from puwexil:
Could we add a column for the runner name(s)?  We could basically take out the description field then as long as people know to click on the run name to see the challenges/choices.

I can make this work if you are up to the change UA.  Since I'm grabbing runner names from the gdocs anyways, it would be easy to do the update.  I could probably update the description while its at it as well.

Or is there a way to limit column size with django?  That might work as well.

Still working on the null error thing.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-12-22 05:58:06 pm
Not a walrus
Yeah, shouldn't be hard to add, as long as it's just a simple string and doesn't make any other assumptions. But description would still be good for things like 100% vs any% or whatever, so I wouldn't want to take it out entirely. As for limiting column size, yes, but that's not really a good option either, if you mean strictly from a formatting perspective.
Yeah, shouldn't be hard to add, as long as it's just a simple string and doesn't make any other assumptions. But description would still be good for things like 100% vs any% or whatever, so I wouldn't want to take it out entirely. As for limiting column size, yes, but that's not really a good option either, if you mean strictly from a formatting perspective.

Fair enough.  Do you want me to go ahead and add it in now then?  And just to be clear, the runners field will just be a raw string.

Also, I fixed the bug (small oversight on my part), and I added the choice for mega man x2 back in (it should be in correct?).
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-12-22 06:07:01 pm
Not a walrus
Quote from SMK:
Fair enough.  Do you want me to go ahead and add it in now then?  And just to be clear, the runners field will just be a raw string.

Go ahead and add it, yeah.

Quote from SMK:
Also, I fixed the bug (small oversight on my part), and I added the choice for mega man x2 back in (it should be in correct?).

No, I deleted it on purpose (tiki doesn't have time to practice both and the difference is pretty minor anyway) and that's why I discovered the bug.
Edit history:
SMK: 2011-12-22 06:33:16 pm
SMK: 2011-12-22 06:24:31 pm
Okay then, runners column is go, and updated.

Edit:

Shit, I think I messed something up.  I had written something to strip off the runners names, but I think I accidentally forgot to replace the comments in.  Gah, now all the runs have the comments from the google spreadsheet!  puwexil, do you remember which games had different text?
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-12-22 06:44:50 pm
Not a walrus
I don't think any of them had something significantly different, but this is why you don't test against a live database! Wink

Edit: Looking over, I don't think anything was lost that isn't entered into the choice or challenge bid section, so I think we're mostly alright.
I don't think any of them had something significantly different, but this is why you don't test against a live database! Wink

The problem is that my local database was just using 'Runners - comments in gdocs', so it seemed like it was working just fine.  Anyways, I'm getting sloppy, so I think its time to wrap up for today (I think that's the 3rd time I've said that today though, stupid abundance of small improvements!).  Anyways, the merger won't touch the comments now, but the damage is done.  If you see any runs that need better description text, please change it.  Sorry. Sad

I added the prize listing to the speedrun panel, hopefully it'll be of some use.  Website and git both have the latest version as of ... now.
Not a walrus
New game page:
http://donations.uranium-anchor.com/tracker/games/agdq2/

Still not sure what to do about keeping it from being too wide, but I can figure that out later. I won't be able to work on this again until Tuesday, so hopefully nothing's broken.
Professional Second Banana
Earthbound naming wasn't on the schedule, so I just added that in to the tracker.

I also added the character limits for Earthbound/FF7 names into the Bid Description fields - we should get those in for other games with naming wars (some of the Zeldas probably?).  I thought about adding the character/number/symbol ranges too, but that might be more trouble than it's worth (the Earthbound symbols include ones like a musical note that isn't in a normal character set).
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2011-12-23 01:16:36 pm
Not a walrus

ok seriously leaving now
Not a walrus
Thoughts on the search windows:

The search boxes let you select multiple entries, but it only opens the first one. Opening up several tabs at once would be useful, in case you want to edit a bunch of <whatever> at once. Alternately/additionally, it might be nice to have some way to open a tab without closing the search window.
Not a walrus
So I lied slightly about not being able to work on it until Tuesday, and made AGDQ2 the default event displayed when you visit the front page now. Upon doing so I realized I had some bad design under the hood for multiple event support and will have to redo it slightly, but it'll be mostly invisible to users, so it's pretty low priority.

http://donations.uranium-anchor.com/tracker/
Not a walrus
Not sure when this bug crept in, but Mike just tried to add a new prize and immediately got "Invalid minimum bid amount", and the prize tab never showed up. I was able to add the entry into the database directly and edit it afterwards, though.