--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fucking Weeaboo
Nice.  Loving those pendant perlers!
Haters gonna hate
The colors look good to me.

Sometimes it's impossible to get beads of the exact color you want, so you have to use your best judgement sometimes. As for ironing, make sure you're using ironing paper so the beads don't melt to the iron. You can get ironing paper at pretty much any hobby store. Also, make sure the iron is not set on steam. I have mine set to 3 out of a possible 10 because that's the highest I can have it without steam. I melt mine as much as I can at least to the point where they're going to stay together, but not too much so the colors don't bleed. I like to keep the holes somewhat visible, and I don't press down really hard. You want to put enough pressure so it'll melt the beads, but not too much, otherwise the design will become too flat.

There's a seller that I buy all my beads from and she has just about every color you can think of, and they're really cheap.

Here's the link to her Ebay shop: [Link]

If you plan on making a lot, I recommend ordering 10,000 beads because the shipping is cheaper and you can order up to 10 different colors, but you can also get individual colors in 1000 packs.

As for colors, there are so many colors that it's hard to keep track of which ones you need, so I use this: [Link]

That has most of the main colors you'll need. The names are hard to read so you might need to zoom it in yourself. If you need a color with a strange name (say, cheddar), you'll find that color with that name in the shop that I listed. Those are the official names, as bizarre as it is.

Another thing I use if I'm not sure which colors to use on a sprite is this site that converts sprites to bead colors. It's not 100% accurate and will change some colors to colors that aren't exactly similar, but it helps on some occasions and tells you how many beads the design will take. Here's the link: [Link]

Hope all that helps!
SEGA Junkie
In less artistic news, I picked up a boxed copy of Kid Chameleon a couple of days ago (no manual, sadly). It says Mega Drive on the box, but I checked, it works on a NTSC Genesis. I'll gladly throw that in as a prize for that game.

Also, I have (cart only) Aladdin and Lion King for the grab bag.
Haters gonna hate
I guess I should mention I have Sub-terrania for the grab bag and would like to apologize in advance for the person that wins that game.
SGL Scrublord
No worries Mecha, I'm throwing in the original Top Gun. At least Sub-terrania doesn't let you think you've won before getting REALLY crappy with the controls.
Is PJ
Are there any GOOD games in the grab bag yet?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Klonoa and Silhouette Mirage will be in the grab bag. IIRC, Castlevania III will be in there too.
Waiting hurts my soul...
I can throw in Shining Force as well since no one seems to want to buy it. No instructions, but it has the box. What do you guys think about throwing in an atari game? Star Raiders was pretty popular back in the day. Wink
Haters gonna hate
SOPHIA is done!!!

Attachment:
Fucking Weeaboo
Hell yeah!  Looks as awesome as the one done for us last year. Smiley
Sea of Green
First post updated. Holy crap, we have a lot of awesome prizes right now. Grin
Is PJ
Awesome job Mecha Richter!  That looks amazing!
Waiting hurts my soul...
SOPHIA lives again!

Details on how difficult it was to make are appreciated. Smiley
Haters gonna hate
It wasn't incredibly difficult as it was just super annoying.

Getting all the pieces to iron properly was a pain in the ass because you have to iron them enough where the parts won't snap when trying to connect them to other parts, but if you iron it too much, it won't fit flush. Also, for whatever reason, some beads just refused to melt, while others were melting way too much. This is a problem I ran into for at least half of the parts and I was close to giving up at one point.

The entire thing is made up of 50 seperate pieces, half of them being on the tires alone. If you want, I can send you the plans if you're interested in doing one yourself.
Fellow meat eaters,

I present you with one meat tenderizer.

As you can see, Bandage Girl and the Doctor didn't make it. By the time I added text, there just wasn't room for them. I also had to simplify the design somewhat due to the size of the lines I was working with.

I'm happy with the Meat Boy side. The other side still doesn't look quite right to me. Maybe we can hash out a better layout next time. Also, I wasn't paying attention when I was sanding it and I took off part of the letters on the far right side. Oh well, it'll still work as advertised.

Finally, I apologize for the picture quality. I was in a rush to take these pics and the lighting was less than satisfactory.

Tom

Haters gonna hate
Wow, that's amazing!
Fish. Blub blub.
Holy. Shit.
Is PJ
Oh man.  Yes please.  Awesome work!
That looks incredible!
I think this is the most elaborate prize anyone has ever made for anyone in speedrunning history.
Professional Second Banana
thumbsup
My feelings on The Demon Rush
That's something you're dissatisfied with? You've only made one of the coolest prizes we will have at the marathon.

Also Quartz, if you're reading this, I got your Sonic hat.
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Someone above voiced a concern about shipping. Perhaps this person thought that it would be heavy? Anyway, the whole thing is made of aluminum, so it weighs about 2lbs, so shipping should be no big deal.
Everybody's favorite monster
I want it.
Sea of Green
Wow, that is beyond amazing.