Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 69 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My goal was never to fight. I just wanted to point out, that saying a dog is different from a cat because a dog has 4 legs makes no sense. But somehow I failed at it so it got extended and I'm sorry for that.

Back to the skipless run:
The thing is some of the reloads actually do make you able to skip cutscenes that you normally would have to watch through. Or the reload at the beach skips going through the water. The stronghold reload even despawns enemies.
I don't want to make a point here or argue, just checking that you took all of these into account. There is also the cutscene where you can save time when you exit to menu.
And how about river shortcut? You skip using a rope but you don't really skip a part of the game. Like Lara is still physically going through roughly the same area, so this one would be similar to the ladder jump?
trepidation
I've followed the speedrunning community for years, and these arguments over no glitch runs always pop up. The same thing always happens too, no one can ever agree. What is or isn't and exploit/glitch is too subjective.

AND, because it's so subjective, these types of runs rarely get off the ground. You'll be lucky if a couple enthusiasts watch it as a novelty.
No question about that. I'm thinking about making a video to bring some light into what was going on. As I still feel the whole situation got very much missunderstood.

EDIT: I will put this here. First one who can bear my voice for 20 minutes gets a cookie. Please don't take the video too seriously. I said "i want to clarify" or "I want to make my point" like way too often sounding super serious which was not the idea.

Hey guys,
It's been a few months I haven't run TR on that good old 360 but I really want to sub 2h before november the 10th, see what I mean Smiley
I'm experiencing some difficulties having the new way to skip that bloody gate in Shanty.
I keep watching Brassmaster WR vid but I'm not able to do the same... Do you just have to aim with bow and back scramble ? Is there a precise input or a specific spot on the gate to do it ? Or am I just doing crap ?
After the back scramble aim where brass does in the video, and make sure the camera is shaking a bit. Then press melee and immediately hold back.
Good luck!
Here's my text explanation of it, but it's one of those that is better understood when you do it.  Hopefully this helps.  Practice this on the Deer Door, no enemies and is actually harder for me there then this gate, so if you nail it there, the gate will be easier.  You can practice this on any clipable door really.

aim away from gate
back up to gate (unlike the pause buffer method where you want to be more to the right, now you want to be more centered)
let go of left stick
hit scramble (B) (if you are watching my record run, note that my first time this scramble didn't get me close to the gate.  Look at how Lara kind of floats forward the first time)
at this point there should be a slight shudder of the camera but it is not actually necessary (it didn't happen in my record run, but I was also moving fast)
(do these next 3 fast) let go of aim, hit tackle (Y), hold back on the left stick.
Well thank you Eydas and Brass !
Indeed, knowing the exact inputs makes it so much easier Smiley
I had a few practice sessions on deer door (and the door before pipes skip) and I got it quickly thanks to you guys !
awesome! best of luck on that sub 2!
So... new glitch happened in my last run.

http://www.twitch.tv/brsmstr/v/18192264

I mash jump going through there to move a little faster, but I must have gotten either a perfect pixel jump, or perfect frame jump to have her jump again while in her standing animation since she should be crouched there.
While I've never had -that- happen, I have had moments when I shouldn't be able to jump or roll but was able too. Near as I can figure, there is a frame when lara is coming out of a jump or roll that you can enter a movement input and it will register regardless of where she is. I'm not 100% sure on that though.
Yo! So cageless skip is possible:

It is a few seconds faster. If you can find some shortcuts I think it's worth doing in a run.
Hey there,
I just want to thank you all guys, for your precious advice that made me sub 2h ! That's it ! 1:58:46  Smiley
The run is not perfect, far from it, but I'm quite satisfied with what I've done in the main. Of course there is still a lot to improve, hopefully I'll beat this before the D-day.

Otherwise, this run was full of surprise, I had this helpful bug during Grim skip ^^

http://www.twitch.tv/samuraiiblue/v/19598846

Did you know this one ?
Edit history:
MrTau: 2015-10-11 12:13:05 pm
MrTau: 2015-10-11 11:49:49 am
MrTau: 2015-10-11 11:49:24 am
MrTau: 2015-10-11 11:47:51 am
MrTau: 2015-10-11 11:46:47 am
MrTau: 2015-10-11 11:44:24 am
So i just got the intro glitch/skip today, the one Zydin once had. I cant remember pressing any imputs tho, so it might just be a glitch that happens 1 in a million times.

here the higlight of it start at 30 seconds :

http://www.twitch.tv/mrtau/v/20226891
Edit history:
Naxek: 2015-10-14 09:03:21 am
Quote from TheArtisticBallistic:
Yo! So cageless skip is possible:

It is a few seconds faster. If you can find some shortcuts I think it's worth doing in a run.

Cool this will kill a weird spot that I had to use mouse and keyboard for! :p

EDIT: And I picked it up pretty well! Which is always nice. :p
Cageless is actually what I was going for when I first started trying to find a skip in that area but I could never jump on that first rock off the beam. Guess it's a PC thing or maybe I was just jumping too close to it. Either way, that's awesome. I'm curious though, is there not a path that lets you stay on the rock side so you don't have to cross over again?
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos/chroniques/446659/speed-game-le-record-du-monde-sur-tomb-raider.htm

It's in french but  just thought that Artist' should know about it (and be happy about it) !

Personally don't like it, but I have my reasons I guess :p ...
Quote from Pewable:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos/chroniques/446659/speed-game-le-record-du-monde-sur-tomb-raider.htm

It's in french but  just thought that Artist' should know about it (and be happy about it) !

I guess that's a good thing, more people will know about this run. But.. I just couldn't watch it till the end (stopped at 20min). Loads of mistakes in the commentary, and not small ones!
And I just don't understand why they didn't ask AB to explain his run a bit better, or even ask questions here on the forum. Even if it's a small community it's still active. Anyway, that's not the place to talk about it.

MrTau,

That's really instersting! Now, to me it seems like it's a save glitch of some kind. So if you go back to menu and start a new game, whereas your previous game is kind of "corrupted" then it happens. Just like the hair glitch thing.
Well, that's just a guess.

I'll try to take a look at it soon.
My french is limited to musical terms, so I've no idea what is being said.  I've seen his run posted elsewhere too.  only thing I find funny about it is that if they are using it to advertise the next game coming out in November, wouldn't you want to go with the console it's being released on?  idk, still cool its being displayed around and hopefully building some hype.  I'm curious what mistakes were said in the commentary.

I submitted TR2013 for AGDQ, and instead of immediately getting cut like last year, it was waitlisted with the question about the length difference between PC and Console.  We'll see if my argument is good enough, but I'm not holding my breath since usually they go for fastest version over everything else anyway.  I will definitely be going hardcore on ROTTR though, and let's hope there isnt a huge gap between versions this time around.
Quote:

Ha! Thats amazing, yea I'm quite happy about that! I don't think their mistakes were that bad though (then again my french is not very good). But I felt like nobody is going to notice except for the TR community.. so the exposure the run gets is far more important and hopefully helps increasing the number people running this game or the next one.

EDIT: Oh and good luck brass! hope the game makes it!
Edit history:
MoXxi: 2015-10-19 01:10:16 pm
Quote from TheArtisticBallistic:
But I felt like nobody is going to notice except for the TR community.. so the exposure the run gets is far more important and hopefully helps increasing the number people running this game or the next one.

Yep, obviously the only reason I'm bitching about it, is because I know the run so well that even a tiny mistake makes me mad!

ANYWAY, Congratulations once again on your run Artistic, it's really close to be as perfect as a single segment can be. And Brass, good luck. Would be nice to see the game at AGDQ!
Quote from Pewable:

I can understand that ^^
This site is not what it used to be anymore...
Usually, their speedgame section is a bit more interesting. They invite runners (french of course) who try to redo their pb or to sub a predefined time. In the same time the runner can explain game mechanics, glitches, strats but this time it seems they botched it. At least, I thought they would have contacted TR community to learn a minimum about the game but apparently they did not... I didn't even watch the speedgame, I already know Artistic's run (GG btw) so I don't see the point.
The only interest is the exposure it gives to TR, which is not that bad.

Oh, and I really hope to see TR2013 at AGDQ next time !
My argument was good enough for the committee, so it's in the "progress" state.  but they have 300 hours of runs to cut, so we'll see.
hiya, guys, long time no see, lol!
I can finally do intro skip pretty consistently if I roll my scroll wheel over the table thanks to @TheArtisticBallistic Wink
so I am back into business, hahha.

and one thing that I wanted to leave here is that as learning a game with tutor is way easier than trying to figure out all stuff on your own -
I am offering Dark Souls coaching for TR2013 coaching if somebody's interested.

Tongue
oh yeah, questions.

is there a way to manage savefiles? I am so sick of hearing about new game's famous explorer who once said, blahblah
any other useful tools for learning/practicing maybe?

I've found this site that offeres some save-files but didnt have time to test it yet: http://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR9saves.html
Edit history:
MrTau: 2015-11-07 07:22:32 am
I Found a method how to get the Intro ooB jump every time. Basicly you quit out to the main menu and load into the game from there. Since the loading time is much shorter its rlly easy to get the jump and you dont need to time the jump i just scroll during the whole loading screen.

here a higlight of me showing it off

http://www.twitch.tv/mrtau/v/24475704

i also just got a new PB of 1:10:39.9 and am very Happy about that