Sad
<- 1  -   of 69 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
A few notes:
- The controller input is 1500ms faster than the gameplay, nothing i can do there :/ But it gives a good idea of what i'm doing, so i'm keeping it.
- I say in the video, that i dont have a 100% method for getting the backup strat. Ironically, I proceed then doing it first try Cheesy And not just the backup strat itself,
even the failing on purpose worked perfectly first try. Landed in exactly the position i wanted, everything was on the first shot, although i prepared to do it more than once Cheesy
- Yup, its with commentary, but only because i really was way too lazy to post edit the video and write everything in there.

Now, here's the vid. Hope it helps Smiley

Edit history:
Zydin: 2015-04-27 02:27:09 pm
Zydin: 2015-04-27 02:25:11 pm
I don't think that's gonna help me at all. That's a backup strat for failing from the outside. I need one for the inside. With my angle of approach, failing from the outside is a very slim possibility and would only result in death I think.

Updated with thoughts: I wonder if an attempted grenade clip would be enough to load the research base...
hmmm.... well that wasnt clear from your description alone ;-) From the inside -> Youre pretty much f*cked. At least on ps4. Tried a lot there, and nothing worked. Maybe you have more luck, but once i'm inside, i need to reload
I don't know if it's possible on ps4, but for backup if you land inside, you can go to the left side of the gate where the loading trigger is and backwards scramble. it's not great but if possible on console then at least you won't be completely screwed.
Yo good job guys!

@Eydass I really hope I will find some time to try the door clips. If they work out as nicely as in your video this is really really big for the PC run... like seriously this will make half the skips more consistant since we can run on higher FPS and thats HUUUGE. I can smell the sub 1:05 Smiley

@Zydin The way to get back up when you landed on the inside is as follow: 1. You proceed to the part where you would normally drop down to the research base (it isnt loaded but thats why it works) 2. You can actually jump back out on the right side (facing the research base) Part of it is solid part of it isnt, but you'll figure it out. 3. Go up like in Aimlezz' video.
Edit history:
Zydin: 2015-04-27 11:54:14 pm
Zydin: 2015-04-27 11:53:50 pm
@TAB: why can't I have nice things?

Updated the KB, put a difficulty on the Teleport skip for console (totally possible on 360, do it all the time) and removed the (PC/PS4 Only) tag. I gave it a 7/10 but I could be wrong there. It could be 8.5ish. Once I get a Lara Skywalker vid i'll update that part of the KB too.
Nice. Tbh, when you train this enouh, it becomes more of a 5/10 but nevertheless, it is a very hard skip to learn.

@Vampstreak: That wont be possible ;-) My first guess would be, that without the high enough framerate, we cant clip into the door far enough, to
actually hit the loading trigger.
On Ps4 the Loading trigger inside is basically right of the door in the pillar, and so far i couldnt trigger anything by doing whatever there Sad

@Artistic: Oops, totally forgot that this was there Cheesy So yeah, you have a chance not to be screwed once you land inside ;-)
For the first time on Xbox360, TR2013 has been completed without the rope ascender. YAY!
nice! So..... sub 1:30 or bust?
hey there, guise

lemmme introduce mahself, I'm irish, pretty fresh speedrunner who was silly enough to select dark souls as his primary game to run ( hard learning curve d; ), so

recently I decided to to to pick up TR2013, read SDA wiki's and stuff, but still met some probs:

1) seems like the only person that's still running it is TheArtBall (hope thats not offensive);
2) nevermind intro oob but deer-door clip feel insanely hard to do? I mean I might get used but I couldnt manage getting it a single time so there is nothing I can start my learning from (while I've got intro thungy 2-3 times). should I get more fps or less? donno how much do I have in that particular area but on lowest settings and with directX9 ingame benchmark says I have 90-200 with average of 140.

yup, thats sometihng to start with.
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-04-29 11:08:53 am
hey there Smiley

well first of all, this game will be nothing like dark souls, so you're good there Cheesy Secondly, if i'm correct, there are quite some people that still run this game ;-)
Right of the bat i'd say there are at least Artistic, Eydas, Zydin,  and me. At least we are the most active in here. Then there would be Glurmo who wanted to start running this game,
and i'm pretty sure, there are even more who are just not active here.

What you should definetly have a look at would be the knowledge base. Everything you need to know.
2)intro Oob -> map jump to mousewheel, learn to aproximate your loading times to get a feel for the timeframe where you spin the wheel.
2b) deer door clip is now very consistent, thanks to a technique zydin told me, I refined for use on PS4, and Eydas perfected for use on Pc.
A tutorial Vid is in the knowledge base, and if you're too lazy, scroll back about 2-3 pages, its just sitting there ;-)
2c) more fps or less? Well, the fps count you posted appears high enough for most skips, but keep in mind: Higher FPS -> Harder Door clips.
I dont know if this applies to the newly refiend method of Eydas, but it definetly does for doing things unbuffered.
Nevertheless, higher FPS can make the execution of certain types of "skips" smoother. If its easier to execute them -> I cant tell, i'm locked @60 FPS as a PS4 runner.
Edit history:
irish_00: 2015-04-29 12:03:31 pm
irish_00: 2015-04-29 12:03:17 pm
great, there are more runners than just one %)

hmm, could you, please, point me to the new refined PC method for door clipping or at least the person who can explain it? I'd really appreciate it.

also you say nothing like dark souls, that sounds really tempting ;p

oh, btw, what is the reason behind running game on normal instead of easy? (I could suppose that ez is just too ez, lol)
Sure thing -> >click me<

That's a link to the KB. You can find the video under 'Example Video' and it's made by Eydas.

Lastly, we run the game on Normal because we don't get the Auto-aim this way. This normally auto targets the midpoint of the body mass, which makes it considerably
harder to land a headshot, especially on console.
Hello, Irish, and welcome.

Fellow PC runner here. I feel that your fps is at the good point to run this game. Here is the new method for door clipping.

and

These are from Eydas. He usually uploads new stuff so i recommend giving him a follow.

Honestly, I've no idea why we don't run this on easy.
Edit history:
irish_00: 2015-04-29 04:08:44 pm
okay, this discussion is vivid enough to seriously start running TR, great! Wink

hi there, Vamp, and thank you guys. also, I think I've already followed a bunch of people on YT tho wathing anything can take some time %)
also I guess melee attack is mouse 1? dont get me wrong but thats probably the reason why I could not do door clip with console method %)
Edit history:
Glurmo: 2015-04-29 04:43:05 pm
Quote from irish_00:
also I guess melee attack is mouse 1? dont get me wrong but thats probably the reason why I could not do door clip with console method %)

Hey Irish, Melee attack is F by default on PC
hey there, Glurmo, thanks
well, this may sound stupid but is tackle & melee the same thing? since if not - I was just trying to do the door clip using melee's charge %)
Edit history:
Glurmo: 2015-04-29 04:59:41 pm
Glurmo: 2015-04-29 04:58:49 pm
Glurmo: 2015-04-29 04:56:55 pm
Yeah it's the same thing, by default the melee key does a shoulder barge / tackle. Just make sure you hold backwards (S) almost immediately after pressing F so instead of doing a forward tackle it goes backwards. It takes a little while to get used to the timing, but once you get it a few times the door clips become quite easy/consistent (at framerates below ~190fps).
okay, thanks a bunch, guys.
gonna try to test things and come back ASAP :p
Here's a different ending of the big shanty town skip, works really nice for me and is super consistent.
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-05-04 05:48:29 am
aimlezz: 2015-05-04 05:01:27 am
Quote from Mumrik:
Here's a different ending of the big shanty town skip, works really nice for me and is super consistent.

Frames needed to execute? Please say 60....
plus, got any reference points, so i have an easier time trying?
Edit: If you do this with > 60 FPS, could you try it with 60 and then report back? If this works with 60, this is a big step towards 1:30 for console.
So far i couldnt get it to work, but then again, i have no idea what i have to do Cheesy
Edit history:
MoXxi: 2015-05-04 08:24:49 pm
It's been a long time since I posted something!

Although this is not too exciting, I've found an alternative ending to the wolf cave skip. It's seems to be a few seconds faster (maybe not..). The last jump looks a bit scary but it's actually quite easy and safe.

It's also possible to jump directly on the ground without having to grab the edge. But it's kind of random.
Quote from aimlezz:
Frames needed to execute? Please say 60....
plus, got any reference points, so i have an easier time trying?
Edit: If you do this with > 60 FPS, could you try it with 60 and then report back? If this works with 60, this is a big step towards 1:30 for console.
So far i couldnt get it to work, but then again, i have no idea what i have to do Cheesy

I'm sorry to say I've only managed to pull it off at 90 at lowest so far:(
As for the reference points, I start scrambling once I reach the part where the rock(the one I'm scrambling up against) sticks out and turn to face is straight forward an start pressing forward as seen in the video, then just keep the angle and keep on scrambling until you pop through the rock at the top, then just start aiming/pressing forward towards the cave entrance. That's about what I can say about it really.
When I tried it at 60 fps I couldn't initiate the first climb (except once but it stopped right after). Maybe with different setups it might work but it's gonna be hard.
Found a way to skip the bunker pipes, however the setup takes some time so I think it could only save about 1 second or 2. I'll look further into it when I have more time.
Edit history:
Zydin: 2015-05-06 01:57:47 pm
^Can confirm this works on 360, which means it isn't framerate dependent.

I took a look at this, and I think it'll be useful after all. If you stop at the camp and then reload, things progress as normal (at least it did for me). I think that'll save time over the cutscenes, but I'm not sure how much.