Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 69 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Since posting videos is trending again here's my shot at the door clips. (Which is almost an exact copy of Eydas' video)
I feel like the clips are a bit faster and might work out better for some of you as well.
Quote from TheArtisticBallistic:
Since posting videos is trending again here's my shot at the door clips. (Which is almost an exact copy of Eydas' video)
I feel like the clips are a bit faster and might work out better for some of you as well.

absolutely loved the retro part Cheesy
Yo people I got a question. It pretty much came up when my wolf cave approach set up didn't work repeatedly all of a sudden and I heard quite some other people saying Lara won't grab the roof randomly at times.

Now something I noticed quite a lot but never really questioned was when you jump forward and add left or right midair she normally does a curved jump to the left or right. But there are times where she will move strongly almost with a 90° angle to the left or right as soon as you add A or D. So the question is if this is random or if there is something that triggers it?? Because now my suspicion is that when Lara is in that weird A or D = moving stongly left or right mode, she won't grab the roof unless you set the camera way way more left than normally.
Edit history:
Zydin: 2015-05-08 08:23:07 am
This was an early issue with console trying for skywalks. I'm pretty sure if you double tap your directions the odds of her doing the quick turns is higher. I'm not entirely sure what causes it though. It might be the point in her jump/fall animation when you press the button that allows it or not and the double press hits 2 points in her animation, giving you increased odds.

Good question!
Ok, so far I can say that wolf cave approach still works even with that jump bug. I guess any recent failure was due to human error.
It seems to me that once I get the bug the only way to get rid of it is restarting the game. Reloading checkpoints or starting a new game doesn't help... which also means intro OoB becomes nearly impossible when you have the jump bug.

And then on other news there is this... I don't think this was discovered but I might be wrong.. Lara's silent jump for pistol skip maybe?
^ That's exactly where I've been messing around, however, I decided before looking further I'd confirm (with a trainer) if there was a checkpoint around there...there is, but with one major flaw, I've found.

So the next checkpoint that you can get is where Lara reloads the handgun and kills the two guys in slow-mo. If you get there without killing the pervert you pretty much softlock the game. Lara does not retrieve her weapons/gear after a reload; no bow, no gun, and you can't even press 'e' to open the burning building's door since you also have no axe. I went further to see if it gets fixed, sadly it just breaks more. The game softlocks where Lara is supposed to get the first silent kill with the bow. I went further and then she couldn't hang on to ledges just falls and dies.

If anyone has any other info on this let me know. I think for now I'm giving up with seeking a perv-skip.
For those who missed it, sub 1:05 did happen \o/
http://www.twitch.tv/theartisticballistic/v/4871094
So in my recent runs I've discovered something I didn't know about the game. I've been able to sneak in movement options where I haven't been able to before (got an extra dodge and roll underneath the shantytown bridge and in the intro when it forces you to walk to wait for the ground to break). This leads me to believe that there are/is an interrupt frame(s) in her lunge and dodge mechanics.
Nice stuff!

Seriously though you guys need to find how I did this:

It will somehow help... maybe. But how to do it?! Pretty sure you have to reload at a precise frame... But I remember spending TWO DAYS trying to reproduce it without a result.

I was trying to glitch this special dying cutscene, got the glitch, did this very crappy video, switch off the tv, boum, never able to do it again.
Aimlezz - i was wondering can you help me

Im having real trouble with radio tower fight OOB on PS4 - any chance you can walk me through it or make a tutorial vid?
Quote from lauraxolouise:
Aimlezz - i was wondering can you help me

Im having real trouble with radio tower fight OOB on PS4 - any chance you can walk me through it or make a tutorial vid?

call me in skype and we'll work something out ;-)
Quote from Pewable:
Nice stuff!

Seriously though you guys need to find how I did this:

It will somehow help... maybe. But how to do it?! Pretty sure you have to reload at a precise frame... But I remember spending TWO DAYS trying to reproduce it without a result.

I was trying to glitch this special dying cutscene, got the glitch, did this very crappy video, switch off the tv, boum, never able to do it again.

hmmmm tbh, i don't quite get it. Are you invisible in the end? Also, i saw arrows in the pistol, and a weird glitch with one of the flashlights, what was up  with that? Anyway, if its the invisible stuff, i could imagine that it resets after the next QTE / Event / cutscene.
So just to make sure we're on the same page, what did you wanted to show and in what way did you think it could be used? (I'm sorry, i'm tired, so it's probably just me having trouble figuring this out :D)
Edit history:
Pewable: 2015-05-14 02:18:42 pm
Well, it's hard to explain, I know how to make the arrows appear. You have to go towards a wall when a guard sees you, then you will see the arrows right before the death cutscene... But anyways, it's a weird glitch that I wasn't able to reproduce. And yeah, you can't die and the guards will not see you anymore. Maybe the next QTE etc. will not cancel it, I have no idea... But maybe we can't open the door etc. too so yeaaah... Sorry, this message is messy.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-05-16 07:19:48 pm
Hey people,
does anyone know what time might be possible?
I maybe want to pick this up.
Roughly an hour for PC and 1.5 hours for console depending upon the system used.
1:45 ish if on next gen
Cut-scene skip hype! ... saves about 5 seconds.

This is the same thing, however I went a different route. It only saves at most another 2 seconds, but it's more like 1.

It's fairly easy to do so it might be worth it, but if failed it wastes so much time.
Nice. I tried the old version of doint this skip several times and only could get it to work twice, so i never implemented it into my route. But this seems easy enough, and since this cutscene isn't skipable on Ps4, it would actually save about 1 min to 1:30. So thanks Cheesy Will definetly have a look
^Really? Wow. I actually did something good for once.

You're welcome console runners Smiley
Cheesy bad news - Its only Next Gen that cant skip this cutscene Cheesy But you've helped me and at least 3 other people, so I hope thats enough Cheesy
^Just helping one person is enough for me Smiley
I'll try this tonight, see if it works at 30fps
I tried that for the better part of an hour with no luck. Farthest I can get is the second aim part. She slips right off the rock before I have a chance to do anything.
I was curious so I went ahead and tried to do it myself at 30fps. It's much harder to do and I don't want to imagine doing it with a controller, but I can confirm it works at 30fps.
Edit history:
aimlezz: 2015-05-19 03:45:58 pm
i just played up until that point to check it now. Will edit results, but first i need to rewatch that video Cheesy
edit: okay, so i could get it to work about 2 times, so its doable, but rn it's really hard to do. But i'm having a hard time figuring out whats going on oob.
There appears to be a huge invisible wall on the second jump, kinda reminds me of monastery oob. Any chance you have a better idea of whats
going on there? plus were exactly are you trying to land with the second jump ?