Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hooooooly shit that's it. Thank you!
This is the most painful forgotten half-memory I have had in my entire life.

When I was six years old, I had a Gameboy Color game. I only have three separate memories of it left. I remember sitting on a metal step in some industrial area with the sun beating down on me while leaning over playing this game. I remember there being some pot sprites. I remember a lot of it taking place in what seemed like the sky. I remember having almost Pokemon-like minions, but they weren't Pokemon. They were little monsters. I think they could change or be traded. I remember the title screen having an ensemble of these little monsters.

The only person who could find this game would be someone who has played it.

All I can remember is how happy I was playing that game over a decade ago and how amazing it seemed to me. I would give so many things I don't possess to play that game again. I have just enough information for it to drive me crazy, but not enough to rediscover it. I think about this game every time I think about Nintendo. I think about this game at least once a month. Please help me. I'm just a nameless person on the Internet, but I am not that to myself. I have been myself my entire life, as you have been yourself your entire life. I need help. Feel my emotion.

Reunite me with this game.
Fish. Blub blub.
Quote from Varist:
This is the most painful forgotten half-memory I have had in my entire life.

When I was six years old, I had a Gameboy Color game. I only have three separate memories of it left. I remember sitting on a metal step in some industrial area with the sun beating down on me while leaning over playing this game. I remember there being some pot sprites. I remember a lot of it taking place in what seemed like the sky. I remember having almost Pokemon-like minions, but they weren't Pokemon. They were little monsters. I think they could change or be traded. I remember the title screen having an ensemble of these little monsters.

The only person who could find this game would be someone who has played it.

All I can remember is how happy I was playing that game over a decade ago and how amazing it seemed to me. I would give so many things I don't possess to play that game again. I have just enough information for it to drive me crazy, but not enough to rediscover it. I think about this game every time I think about Nintendo. I think about this game at least once a month. Please help me. I'm just a nameless person on the Internet, but I am not that to myself. I have been myself my entire life, as you have been yourself your entire life. I need help. Feel my emotion.

Reunite me with this game.

Dragon warrior Monsters is what you're looking for if I remember correctly!
I can't believe it was that simple. Register for this site and post in this thread, and less than four minutes later, there it is. I'm almost painfully embarrassed. There are words that humanity has not yet discovered to be used when a person wishes to express limitless gratitude, barred by a limited language. All I can say is 'thank you' GearStrike. Tell me your first name and I promise there will be one person in the world you have never met who will remember it when he is seventy years old.
Fish. Blub blub.
Errr...You're quite welcome! I noticed the game right off the bat when you mentioned the pokemon bit and how it took place in the sky. This game had a lot of impact on my childhood I will tell you that!
I only barely remembered that it took place in the sky last month. Oh fate. And a larger impact on mine. I won't clutter the thread; one last unpersonalizable "thank you," from I to you.
Edit history:
Siyko: 2011-04-25 02:32:09 pm
I used to be athiest until I realized I was God.
I just remembered this one from way back! It was a racing game.. around the era of "Stunts!", maybe 1991 or so. I am not sure if it was just free open-world driving or a race, but I remember in the game I got pulled over by a cop for speeding. Then there was an option to give an excuse for speeding.. usually he would give you the penalty anyway but sometimes he would accept the excuse and let you go on.

That's literally all I remember.

Oh, another game.. really weird first-person shooter 3D game. I remember I got it in an AOL Warez channel in probably 1992-1993. For some reason I think the game was called 'UPS', but that doesn't seem to uncover any leads. You could jump really high (I think there was a pogo stick), and there were 3d walls and buildings. There were people you could walk into to talk to.

One specific memory of that is where I jumped at someone, and as I collided with them it opened up their speech balloon. I close that, one frame passes, and since I'm still in the jump I move further into them, bringing up another speech balloon. I close it, etc repeat until I probably cried.

This one might be just some homebrew app, but it seems worth it to ask. I can't imagine making a 3d  game in that era would have been easy.
Haters gonna hate
I have a game that I can't for the life of me remember and it bothers me so much.

It was the for NES and it was one of the first games I ever owned as a kid. I have since been able to obtain every NES game I used to own, except this one because I just cannot remember the name of it, the cover art, or even how the game looked.

All I do remember though, which isn't much, was one level you would go in an underground area that had lava and you couldn't enter without a suit or else you'd die (kinda like Metroid and the Varia Suit). Another memory I have of the game is I made it to the final boss (at least I think I did..I can barely remember), but when I got there, I couldn't do anything. It was basically a room with nothing in it, and the room looked like ice. I probably sat in that room for about an hour trying everything I could to get something to show up or happen, but nothing worked. I also couldn't leave the room, so I was doomed to reset the game.

Unfortunately, that's all I remember of the game. It pains me that I can't remember anything else because I would love to play the game again to relive one of my childhood memories that have practically faded with time.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Mecha Richter:
I have a game that I can't for the life of me remember and it bothers me so much.

It was the for NES and it was one of the first games I ever owned as a kid. I have since been able to obtain every NES game I used to own, except this one because I just cannot remember the name of it, the cover art, or even how the game looked.

All I do remember though, which isn't much, was one level you would go in an underground area that had lava and you couldn't enter without a suit or else you'd die (kinda like Metroid and the Varia Suit). Another memory I have of the game is I made it to the final boss (at least I think I did..I can barely remember), but when I got there, I couldn't do anything. It was basically a room with nothing in it, and the room looked like ice. I probably sat in that room for about an hour trying everything I could to get something to show up or happen, but nothing worked. I also couldn't leave the room, so I was doomed to reset the game.

Unfortunately, that's all I remember of the game. It pains me that I can't remember anything else because I would love to play the game again to relive one of my childhood memories that have practically faded with time.

Can you describe the game more? You compared it to Metroid, is it a 2D platformer as well?

I came up with one possible game, although seems like a long shot at this point: http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/crystal-mines
Edit history:
Mecha Richter: 2011-04-28 01:03:31 pm
Haters gonna hate
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Can you describe the game more? You compared it to Metroid, is it a 2D platformer as well?

I came up with one possible game, although seems like a long shot at this point: http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/crystal-mines

No it's not that. I remember it as a 2D side-scrolling platformer/adventure. I remember it being similar to Metroid and possibly Strider.

Unfortunately, that's all I can think of. It's been so long and my memory is very hazy when it comes to that game...

If it helps any, it's possible the game was horrible and is uncommon because of it. I mean, I did have Castle of Dragon when I was a kid......
Edit history:
YoukaiDragoon: 2011-04-28 03:06:47 pm
YoukaiDragoon: 2011-04-28 03:06:28 pm
YoukaiDragoon: 2011-04-28 03:05:02 pm
Quote from Naegleria:
A 90s sci fi multi-disc game which had rail-shooter first person parts, and piloting vehicles third person underwater/flying.  The cover art featured the alien ship that is piloted, and was dark green.  I think it is 4 letters long, or two words of four letters, but I could be wrong about that.

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm pretty sure you are thinking of "Deadly Tide". Great game by the way. Tood bad you can't really speed run it due to it being primarily a rail shooter.

That's actually your ship on the cover. It was a new experemental ship created to fight some aliens who landed in the ocean and started flooding the planet by raising the sea level. The game was primarily a rail shooter but occassionally your ship would stop moving and you would have some free-rotation gyroscopic segments. Also for various missions you got out of the ship and walked around in your deep submersible dive suit which was on it's own a rail shooter with various gyroscopic segments. The mission selection screen was you sitting at the center of a globe and you could scroll all around. I remember the game being pretty badass for it's day.

Oh and the sound track was f'ing epic orchestra music. I remember that being the first video game soundtrack that I ever listened to outside the game. You could put disc 4 in a CD player and listen to it.

Deadly tide, thats it.
searching for this future real-time strategy game i played 454586 years back... i remember you build on the mine itself to get resources... i also remember there is 5-10 races i think one of them is vampire... nothing more i can tell about this game, its possible the game is named something with "rage" but google doesnt show anything
Waiting hurts my soul...
Either of these?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/tribal-rage
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/saga-rage-of-the-vikings
Maybe not the right thread for this, but : do someone know a game like Minecraft, where you begin on a beach for instance, in a lost world anyway, and where you have to build all on your own, but with better graphical quality?
Quote from Chrno:
Some Guy needs some help, please help him:

The game I want to find is a 2D side-view PVP-shooter just like Liero/Molez/Soldat, I've been searching for it for years.

I remember the demo's name being something like "Operation Bodycount", but there could be a completely different title for it, I don't know if there is a full version of this game, I had the demo from a PC gaming magazine's demo CD back in 1999 or 2000.

The game had human characters, but only one of them (a soldier of some sort) was selectable, there were 6 or 9 characters, and I suspected that each of them would have their own weapons in the full version, I remember that there was a magician character, with his blue pointy hat and mage robes. So in the demo, there was a pistol, a machine-gun, a shotgun etc. for weapons, since the only class was the soldier.

The game demo had only one map to play, and it was split-screen multiplayer. The map had the scenery of some archeological dig, there was lots of destructible terrain, also water that had physics, and as an easter-egg you could dig out two hippie busses from the surface layer of the map's terrain.

EDIT1: I remember the game logo was a big red crosshair on a greenish background, with the game's name in front. Also, I still remember the demo's music, it only had one piece of music (as far as I remember), which played in the menu's, I'm not sure if it played in the game itself. It was sort of jungle / drum n' bass music.

EDIT2: The game was 'side-view'-style. Pretty good graphics compared to Liero, Molez and Soldat too. Hard to describe exactly what kind of graphics, but the player characters were about 20 pixels high and had a lot more detail on them than any of those games I mentioned.

Gotta bump this, cuz I was part of the reddit topic this was from. Think of it like Soldat graphics, but a liero gameplay, where all the terrain is destructible via your weaponry, and your characters are a bit bigger then Soldat. More of a cartoony style, less of a rugged/rustic style of Soldat. Just take Worms, Liero, and Soldat, put them in a pot, mix em up, and your result is this game.
Exoray
Quote from Fed981:
Maybe not the right thread for this, but : do someone know a game like Minecraft, where you begin on a beach for instance, in a lost world anyway, and where you have to build all on your own, but with better graphical quality?

Heaven & Hearth? Never played it so no idea if you start on a beach, but I remember a description of it sounding pretty similar to minecraft.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Just remembered one. It's a game similar to Bomberman but for the PC around mid to late 90s. That's all I know.
I remember a game that was for mac (One of the old ones, probably more than 8 years old). You had to ride a unycicle and jump through hills, And when you died, it sounded so funny (You could die by falling or tripping off). It was the simplest game ever, but I haven't found it in all these years. I miss it. You could also grab coins I think, and once you grabbed a lot, you went to a special room.
Waiting hurts my soul...
I've updated the first post. Sadly we've increased the number of unknowns by quite a bit.

Quote from LeminLyme:
Quote from Chrno:
Some Guy needs some help, please help him:

The game I want to find is a 2D side-view PVP-shooter just like Liero/Molez/Soldat, I've been searching for it for years.

I remember the demo's name being something like "Operation Bodycount", but there could be a completely different title for it, I don't know if there is a full version of this game, I had the demo from a PC gaming magazine's demo CD back in 1999 or 2000.

The game had human characters, but only one of them (a soldier of some sort) was selectable, there were 6 or 9 characters, and I suspected that each of them would have their own weapons in the full version, I remember that there was a magician character, with his blue pointy hat and mage robes. So in the demo, there was a pistol, a machine-gun, a shotgun etc. for weapons, since the only class was the soldier.

The game demo had only one map to play, and it was split-screen multiplayer. The map had the scenery of some archeological dig, there was lots of destructible terrain, also water that had physics, and as an easter-egg you could dig out two hippie busses from the surface layer of the map's terrain.

EDIT1: I remember the game logo was a big red crosshair on a greenish background, with the game's name in front. Also, I still remember the demo's music, it only had one piece of music (as far as I remember), which played in the menu's, I'm not sure if it played in the game itself. It was sort of jungle / drum n' bass music.

EDIT2: The game was 'side-view'-style. Pretty good graphics compared to Liero, Molez and Soldat too. Hard to describe exactly what kind of graphics, but the player characters were about 20 pixels high and had a lot more detail on them than any of those games I mentioned.

Gotta bump this, cuz I was part of the reddit topic this was from. Think of it like Soldat graphics, but a liero gameplay, where all the terrain is destructible via your weaponry, and your characters are a bit bigger then Soldat. More of a cartoony style, less of a rugged/rustic style of Soldat. Just take Worms, Liero, and Soldat, put them in a pot, mix em up, and your result is this game.

I mentioned this before and didn't get an answer:
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Are you certain you're remembering one game here? Here's Operation Body Count: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/operation-body-count It's fairly close to those two pieces of information, except for the released in 1999. Do you remember the name of the magazine the demo was in? Was it for Windows or DOS?
ok so there is a game from ages ago, before 2000 or maybe 2000 for the ps1. it is a multi disc rail shooter, im pretty sure 4 discs. the game is a sci fi game and all i remember about it is that you upgrade as you go through and end up with TONS of guns in the end. i remember one level has a magma level and it looks like you are in middle earth and you have towers of lava shoot up from the ground. for some reason i feel like throughout the game you have to run through it all in one straight shot and if you die you restart on disc one but im not sure about that. i have searched all over and i cant find it anywhere. i wish i had more details to give.
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2011-07-06 01:57:47 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from zanza77:
ok so there is a game from ages ago, before 2000 or maybe 2000 for the ps1. it is a multi disc rail shooter, im pretty sure 4 discs. the game is a sci fi game and all i remember about it is that you upgrade as you go through and end up with TONS of guns in the end. i remember one level has a magma level and it looks like you are in middle earth and you have towers of lava shoot up from the ground. for some reason i feel like throughout the game you have to run through it all in one straight shot and if you die you restart on disc one but im not sure about that. i have searched all over and i cant find it anywhere. i wish i had more details to give.

3rd person or 1st person? How sure are you of these details: on rails? PS1? multi-disc?

Edit:
You can look through this list:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/playstation/action/shooter/1st-person-perspective/
and this list:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/playstation/action/shooter/3rd-person-perspective/

There's some crossover between those lists. Also, while searching for a list of multi-disc games (unfruitful effort), I thought to look for a list of on rails shooters and came across this forum thread, which might be able to help you figure it out: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25440&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=8ca798a49461325098eda454b6043f09
Edit history:
zanza77: 2011-07-06 10:02:48 pm
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from zanza77:

3rd person or 1st person? How sure are you of these details: on rails? PS1? multi-disc?

Edit:
You can look through this list:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/playstation/action/shooter/1st-person-perspective/
and this list:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/playstation/action/shooter/3rd-person-perspective/

There's some crossover between those lists. Also, while searching for a list of multi-disc games (unfruitful effort), I thought to look for a list of on rails shooters and came across this forum thread, which might be able to help you figure it out: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25440&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=8ca798a49461325098eda454b6043f09

ok so im sorry it took so long to reply, i had to work. but i am positive of the rails the ps1 and the multi disc. i know its a third person game. all i remember is playing this game years ago and i remember getting very frustrated every time i got a game over cuz i had to restart and i remember the change disc screens. but im not sure if you cant save or if i just didnt have a memory card... Sad i really wish i could remember more its just i remember playing the game when i was WAY younger and i dont remember much of it. i know that as you go through the game you end up getting more and more guns and the guns you have get stronger but they can go back to being the same as the beginning. also i know that as you go through the stages they change completely in details, like i remember one in a lava like middle earth type scene but not really middle earth the only reason i say that is cuz its filled mith magma. its more of just a different planet with magma shooting up and then i kinda vaguely remember kinda a cavern that is more serene. the enemies are always flying and they are like alien type creatures. thats basically all i got. if we cant find it that is okay i am just really curious as to what this game is called. its really bugging me.

oh and yeah i looked through all that but no luck in finding the game. i searched almost everything.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Do you remember what you controlled? A robot, a ship, some kind of creature? Any memory of the HUD? Can you describe what the game over screen looked like? Any detail could generate clues.
Edit history:
zanza77: 2011-07-07 05:48:44 pm
zanza77: 2011-07-06 10:09:23 pm
well you controlled a ship. i remember that. the creatures are very vague, i dont really remember. also the HUD is very vague to. the few games i looked at that really kinda jumped out as familiar but not it were games like vanark and space debris. they really reminded me of it.