--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Waiting hurts my soul...
Some guesses

Quote from charleon:

I ahd High hopes for the titles! but no, I sadly don't think it's those games. i remember the graphic to be a little bit more advanced, also from looking at youtube at castles and castles 2 the battles wasn't topdown but a more isometric perspective? The battle map in the game I can remember could be like 9x9 screens big with a castle in the middle and your characters started at the bottom of the map and moved upwards to try and infiltrate it.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/lords-of-the-realm-ii/screenshots/gameShotId,147796/

Quote from bmn:
Trying to remember an old DOS shareware game from around '92 or so. It's a game in the vein of Mario Party (you have a board, roll the dice and move that distance), where a set of characters similar to those in Wacky Races (including a Dick Dastardly-like bad guy who follows you around messing you up) start off somewhere in Europe and have to get to a random location first. If I remember right you start off around London and have to get to somewhere around Germany in the first round. When your turn finishes, there's a notification that pops up that either helps you out or hurts you.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/bush-buck-global-treasure-hunter
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from bmn:
Trying to remember an old DOS shareware game from around '92 or so. It's a game in the vein of Mario Party (you have a board, roll the dice and move that distance), where a set of characters similar to those in Wacky Races (including a Dick Dastardly-like bad guy who follows you around messing you up) start off somewhere in Europe and have to get to a random location first. If I remember right you start off around London and have to get to somewhere around Germany in the first round. When your turn finishes, there's a notification that pops up that either helps you out or hurts you.

this could also be Dr Drago's Madcap Chase

I played this alongside Samurai Shodown II for a little bit. It was a PC game where your character was a guy wearing black stormtrooper-like armor, but with no helmet, had a sword and also guns and had to kill 2-legged walkers that looked like AT-STs but with a longer head like Alien Xenomorphs have. You had regular enemy guys to kill too (they had armor just like you did), not just the walkers. At the beginning of the level, you were dropped from a futuristic chopper in a dark urban looking area and just side scrolled killing enemies until the final. You had to climb buildings too.

The boss for the first level was a bigger walker, crouching and firing round plasma blasts at you, he occupied almost all the right side height & about 1 third of the length, you had to jump to avoid his blasts and fire at him or get close to slash with your sword.

I think your character was a cop actually, but I'm not sure. It was from the 90s, it required something like Pentium II to play. Resolution was something like 640x480. Maybe lower like Diablo 1's 320x240, but not sure.

An example that looks like mine but it's not is here: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0g44DCgPN-8/hqdefault.jpg . This kinda looks like the end boss stage for level 1, except the caracter is blue & vividly colored, mine was dark & noir. And the boss was a walker, had crouching legs, here is just a transport. But you get the idea.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2018-08-01 02:00:56 pm
Found mine in the meantime, it was Zyclunt - Blade Warrior. the first level
I played this game on pc in the 2000s.

This game is a single screen 2D puzzle game with many levels.

The art is very simplistic cartoon. You are this red dude with a hat trying to get to the ladder to get to the next level.

There are obstacles. I remember you can eat mushrooms and the oddly coloured mushrooms are poisonous.
There was a role playing video game I played as a kid... I can recall this one quest where you go in a castle to kill a mage.  There is an insane guy that greets you, and asks for your character's name to write it down in a book.  You can choose to give it to him, and there are some other interesting dialog options.  I remember the NPC was red for some reason.  I can't remember much else other than it was a medieval style game.
If it helps any, I would have been age 13 to 19 maybe... and I am 38 now. so... 1992 to 2000 is a wide range, but I think that it is safe to assume it wasn't later than that, and it definitely wasn't much earlier than that. I used to think it was an AD&D game, but I think that is wrong... It may have been a Nintendo game. I had a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and a Sega briefly.  We got a PC for gaming at some point when I was in early High School - 1994 I started, but I don't remember which console or PC it could have been on.
Okay for like 2 weeks i have been trying to remember the name of this game my brother and I played a while back. I'm 98% sure it was a console game (either Super Nintendo, N64, or Playstation 1 or 2).

In the game, you would run along tree branches and there were these crows. You had to kick/boot the crows to get them out of your way. You would bounce/jump from branch to branch. There were these black rock/mushroom looking things that would hurt you if you touched them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
VideoGames R Life!
Quote from Rael96:
As long as we're one the subject, there have been two SFC games that I have been trying to remember but have been unable to do so.  They're both platform games.  In the first one you try to guide this girl to the end of a level.  You could also turn her into animals like a frog and an ostrich, IIRC.  I also seem to remember you could attack using musical notes. 

I think you are talking about Shantae: Half-Genie Hero for the first one. Don't know the second one though.

Edit: This question was already answered. My answer wasn't correct. My bad. ;-;
VideoGames R Life!
On the subject of 'I can't remember this game', I played a game when I was at a convention where you would just play old videogames. There was this one where you just protect somebody while some terrorists try to kill him, so you take this plastic gun attachment and try save him. It was an arcade game, I'm sure.

Any answers? This is the most I can remember about this game.
.: The one and only ixfd64 :.
Protip: in case nobody is able to find the game you're looking for, the Reddit community /r/tipofmyjoystick is another good place to ask.
Quote from Judgy:
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from bmn:

this could also be Dr Drago's Madcap Chase

OH MY GOD THANK YOU
Ive been looking for this game for a while now, couldnt remeber the name. Just by seeing the thumbnail it came back to me. Thank you so much!
Quote from OneTrueBelmont:
I am trying to recall the name of an old (late 80s, possibly to 1991) text adventure game with stunning 8 bit illustrations.  It was playable on the Atari 800.  At the beginning of the game, you steal some manuscripts from a museum called Lhasa scrolls.  From what I recall, the point of this adventure was to find all the scrolls to find some treasure.  Other things involved trying to stop a snake from killing you, trying to dodge a landslide (in awesome 800 graphics!) and ending up in some labyrinth, possibly because we did not collect everything we were supposed to get.  It also featured this phrase -- Bowls of silver, jade and gold/Lead the way safe passage hold.  I would like to know the name of the game so I could look it up to see how it should have actually been passed.

The Serpent's Star
Quote from elkingo:
If it helps any, I would have been age 13 to 19 maybe... and I am 38 now. so... 1992 to 2000 is a wide range, but I think that it is safe to assume it wasn't later than that, and it definitely wasn't much earlier than that. I used to think it was an AD&D game, but I think that is wrong... It may have been a Nintendo game. I had a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and a Sega briefly.  We got a PC for gaming at some point when I was in early High School - 1994 I started, but I don't remember which console or PC it could have been on.

I was thinking about this again - I do believe the place you travel to with your party is a hotel - and the guy with a book is actually writing your name down in a hotel log.  Turns out there is a necromancer in the old hotel and the crazy guy was a ghoul or a ghast or something.  If you give him your name, there are some dialog options. If you don't he attacks you.
elkingo: Sounds like you might just be able to find it by searching based on keywords from how a walkthrough would describe the scene[s] that you can remember. Like "RPG hotel necromancer walkthrough". Also 1992-2000 is a wide range but maybe you can remember what the graphics were like broadly speaking?
Quote from LotBlind:
elkingo: Sounds like you might just be able to find it by searching based on keywords from how a walkthrough would describe the scene[s] that you can remember. Like "RPG hotel necromancer walkthrough". Also 1992-2000 is a wide range but maybe you can remember what the graphics were like broadly speaking?

It was a party type AD&D style game.  I *think* you moved the main character and the party followed - except in battle. Battle could have been turn based.  I am wanting to think the graphics were similar to Baldur's Gate I, but less detailed maybe.  I sort of remember characters having a pic card like Baldur's Gate.
I do recall something else about the quest... as you are going in toward the necromancer, the crazy guy keeps teleporting away from you... and you have to fight your way to him again... you do that several times before you kill him and get his book to read as an item. Which I think is right before you get to the necromancer. lol
Hey guys
Hope you help me to find a game content a man wearing white amigo hat explores a castle and collects key to open doors and swords to kill skulls and bats (the game doesn't have +18 violence)
It's a 2D platforming game and levels have many colors such as pink,green or blue, some times he must bring keys or swords by going down in dark place of castle and carry torch to see or going up into a light place, He watches out from fires and catches ropes so hard. I played it on windows xp and 7 and I think that the game is released in 2000+
I didn't find it, Even in mobygames or old games archives
Hope you guys find it fast and Thank you for your help.
Sorry for bad lang.
You can also try the Mobygames thread, since they have more visitors. Sounds pretty generic though.
Edit history:
stalylor: 2019-10-16 02:37:34 pm
Hello, I am looking for two games.

1. It was 3D FPS, I think it was based on Quake engine, I played it between 2000 and 2005 I think. I remember it was playable on Windows (I got a CD from some games' newspaper with this game). I think there was a "TRIAL" word in the game title (when I saw this word I thought it's a demo, but appearently it was a full version).

There were many maps where you had to make certain amount of frags to win (against bots).

2. It was a 2D game. You were steering a space ship on the map shooting each other. The main thing was that you could build your space yourself (from pieces). I remember a yellow ship built from 3 pieces where 2 of them were crescents. I think I played it between 1998 and 2005. It was also on Windows.
1. Can't see any games that have "trial" in its title in the wikipedia list of FPS games, nor under "quake engine games". Feel free to browse those lists yourself.
1. Hired Team: Trial GOLD - somebody else helped me in finding it. And it is not on Quake 3 Engine, I thought it is!

More important for me is 2nd game I asked for, can't sleep.
I'm trying to remember the name of an old dos game. The look and sound of it was very similar to The Wheel of Fortune. Game, but I had a whole bunch of mini games. One of them you threw a duck through Tire, another one you threw a water balloon behind you and had to land it on another person who had a bucket, another one you had a bucket and you had to catch falling stars.
Also try the Mobygames thread and Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/300003816290648064/601812853003124740
Trying to remember the name of this old JRPG from the PS1 erra.  I remember it mostly because of an odd quark where at times you would have army type battles (( it was pretty simplified numbers on either side thing.)) You had a base of operations / town. You gathered your army by recruiting certain NPCs some would only unlock when you recruited a previous one for your town.

One major scene I remember from it is when you are forced to make a choice on which companion you would sacrifice at one dungeon . they dyeing permanently. Pretty sure it was something to do with triggering a poison based trap.

The game was either PS1 or Dreamcast. More likely it was on the PS1 Sometime between 1995 and 2000