Smiley
Sad
<- 1234567
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Well, when the schedule is finalized, you can set up the race in SRL (if that's what you want) some time before your slot. As for streaming, I have no idea how the stream is going to be, whether it's sharing the key or restream, but in this case I think someone will restream both of your streams. I don't set the stuff up, but that's an idea.
All right, since I've had responses from most of you running that you are good with the scheduled times, I'm just going to say that this one is finalized.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArJzqkfvWUgQdG44aHRtWHpIekNmaUcyNlUyS2w0LXc#gid=0

As for streaming, we're looking at setting up around five different dummy accounts and sending out stream keys for you guys to stream on those accounts, and we will restream the dummy accounts on the main Speedathon channel.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me on SDA, Skype, or Twitch.
We both like money! Friends?
Great! Add the schedule to the OP?
I have not the power -_-
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
C'mon, you can do it if you just believe in yourself!  Or if you hack lynx's account.  While believing in yourself.
Lost in Wonderland
Quote from RoboSparkle:
C'mon, you can do it if you just believe in yourself!  Or if you hack lynx's account.  While believing in yourself.

First Post updated no hacking is required Tongue
We both like money! Friends?
Maybe add Schedule link to the twitch page? (Or maybe I'm not seeing it....)

http://www.twitch.tv/speedathon
So I haven't seen any updates on this in a bit.  Any word on how things are going to be working with it?  Stream tests and whatnot?  Just curious.
Updates are now on the Skype group, but the biggest thing you really need to know so far is the RaidCall channel for the marathon: 6979866
Edit history:
InTheFlesh93: 2013-09-05 11:45:15 am
Yoshi's Island speedrunner
Can someone add me to the skype group? I'm really uncertain of how this marathon is working. My skype is Intheflesh.
Truljin @ Twitch
I actually punched myself for missing this >_<
Ah well, just have to watch then!
I sent my "request" to join the raidcall.  Can you please add me on the skype group too?  Valiuse0123
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EBf8ujb2qJPokjN2ZWrNurnwU1BgSJA_Mqsvj8ot7uI/viewform  Ok guys!!!  This is the form for the Bonus Stream if anyone wants to run afterwards!! ^_^
UPDATE

Ok, we have a Skype and a Raidcall group up, but I know not everyone has seen it.  Our Raidcall group is 6979866, and my skype is shawn.norris. and just let me know you need to be added to the Skype group.  We have five dummy accounts set up that we will be using to restream onto the main Speedathon account.  If anyone would like to help with restreaming and being a mod, please send me a PM either here or on Skype, though I'm more likely to check Skype.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM myself or a_cute_lynx via Twitch, here, or Skype! Smiley

Thank you!
One hand is enough.
So, I guess I'll do some shoutouts.

Nanachan09: Great job planning, scheduling, and running the marathon as a whole. We definitely overworked you this first go, next time we need to lighten your load quite a bit.

CrimsonxxMana: The restream monitoring hero of the marathon; how much sleep you sacrificed is staggering.

Blackwin5: The man that got us on SRL, and made sure we all conducted ourselves in a presentable manner. May your digimon poo as little as possible

A_Cute_Lynx: for really helping to get planning started, as well as restreaming and recruiting various runners

OrangePledge: For being a cool kid and helping out. Fix your everything soon, y'hear?

Barhunga: If bromance is a real thing, this man is my bropartner. <3

Kiyura: For f***ing running that f***ing Flower game. I mean f***, that run was so f***ing chill; holy f***.

ProfessorBroman: You really kicked off the hype for the marathon, bringing in so many viewers and donations. Borderlands 2 was amazing.

FireCrotch: For being a cool guy and trying to stay conscious during my R.A.D. run.

TMan, Laz, and PillsofDeath: Thanks for being a part of the Platinum Games block, it was great to be able to showcase such a great developer.

I know I'm forgetting people, but I always do. Big thanks to the rest of the runners, this was a collective effort and really required your participation to make the event the success that it was. Extra thanks to everyone that donated! The fact that we raised over $2,600 for PCF is just awe-inspiring, particularly considering that this was the first marathon those of us in the moderation team had put on. I really consider this to be the little marathon that could, and dagnabbit, we did it.

<3 The Halfcoordinated. I tried my best, and I did want to stay up for all of it. Still, your run was probably the best Bonus Stream run Kappab
Thanks, half <3 

If we could get some feedback from the community, that would be awesome Cheesy
Alright, I guess I'm in a mood, so I might as well give some honest feedback.

1) It was a good marathon. That's as legit as I can say it. What's contained below is me nitpicking because a) you asked and b) I'm an asshole.

2) Raidcall might use 'less resources than Skype' but no one uses it. There's a reason for that...Considering shoehorning a mumble or something similar next time. Raidcall is just peculiar...It kinda worked, but getting people 'authorized' and all was just off.

3) Half the time the title on the stream was inaccurate, and coordinators were complaining about being extremely tired. (Yes, I believe this is linked. For example, during most of Jazz Jackrabbit the title of the stream was still of the previous game, which I believe was Castlevania) This isn't some kind of 'YOU SHOULDN'T GET TIRED' thing, but if you know that people are going to have to run extra long shifts, get more people to do shifts, if possible of course Wink (If not then whatever. Mad props by the way to those who DID run the mega-shifts, I couldn't do it that's for sure!)

4) Getting yourselves on SRL (thanks to Blackwin5 if I read up) was probably the best thing that could have happened. Mad props to Blackwin for getting that done. Dead serious.

5) Too much of the stream layout was devoted to not-the-game. I know the information was needed, but some more foresight might have granted just a little more screen space to the game being played. Don't get me wrong, it was fine on the whole, but some of the logos and all were just far larger than what I felt they needed to be. Same with the text, people aren't all that blind that it needed to be huge. (That's more of a 'what I think' whinge than anything else though! Wink )

That's pretty much all I can think of. Again, it was a great marathon that really panned out well. Scheduling was done really well, you had blocks that weren't too stupid long / stupid short / totally senseless. There were enough 'fringe' games that it was interesting, but they weren't too fringe so as to make people just shut off instantly. And overall, it was really well done. There were some things (like those above) that I personally would have done differently, but of course, my opinion on how things 'should' be done will be different to others.

/my2cents/bitchsession/whingeywhineythingy
Don't forget that this forum has a two-week waiting period before giving criticism on a marathon. We have only just gotten to that point, so I think it's fair to give our feedback now. Smiley

The marathon, overall, far exceeded my expectations. From how much money we brought in, to how good the runs were, to how many viewers there were - by all measures, this marathon was a success. Hats off to the marathon staff, who did an amazing job turning this into a high-quality event.

Things that were done right:

1) The marathon stayed on or ahead of schedule. That is a pretty major accomplishment, especially for an online marathon, and everyone (runners and staff) should be proud of themselves.

2) Getting on SRL, no-brainer. Big win.

3) Run commentary was consistently strong. There were many runs where the runners and/or commentators provided top-tier informative commentary about the game. There were several runs where the runners and e-couch provided entertainment through amusing banter. (Kiyura's Flower run was a thing to behold.) Overall, I was very impressed with how well things went.

4) Staff were fantastic and dedicated throughout the marathon. Not to single anyone out, but Crimson was a warrior on the overnight shifts, and I almost always saw Lynx around as well.

5) Donations kept flowing, and runners hyped their donation incentives to keep them flowing. This marathon raised way more money than I honestly thought it could raise, particularly in the wake of the three other speedrun marathons that occurred just over the preceding month.

Things that could have been improved:

1) Raidcall worked okay, but lots of people had issues with it. I think it'd be preferable to use something that more people are comfortable with next time. (Mumble or Skype would work fine for this.)

2) There were times when pushing the donation incentives, or random e-couch interjections, kind of interrupted the runners a bit. I don't think this was a huge deal, but a little more mic discipline by those on the Raidcall/Mumble/Skype/whatever would be good. (This includes the runners too -- make sure to give the e-couch time to hype incentives or contribute to commentary.)

3) Stream layouts are a touchy subject, but I have to be comprehensive. At the start of the stream, the entire layout was super bright, which was pretty off-putting. The layout used later on was nice, so good job getting it switched up on the fly. I agree with Softman that the margins could have been reduced somewhat to give more room to the runs. However, I appreciated the placement of logos promoting both SDA and SRL (and, eventually, Ludendi as well), as well as PCF.

If I can think of more, I'll post again, but this is about all I have off the top of my head. Overall, like Softman, I'd call the marathon a success, and I'm thankful to have participated in it. Great job, everyone!