Smiley
Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I updated my submission for Dragon Quest Builders.  Added a new video, since this one has better commentary and an hour faster than previous video.  Also, lowered my estimate by 30 minutes as I am getting a better idea of where the run is going.
Live and Learn, Die and Learn Faster
Updated my Soul Calibur - Chronicles of the Sword videos for my latest PBs in both categories.  Because I obsess over rounded numbers, I kept my estimates, but they should both be easy to clear, especially by May.
I guess one more important update to my submission of Torneko the Last Hope. I will have a memory card with a save right before the final dungeon in the case that RNG is just unmanageable. This way the run finishes, and I'll have no real issues with going over estimate.
Why Hello it is Me
Added an incentive for the Custom Robo pitch.
Updated my estimate of Final Fantasy X-2 from 3:30:00 to 3:15:00 (3 hours and 15 minutes)
<(^_^)>
Made a quick update about donation incentives for my Path of Radiance submission.
I've updated my Kingdom Hearts 3D submission to reflect using the HD version that recently released.
Apparently I made a copy/paste error in my KotOR submission and gave it an estimate befitting incredibly outdated strats. Roll Eyes  I have now fixed that error (estimate is now 1:35, which was my original intent).
Leader of Starbirdia!
I edited my estimated time for Phantasy Star II 100% down by about 10 minutes. Set a new WR today with new strats that cut 16 minutes. Could go lower still.
steak Steak STEAK!!!
I will be editing my time for Legaia down by 10 minutes to 8:35:00 for the same reason as above - more refined strategies and hardware that cut 15 minutes off WR.  However, I don't think the run is going to be going that much lower.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2017-02-08 01:30:14 am
Professional Second Banana
RPG Limit Break 2017 Game List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FB0aTxpaZk2e0aEGrT2qxtjL_IiZSC_FwqK63HrFj9E/edit#gid=884421379

The Accepts/Declines tabs are self-explanatory.  The Backups tab is games that will be used to fill openings resulting from drops (if enough drops happen, I'll also move games from Decline to Backup).  Shorter Backup games may also become candidates to be added to the schedule during the marathon, in event of the schedule getting ahead (I will notify the runners if so, as RPGLB Staff is also looking into other types of on-stream content for this purpose).

Goals in game selection were:
1. Have a schedule strong for attracting viewers and raising donations (especially with us losing the Saturday finale this year)
2. Give several games that aren't quite GDQ material a chance to be in an onsite marathon
3. Maximize the # of runners that can participate
4. Limit direct repeats (especially of both the same game and category) from RPGLB 2016 and recent GDQ marathons.  We are not a GDQ, but are expecting a majority of our viewers to be GDQ watchers as well

I'm more than happy to summarize the committee's discussions on specific games if anyone has questions - feel free to post questions here, or contact me or eLmaGus privately.

We'll be reviewing/approving donation incentives as part of making the schedule in the coming weeks.

Notes on specific games:
I Am Setsuna: Wasn't offered as race or co-op.  We're not interested in a race of this, so let us know if you'd like to do co-op or a solo run by 1 of the runners.
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen: Planning to make this a Good (Any%) vs. Evil (Devil Ending) bid war.
Shining Force, Paper Mario: Open to a race, co-op, or solo run.  Runners, please discuss and let me know.
Final Fantasy IX and XII: Co-op runs between the listed runners.
EarthBound: Would like to hear a community proposal on how they'd like to handle teams/commentary - RPGLB Staff would like no more than 4 teams (for tech reasons), some or all commentators to be dedicated (not part of a team), and teams to be set at least 1 month prior to the marathon.
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX, Super Mario RPG, Dragon Warrior Monsters 2, Mega Man Star Force 2: English version preferred by RPGLB Staff - it's our understanding that the English versions have the same route and acceptable text speed differences (~30 sec for KH1.5, ~8 min for SMRPG, ~5 min for DWM2).
Terranigma: This will be run with English 60fps patch - RPGLB Staff can provide a flash/repro cart if needed.
StarTropics 1 & 2: Bid war between the 2 games.
Nier: Due to the mature content in this game, we've asked NAMI to review it to ensure they're comfortable.  We should have a final answer by this weekend; but based on the conversations we've already had, we don't expect any issues.  The runner is already aware and has been involved in the discussions.
Tales Games: The games committee is aware that Tales hasn't had much represenation at RPGLB, but among the total pool of offers we didn't feel that this was the year.
Just some guy
Thanks for the on-time game list. I wouldn't mind some feedback on Riviera's decline, as I'll probably be trying again next year.
Honestly expected all 3 to be declined

Plesently suprised.
Leader of Starbirdia!
This actually works out fine for me, even though my run got declined. Due to health reasons that recently came up, I would have had no way to make it there, even to volunteer. Looks like a good list of games, can't wait to see it.
steak Steak STEAK!!!
Does the staff have a preference for English text for Paper Mario?  Since it's glitchless, there wouldn't be any route changes, and the difference is about 5 minutes or so.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2017-02-08 02:21:24 pm
Quote from Flameberger:
Thanks for the on-time game list. I wouldn't mind some feedback on Riviera's decline, as I'll probably be trying again next year.

The game's not very well-known either in the speedrunning community or the general public.  Neither of those is a requirement for a game to get into RPGLB, but for a run with a longer estimate like 5 1/2 hrs, we'd like some game/franchise name recognition to draw in viewers (and support for the donation incentives) and some additional knowledgeable commentators to help keep the run engaging.

Quote from Drifting Skies:
Does the staff have a preference for English text for Paper Mario?  Since it's glitchless, there wouldn't be any route changes, and the difference is about 5 minutes or so.

We'd prefer English due to the small overall difference.  Also let us know in the next few weeks if you and andyperfect would prefer a race, co-op run, or solo run.
Also, if any runners will be unable to attend for the full event (May 13-19), please let me know which dates you'll be available to be scheduled.
Edit history:
lltemple: 2017-02-08 02:47:15 pm
lltemple: 2017-02-08 02:46:23 pm
lltemple: 2017-02-08 02:46:06 pm
Quote from puwexil:
EarthBound: Would like to hear a community proposal on how they'd like to handle teams/commentary - RPGLB Staff would like no more than 4 teams (for tech reasons), some or all commentators to be dedicated (not part of a team), and teams to be set at least 1 month prior to the marathon.

As of now we planned to have 4 teams of 3 with captains DanielRGT, UltimoIce, Backgrounguy02, and AndyPerfect (top 4 Glitchless runners respectively) who will pick from the remaining pool of eligible racers to form their teams. We had also planned to have alternates in case anyone got sick or couldn't attend the marathon. Only problem right now is that we don't have anyone dedicated to commentary, though we could use the alternates. Falexxx1 has offered to do commentary throughout the relay but is contingent upon where EarthBound lands on the schedule due his work schedule. We would still need at least one more commentator for all the action. Again, alternates could be used for commentary here.

That said, we want to do what's best for tech and the marathon to make things go as smooth as possible will all the racers. We are willing to cut back to 3 teams of 3 freeing up racers to cover commentary. There have been a couple people who have volunteered to do so if that is what we decide to go for.

So basically,

Scenario A: 4 teams of 3
Scenario B: 3 teams of 3

We're totally open for doing whatever it takes on our end to make sure things go smoothly on the marathon side of things. Let me know if there's any more info you need or questions/input you all have about the relay.

EDIT: We will have teams to you guys by the beginning of April at the latest. If not well beforehand.
If there's 12 EarthBound runners planning to attend, 3 teams of 3 feels like the stronger option to me, as that would:
-give you more options for making balanced relay teams
-make it less of a problem if 1 or more runners end up not being able to make it
-allow for multiple dedicated commentators (who could also be backup runners in case of drops)
-be easier for tech/logistics, as far as setting up the teams on 'stage' and equipping the commentators to be able to watch all of them
-be a bit easier to follow from a viewer perspective

Thoughts?
Just some guy
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from Flameberger:

The game's not very well-known either in the speedrunning community or the general public.  Neither of those is a requirement for a game to get into RPGLB, but for a run with a longer estimate like 5 1/2 hrs, we'd like some game/franchise name recognition to draw in viewers (and support for the donation incentives) and some additional knowledgeable commentators to help keep the run engaging.

Ok thanks
There's likely a good handful more than 12 runners who have said they're going. It's the 12 that were officially accepted that are 100% going.

I don't see any major issues with 3 teams of 3. It's the safer option for sure. We'll give it a couple days before we decide for certain what the plan is. 3 teams of 3 seems to be the most agreed upon option from everyone I've talked to.
Sure thing - we want to have the best overall relay race for the event, so no need to rush the decision.
So what was the decision on why my Torneko run got rejected this year again?
<(^_^)>
Asking more out of curiosity than anything else, what's the reason for accepting sacred stones over path of radiance? (I'm assuming between those two since those are my stronger non-filler FE submissions)
steak Steak STEAK!!!
Quote from puwexil:
Also, if any runners will be unable to attend for the full event (May 13-19), please let me know which dates you'll be available to be scheduled.

I'd have a preference for any day after the 13th.  My last day of finals is the 11th, and I'm going to need a full day of driving to get to Salt Lake, so while I probably can do the 13th if necessary, I am a bit crunched at the start of the event and would prefer to not have my run until the 14th or later.