--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
bichphuongballz: 2017-02-08 07:29:48 pm
bichphuongballz: 2017-02-08 07:27:25 pm
bichGOAL
What I can 100% confirm is that I will be there the night of the 17th, and all of the 18th and 19th. What is potentially possible is to arrive the night of the 16th instead, but I cannot confirm that at this time.
Professional Second Banana
Quote from lightningluke81:
So what was the decision on why my Torneko run got rejected this year again?

We thought it was a fine candidate (good length for what it is, interesting routing), but just decided to go with other Dragon Warrior/Quest games for this event.

Quote from kirbymastah:
Asking more out of curiosity than anything else, what's the reason for accepting sacred stones over path of radiance? (I'm assuming between those two since those are my stronger non-filler FE submissions)

We picked FE8 over 9 mostly because the RNG manip would make for a pretty different kind of run from the other tactical RPGs we picked for the schedule.
Ty2358 and I would definitely like SF1 to be a race as for many of the reasons stated during the submission.

I'm unsure of exact dates, I'll know much more in a few weeks, but I'll likely need to be later in the week as opposed to Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, as I probably won't be able to make it until Wednesday evening. But as I said, I'll know much more in the coming weeks. I'll definitely keep you updated.

Also, four headsets still? As you may recall, we have more people that want to be on the couch than we have space for so we're already planning the couch and just want to make sure that we don't oversell our space =)
Quote from NoWorries:
Ty2358 and I would definitely like SF1 to be a race as for many of the reasons stated during the submission.

I'm unsure of exact dates, I'll know much more in a few weeks, but I'll likely need to be later in the week as opposed to Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, as I probably won't be able to make it until Wednesday evening. But as I said, I'll know much more in the coming weeks. I'll definitely keep you updated.

Also, four headsets still? As you may recall, we have more people that want to be on the couch than we have space for so we're already planning the couch and just want to make sure that we don't oversell our space =)

Thanks - noted SF1 as a race on the game list.  As of now we're planning to use the same audio setup as last year, with the 4 headset limit.  If that changes we'll announce it.
I'm a bit curious about Data Org getting rejected, since I'll continue to submit it and I'd like the submission to be as strong as possible.
[quote="puwexil"]
Quote from lightningluke81:
So what was the decision on why my Torneko run got rejected this year again?

We thought it was a fine candidate (good length for what it is, interesting routing), but just decided to go with other Dragon Warrior/Quest games for this event.

Okay, thank you. I will keep submitting this game each year until you accept it.
Quote from Bl00dyBizkitz:
I'm a bit curious about Data Org getting rejected, since I'll continue to submit it and I'd like the submission to be as strong as possible.

There were no issues with your submission or the Data Org run itself - we just decided to give KH2/KH2FM a year off, after runs in both previous events (including a Data Org incentive last year).
Edit history:
Bl00dyBizkitz: 2017-02-09 11:37:34 am
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from Bl00dyBizkitz:

There were no issues with your submission or the Data Org run itself - we just decided to give KH2/KH2FM a year off, after runs in both previous events (including a Data Org incentive last year).

I figured this was the case. Thanks for the response, really good showing from KH this year. Especially GBA CoM, should be interesting.
Same as bich, I'll be arriving no later than the night of the 17th and staying the rest of the marathon.  I am trying to arrive earlier if possible.
steak Steak STEAK!!!
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from Drifting Skies:
Does the staff have a preference for English text for Paper Mario?  Since it's glitchless, there wouldn't be any route changes, and the difference is about 5 minutes or so.

We'd prefer English due to the small overall difference.  Also let us know in the next few weeks if you and andyperfect would prefer a race, co-op run, or solo run.

I think we've come to an agreement that Paper Mario is a good game for a race due to fairly minimal RNG over the course of the run compared with most RPG's featured.
Quote from Drifting Skies:
I think we've come to an agreement that Paper Mario is a good game for a race due to fairly minimal RNG over the course of the run compared with most RPG's featured.

Noted.  I'd also like to see at least 1 commentator besides you 2 guys for the race, so if no one else that runs the game is attending, please try to recruit someone to learn the route for commentary.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2017-02-10 06:29:27 am
GhostKingG1: 2017-02-10 06:28:49 am
GhostKingG1: 2017-02-10 06:25:21 am
Why Hello it is Me
I brought this up with Andy but for the sake of doing so here too  (since we have no thread regarding commentary yet), Id like to offer to do commentary for Paper Mario, runners willing. While I don't run the game myself (though I have done casual playthroughs with speedrun strats), I know that game very well in terms of its mechanics, story, design, route, categories and speedrun history and have actively followed the game as a speedrun since Summer 2013.
<(^_^)>
Quote from GhostKingG1:
I brought this up with Andy but for the sake of doing so here too  (since we have no thread regarding commentary yet), Id like to offer to do commentary for Paper Mario, runners willing. While I don't run the game myself (though I have done casual playthroughs with speedrun strats), I know that game very well in terms of its mechanics, story, design, route, categories and speedrun history and have actively followed the game as a speedrun since Summer 2013.

Same
So after much deliberation within the community and speaking with some of RPGLB staff I think we've found a good middle ground for the EB relay.

3 teams of 3 with each team having an alternate. The alternates will do commentary and, if need be, cover teams in case someone gets sick or can't attend the event. If it turns out we get to the event and we have 2-3 people that aren't on teams who can do commentary, then the alternates will join the teams and we'll run 3 teams of 4.

Let me know if there's any concerns with this setup.
Quote from GhostKingG1:

Awesome!  We'll start formally taking commentary signups after the schedule is posted - TBD if that'll be in this thread, a separate one, or something else like a form.

Quote from lltemple:
So after much deliberation within the community and speaking with some of RPGLB staff I think we've found a good middle ground for the EB relay.

3 teams of 3 with each team having an alternate. The alternates will do commentary and, if need be, cover teams in case someone gets sick or can't attend the event. If it turns out we get to the event and we have 2-3 people that aren't on teams who can do commentary, then the alternates will join the teams and we'll run 3 teams of 4.

Let me know if there's any concerns with this setup.

That sounds great to us.
since people allready did i ALSO known the paper mario routes really really well I dont run becasue lack of console.
I'm also going to try to arrive the night of the 17th, and be there through the end of the marathon.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2017-02-17 12:22:01 am
Why Hello it is Me
At the moment, I don't 100% know my schedule completely, so there is a chance I will not be able to be there on Friday the 19th, so for the time being it is most likely best that my run not be scheduled any later than the morning of the 18th. I will know more within the coming weeks, it depends on what one of my professors does, but since the schedule will likely come sooner I think it'd be best not to take that chance.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2017-02-26 04:51:56 pm
GhostKingG1: 2017-02-26 04:50:19 pm
Why Hello it is Me
So I found out that my availability will actually be the evening of the 15th to the 20th. I apologize since it's so close to schedule release but I found out I can't miss a particular class on the morning of the 15th. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2017-03-16 12:34:05 pm
puwexil: 2017-03-02 10:29:39 am
puwexil: 2017-03-02 10:28:41 am
puwexil: 2017-02-28 09:27:32 pm
RPG Limit Break 2017 Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hxJlgQJ5NuoklEmbMtCnynzyORF4z8cCCh8XpX9__2I/edit?usp=sharing (in MDT/GMT-6 - auto-converting version to follow soon)

Unfortunately we ended up having to remove Nier due to content concerns by NAMI, and have replaced it with Sylvan Tale and World of Final Fantasy.

All runners, please let me know ASAP if you will be unable to make your timeslot.
Very excited to see the schedule!

EarthBound Relay Teams are as follows (team names tba):

Team 1: Backgroundguy02, ClassicJames, ukobotic, Drumboardist

Team 2: UltimoIce, DRock91384, skateman222, AndyPerfect

Team 3: DanielRGT, Yunachu, lltemple, Aurilliux

As of now we have dedicated commentary from HelloBoing and Waluigidelazul.

Looking forward to the marathon!
The schedule looks great. Also just double checking, I'll be allowed to run on Wii U VC for my run, correct? If not I'll need to buy a physical copy of Zerker x Saurian.
Quote from soothingplumtea:
The schedule looks great. Also just double checking, I'll be allowed to run on Wii U VC for my run, correct? If not I'll need to buy a physical copy of Zerker x Saurian.

Oh yeah - meant to follow up with you on that.  Are you using this process to play the game on WiiU VC (https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleNetwork/comments/4kn7to/mega_man_star_force_possible_on_virtual_console/), or does it have some kind of more official VC release now?
I'm using a different method for injects, but yeah it's not an official release. I'd prefer playing on Wii U so I can use the gamepad for larger/more comfortable buttons, but I'm sure Ouro or somebody else would let me borrow their 3DS capture card at the event if you want to do that.
Pudding%
Given how early in the marathon Grimrock is, it may be better to go with the custom portrait packs I made yesterday rather than letting people name the characters. I would then just name the characters based on what pack was selected.
Team Final Fantasy

Team Shining Force

Team JeffBound

Also (for Ogre Battle), as I'm realizing how much of a mess it would be to try and figure out where the RNG is for any given name, I'm gonna try and find some names that would allow me to know where the starting RNG is, and list those as a bid war rather than letting people donate for names specifically. If the initial card set wasn't that important it wouldn't be an issue, but thanks to Ogre Battle's overly complex RNG, the name actually affects the card set. Thankfully, it's consistent in how it affects it, so it won't be too hard to find some suitable names.