Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Co-founder: Etrosgate.com
Offering to commentate FF13 as well.  I see a lot of other offers already, but even so I think I add a lot of knowledge to the couch.

I may also be able to hole-fill for other games.  I don't know anything else all that well, but I can do research in the meantime.
Yeah given I am going I would like to be on couch for Superstar Saga
At the moment, Falexxx1 and Aurilliux have confirmed couching for Earthbound.
Edit history:
obdajr: 2016-02-10 09:52:49 pm
obdajr: 2016-02-10 09:49:17 pm
obdajr: 2016-02-10 09:49:10 pm
obdajr: 2016-02-10 09:48:20 pm
obdajr: 2016-02-10 09:48:17 pm
obdajr: 2016-02-10 09:48:17 pm
@ WanderingMind and KirbyMasta, would love to have you guys help me with commentary!

I could do commentary for the Lufia II Ancient Cave run, Final Fantasy VI if needed, and Final Fantasy V (but it looks like there are plenty for that)

Past that, if any runs are lacking commentators, let me know and I'm more than willing to tune into practice attempts and read up on the run between now and May! The whole schedule is right up my alley.

EDIT: BOWIE too? wow I have an abundance of awesome people!
Edit history:
BOWIEtheHERO: 2016-02-10 09:53:53 pm
I would like to offer my commentary services for Bravely Default with Obdajr, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria with Tide, and Ys Origin with GhostKingG1.

If they would have me, that is! Smiley
Edit history:
Gerrick: 2016-02-12 03:56:24 pm
I'd like to offer my services for Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria with Tide, and Shining Force II with Bowie and NoWorries.

EDIT: I would also like to offer commentary for Suikoden 2 with Omnigamer.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2016-02-11 01:10:46 am
Why Hello it is Me
Quote from BOWIEtheHERO:
Ys Origin with GhostKingG1.

If they would have me, that is! Smiley

I'd be honored if you'd co-commentate, I actually came in here looking to see if I could ask for anyone who may want to volunteer, the game has a lot of things to explain and a lot of downtime.
Edit history:
Rheinhold: 2016-02-11 04:35:11 am
I would like to volunteer for commentary on Shining force II with BowietheHero and No Worries
Quote from puwexil:
Might add some more later, but for now I'll offer for Child of Light, Parasite Eve, and Final Fantasy V.

Accepting Puwexil for Parasite Eve. No spots reserved on my list.
Would also welcome a couple back ups to prevent the Couch Zombie status effect on Puwexil from lack of sleep.
Will update post as stuff happens.

Spot 1: Puwexil
Spot 2: Open
Spot 3: Open
Backup: Open x2
Offering skilled commentary for Shining Force II
Offering basic commentary for Phantasy Star IV and FF6 (could definitely learn more)
Willing to learn commentary for Disgaea 3, Suikoden II, Seiken Densetsu 3, Legend of Mana

Not an all inclusive list obviously. This RPGLB is pretty important to me for a number of the games presented here,
some of which were extremely formative titles for me as a gamer. (Shining Force and Phantasy Star IV; FF6 Suikoden and Legend of Mana later)
Shining Force community and FF6 should be strongly represented in commentary, but I still figured I would offer.
Accepting Driscollad and Osey for the Soul Blazer couch.
Volunteering my services for commentary for Shining Force 2 run by BowietheHero and Noworries.
Edit history:
Aithere: 2016-02-11 02:16:39 pm
I'd like to see if I could commentate on the couch during VP2 for Tide. And maybe FF5 for bich once I get some runs in.
I should probably mention here, both Shadowkiller4826 and Elmagus are confirmed to commentate for my run on Friday. Two is fine, but I personally find that commentating for AC thrives a lot more when there are more heads to bump with. I wouldn't mind a 3rd or even a 4th commentator. This not only keeps me concentrated and less nervous, but also allows for multiple people to give out fantastic different and useful commentary. For this run in particular, it's not just about knowledge of how items and monsters work, great commentary also thrives from being able to access the situation i'am in (due to the heavy RNG) and be able to explain to an audience, where many people might not be familar with the category, and explain to them the current situation and the options I have. Both my commentators I already have are fantastic at picking this up without me having to say anything. Meaning reactionary commentary is needed and you have to be able to adjust that on the fly.
All the things
The couch for Suikoden II is open, but I ask that:

-Commentators should have played through the game casually or otherwise, the more recently the better.
-Commentators should be interested/curious and ready to ask questions about the route/gameplay as I go through.
-BONUS: Commentators should have some knowledge of the lore, story, and characters. This is a draw for a lot of fans that love the bits of detail spread throughout character backstories and tie-ins across games.

I can handle the technical commentary throughout, but I generally give better commentary when questions/comments are brought up throughout the run. I can also add in tidbits along all of the things listed above, but for the most part my focus will be on playing and describing technical details.
wellsjc
I would love to assist with commentary for Ancient Cave if there's room.
We should just have like 10 people around for LII:AC and play treasure bingo
Why Hello it is Me
That sounds amusing and I would totally be down.
I love that idea, actually. I've actually never seen this Lufia 2 bingo though, so I'm curious how it works.
Quote from Omnigamer:
-BONUS: Commentators should have some knowledge of the lore, story, and characters. This is a draw for a lot of fans that love the bits of detail spread throughout character backstories and tie-ins across games.

My commentary name will be Schtolteheim Reinbach III.
Edit history:
BOWIEtheHERO: 2016-02-12 10:09:14 am
Lufia 2:AC Bingo? All my choices will be Iris Treasures

EDIT - To make sure this is commentary based. Accepting Gerrick, Carebearz and Turbo for comms. Have asked NoWorries to look over these and confirm as well. but 50% of the team is ok with it so far. NoWorries is currently doing a run, so when he's done, he'll confirm.

And GhostKing, I've been looking into Ys Speedruns, and this is the perfect chance for me to learn as much as I can! Thank you for accepting
I can confirm accepting Gerrick, Carebearz, and Turbo for comms. I don't know what the max is for commentary, but I see no reason to disclude Rheinhold unless it is strictly a space restriction. Seems like 4 guys could sit on the couch. But whichever.

For game commentary, I can volunteer for both Final Fantasy (PSP) and Final Fantasy VI (SNES). Neither are games that I speedrun, though I am very familiar with both of them and would be more than willing to watch VODs of the runners as well as meet beforehand to learn more about the specifics. I like to talk, so that works, but I can also just sit back and be amazed, either way =)
OH SWEET GAIA! I FORGOT TO ACCEPT RHEINHOLD!!! I ACCEPT RHEINHOLD TOO!
coming out of the woodwork to post here. in the interim i got married and went on a honeymoon and will likely move to the UK come summertime. now i'd like to have my last hurrah in the states while i can. Smiley

i am offering commentary for ff6 or chrono cross. pretty familiar with both of these runs. if none of those work, robotrek, because i grew up w that game and it gets no love at all//not enough love.

best of luck to everyone.
Professional Second Banana
I'll take bichphuongballz and obdajr for FF6 commentary.