<- 1  -   of 41 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Darnok_PL: 2018-12-24 02:13:23 am
Mano, maybe this one would work better on N64. Jano Skip 3 doesn't involve entering pause and void glitch, it is rather a frame perfect damage.

Glackum was the first one to ever get it on video. Robin gave me a basic idea of setup, which I've tried to improve - thanks a lot!
Some minor stuff:
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2019-01-10 08:57:13 pm
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Nice finds. I also saw the Rock and Lava out-of-bounds glitch in your any% run:

Good to see that there's finally a way to get to that loading zone.
There are another skips you could perform with void glitch:
1. skipping laser in FG3 - it just doesn't apppear - you will find it in my treasure% run (22:10*)
2. entering CoBD early without visiting Clark - however it works only with cutscene skips
3. skipping orbs in CoBD1 since the mouth is not solid in void mode

However, we believe the void glitch is not exactly the same hard in different levels, even though it is considered to be just frame perfect - maybe there is some stuff which eats some frames, we don't know yet.
Also, if I understood correctly, the void glitch is not working under N64?
Edit history:
Darnok_PL: 2019-01-14 04:09:19 am
Darnok_PL: 2019-01-14 04:09:07 am
Our member CoCo found a way to clip in CoBD2 at very beginning. We've improved a setup a little bit. I am gonna present my setup and a setup by MoonsPod.

Also a setup by MoonsPod:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/132499708533932032/534304062779162624/Clippy.mp4

Seems to be slower for route (including backup for missed lums) by about 30s than Jano skip 2.0 (the void one).
Quote from Darnok_PL:
Also, if I understood correctly, the void glitch is not working under N64?

Yep, I haven't been able to get it to work. I'll try Jano skips 3 and 4 some time.
@Manocheese Jano Skip 3 works

Nice. I played around with it for a while, but it seems pretty tough.

No luck reproducing Jano skip 4 on N64.
Edit history:
Darnok_PL: 2019-02-10 02:56:30 am
Darnok_PL: 2019-02-10 02:56:04 am
Darnok_PL: 2019-02-10 01:36:02 am
There was a pretty big glitch found recently, which involves teleporting into arbitrary place by grabbing a ledge somewhere before and jumping onto some sloped floors. We called it Glitch Location Manipulation.
Here is a video by Robin which explains this glitch:

So in short - if you find a specific slope location (in Raymap map viewer it is a "green" floor) and grab a ledge somewhere, you can make manipulate the vector40 which contains Rayman's grab location and a result make Rayman wronggrab different walls.

There are 2 useful skips already with this glitch:

Originally it was found by accident. Firstly, our runner Moonspod got a teleport from a shell:

We used to think for a long time, it was related to a shell but actually, the only things that matter are grabbing a ledge and jumping on a slope.

I was told this glitch also works on N64, however height increase (so setups) might be different.
So yesterday a new glitch was found to skip the Tornado's, it seems more consistent and faster. It uses a combination of GLM and helicoptering to remove the speed limit when inside the tornado:

The grabbing teleport glitch I found way before the original post; probably around 2013 or 2014. I was messing around in Walk of Life when I started teleporting away from where I should've grabbed a ledge and I do remember also teleporting pretty far away once from this (might've been the instance I just mentioned), but I didn't really know what happened so I didn't look further. There wouldn't have been any way for me to find the solution anyways. Nice to see that got cleared up now
Wow, that's an awesome glitch. When you jump, does the grab location move in the direction Rayman is facing?
From the point of view of the code we know that the xy-change of grab location moves dependent on Rayman's angle and probably nothing else, but it is not exactly the direction Rayman is facing.
Any chance of using this glitch to reach the Echoing Caves loading zone in Fairy Glade? I was looking at the area in Raymap, but I'm not sure exactly what I'm seeing:

Well, that was an idea I was studying a lot. However, the only slope suitable to perform this glitch is located at very beginning of the level (in tree section). The only grabbable ledges (at least on PC) are located in final section, with the cage. You would be able to perform some teleports by coming back to the beginning, which is possible by backjumping in slide section... but sadly touching the slide resets the variable required.
To be able to get any GLM in Fairy Glade 2 you need to either find a grabble ledge in tree section or find another suitable slope. Teleporting very high in tree section might also work out - I tried it with moonjump and you can actually fly to the warp trigger.
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2019-03-10 10:25:29 pm
Manocheese: 2019-03-10 08:56:06 pm
1:59:37

My dream is complete--sub-2:30 100% and sub-2 any%! Just a few years ago, it seemed impossible. But with the work of Rayman 2 players around the world, the impossible became possible. Today, the possible became reality!

I'll post the run as soon as I can.

EDIT: Here's the run:

Edit history:
KirbyComment: 2019-03-11 01:14:45 am
Sub 2 hours finally happened! Congrats ManoCheese! I will make sure to watch the run back in full (when you submit this speedrun to SDA if you do). Do you think you would try to bring the time down further?
Congratz Mano! What now? Wink
Thanks. I haven't ruled out improving the run some time in the future, but for now, I want to take a break from Rayman 2 and play other games.
FYI, the run is in public verification. The thread is here:

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rayman_2_the_great_escape_available_for_verification__due_2019.04.09.html
Congratz for the accept
And here is my new WR on PC - with most of modern skips and strats:

Still improvable by maybe a minute, but I don't think, it is worth trying - I had better remake 100%.
And here is my 100% run - I am glad with it:
Nice! I'll have to watch those runs some time.
Edit history:
Darnok_PL: 2019-06-05 09:05:34 pm
Darnok_PL: 2019-06-05 06:33:47 pm
Just got 1:15:22 Loadless!!!

EDIT: Forget it! Now I have 1:14:25*. As my SoB is 1:12:41, this run might be actually hard to improve with such hard skips. Tongue