--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Stubgaard: 2006-05-23 02:47:40 pm
Hey Ho Let's Go
Hey boys, the project page has been set up. Go have a look: http://www.planetquake.com/sda/projects/qd100qlite2/

As you will probably notice, you can't download the demos, only the .cfg files for the levels that are done. The main reason for this, is that it'll be nice to at least have a few demos in the project that only a few people have seen  Smiley

(I could of course link to the SDA demos but I can't be bothered... coz everyone can just grab them from SDA anyway)

We don't want to spoil the surprise too much.

But if you want in on any of the empty spots, just let me know.
Thread title:  
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I can do atleast e4m7, probably e4m6 as well.

And of course you can improve any of the previous times, not just fill the holes.
Hey Ho Let's Go
After second thought I've posted all the demos, go have a look.

Oh, and I finished e3m7.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cool demo and nice to get the project running again!
You greedy piece of shit used 48 cells  Smiley

Btw. if anyone wants to try e2m5 he should check the starting stats himself, config seems to be wrong..
Hey Ho Let's Go
The stats aren't entirely correct because I used the ending stats from Daniel's e2m4_121 which is done from scratch. I have to create a cfg manually by using the stats from e2m7 and e2m4. I'll do that later...
I'm gonna have a look at e2m5, but have to wait for config before I can begin.

Anyway, suggestions are more than welcome. e2m5 is such an open map that there are many possible routes. As it looks now, I'm going to use the same as in my SDA record.
Hey Ho Let's Go
The new config is up.

I think the SDA route is the best. But maybe the old QdQ route can be used better than it was in the old project...
Hey Ho Let's Go
The project page has been updated with quite a few new demos. Go take a look.
nah, i believe the qdq route is better for e2m5. i remember i've done 1:06 cheated demo on that route, it could be done definately faster that way.

oh and stubby, marvin begged me to try e4m8. I can try it if nobody else wish, but not right now
Hey Ho Let's Go
Yeah, the qdq route for e2m5 is much much quicker as shown by the almighty Flecker  Smiley

Anyways, ep3 is about done now, unless someone wants to have another crack at any of the maps?

And I just need that extra bit of luck to get everything right on e2m6, then we can close the lid on ep2 as well.

So that leaves us with ep4...
hey! e2m5 isn't done yet... probably
Hey Ho Let's Go
Ok  Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Justin is fucking unstoppable!
Also, that e4m5_139 is only like 0.3 sec faster than my 1:40, so I might improve that later. Just to make flecker improve it more Smiley hihi
Hey Ho Let's Go
Yeah, give the almight Flecker some competition will ya!  Grin
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
e3m6_109
beat it and it's yours
Hey Ho Let's Go
e2m6 nearly done.

http://www.planetquake.com/sda/projects/qd100qlite2/
so e4m5_139 isnt yet optimized right? coz i wont gonna start recording stats not finalized
Hey Ho Let's Go
I think Martin will try e4m5, but there's no reason not to start working on e4m8 coz the stats will remain much the same, unless Martin decides to waste the entire amount of ammo on sillyness  Wink

Speaking of stats, I soooo hope that all the stats will fit when we're done recording the demos. It would seriously suck if they don't....

e2m6 is done btw!
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hey, its my first post!

I did e3m6 in 1:08. Good luck getting 1:07 Timo Smiley

I tried recamming some of the project demos with remaic a few nights ago, but i didn't realize it was so difficult and time confusing. I need some expert advice to get a n00bie started here.  Joe? Morfans?

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Naah, I don't think 1:07 can be done in reasonable time. I knew I should have done that 1:08 first but was too bored  Smiley
Maybe I'll give it one shot though.
it's me joe, i just cant log in but only from home since some misterious reasons....  Huh?

so, some info to you optic:
making fecammed demos with remaic takes plenty of hours so just be patient Smiley
you'll need to pick up the coordinates first, just start quake with your favorite engine, lie back, get some coke or beer, and then start flying around (noclip, notarget suggested). When you place yourself into a position which you think would be good, type "edict 1". this will print plenty of information about your model. which important for you is "origin x y z" where x,y and z are your 3D coordinates. Write them on a paper. You just got your first camera position :)) now go to a position where you wish to look from this position and pick up those coords as well. Continue this til you get all the coords you wish.

You can then make your recam file using the coord. I really wouldn't like to go details, check out anthony's "example.cam" file that comes with the remaic package. He really did show all kinds of stuff that can be done with ReMaic.

Errr.... I dunno exactly if ReMaic requires perl, I'm not sure about it, if it does, then get one and install it. Then you only need to run the following command line:

remaic.bat indemo camfile outdemo

do for example

remaic.bat e1m1 e1m1c e1m1_recam

it's really that simple Smiley

good luck, and ask more if you have questions, but still you need to get yourself through to this by yourself, and be patient, you'll need it for quality work.
Hell is where the heart is.
What Joe says, basically. Patience, practise and frustration are the orders of the day.

One thing, though. While flying around looking for cool camera angles have a key bound to "impulse 99" which gives you just your coords (assuming you're using QdQstats).

And get out of the habit of having the camera track the player. IMHO it looks cheap very quickly. Use coords instead.

Visit http://www.vondur.net and have a look around. He has quite a good recam tutorial on his site. (which I disregarded most of after I got better at doing it, but it was very helpful to get things started).

Get demtool and demix and read up on the documentation. If you're lucky you'll never have to use them much but they have tons of cool stuff in them and can save a ton of wasted time if you know what they can do if you come up against a problem.

pre-process your demo with...

demtool -cgj --damage --vcshift --bf --powerups(optional)

and get used to using demtool -t and demtool -c to add/remove the timer from you demo.

I recently sent an e-mail to a couple of people with this and some more info on it. I'll see if I still have it and I'll forward it on. (How's the recamming coming along, Robert and basil?? :-P)
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks for the input Morfans.

There's one thing that i can't figure out how to do.  View a coord and have the camera move toward that coord instead of tracking the player.

I was trying to do this in e1m2.

0 view 1497.3 1498.4 261.1
0 stay 1646.7 1708.1 366.8
1 move 1572.1 1495.1 309.9
2 view 1496.0 936.5 231.7
3 move 1496.0 936.5 231.7
Hell is where the heart is.
Could you explain in a little more detail what you're trying to achieve please.

BTW. Don't bother with decimals in your coords. They're unnecessary and make it harder to read.  :-)