Sad
<- 1  -   of 273 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Would this even be possible under 10 hours?  Shocked Shocked

If you can do this, I would worship the ground that your forum feet walk on.
Under 10 hours is reasonable. TSA's run is amazing, but I doubt collecting every item would over double the time as time lost getting the unnessecary stuff is often made up partially by using it. Stuff might die faster to ice arrows(I haven't played with them much, but I bet stuff does die faster compared to regular arrows), and the biggoron sword speeds up all fighting a lot(every boss not only dies in one cycle, but they die fast in that cycle). Also, there's the fact that you pretty much can't die with as much life as they give you so you can always damage boost for any gain of time, you can give up 2 hearts to gain a fraction of a second and be well off, seriously.

Duplicating Skulltullas wouldn't help at all. Early spirit gives the early bombchus, and they're the only thing of any real use you get for Skulltullas(minimum use if you have real bombs might I note). For the record, we don't have to get the bombchus from saving the guy or the 200 rupee reward for getting them all, do we? We get bombchus in the spirit temple, and rupees are generic.

I can just imagine the ridiculous route we'd want to use. Bottom of the Well after Shadow Temple and Gerudo Fortress after Spirit Temple are both likely as BotW is best done after you have all the warp songs, and the Gerudo Fortress should only be done once you can get everything from it which requires Epona and the bow for sure, a ton of stuff to get Ice Arrows and hover boots for optimization as well.  Actually, the shadow temple is the key of the run as hover makes a ton of stuff a little faster(cutting every corner), and the Nocturne of Shadow is one incredibly useful warp. And as I type this, I already dread thinking about the optimum time to get Din's Fire.
The original leever.
Quote:

Duplicating Skulltullas wouldn't help at all.

actually its illegeal so no need to really say that.
No the Quail is not riding the Q
Quote:

actually its illegeal so no need to really say that.

Actually it isn't...
You use the trick to maybe get an upgrade earlier..but that doesn't change the fact you still need to get all the Gold Skulltulas.
The original leever.
wait are you suggest that we get like more than 100 skulltullas? because I suppose it would be legal if you got all of them legit but you got one ~50 times.
dinosaur from the past
Quote:
Actually, you could do the skulltulla duplication trick if you wanted, such as if there's benefit to getting enough skulltullas to get the giant's wallet or bombchus earlier than you would otherwise.

But you still have to get every skulltulla. It's like being able to get the missile launcher in metroid echoes twice. Just because the game says you have "100%" when you skip some other item doesn't mean you do. The same here with 100 skulltullas.
The original leever.
ok thanks for clarifying.
I just had a clever idea. Since the sale of the Bunny Hood already grants an effective 450 rupees, we can really buy whatever we want afterward(perhaps the market minigames are best saved for then if random rupees do not suffice; I doubt the target practice will be a problem, but perhaps Bombchu Bowling which would also fit better near the beginning of a segment due to being so awful and luck based would). I did notice that looking at the route that the Fire Temple can be done first(or perhaps after the Ice Cavern so we can warp to Lake Hylia afterward) without any real loss of time, and, in order to get everything, Goron City is a required stop. While we're there, why not buy the Giant's Knife? Sure, it can break, but it seeming to randomly break on a bad swing(it didn't seem to last long when I started hacking at a rock with it) won't be as bad segmented, and I think it should last long enough so the trading sequence can be optimally integrated while still getting the double damage the whole time. I imagine the only reason TSA doesn't use it is because of the price, and by the nature of the run we can afford it, so why not? I am unsure of how long it lasts though, so if anyone has that info it would be nice. I'd imaginethe trading sequence would be completed rather late as the Nocturne of Shadow does speed up a few steps in the trading sequence. I know thinking about an adult Link route is getting ahead, but not trying to rush the Biggoron sword is a big burden removed.
Personal Text!
Wouldnt the giants knife fall into the same category as the blue armor in LttP?  The blue armor there is eventually replaced by the red armor, and thus in all the 100% runs of LttP I've seen, its skipped.  Wouldnt it be legal to skip the giants knife here too, as its replaced by the biggorons sword?
Speed is the key.
Quote:
Wouldnt the giants knife fall into the same category as the blue armor in LttP?  The blue armor there is eventually replaced by the red armor, and thus in all the 100% runs of LttP I've seen, its skipped.  Wouldnt it be legal to skip the giants knife here too, as its replaced by the biggorons sword?

The giants knife isn't required at all in a 100% run. People were just speculating on if it would be faster to buy it and use it.
Zelda Scientist®
http://qntm.org.nyud.net:8090/skulltulas
all skulltulas + masks 6hrs 42 mins.
Surely a 100% is achieveable in under 7 with practice. The route is basically completed too.  8)
props to samsim.
There's a hell of a lot more to a 100% route than just Skulltulas. Heart Pieces alone will set you back at least 90 minutes, I predict. Never under 7 hours: FACT.
Under 8 hours is even extremely difficult... Shocked
Edit history:
Acryte: 2006-01-26 10:50:32 pm
Zelda Scientist®
You really think it takes an extra hour and a half onto it even when grabbing them as you are there? I mean that might take an hour extra but I think that is about it. and biggoron's sword might add to the length of the game. Zora tunic and goron tunic can be bought w/ wallet upgrade after/during skulltulas. IDK it might be very hard but not sure... 7 sounds like one of those goals you know? It's like back when "sub 5" was an "impossibility". Not saying it'll happen but w/ the right route and gameplay it could (i think).
Sleeping Terror
Quote:
Heart Pieces alone will set you back at least 90 minutes, I predict.

That would be an average of three minutes per heart piece... I'm sure it can be done much faster.
My guess is 40-50 minutes added from heart pieces if executed correctly.
Under 7 should be possible. I mean, it basically comes down to whether all that extra stuff adds 2 hours to TSA. I mean, a lot of the Gold Skulltullas are on the way to one place or another; only a few really stupid ones like the one by Hyrule Castle you need the Song of Storms for will cost a lot of time. Early sun's song can cut out night problems. Pieces of Heart shouldn't be too bad; perfect route optimization means that only a very few are in places that will lose more than a minute(those in Gerudo Valley come to mind). The other items shouldn't cost all that much really; Biggoron's Sword is the only thing that's really far out of the way, and if we do the Giant's Knife we can do the sidequest at our leisure so it won't cost as much time.

Buying the tunics seems silly. The Goron Tunic is forced to get to get into Death Mountain Crater the fast way; climbing death mountain to avoid it would be a large waste of time. The auto-Zora one is completely forced as we have to defrost King Zora eventually for the Biggoron's Sword.

Yeah, those things add up to take a lot of extra time, but you have to remember that 2 hours is a lot of time extra to have. Plus we do save time over TSA with child Spirit Temple so that's a bit of a bonus(unfortunatly in 100% it doesn't save a lot of tim as we have to do adult Gerudo Fortress and become a kid again for the lens, but it does save a little) and some combat time with double damage. We can play a much more risky style with all this extra life;  even small damage boosts for insignificant time gains can be done with all those hearts. Oh yeah, and don't forget our crazy savewarping. I wouldn't imagine it would be much below 7, but I think sub 7 should be possible. I'd be willing to bet on sub 8(there's no way it takes more than 3 hours to get all that stuff), and I think this game is interesting enough to qualify for a less than one hour extension so a run would qualify to go up in any circumstance.
PwNzRd!
Even if it is 8-9 hours long, the popularity of the game might make it worth the length.
you probably know this already, but you don't need a magic bean to get the heartpiece above dodongos cavern, you can just backflip onto it from where the bomb flower sits up top when you are a kid
Sleeping Terror
Everybody knows that. I figured that out when I first played the game, and that was back when I sucked at games, and I'd never played Zelda before. You don't even need to backflip if you jump at the right angle.

And it's been mentioned in this thread already. Probably several times. I only have to go back a few posts to find one of them. It doesn't help to restate old info; it just dilutes the thread.
the only heart piece i had a hard time finding was the one that Dampe digs up. Sometimes I got it on the first try, other times I'd have him dig up the whole cemetary and got nothing. Is it always in a certain place or actually random?
PwNzRd!
Would planting all beans be considered part of a 100% run or not?
Probably only the ones that get you to something. Like heart pieces.
The original leever.
well technically speaking couldn't we just grab the items in ganondorfs castle and then use the barrier skip or is it that we have to get all the sages to break the barrier
No the Quail is not riding the Q
Quote:
well technically speaking couldn't we just grab the items in ganondorfs castle and then use the barrier skip or is it that we have to get all the sages to break the barrier

What the heck? Huh?

Quote:
http://qntm.org.nyud.net:8090/skulltulas
all skulltulas + masks 6hrs 42 mins.
Surely a 100% is achieveable in under 7 with practice. The route is basically completed too.  8)
props to samsim.

Congrads Smiley
*Makes a Grilled Cheese Cucco Samwich*