page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 ... 12, 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Cranson: 2013-01-29 08:00:43 am
There hasn't seemed to be much interest in Link's Awakening 100% runs (especially since the ZSR page doesn't even work at this point).  Anybody know what the requirements are for that?  I would assume completed trading quest, all capacity and item upgrades, and all heart pieces (in the DX version, completing the color dungeon would probably be included, too).

Can anybody with more experience in the category confirm/deny this?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Cranson:
There hasn't seemed to be much interest in Link's Awakening 100% runs (especially since the ZSR page doesn't even work at this point).  Anybody know what the requirements are for that?  I would assume completed trading quest, all capacity and item upgrades, and all heart pieces (in the DX version, completing the color dungeon would probably be included, too).

Can anybody with more experience in the category confirm/deny this?

This thread is only for stating confirmed definitions. Please discuss what they should be in the game's thread.
Edit history:
Cranson: 2013-01-29 09:12:24 am
Ends up giuocob posted something about this on ZSR the other day, so I'm cross posting this from ZSR:

"Link's Awakening DX Requirements:
-Collect all 8 instruments and beat the game
-Have 14 hearts at the end (3 initial, 8 containers, 12 heart pieces)
-Have all 12 inventory slots filled (basically required to finish the game anyway, but whatever)
-Obtain the level 2 sword, shield, and bracelet
-Get all item capacity upgrades (powder, bombs, arrows)
-Obtain the red or blue tunic (must get it by beating the color dungeon)
-Obtain the magnifying lens and trade something for the boomerang (shovel recommended)
-Get all 12 photos
-S+Q allowed by default; up+down,doghouse,map glitches banned" 

@Sir VG: Sorry, I saw people discussing definitions on some previous pages, so I assumed it was ok to post questions.  My apologies.
MATHEMATICS
100% for Dishonored
Collect everything tracked on the end of the mission screen. That's all coins, runes, bone charms and Sokolov paintings for all of the mission areas.
Some of the games that I run have some confusion about what constitutes 100%.

Hotline Miami 100%:
All missions, all masks, all secrets ("puzzle pieces"), all endings. All weapons isn't included in category because weapons are unlocked by grinding points, and the points system in the game seems to work semi-randomly; you'd just end up playing a level like Fun & Games three or four more times at the end of your run, instead of ending it when you get the final mask and the secret ending. (There is another level in the game, but it is DLC added in a patch and doesn't contribute to game completion [no mask is given for beating it])

The Simpsons: Hit & Run 100%:
No one will ever attempt this category, because there are seven levels, with eight parameters for 100% completion each:
>Story missions
>Side mission(s)
>Race missions
>Collector Cards
>Character Clothing
>Vehicles
>Wasp Camera
>Gags
You have to complete all of these in every level to earn 100% completion.
I'm trying to figure out how 100% completion would be done on Megaman Battle Network 3: Blue. It's a unique game in how it has to be completed.

The game has a system that gives you a "Star" for each major goal completed. Once a player has 7 stars, then the game is considered completed 100%. The problem is that while Blue and White Version are nearly identical, completing either of them requires the trade of 4 version-exclusive chips  from one version of the game to the other version of the game. These chips must be obtained at a particular part of the game, and once the player completes the library of chips, the player can continue on with the remainder of the game. If the player cannot trade these, then the maximum number of stars to be obtained is only 4.

Is it possible or probable to run a game like this? I'd like to know.
Exoray
This thread is for stating a certain low% or 100% definition that the community has agreed on so that it can be listed in the first post. Please keep individual definition discussions in their respective threads (like the one you already have).
Fable: The Lost Chapters; SMW any%
Super Mario World: all exits is not 100%, right now 100% is all dragon coins and all moons.
100% for GoldenEye 007: complete all 20 levels on 00 Agent + get all cheats.
Gamer and stitcher
King's Quest 6 100% question.  Does it mean doing both paths or getting all 231 points?  In order to do both paths I'd have to save at the split and resume it after finishing one path and take the other.  I'm working on an all points run but I wonder if it should be called such or 100%?
Edit history:
Plagous: 2014-03-02 01:59:22 am
-
Worthless categories WR master
sambrea, I would say 231 points. The other way seems a bit weird honestly.

For Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, 100% would be to get the Nuke on top of beating the game. That is, complete the Oblivion portals and get all the parts. All mission objectives and keys are already needed so that's all there is to it. I wonder what it would look like to add every weapon pickup since they are permanent.
I don't where to post this thread except here so apologies if its not supposed to be here. I'm looking for low%/100% definitions for The Godfather game including the Blackhand for Wii and Don's edition for PS3. I'm sure there isn't definition for these games since there hasn't been a speed run of it except mine could be if it gets approval from versifiers. is it ok if I suggest some definitions for it here?
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from the thread's first post:
Note if you want to contribute to this thread: It's not meant to be used as a place to discuss what you want a 100% definition to be. That can go in game-specific threads.

So no, it's technically not okay to post suggestions here. Ideally that would go in the game-threads somewhere in the newer consoles subforum. If there is no game thread, feel free to make one. Discuss there if there are objections to your definition, and come back in here when an agreement has been reached ^^
okay thanks clearing things Alko
Edit history:
Dragondarch: 2014-03-19 01:55:37 pm
Pudding%
Oh hey, forgot this thread existed Tongue

Slight update to the Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 100% definition: 100% Map Completion and completing both the Tower of Eternity and Tower of Evermore. The towers don't count for map% but are the only real optional area in the game besides Legion's area.
Note that definition works perfectly for both characters.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Wondering how new wrong warps like the one in SMB3 are gonna work? Is it considered "major skips" or is it not really admissible. For those that do not know it is a memory manipulation/pipe glitch that triggers the ending sequence, you do not actually beat bowser.

I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg, other wrong warps will be found for NES games. I am almost certain one exists for Double Dragon II. Also someone has reported wrong warping in Ninja Gaiden (NES).
Is PJ
Quote from sinister1:
Wondering how new wrong warps like the one in SMB3 are gonna work? Is it considered "major skips" or is it not really admissible. For those that do not know it is a memory manipulation/pipe glitch that triggers the ending sequence, you do not actually beat bowser.

I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg, other wrong warps will be found for NES games. I am almost certain one exists for Double Dragon II. Also someone has reported wrong warping in Ninja Gaiden (NES).

It depends on how significant the wrong warp is.  Obviously skipping right to the credits would be a different category (probably "any% with major skips"), but for other minor wrong warps I would think it'd be the same category.  There's a wrong warp in Area 8 of Bionic Commando 100% that saves close to a minute, but we've decided that shouldn't split categories since it is in only possible in one stage out of 11.  If there's one in NG2 that skips one screen and saves just a few seconds, I imagine it'd be the same thing.

Definitely open for debate though.
Pudding%
I guess I should mention this as well:
UA and I both agreed that Crystalis 100% should be all permanent items and all bosses killed. This applies to both NES and GBC versions.
Edit history:
Slyse: 2014-03-28 04:46:14 am
Now with 23% more reset!
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

There are 2 Endings, Bad ending is when you decide to leave your team mates to die in the end, Good Ending is when you decide to rescue them. Good ending requires you to play through the last level, Bad ending doesn't, so choosing to go to the church and saving your teammates would be the 100% in this game. There are no collectibles etc.

Flintstones: Rescue of Dino & Hoppy

100%: Win all basketball games, complete all levels.
Question: Is it okay to have a low%/100% definition up for a game when it's not quite sure what the true lowest % is for each specific mission? Talking about Thief 2 here. The game does keep track of various statistics at the end of the mission and idea is to get all of them to the lowest possible % collectively. If your run has a lower %, even if it's slower [though not sloppier] than the previous submission, that one gets replaced. Most of the time it's fairly clear what the lowest you could get is.
Just Luck
Kind of throwing this out because I can't find anything official on a 100% Cave Story run.

Cave Story

Best ending, all Rocket upgrades, all health upgrades, Arms Bond, Lipstick, underwear, Alien Badge, Polar Star, Bubbler/Bubbline, Fireball, Sword, 290 counter/Nikumaru Clock, Turbo Charge, Whimsical Star.

When it comes to the other guns (i.e. the Spur, the Snake, the Machine Gun, and the Nemesis), I'm not sure what the ruling should be, as you can only obtain these by trading other weapons. Polar Star for Spur and Machine Gun, Polar Star and Fire Ball for Snake, and Sword for Nemesis. Which means you could only get two of these in a single run. Some help with that would be great.
Edit history:
DK28: 2014-08-20 01:17:54 pm
DK28: 2014-08-13 10:14:22 am
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Starting with Joe's post on this page about 2/3 of the way down.  Defining Castlevania IV Low% as the Leather Whip and no Sub Weapons.  Rosaries, Invincibility Jars and Meat allowed.  As conferred by Joe Damillio, Furious Paul, Dbx, just_defend and myself.

Edit:  +PJ and Omnigamer
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Can someone clarify the definition of Ninja Gaiden low%? It says "sword only", but according to the run comments of the current low% run, you are also allowed to collect points and ammo. IIRC, the current run does in fact collect points.

Also, I'm going to repeat my request for clarification on Metroid Prime 2 100%. According to the definition in this thread, you just need the in-game counter to say 100%. So if you use glitches to collect the same item twice, you can skip some items and it would still be considered 100%. But the run comments and plenty of forum posts contradict this definition and say that you must collect all the items. So which definition is actually used?
Edit history:
cooopercrisp: 2014-08-29 05:56:47 am
cooopercrisp: 2014-08-29 05:56:44 am
cooopercrisp: 2014-08-29 05:56:43 am
cooopercrisp: 2014-08-29 05:43:09 am
Part of a balanced breakfast.
The Sly Cooper 100% definitions are technically correct, but don't really explain how to reach 100% file completion, so I wanted to clarify.

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus -- To get 100%, you have to collect all treasure keys, open all vaults by finding the clue bottles in each level, and complete all Master Thief Sprints. (EDIT: To clarify, Sly 1 100% also includes entering each level in the final episode. There's a level you can skip, but for 100% save file completion, you have to at least enter it before exiting out and skipping it.)

Sly 2: Band of Thieves -- The only extra thing required is that you collect all clue bottles and open all the vaults. Purchasing all the gadgets is NOT required.

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves -- The only extra thing required is that you complete all the Master Thief Challenges. Again, purchasing all the gadgets is NOT required.

And I might as well define the requirements for the most recent Sly game.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time -- There are five counters on every loading screen that track percentages of game completion. They are Bottles, Treasures, Safes, Masks, and Trophies. 100% is defined as filling up the first four counters to 100% before finishing the game, so trophies are NOT required. This cuts out a lot of boring filler like the ping pong matches and completing the arcade machines in the safe house.