Goobi: 2013-08-09 12:56:40 am
Goobi: 2013-08-03 02:51:26 am
Goobi: 2013-07-29 03:40:17 pm
Goobi: 2013-07-21 10:25:24 pm
Goobi: 2013-07-12 02:00:37 am
welcome to the goob show
http://www.happytailsmarathon.com

Website contains a timezone-adjusted schedule

Update: A link to our schedule - thanks everyone for signing up!

http://bombch.us/Hqg

Here are some banners that anyone can use if you'd like to advertise Happy Tails on your stream or Twitch profile!

http://imgur.com/a/GX4fk#0

Hi again everyone!

Well, I've decided to organize another marathon Smiley I chose the ASPCA (http://www.aspca.org) as the charity for this marathon because it's a cause that's special to me and probably one that a lot of people can relate to. 

For this marathon I'm looking to have all different types of games, but I'd love to have a lot of "animal themed" runs with characters like Sonic, Banjo, Monkey Ball, Spyro, Yoshi, etc.  I'll be scheduling blocks of games that are strictly animal-themed (e.g. 8 hours of animal-themed speedruns, followed by any other kinds, followed by another block of animal-themed runs, and so on).

Here's our poster that I'll be trying to spread around to as many people as possible, and I'd appreciate it if you guys could help out in doing the same if you'd like to support this marathon.

(Thanks to Melangetic for the design/artwork)

Here's the direct link to the image: http://i.imgur.com/lWIpnFP.png

And feel free to come hang out in our IRC marathon channel, #happytails, on irc.speedrunslive.com
Thread title:  
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
thats a good cause i really would to join this and the date is really good for me

i could run Donkey Kong Country Returns (Monkeys Smiley ) 100% Estimate 3:00:00

but i can´t stream audio sound if its not okay i have try to fix it
Precursor
...this feels like the marathon I really should be doing Adventure Ponies for, but it's kind of far too short for there to be much of a point in me doing it if I don't have another game of reasonable length attached to it. Unless I run it through with all characters. But I don't run any other animal-themed games. I'm considering learning to run Seeds of Ralark (pretty cool lizard grappling game on XBLIG), but I really doubt I'd have that ready in two month's time as I haven't even beaten it yet. Ah well.
I love the ASPCA.  I also love Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Tails.

Math.  Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
My only real animal themed game would be Donkey Kong Country Returns. Since Ecko65 already offered to do 100%, you can just have him do that, or we can have an any% race. Up to you guys though.
Just signed up...nothing animal themed I'm afraid.

Already getting hyped for this. thumbsup
Just signed up Smiley
Edit history:
exe: 2013-06-18 01:54:43 am
exe: 2013-06-18 01:53:23 am
from PAListan
I like to sign up too (with Gex64 Enter the Gecko), but i'm so worried because my english is not very good Sad in the last months, i tried to improve it and speak english very often in my streams, but maybe it's still awful.

My only problem (besides the language) is the sound problem with xsplit (can't mute the local audio), so i hear everything twice, if i'm in a mumble conference. But i'll try to fix it with OBS.
I would gladly do this marathon, but the date is really atrocious for me; I'm moving in to college on that date. I feel like there are probably a lot more people moving into college that date, too. If it was a week earlier, or later, it would be gold.
Sounds like a great idea! Do you have a link to the schedule yet?
Edit history:
Ecko65: 2013-06-18 10:26:45 am
Ecko65: 2013-06-18 09:33:03 am
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
Quote from spikevegeta:
My only real animal themed game would be Donkey Kong Country Returns. Since Ecko65 already offered to do 100%, you can just have him do that, or we can have an any% race. Up to you guys though.

thats a good idea but we are not at the same level anymore

i have to practice new strats but lets do it any% race
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2013-06-18 10:39:38 am
kirbymastah: 2013-06-18 10:38:01 am
kirbymastah: 2013-06-18 10:37:44 am
kirbymastah: 2013-06-18 10:36:20 am
kirbymastah: 2013-06-18 10:35:49 am
<(^_^)>
Someone needs to speedrun super metroid and save the animals.

I can offer Metroid Fusion, since we save the animals in that game, and then at the end, Samus is saved BY the animals! HYPE! Oh wait, I still don't have my streaming equipment at those dates... Never mind. JaggerG, I summon thee!

Also I'm assuming we're not allowed to offer mega man x games? Since all the mavericks we're killing are based off of animals

http://tehurn.com/goobi/

EDIT: On a more serious note, I can't stream console until the week after, but I'll be fine with sitting out and helping with comments and what not, depending on how my schedule works out.
welcome to the goob show
Quote from Ecko65:
thats a good cause i really would to join this and the date is really good for me

i could run Donkey Kong Country Returns (Monkeys Smiley ) 100% Estimate 3:00:00

but i can´t stream audio sound if its not okay i have try to fix it

Do you mean the game audio or just the mumble audio?  If you can only stream game sound, that's totally fine.  If you can't stream any game audio at all, we might run in to a little bit of an issue with that Sad

Quote from spikevegeta:

Running animal themed games aren't required Smiley You're more than welcome to volunteer with any game you'd like (besides, Kingdom Hearts has a lot of little critters in it, right?) Tongue

Quote from exe:
I like to sign up too (with Gex64 Enter the Gecko), but i'm so worried because my english is not very good Sad in the last months, i tried to improve it and speak english very often in my streams, but maybe it's still awful.

My only problem (besides the language) is the sound problem with xsplit (can't mute the local audio), so i hear everything twice, if i'm in a mumble conference. But i'll try to fix it with OBS.

Not a problem.  If you run in to more issues, I know a couple of guys who are pretty good with that stuff and can try to help you with it.  Also, if you are uncomfortable with providing commentary, feel free to suggest someone to us who can provide commentary for your game.  We can try to get them to come on to the Mumble during your run, but that's up to you! Smiley

Quote from Egg McMuffin:
Sounds like a great idea! Do you have a link to the schedule yet?

No schedule yet.  I won't have one released until after I close sign-ups, which will be mid-July (most likely the 21st).  Expect the official schedule to be out about a week after sign-ups close (which would be around July 28th).  I will post in this thread reminding people when sign-ups are about to close.  I will have a dedicated website set up for this marathon that will go live in July.  The twitch stream, schedule, marathon information, and (most likely) the donation tracker will all be provided on this website.

Quote from kirbymastah:
Someone needs to speedrun super metroid and save the animals.

I can offer Metroid Fusion, since we save the animals in that game, and then at the end, Samus is saved BY the animals! HYPE! Oh wait, I still don't have my streaming equipment at those dates... Never mind. JaggerG, I summon thee!

Also I'm assuming we're not allowed to offer mega man x games? Since all the mavericks we're killing are based off of animals

http://tehurn.com/goobi/

EDIT: On a more serious note, I can't stream console until the week after, but I'll be fine with sitting out and helping with comments and what not, depending on how my schedule works out.

Sad No Tony?! I'm sad... But yeah I'm sure we'll get a SM runner.  Also, I'm not really going to be banning games from the marathon unless the central plot point of the game is about killing animals.  This is basically just a normal marathon with "animal themed blocks" of games in it.

Don't think I didn't see that link...

------------

But yeah, thanks for the interest everyone!  I really appreciate the questions and everyone who wants to help out Smiley I'm excited for this marathon and hope everyone will enjoy it!
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
Quote:
Do you mean the game audio or just the mumble audio?  If you can only stream game sound, that's totally fine.  If you can't stream any game audio at all, we might run in to a little bit of an issue with that Sad

yeah i can´t stream game audio but if i race spikevegeta we only need one runner with game audio am i correct?
I have offered a game for furries and a Pokemon game. If cruelty to animals is a problem, then I guess the Pokemon game might cause some issues. Wink

(Bonus points: the central theme of the one I'm offering is that the "evil team" thinks maybe we shouldn't force Pokemon into dogfights - and you, as the "good guy," get to defeat them and support the dogfighting status quo.)
Hmmmm I don't currently have an animal themed game (Zool as a gremlin doesn't really count), but either way, I am down for donation reading.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
I signed up with my animal as Turtle, but not KevinTurtle. Like teenage mutant ninja turtle and shit. FrankerZ is a dog.
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
i'll help in any way i can.
ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
question would super metroid be a game for this (it has the bid war save the animals)
welcome to the goob show
Yep, definitely plan to have Super Metroid in the marathon.  I think it would be awesome to have a donation war for saving the animals Cheesy
ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
I feel my run of super metroid doesn't have the same quality in terms of speed (also I have to use an emultor seeing as my snes has died I have a cart duh) as... umm was it desseryct?(im bad with names)
I signed up for Dark Souls any% for now. But since it is still a ways away I may have some spice involving animals coming before the marathon. (Tak 2 anyone?)
aka FFAtv on twitch
Signed up for Bioshock Infinite any%. Should be fun!
I ould love to Run Star Fox SNES Estimate 30:00. Streaming from a console...It would be an honour
welcome to the goob show
Thanks everyone who's signed up so far Cheesy I've made up a list of all the games people have suggested so far!

http://bombch.us/Fow