Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 51 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
In case you somehow fail to find a freeway or sanchez on the way back after Lure / Photo Opportunity / whatever mission, there's a fixed bullet spawn not too far off the route. Driving it from the garage to Toreno's place is about 6 seconds faster than using a sanchez and freeway if you take Gant Bridge, about 3 seconds faster than taking a cop bike and about equal to taking a PCJ/FCR/Cheetah. Its also about 2 seconds slower than the NRG and 5 seconds slower than the Infernus, but the likelyhood of possessing one of these is none and very low, respectively. I forgot to time the shitty BF bike though.

It could also be used for other missions. Switching into it during Ran Fa Li on the way to the airport might be worth it but I havent timed that.

I've made flight routes for most of the aerial missions. Some of them may have already been posted here, but it's better to have them all in one place, so here they are.

Vertical Aerobatics

Horizontal Aerobatics

N.O.E. Mission

Freefall Mission

Vertical Bird Mission

Misappropriation Mission

From Vertical Bird to Riot

I'm also responsible for the following "flight route".

Wrong Side of the Tracks Mission
Los Desperados (Different way of activating the first marker)
Not sure if I mentioned this here before. If you take the territory closest to the train station during Grove 4 Life, then Grove Street gangmembers can spawn at the train station (where the lowrider dance takes place earlier in the game) and you can just recruit them there and sprint to the marker. They seem to spawn pretty well if you drive through Grove territory before, but of course with relying on spawns there's always the chance of bad RNG.

That territory is a bit further away than the others you can also take, so Grove 4 Life might be a bit slower. But during Los Desperados you never have to get the gangmembers into your car, so they can't jump out and won't take their time entering the car, so I think it is more consistent.

Vertical Bird (Tip for the end of the mission)
I think I may have seen that before, but I'm pretty sure not everybody knows this. You can trigger the end of the mission if you position the Hydra correctly beside the hangar (put the left wheel just before the concrete area). You don't have to angle it towards the hangar, so you can immediately take off again.

I also put the flight back to Los Santos at the end. Not necessarily better or anything, just for your information. Ignore it if you want.

yes, yes, it's me again
faster bribe star in 555

in photo opportunity bike is faster on train tracks, and car is faster "top" route, also going full speed on a bike release all buttons 3/4 way from column to lamp post(closer to it) u'll land on a boat

lure reworked

catalyst, nothing new just 4-way split

the NOT worth it life is a beach route (it is fast, but random)

nrg snail trail routes

running dog. much slower if u kill the guy befor he reaches corner and u dont get runover by a car, otherwise tie or faster,plus preserve hp

mothership/photo opp/lure "return" route
  (mothership, likely to be more consistent and maybe faster then "flying")
    rainy sanchez beats foggy sanchez (note: bike gets to intersection at 0;32 ignore everything past it =) )
  FWIW random car, reaches intersection at 0;35

100%
76 bmx tag

nrg->shamal->trucking 7          10+ sec faster then nrg-> trucking

there is train stations near cheetah, slamvan and remington        do they work as a backup strat?
Any reason you deleted all the videos of your run sett?  I thought it was going great, was hoping to see more.  Life just got in the way?
Edit history:
S.: 2014-04-05 06:59:35 am
Taking the train to those cars makes sense. Would need a reliable way to spawn a train though.

Edit: So if you're gonna look for that, look for a reliable way to spawn the cars instead :p
Quote from sentientcarbon:
Any reason you deleted all the videos of your run sett?  I thought it was going great, was hoping to see more.  Life just got in the way?

Yep, something gone wrong and i just deleted all segments. Now i managed to recover first one and done the second one, now i'm slowly going to work on the rest. As for me, previous attempt was pretty bad
to late already got the train
there is no problem spawning train, there is huge area around cranberry station, entering it will spawn a train, the problem is it will likely spawn shitty "red" decorative train that goes only around sanfiero

this route apperently alows u despawn them and roll the dice again, in the video 11 consecutive attempts

passenger train 7-4 cargo train
0;50-1;15 didnt render for whatever reason, but passenger train spawned
notable attempt start at 3;01, u can see decor train behind a tree at 3;28, i did something wrong and it didnt despawn

when there is 2-3 cars left on the list, u do this strat, if cargo spawns go for taxi fares, import another car, comeback chances are there will be a proper one

as for the cars, well during one of 555 tests, on the drive from start to first marker i encountered 6 cheetahs,
i really want to try and test doing 5-10 taxi fares upon arrival at sanfiero, and squeeze some on a long drives from  mission end to the next one, but amount of time it would take scares me
Usually when one Cheetah spawns it spawns 10 of m. Then the next day it will spawn none of m. It's really weird.
san fiero airport runway
keybord means mashing up arrow on blackwidow
mouse means mashing mouse2 on g5

for every time 2 runs were made, fastest time is posted and difference in frames,(1 frame 0.033 second)
for 30 fps bullet, 2 rainy runs were also made

4 bullet drives (2 rainy +2 sunny) all +-2 frames
18.43 second  rainy bullet, 30 fps DEAD even (1 frame difference)  with sunny one

18.05  fcr 30 fps, keybord, difference is 10 frames (10 frames=0.33 second)
18.26  fcr 30 fps, mouse, same shit as above happend
21.78  fcr 30 fps, no lean, 2 frames diff

17.033 nrg 30 fps, keybord, BOTH RUNS DEAD EQUAL TIME
17.264 nrg 30 fps, mouse, 10 frames difference
19.72  nrg 30 fps, no lean, 2 frames diff

20.033  sanchez 30 fps, keybord, 2 frames difference
20.099  sanchez 30 fps, mouse, 5 frames difference
23.66  sanchez 30 fps, no lean, dead even

18.33  bullet 25 fps, 5 frames difference cuz i waved a lil in one of em

18.23  (perfect lean, perfect line) fcr 25 fps keybord, difference is 20 frames (bad lean, bad line)
18.15  fcr 25 fps, mouse , dead even
21.81  fcr 25 fps, no lean, 3 frames diff

17.27  nrg 25 fps, keybord, 2 frames difference
16.75  nrg 25 fps, mouse, 7 frames difference
19.66  nrg 25 fps, no lean, 2 frames difference

20.72 sanchez 25 fps, keybord, 4 frames difference.
20.03 sanchez 25 fps, mouse, 6 frames difference
23.78 sanchez 25 fps, no lean, dead even

Edit history:
Patrick: 2014-04-06 04:04:36 pm
Patrick: 2014-04-06 01:10:30 pm
Patrick: 2014-04-06 01:09:26 pm
I felt free to summarize:
25/30fps without leaning: both frame rates were equally fast (0.01s difference in total).

With woox's button mashing technique
at 30fps, keyboard mashing was (1) ~0.75% faster when all times are combined and (2) faster in every test,

at 25fps, it is the reverse, mouse was faster, with ~1% time difference.

I feel that one should not draw the conclusion that one is better than the other based on this alone. Everyone has his own micro-variation of button mashing in his muscle memory and the results might differ from runner to runner.
circle is done by holding w+a, tried like 5 different cars, and circles were to wide to fit
fcr cirle 30 is faster then 25 by 6 frames=0.18s on 12 sec circle
perennial 30 is slower then 25 by 8 frames=0.24s on 7 sec circle

testing example (acutally 1 cricle looped twice, difference between fade to black and end of the video, is time gained on 2 circles)

slides
25 fps shotgun 26s24f
25 fps silenced pistol 27s05f
25 fps spraycan 27s09f

30 fps shotgun 26s24f
30 fps silenced pistol 27s09f
30 fps spraycan 27s09f

fwiw 25 fps 60%run (holding sprint) 40% jump 24s28f

mike toreno
was intended for "right" spawn, u can drive straight to heli, it will trigger them, and u can get just in time to where they stop
its likely to save some time by the start of the lure, but im not sure
MUST WATCH cuz of the  cutscene
Edit history:
bubbleb0bbler: 2014-04-08 06:57:37 pm
with the 'new' LS route, you have grenades for gray imports, meaning the strategy I suggested in the past could be viable again - will look into it later unless someone else wants to
What new LS route?
Doing Just Business as early as possible, I assume
You can also get grenades on the way to wrong side of the tracks, right after you drop denise off (building behind pizza stack). Time investment is about the same as getting them through the floor after just business, but without the possible fail%. So you could use grenades during just business as well.
I also mentioned this a few pages back. Or are there other missions than burning desire that despawns your thrown items?
shamal      10.75
infernus    17.63
pcj        18.27 mouse 25 fps
banshee    18.42
police bike 19.09 25fps mouse
bf400      19.09  mouse 25fps
cheetah    19.15
freeway    19.21 mouse 25fps
maverik    19.57
wayfarer    19.57 mouse 25fps
zr350      19.81
sultan      20.33
blade      20.69
sabre      20.75
police car  20.87
stallion    21.27
remington  21.27
blista      21.69
clover      21.84
sentinel    22.39 rain
sentinel    22.09 no rain
sunrise    24.62

infernus 25 fps donut 7s15f
infernus 30 fps donut 6s06f

fcr 25 fps donut 5s29f
fcr 30 fps donut 6s07f

25fps
swim                15s15f
swim(mash sprint)  10s19f
30fps
swim                17s13f
swim (m s)          11s29f

25 fps squallo won by 10 frames vs 30 fps on 18s distance(to random to call on such small difference)

Amphibious Assault (boat vs swim) @ 25fps
this is heavly video edited in favour of boat strat to compensate for my poor skills, and it still lost XD
done 5 swim-runs and maximum ammount of hp i lost was 1/3 hp bar

another draft for "mike toreno", im done with this mission for now

shamal      10.75
infernus    17.63
pcj        18.27 mouse 25 fps
banshee    18.42
police bike 19.09 25fps mouse
bf400      19.09  mouse 25fps
cheetah    19.15
freeway    19.21 mouse 25fps
maverik    19.57
wayfarer    19.57 mouse 25fps
zr350      19.81
sultan      20.33
blade      20.69
sabre      20.75
police car  20.87
stallion    21.27
remington  21.27
blista      21.69
clover      21.84
sentinel    22.39 rain
sentinel    22.09 no rain
sunrise    24.62

What are these numbers exactly?
Welcome back sett3
san fiero airport runway
for cars and bikes: from the end of a runway(black terrain connects to green, back of vehicle is lined to the connection), from dead stop until vehicle goes off the runway(frame at which i can see grey terrain
bellow vehicle), time is in seconds

for shamal/maverik: i fly full speed same direction, time starts when green terrain dissapears of the screen, and ends when black terrain dissapears, so theoretically i coverd 1 runway in distance, well height
is a factor, but its neglected, since comparing this vehicles to cars and bikes doesnt make sense in a first place.

and now that i think about it, squallo covered 10-20% more distance so it maybe fastest non-flying vehicle
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk0lytofOjTC3cSmckUt7A6yx-X6n_se1
First 4 100% segments.
And yes, this time i'm going to finish it
someone in josh's chat suggested a VERY small timesave - if you manage to kill one of the ballas on 'taggin up turf', then you can save a very minimal amount of time by dodging the 1s long cutscene you usually jump through - if you spend any time lining up the shot then the timesave you'd get is negated by spending the time jogging vs sprinting so, yeah, very minimal
Why do you kill Ryder in his first mission by shooting his trunk? I saw this multiple times now in this thread.
Edit history:
bubbleb0bbler: 2014-04-13 04:58:11 pm
Christian, by failing the mission (this being the fastest way possible as you can't headshot ryder), an opcode is ran that makes the cutscene where Ryder talks to you about your haircut, and says that you're looking too skinny, which is usually unskippable, skippable, which saves upwards of 30 seconds

the opcode explanation may be a little wrong as I don't understand how all of that works exactly, but the overall gist should be right
Smiley