Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Yesterday I got my total time for Smash 64 break the targets down below 2 minutes 25 seconds, something I had been working on for a couple weeks. I' ll be continuing my work on time trials when I get home from work today. Bunker and archives are next on my list. I haven't found much on the net as far as info or speedruns for these 2 levels, so I will be posting my progress in the followfollowing days. Grats again to superjer for the carrier improvement, have you worked on anything else since your return?
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
Just a quick question - Does the controller matter? Because I'm considering running with a GCN controller

Edit: ***ing hell no, that's even worse than using a Wiimote :O
Metal + Speed = Life
I play with the classic controller for the Wii. I believe Wiimote has its advantages but classic controller allows me to be much more precise. But I'm sure most use the Wiimote, you can tell when you watch a video which a person uses most of the time. There's a 10:33 bunker time trial video up on youtube, it's the best one I can find, worked on some strats today, hard to tell so far but cutting a minute off of that would be nice .
I used a Wiimote when I first got the game, back in 2011 I think. I used it up until last year, when I did some routing for goldeneye.wikia.com and instead I used Classic Controller. I attempted playing with the GCN controller last night, and I couldn't get used to it. I'll give it another go soon, but I might just go with the Classic Controller instead, since it feels more like playing Reloaded with a PS3 controller.
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-03-19 04:25:17 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-03-19 03:58:05 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-03-19 02:59:15 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-03-18 12:32:07 pm
Okay, I've been doing some testing Archives, and I thought about how suicidal it is to run past the server and library rooms. I'm going to do some attempts at it now on Reloaded (which will be slightly slower because of a breach that isn't in the Wii version) and I'd like to see what you could get on Archives Operative Wink

Edit: My best is 9:09, with a sloppy final room and opening to the level. I'm aiming for sub 9 but it's gonna be difficult with the breach (the timer counts breaches in REAL TIME, so for this breach Reloaded loses 7 seconds). I lose a few seconds to killing guards in the library but I make up for it by having less health to heal, so I'll have to look into that a bit more.

Edit 2: I'm not too sure, but I think they made the game easier for Reloaded - I can run past the guys in the lower library section without dying, but taking heavy damage, whereas on the Wii I have to stop and kill everyone or I die pretty quickly :/

Edit 3: Instead of running past them, I found it's considerably quicker to shotgun them while walking past. Just got an 8:56 doing it Smiley
Metal + Speed = Life
Thats awesome man, sounds like a real solid time. I'm disappointed in myself lately with Goldeneye... been spending all my free time playing N64.... Nostalgia for the win huh? I worked on bunker for a few days and I wasn't enjoying it, such a fun level casually but its a nightmare running it, well for me anyway.. Watching you on Twitch that other time and seeing that your working IL times motivates me to play again!
Thanks, even though you must think you've done nothing lol..

The archives 8:56 is on the time trial mode right? On agent difficulty?
Oh wow, I had no idea! And you don't need an excuse to play the N64 and it's horribly designed controller EleGiggle

8:56 Archives was on Operative in Reloaded. I attempted it on Wii and that's when I realised you die MUCH easier on the Wii (at least in the library section) than in Reloaded. I'd be interested in an Agent time trial, see what I could get on Agent on Wii and Reloaded.

tbh I haven't been playing as much as I'd hoped either. I've been off learning and running other stuff since I got a 1:56:41 RTA Reloaded. The full-game WR on Wii is 1:59:45 according to speedrun.com, with 2 or 4 deaths (I don't understand the wording of the comment lol) and my 1:56:41 on Reloaded was a deathless run on PS3. Since PS3 has slower loading than the X360 and the Wii, and since that run was SigNa's second run, I could probably beat it quite easily. I'm proud of my 2:24:12 because I only realised I hadn't beaten the Wii version yet once I reached the end of Solar LOL so I had a slow Alec boss while I realised it worked slightly differently to Reloaded

I'm glad I could motivate you to do more ILs. I need more competition Tongue
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-02 06:26:23 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-02 05:46:09 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-02 05:27:28 am
So last night I decided to start a Reloaded Segmented IL run, once I'm done, I might do a Wii version too, since I'd like to challenge myself to beat PhazonElite's ILs for his abandoned run. I'm going to finish Reloaded first though. The ILs are on Operative, and so far I only have the near-perfect Training up, as I am trying to beat my solid 8:44 Dam. I can probably save enough to get sub 8:40 so that's my goal.

Edit: Staying with 8:42. rip ladder skip on Reloaded
Edit 2: 7:51 Facility PogChamp

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbtllINUhB01ozwNHYxB1_kcpDZLDoItO
Metal + Speed = Life
Nice runs!! I guess after time trials I would eventually try Operative ILs. Update on Bunker time trial: I've got everything up to and including the 4 first photographs pretty consistent so far.. problem is I'm moving too quickly once I take the 4th shot... When I get into the big room with the 5th photo upstairs, everything is despawned from here to the end of the level. Guards, checkpoints, and objectives... such as the photograph I need to take. I'm stuck on this for now, I'm messing with the load zones and the triggers to makes sure I spawn the guards while slowing down the least possible.
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-04 11:38:57 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-04 02:55:16 am
Abusing load triggers... Nice. Also, if you're on Bunker could you use this as an exploit perhaps? idk what actually happened but during my Wii Any% run I managed to skip hitting an objective marker when you're about to start climbing up the bunker again. No guards spawned on the way, and the door up the stairwell that you open (where you're supposed to take out all the snipers) didn't load lol. I was mid-run so I left it, and haven't tried it again. I think I deleted the run thinking I'd beat it easily, but I hope I find it now :/

Thanks, I'm leaving Airfield and Nightclub because of consistently bad RNG, but I did not at all think I could get Facility down that low Tongue It'd be great to see your Operative ILs so I can at least come close to your times Wink

Could you perhaps describe how you get the load triggers to mess up like that?

Edit: Nope, deleted it. Stupid me.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-04-05 04:55:27 am
Metal + Speed = Life
What you described is exactly what happens to me, I dont understand it yet though, not sure why it happens, there is something similar in the outpost level... if you move too quickly throught the underground section, the guards you need to take out with the sniper wont load and the door doesnt get breached by the flashbang guard. 1 theory I have is the developpers might have put a sort of limit to how many loading zones or checkpoints you can trigger at a time. Some rooms only properly load once you pass over a specific area, while others load instantly when you begin a level. Wheni worked on Memorial ( not sure why this works but it does ), I discovered that you can get discovered bythe first group of guards as you exit the first area, the music will change butifyou move quick enough, the 3 guards that should spawn you are discovered dont actually spawn, and the 2nd area of guards dont react to it either, even thoughthey are supposed to be aware of your presence if the first area guards are alerted. The memorial trick saved only 3-4 seconds, but this bunker thing could save so much more if I can find a way to bypass that door but load the room, I figure 10+ seconds easy. I calculated that im about 35 seconds ahead at that door if icompare my time to this run, which is the fastest bunker TT I can find.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rpYPIjyFYk

Edit: I cant wait until you work on either jungle or memorial, since both of these levels TTs are on Operative, you can compare your times to mine, I got 7:10 on Memorial and 7:19 on jungle
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 08:07:52 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 07:04:06 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 05:39:44 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 05:38:44 am
Hmm... I'll try and work on that then too. Yeah, I'll see if my times compare Wink It'd be awesome when you work entirely on Operative too, since you can run past lots of enemies and I'm more likely to run on Operative Tongue

I got a 7:26 Memorial and 8:44 Jungle in my Reloaded WR run, so I'll probably work towards 7:10 during my Segmented run and when I next play the Wii version. As for Jungle... I'll try Smiley

Edit: I've been thinking about checkpoint abuses and how you can restart from last checkpoint to despawn guards who are going to kill you/gain full sprint power. Would that be allowed?
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 08:07:53 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 07:56:56 am
Okay, so I've been working on Memorial

1. The 'Last Checkpoint' thing saves probably about a second in Memorial if done correctly, plus despawns reinforcements and restores sprint and health.

2. Your 7:10 was fucking godlike. You need about 5:08 left on the timer when you trigger the Alec cutscene at the end. My best time is 5:23 when sliding into the underground section (and then my game crashed lol)

Did you literally run past EVERYTHING?
Metal + Speed = Life
Dont know if allowed but there is a place Superjerdotcom does it in his Dam run on youtube, I tested it and I dont think it actually saves time compared to doing the same movements without checkpoint loading..It definately ups the rate of success of running through the room though I dont use that trick in my run for dam on 007, but I admit it would have made my life easier.
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 09:28:19 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 08:43:48 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 08:07:41 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 07:58:41 am
Do you think it would be allowed then? Using it, my my best time on Memorial is still 7:48

Also I know it's my opinion but I think it should be allowed, since the timer still continues from where it was when the checkpoint was restarted.

Edit: Best time: 7:17
Metal + Speed = Life
I dont see a problem with it, I feel I lose focus when I pause runs, dont think I would use aside from the 007 classic TT... Wow 7:17 is an awesome time, I'm watching your stream but I cant connect to chat for some reason... still watching your progress though, keep it up
Oh that's you. Yeah my game crashed again so I'm going to play something else for now.

I can save maybe a second but guard RNG (when you close the doors before the flashbang sometimes guards can get in) made me give up for now.

Okay I'll be back on in a minute with Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom. I can't not play that game Tongue
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-06 01:50:32 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-05 10:47:47 am
7:17 Memorial (complete run with 1 second time saver coming soon):

If you happen to remember what you did differently on your 7:10 that would be appreciated.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-04-06 08:04:30 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Finally got a decent TT run for Bunker completed, far from finished though, about 10 seconds can be cut without looking to far, maybe another 5 with some luck...

Metal + Speed = Life
Im watching the memorial run, I dont know how it affects the time but I didnt checkpoint load anywhere in this level. Im usually 2 seconds faster when I hit the ladder, and I dont kill any of the guards at the gate near 2:25 of the video, I just run to open the gate.

I pick up a gun other then pistol for the first time in the level from the 2 guards at 2:36.. I dont shoot anyone else up to this point, I only melee the very first guard in level.

When I get the phone call I think I had 5-6 seconds ahead of you, but your strat for the next section gets ahead of me for the photo evidence objective. I might have to rework this level after all haha.

Yeah the major difference is the tunnels\sewers that lead up to the end of the level... I really do just run through it, pretty sure I take cover to reload 2 times in the final long section.. Other than that, always sprinting and I only hip-fire on the run so I probably gain 13-15 on you here.

Both strats combined... sub 7 possible for sure.. Checkpoint loading sure makes it a different run though, how could we know if it allowed? Who would know lol

But very nice work on memorial, I learned a couple things watching it, keep at it and practice a suicide route in the ending.. success rate isnt high but you can beat my time Im pretty sure.
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 03:36:21 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 03:36:01 am
Congrats on sub 10 Bunker! Memorial sounds pretty crazy. I don't kill anyone next to the gates either. I've done it for a while in Reloaded because I found out while you're in that animation you don't take damage. Unfortunately I hadn't tested that on Wii before I did this run.

The suicide route at the end is crazy, I usually end up having to kill a few people. I might try and get a Masterton from the guy in the second area, since it's pretty OP.

Checkpoint loading does make it different, but I don't use it at all checkpoints anymore. There are a few places I don't. There's a risky route (I believe I didn't do it in the run) where I don't kill anyone after the photo and just run past everyone to get to the door and then sprint down to the checkpoint. Obviously doing it with that strat is faster since you recover your health and sprint, so obviously that's different.

Sub 7 is the dream Tongue
Okay I don't know what I'm doing differently now, but remember I said I gave up last time because one or two guards were constantly coming into the room? Now I'm getting like 4 guards :/

EDIT: 7:09! SEVEN-OH-NINE! I cannot believe I just got that :O
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 07:20:48 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 07:20:33 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 07:20:22 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 07:16:53 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 07:16:49 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 07:16:48 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 07:00:53 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-04-07 06:44:56 am
Okay, I think you need to trigger the cutscene with Trev when you have about 5:20 left on the clock for sub 7.

7:09 Memorial:

I'm going to move onto Jungle, the other Operative Time Trial, so once again, any help or info about your route would be very helpful.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-04-07 01:19:10 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Wow... dont know what to say, super happy for you but man, now I have to go back to it.. lol, Im sticking to bunker for now, hopefully I canget to 9:45 or lower..Grats on the record man keep up the good work!!

As for Jungle, well I'll see how low you can get your time, easier for me to see where you can cut seconds, my jungle time is much better, to my knowledge I could only save another second at best...

Tried my hand at Memorial for about an hour, died to the very last two guards in the level before alec cutscene, timer was at 5:33, not sure if I'll play again today but sub 7 within the week for sure Wink
Thanks man! It's awesome to have competition at last! I don't know if you've seen any of the GoldenEye 64 runners' reactions when they get the World Record... Because that was me lol

I tried Jungle briefly, got rekt a few times. I was actually wondering if you use the shotgun. Maybe its just me but shotguns are OP in Reloaded and worthless in Wii. I also briefly tried Nightclub Time Trial... I got rekt so hard in the kitchen area I cannot tell you... Tongue

Sub 7 is definitely possible with suicide strats in the final area. As you saw I took my time there. I was 10 seconds ahead on the slide cutscene, so running straight ahead and past everyone would be ideal for a better time. Like I said before, you need to have at least 5:20 left on the clock. I have about 6 minutes left when I get past the slide animation.

Memorial is a decent level, but I HATE Jungle. It sucks those are the two Operative Time Trials. idk if I've said it before but while I liked the extra objectives during casual playthroughs, I hate speedrunning them on a game like this. I'd much rather run straight past an Operative run.

I await your destruction of my 7:09 Memorial lol