--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Phazonelite7: 2011-06-24 01:53:02 pm
Phazonelite7: 2011-06-24 01:35:42 pm
I have four of the fourteen levels recorded and fully completed for my run. They are:

Facility: 7:55
Airfield: 2:59
Nightclub: 6:40
Outpost: 4:46

Agedude, if you're interested do you think you could do some practice runs of Carrier on Operative? I'll be doing that right after I finish Dam and I've been having a ton of difficulty figuring out a solid route through it.
Edit history:
aleckermit: 2011-06-24 06:37:01 pm
aleckermit: 2011-06-24 06:36:35 pm
Very nice times Phazonelite, can't wait to see the finished product.

If you can beat my 4:08 Tank level, I'll paypal you $15 :). I'm pretty confident it's maxed. Hope you at least tie it.
Thanks. And yeah I would probably be happy with 4:09 haha. I got a 4:13 after many attempts earlier so it's not exactly my best level.
Pac is Back
Any more recent videos for this game?  The ones in this thread were posted in 2010 Sad
I kind of stopped doing this run mattBlitz because I lost interest somewhat and I don't have particularly good capture equipment atm or the money to get something. If you or anyone else is interested in taking the helm then I'd be more than willing to help significantly.
I have the 360 version, and wouldn't mind running it maybe, but I'm currently improving the Gears of War run.  Maybe when I finish that I'll look into this, but I'm thinking I'd rather be here as support and help for anyone who wants to run it.
Nice videos in here.  I have thought about trying out some of these speed runs for this game.
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-05-05 02:00:07 pm
InfiniteSheldor: 2015-04-09 10:46:58 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2015-04-09 01:25:05 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2015-04-09 01:23:42 am
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
Speedruns of this game would be good, but I'd rather do Reloaded since I hardly use my Wii anymore.
Quote from brassmaster:
I have the 360 version, and wouldn't mind running it maybe, but I'm currently improving the Gears of War run.  Maybe when I finish that I'll look into this, but I'm thinking I'd rather be here as support and help for anyone who wants to run it.

No sorry. While the base game is the same, there are too many differences in the games that can effect runs, meaning that Wii and Reloaded have to be seperate categories. Runs go to speedrun.com/007_reloaded
Might go back to Wii though
Metal + Speed = Life
Anyone still active on this game? I recently started going for ILs on the Wii version, the time trials to be exact. Was wondering if anyone could provide some info... For example, for the levels whose time trials are on operative ( jungle, memorial, cradle), is the time trial time the same as an operative run of the level? Or are they seperate categories? And if anyone has links or videos to confirmed records of any "time trial" missions, I'm very curious to what the records really are. Ive spent a lot of time searching online, and for 3-4 levels my time trials are lower then anything I could find. I dont have any runs recorded, but I'd definitely put in the effort to reproduce my times if they are in fact as good as I believe. Thanks to any feedback given by all, I learned a lot reading through this thread and watching the videos.. Thumbs up guys
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2015-12-17 10:45:43 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2015-12-17 10:43:16 am
I'm doing AUF, NF and Reloaded atm but I can work on Wii too, since it's so similar. I'd be happy to challenge/help you to some ILs and Time Trials Tongue
I don't think there are any Time Trial speedruns, only a few ILs tbh.

Here's the speedrun.com LB if you're interested, don't know if there are any others Smiley

http://www.speedrun.com/Goldeneye_007_Wii
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2015-12-22 07:17:53 am
Metal + Speed = Life
That's cool, yeah I had seen that one. I saw a couple nice runs for Outpost Time trial, the best being marhla with a 5:23, Ive gotten mine down to 5:20 and I believe I can take off another 2-3 seconds. I wasn't expecting a response so quick, but as I achieve times I feel are decent I will post them. I don't have a way to record for now, however I can provide a short video of the ending \ completion of the level with the completion screen showing the mission time. Would that be considered sufficient in terms of proof?

Edited: Outpost 5:20 down to 5:17 agent (time trial)
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2015-12-23 08:45:45 am
JamesBong: 2015-12-22 01:48:44 pm
JamesBong: 2015-12-21 06:58:06 pm
JamesBong: 2015-12-18 02:28:31 pm
JamesBong: 2015-12-18 11:40:36 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Edited (post became obsolete): After much work on rerouting jungle, I'm down to 7:21 on operative (time trial). I will get 7:19-7:20 before moving onto my 4th time trial.

Jungle time trial down to 7:19... Run was near perfection, finished with jungle and outpost (5:17) unless these times are beaten.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2015-12-21 07:02:57 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Memorial time trial = 7:10, Outpost time trial 5:17.
Technically a few more seconds can be saved on outpost but the chances of it happening are slim. My memorial run was just ridiculous, don't think I will ever get to beat this.

Edit history:
JamesBong: 2015-12-26 07:48:37 am
JamesBong: 2015-12-25 02:51:28 pm
JamesBong: 2015-12-25 02:51:27 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Been working on superjerdotcom's dam record of 9:42 for Dam Time Trial. Just got a 9:40 this morning, going to try to go sub 935... Skipping the sniper rifle at the beginning (whether it drops from tower or not) potentially saves 2-7 seconds (depending on placement of rifle). However doing this will have you resting your life in luck's hands for the checkpoint following the helicopter pictures.. Generally on a good pace my runs only get passed this checkpoint 1 attempt per 20 or so.. Considering the nice beefy intro cutscene and the Alec truck driving segment.. Most annoying time trial to run so far.. However the actual speedrun of the level is technically only a few minutes of gameplay, its a lot of fun once you get to play the level.
Edited: 9:29 achieved couple hours later..
Will begin learning\routing Facility starting next week..
Metal + Speed = Life
2 days after my 9:29 run on Dam's time trial, in the span of 3 hours I lowered my time to 9:27, 9:24, and finally 9:21. I felt really on my game so I ran a few more attempts...
Final result 9:15 Dam time trial (007), a ridiculously clean run, easily my best time trial record up to this point.

Damn, nice! I think to some people it would be sufficient enough. For me, I'll take it.
I wouldn't expect replies that quickly since the forum seems to be dead, but whenever you post I have to do something that requires checking my Email and therefore catching your post rather quickly xD
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-01-06 09:08:41 pm
JamesBong: 2016-01-06 09:05:30 pm
JamesBong: 2015-12-30 11:41:24 am
JamesBong: 2015-12-29 09:08:16 am
JamesBong: 2015-12-29 07:46:44 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Thanks man, I'm just having a lot of fun with this game in general, I plan to try and beat any and all time trial records\videos that are known. Hopefully I can draw some attention of former speedrunners back to nthis game. While most of the Operative levels had been mostly optimized, I think nobody realized how much faster the 007 and 007 classic  time trial levels such as dam, facility, etc, could be completed once enough testing had gone into them.
Facility time trial down to 9:08 today.. Definitely can get to sub 9 minutes, however I don't believe it can get to sub 8:55.

Edit: Facility time trial down to 8:52, I knew sub 8:55 was possible, I just didnt think I could ever get a clean run including all the route adjustments I made to superjerdotcom's record. For example, I only sprinted and did not kill a single guard from beginning of the level until the breach. Sub 9:00 alone requires kamikaze strats ^_^.

Tied Airfield time trial record of 3:57 this morning, I'll be aiming for 3:53-3:54.

Much respect for Superjerdotcom's Airfield Time Trial of 3:57... I suspected it would be difficult to beat, but apparently it's going to be extremely difficult to beat hehe... Awesome run Superjer.

Edit: After a decent 6 hours of attempts, I completed a 3:54 run for Airfield's time trial. I took a few days off Goldeneye and upon replaying today, brought it down to 3:52. Perhaps a few seconds can be saved, with enough attempts...
Nice! I have my Wii plugged in for Agent Under Fire, so I should start doing ILs of this too. I'm probably going to wait until I get sub 2:20 RTA (or sub WR, ether is fine) GoldenEye Reloaded
Metal + Speed = Life
Nice to hear man, I checked out your Youtube and I'm not sure if you stream but I've also followed your Twitch as well. Began working on Station's time trial today... so easy to die in this one...  ^_^
Quote from JamesBong:
Nice to hear man, I checked out your Youtube and I'm not sure if you stream but I've also followed your Twitch as well. Began working on Station's time trial today... so easy to die in this one...  ^_^

Oh hey, thanks! I don't stream atm because my net can't hold streaming :/ (I'm going to test streaming while I'm alone/not using a Signal Booster) But if we get good enough net to stream, I definitely would. YouTube is the best way to see my runs. Since I have an Elgato I can record some runs, so I might do some on the weekend if I give up on Agent Under Fire Wink
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-01-14 11:52:16 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Station time trial down to 4:37 today. I imagine 4:35 being perfect for the route I have worked out. It's already very suicidal and I only take the time to shoot 4-5 guards from start of level up to the train. Going to at least try another couple days for 4:35 of course... Took about 3 hours to get from 5:02 to 4:37.

Edit: After at least 5 sessions of about 2 hours each.. Station time trial brought down to 4:32. Unbelievable run... The locks weren't perfect, however  I feel the rest of the level was.
Ermf..
I'm back!

Great job on those times, JamesBong. You are going nuts on this game. I would love to see your runs if you could get recording set up!

I didn't think anyone else would ever seriously run TTs in this game.

I just started playing again last week. I've been working on Carrier (3-1) because another guy on YouTube got within 2 seconds of my PB. I knocked 24 seconds off last night in stream:

Carrier 3-1 Time Trial in 7:59
http://www.twitch.tv/superjercom/v/37547973

Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-01-29 12:23:06 pm
JamesBong: 2016-01-29 08:51:01 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Hey Superjer, thanks alot for the recognition.. I'm thrilled to see your back to the game, I followed you on Twitch and watched that Carrier run as well, very impressive. I play alot of Smash 64 and other N64 games so I had taken about a week off Goldeneye after finishing my Station runs. But with your return I am motivated to continue, your videos of TT's on Youtube is what got me started really... Upon my first completion of the game, when I began running the TT's  ( first completions ), I used your videos for help and reference. I'm currently trying to setup something so I can record and show off my kamikaze strats hehe... As soon as I can record, my top priority will be to recreate my record times, regardless of the time it takes, I know a few of them will be much much harder to recreate then others.

Almost forgot I wanted to include a list of the levels I worked on so far, since they're scattered throughout this thread...
These are all on the Time Trial difficulty/mode.

Dam : (007) - 9:15
Facility : (007) - 8:52
Airfield : (007 Classic) - 3:52
Outpost : (Agent) - 5:17
Station : (Agent) - 4:32
Memorial : (Operative) - 7:10
Jungle : (Operative) - 7:19
I'd seriously run TTs in this game - I almost did earlier but I was busy with other stuff Tongue

Nice to see you back Superjer! James... These are seriously good times. I think I'm going to have trouble beating them Wink
Update: A few days ago, I decided to run Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, and while I was searching for it on my HDD, guess which game catches my eye Tongue