Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Damn I was so close!!! Very, very solid run, about 3 seconds lost in terms of general movement ( not including the suicide parts at the end ). 5:19 on timer when I hit cutscene, I couldn't believe it when I saw it lol... I took the picture at 7:02 like you, I've gotten it at 7:05 at best. From here to the end I don't load any checkpoints so I didnt really notice my time at other key moments.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-04-08 01:24:49 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Damn, I took a picture of the completion screen when I made the post, but it didn't upload I guess... So I put this at least.

The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
Aw man, that sucks! Sub 7 is real though! I might grind that again tomorrow.

I believe I should've got the picture at 7:05 had the run not been so sloppy. I'm surprised it was 7:09 considering all the running into walls and pillars during the run lol

I know I lost a lot of time to the end section, so I imagine you did suicide strats again? Can you explain what you do from the slide into the underground section? I have to kill most of them because I get killed very quickly otherwise :/

Also, congrats on your 007 Classic completion... Did you beat the entire game on 007 Classic? And I have to ask, are there any advantages to playing with a Classic Controller Pro? I use a normal Classic Controller because I had one lying around Tongue
Metal + Speed = Life
I never passed or really attempted Cradle on Classic, figured it would be annoying, everything else I've completed.
From the moment I slide, this is pretty much what I try and do (this is how I would like to do it, but enemy placement isn't always the same so generally I die near instantly or I adjust how many times I stop\reload).

I always make sure to have a full clip at this point, as soon as you land from slide, run forward and run past the first guard who slides to cover. Move into the left hallway, kill the one guard ahead of you ( sometimes he's not here ). Don't shoot anyone else so you don't have to reload yet, you should have 20-24 at least. Run to end of hallway and drop immediately down to the lower area.

The 4-5 guards in front of you have just barely spawned if you were fast enough, it takes them a second to react sometimes. The second you land, aim at the guard furthest left, start shooting and strafe right while moving forward slightly. If done quick enough, and with luck you clear the whole hallway.
Reload as you move forward, when you get to the right turn, look down hallway, strafe left moving towards the boxes near the wall on the left (where a guard is taking cover on opposite side), as you strafe to boxes, kill as many as you can without really slowing down, if you get at least 2 it's good. Crouch at boxes, reload again and wait for health to regen here.
Once you get up, start a sprint and cancel with a melee as you run by the guard taking cover near you, skips the animation, then you say a prayer, shoot while aiming or without, it's up to you for this part, when I leave the cover of the boxes, I empty that clip running down this hallway, and once it's  empty I just sprint through anyone left.

You will die 20 different ways and what I just described is an ideal run, the guard placements don't work for the 2nd section, and I have died in every possible way attempting it like this. Damn that was long to type on a phone lmao
Metal + Speed = Life
Bunker down to 9:41, made a few adjustments that add up to 7-8 seconds faster overall, but execution was much better. I took it safer than I needed to in a couple areas, so I lost a bit of time, no checkpoint loads for this one either, I haven't tried any really so I'm not sure if they can be useful here. Now that I know every guard and inch of this level, I'm starting to enjoy it as a speedrun, I could do without the escaping part though lol

lol

That sounds rather complicated, but i'll grind that out I guess.

Cradle is difficult on 007 Classic, but there's a strat to make the Alec boss easier on Reloaded, I assume that works in a similar way but idk I've only beat that boss once and that was in my any% run lol

Congrats on that Bunker! Are you going to try and get sub 9:40?
Metal + Speed = Life
Definitely, 50% of my attempts make it to or past 4th picture with a great time... Pretty sure with the same route ( just better execution ) I can get down to 9:30.
There are 2 sections that I'm not entirely satisfied with, once I get to 9:30 I'll probably work on that and I'll start only sprinting from 4th picture on... Not sure if 9:20 can be reached but I've proven my own predictions wrong before lol. Final goaltime would be 9:25 or lower I guess.
I play MUCH better with classic controller, I'm just not generally good at motion control games, especially aiming.. The down side is the button layouts.. I don't like them much but I play with sensitivity at about 80%, and it works awesome for me. I don't know of other options really.
I use a Classic Controller too, I believe you use a CC Pro? The button layouts are so bad, I could probably get 7:09 on Reloaded 1st try or something lol. I'm so used to that version.
Metal + Speed = Life
Oh yeah it is a classic controller Pro, the layout I use is great but it has left and right on the D-pad, and the camera to take pictures is down on the D-pad... I generally use my right hand for 95% of d-pad presses ^_^  I find it's easier this may
That's the same as as the normal CC. I use my index and middle fingers to use the D-Pad if my thumb is on the analogue stick. Great control layout Kappa
Metal + Speed = Life
I stretch my right thumb over usually, not that bad..
Made 2 minor changes to bunker movement, about 3 seconds better overall. I've been at it since I got home from work an hour ago and I got another 2 hours to kill, I'll update if I get a good one. ^_^
Congrats, I generally dislike Bunker (even with a shotgun) - But at least Bunker 2 OO Agent from the N64 version isn't in the Wii version Wink
Metal + Speed = Life
I don't think I've ever used a shotgun in any of my runs before, guess I don't kill enough guards lol, is it really useful?

I watched your dam and facility runs, made me realize how fast my dam TT is, aside from the additional checkpoints, my run was 95% identical to yours in movement, sprinted everywhere you did hehe. With enough attempts it's surprising how many sections you can just sprint through even on harder difficulties.
idk, I just like shotguns Tongue

From my Segmented Reloaded run? I'm going to start that up again soon. Runway and Nightclub are probably going to be some of the most difficult levels just from RNG alone :/ Sounds good though, I should probably memorise the higher objectives and see what I can and can't run past, since that's what this game seems to be Tongue
Metal + Speed = Life
I got bunker time down to 9:38, going to start switching between getting bunker to 9:30 and getting memorial sub 7. Since both are becoming very optimized, I wont get so discouraged at least this way lol

Nice job! I've been playing some stuff on my PS Vita recently. My birthday's coming up this week so I have to start making room for new stuff etc.

I'd like to get back to Memorial sub 7 sometime, but I have stuff to do and other games to run... I'm not looking forward to 3-4 minutes of a solid IL only to fuck everything up due to guard RNG... Again *sigh*
Metal + Speed = Life
Almost had it.. I had trouble sleeping last night ( I've had insomnia for the past 3-4 years ), so I had about an hour to kill.. I get killed by one of the very last 2 guards at the tunnel before the cutscene pretty often now.. I came up with a way to run through another section in the underground area, saves at least 3 seconds, it requires me to only reload once after the slide. My clip is always empty at the last corner so I always just sprint it and cross fingers..
My best was a death at 5:33 on timer, just entering that last little tunnel.. It's about 10 seconds away so it could've been a 6:57  O_o
Damn man, that doesn't sound good. The sub 7 is happening though Cheesy

I used to think I had insomnia, then I found an extra few hours of watching Twitch and playing my PS Vita during the night solved that issue Tongue
Metal + Speed = Life
Done and done.. 6:58, was a few seconds slow in first half of tunnels, will keep at it for another day.

Nice! I'll be back at it soon, hopefully
Metal + Speed = Life
Unbelievable... When I got the 7:10, I didn't think much could be saved.. Then sub 7 just days ago... And today, the god run... 3 seconds could be saved on the photograph ( 1 guard got in so I had to kill ), other then that, I've never had an ending segment so godlike in all of my attempts and practices... DONE and DONE with this level until time is beaten.

Hands down my best run of any level done so far.

Holy shit! gj man!
Metal + Speed = Life
Ive tied my 9:38 bunker TT three times over the weekend, got a 9:37 this morning... my patience on this one is running low... The first checkpoint and the escaping sections are frustrating as hell to run optimally.
Metal + Speed = Life
Finally, I can't believe it was near impossible for me to gain a second or two on this time, and out of nowhere I get a really solid, clean run. I must've done about 20 runs that made it 3\4 of the level or more, none of them  were on sub 9:35 pace... Well now that I'm fully satisfied with Bunker and Memorial TTs, not sure what to work on next.. Most likely Archives and Carrier. I really enjoyed completing these so I'll see how that goes hehe

Congrats man! Yeah, go for Archives. Beat my 8:56 Reloaded time on Wii Tongue