Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
So I just lost another run to a game crash... This game actually has a grudge against me, I swear.

https://gyazo.com/47625d03fe123aa7abfc9995c5b99115

Moving onto Quantum of Solace for a bit I think. I have no use for a game that won't let me get anywhere.
Metal + Speed = Life
Sad to hear man, good luck with Quantum of Solace, heres the vid

Nice, I'll give that a watch while I work later. It sucks but if the game keeps on screwing me over, what am I to do?

(I ended up doing a blind run of Blood Stone instead... And that crashed too. I'm cursed.)
Metal + Speed = Life
Have you tried a different console? There are floor clips and other weird things I used to be able to do on bunker and carrier, outpost as well, and since I've started a fresh file on different console... I have never gotten any of these to work again, even if none of them were useful, still might be something like that
Yeah, I can only get a run going on my dad's Wii U. Otherwise, if I play the game up to going outside the tower in Airfield the game crashes.
From what I understand, I believe all the weird glitches that can happen (Like the glitched Bunker JamesBong got in that video) are caused by checkpoints either being skipped or not working properly. It can cause things to not load in properly and make certain areas unfinishable. Reloading from the last checkpoint seems to fix it. And i think Sheldor's problems with the game crashing is certainly his Wii. I've never seen anybody's game crash as much as his, and he didn't crash as much when he played on his dad's Wii U. So there's definitely something wrong there.

I believe that the game can crash if stuff is done too quickly. Loading new areas, completing checkpoints, spawning or despawning enemies, etc. I think the game just can't handle it. This is just a hypothesis though, there's no real way for me to prove that. But it would make sense that it doesn't crash on 007 classic because you spend more time in the levels doing stuff.
If it's my Wii, explain why it's now crashing on my Wii U. I just lost a run because the game crashed at the slide in Memorial. At least I have a video for it now.
Metal + Speed = Life
I agree with fitter though, the condition of the Wii most likely doesn't help either lol
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2017-02-21 03:01:19 pm
InfiniteSheldor: 2017-02-21 02:59:11 pm
InfiniteSheldor: 2017-02-21 02:58:26 pm
The Wii U is mostly brand new though. So why the fuck is it crashing on me all of a sudden? That's twice today, in two different places.

(And mostly unrelated, but 007 Blood Stone crashed on me mid-run earlier.)
Metal + Speed = Life
Dumb question , how scratched is the CD? Mine doesn't look so good
my game disc is basically perfect. no scratches or anything, which would probably explain why i've never had the game crash.
Metal + Speed = Life
Gonna work on Carrier hover tonight, once confident carrier operative and carrier time trial incoming!!
Nice! I haven't done carrier hover in a while but i remember it being pretty tough. When i was doing Facility Classic runs, i was practicing my hovering and i think i've gotten better at it. We'll know for sure if I have once i get to Carrier Classic IL's
Mine was mint condition, and looks just fine.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-02-22 04:54:58 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Any tips on carrier hover fitter? This one is brutal to figure out compared to jungle
The way I mash using the gamecube controller is this:
I place my index finger on the B button, and my ring finger on the A button, then i tense up my arm and pivot my hand left and right. My fingers hit the B and A buttons and all i have to do is pivot my hand back and forth, which I find easier than moving my hand up and down. I can record a controller cam if you want me to.
Also, be sure you're facing at a 45 degree angle against the wall. You want to be going forward and left into the railing. Then just mash your heart out and you should get it.

Here is a video of PurpleSunDeryl getting the carrier hover with the classic controller (The webcam is flipped). This was the first time anybody did this in real time

(Also, you want to do the carrier hover on the left side instead of the right. It's faster that way)
Please do controller cam. I want to nail this thing once, even if I don't run the game again.
Metal + Speed = Life
Cool it was the angle I wasn't getting, if u run too much towards railing there isn't enough speed. Got a 5:51 this morning on Operative but no audio recorded, not a very good time so I'll upload when I get 5:45ish
what difficulty was the 5:51 on? Because if that's classic difficulty, that's impressive.
Metal + Speed = Life
Operative, and left side is faster because but in RTA you can clip and fall to death very easily on left. I need to experiment with it more tonight, I can do it 9 times out of 10 when I'm just trying the trick but when I do the full level I get it about one on 20. I'll probably try something like loading that checkpoint just to have it set up for it, that way I can get familiar with doing it that specific way I'll mail it more often. It's really not so bad if you take your time to do it but every time I rush it I mess it up. My Classic TT was 7:23 without the clip, the way I ran that level it might save 10-12 seconds, I don't think sub 7 RTA would be in reach for me, 7:23 was beast as hell, 35 seconds faster then superjer's. If anyone subs 7:00 carrier classic it's you fitter lol
My goal is to sub 7 Carrier on classic. I don't expect to take the record but i'll try. Speaking of taking records....

Airfield TT (007 Classic): 3:49. Video coming soon.
I might play some more Airfield tomorrow since i think i can cut the time a little further. I think 3:46 would be pushing my limit, but it should be possible.
Metal + Speed = Life
Well, take your TAS video or airfield, I take notes for all levels I've worked on and before I used to note down segment times by hand etc.. if you compare my 3:52 to you 3:34 TAS, when you reach the base of stairs before consoles, I am 1-2 seconds slower, ( ofc we can't shoot the consoles as fast as TAS, but my best split on console room is 5 seconds faster then my PB
Sum of best splits is 3:44  for me, so 3:46 is pretty nuts but definitely possible
Yeah 3:46 would be a really insane time. Sprint Cancelling (that's what i've been calling your sprint cutoff trick) helps out a little bit for these IL runs. I don't go for it too often but I found a pretty good visual cue for it. When you start sprinting, Bond puts his gun down and moves his left and right repeatedly. Start reloading right before his arm moves to the left for the 2nd time, then you should be able to sprint right when bond raises the P99, or even sooner than that if you hit the right frame. That could probably save a second on this level, maybe two if you pull it off perfectly.

I was also playing Nightclub earlier and got this run:

It's not perfect by any means, but it's good enough for now. I'm gonna go back to airfield and try to get a better time, then i'll come back to nightclub. I'm not sure what kind of time is possible here on 007 classic.