Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Nah with Amarec TV, the setup is the same as the bunker glitch video, and that one had sound. I must've changed some settings without noticing. Thanks for putting it up anyways, I plan a run tonight after work, I'll try and get a sub2h with audio 😁
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-02-15 09:13:21 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Will post video as soon as possible.. hoping the audio is OK this time!!
New world record 1:56:30
Metal + Speed = Life
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-02-16 08:11:54 am
JamesBong: 2017-02-16 08:09:04 am
JamesBong: 2017-02-16 07:17:57 am
Metal + Speed = Life

In Game Mission Times
Dam - 8:48 - Missed the ladder skip, otherwise very decent
Fac - 8:04 - Decent
Airfield -  3:30 -  Need to work on this level, cant remember how to get through without explosions (Ill look into the 2:57-2:58 strats), easy 20 seconds to save.
Nightclub - 6:56 - Very nice time for having 1 death.
Carrier - 6:18 - Bless the RNG gods for keeping me alive on this one, very good time for full game run.
Outpost - 5:37 - My brain farts alot, I remember being able to drop down on right side but I guess not haha, decent sniper section, 20 seconds to save.
Bunker - 9:12 - Very solid run of Bunker
Archives - 10:27 -  Disappointed with this one, easy minute to save, need to work on this level as well.
Tank - 4:23 -  Decent
Station - 5:44 -  Man the enemies up to rocket launcher guy were on beast mode, I died faster then on Agent. Rest of level was ok. Can save 30-40 seconds.
Memorial - 9:08 - Need to practice this, over a minute and a half can be saved.
Jungle - 7:32 -  Very solid jungle strats, rarely fails. The strat I use to move through the section where you unlock the gate with phone allows to keep stealth, gate opens faster because the extra 3 guards don't spawn. If they are climbing the gate it won't open until they are done.
Solar - 7:59 - Still another minute to save on this easy.
Cradle - 13:17 - Far from perfect, yet considering the amount of RNG in this level, Im happy with it. I got the skip so you don't fall on the grate outside, you need wait until you are on the grate before starting a sprint. Trev kill couldve gone better, but couldve gone worse.

This time has me feeling that somehow sub 1h50m may eventually be possible, So going slower in general in certain sections is overall faster sometimes if you can avoid a death. This may be 5 minutes faster then last run but it is still a pretty bad run considering the deaths. Cant wait to try to beat this time.
dude sub 1:50 would be so good. Go for it!
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/181424645524684800/282238838821093376/image.jpg

If you could quickly check and say what you have written on the back of your disc I'd be very grateful.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/181424645524684800/282238456909004810/image.jpg

And the front, too!
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2017-02-18 06:52:23 pm

9:06 Dam 007 Classic. Moving on to Facility now.
I know 9:04 is possible because of a mistake i made in the objective in the sniper tower. 9:02 may be possible if everything is perfect.
Metal + Speed = Life
Very nice, watched the airfield and jungle operative times too. You guys are blowing me away haha, I like that. I got about a dozen 2:57 airfields, I honestly think the only way to make up the second is in the mashing, hats off to deryl, he beasted this... I got a 6:58 jungle using his strats but I won't upload until I at least tie or beat. 6:56 possible IMO
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-02-19 11:50:25 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Hey Fitter remember when I had talked to you about a way to interrupt a Sprint with a Reload to allow a faster Sprint? Well I just started a full game operative run and I managed to do it very cleanly at the end of facility so if my run dies or is finished I uploaded so you can look at it if you want. The timing is real precise but I'm convinced it can be faster. Probably helpful for TAS
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-02-19 01:14:14 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
I'm both happy and sad that sprint abuse was found. I'm happy because it's gonna push the times down but i'm pretty sad that it basically obsoletes the whole TAS up to this point. It'll be hard to test how much time this saves overall but i wouldn't be surprised if it saved quite a bit of time in the full game.
Here is a video example of Sprint Interruption in a TAS setting:

I'm going to find the optimal way to interrupt a sprint and report back with the information once I have it. I don't know how much time this would save in an RTA setting at the moment.

R.I.P. TAS.

So as far as I can tell, this is the optimal way to cut off a sprint. Each sprint after shooting the bullet is cut off 15 frames before it would normally end, which means you can start sprinting again after only 3 frames of downtime.
And this is a huge time save. 1 second is saved for every 6 seconds of sprinting. This is a ridiculous time save.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2017-02-19 06:27:19 pm
So when you start sprinting, Bond puts his hands down toward the bottom of the screen. Then he moves his hands to the left and right repeatedly. Simply start reloading when his hands reach the left side of the screen for the 2nd time, then press A quickly afterward. You'll get the quick movement every time.
The timing is actually pretty tricky

Also, the visual cue is only useful for short sprints like the one shown in the video. I'll have to come up with a good visual cue for long sprints some other time
Metal + Speed = Life
Insane to think I technically found this about a so many months ago but we couldn't figure it out the mechanics to it. Well I guess sorry?? And your welcome!! Looks amazing on the TAS, I figure in my facility ending I might only be saving about half the time possible.. maybe 1 second per 10 seconds. Other then for some style and possibly to push a level 1-2 seconds beyond full optimization, won't be useful in real runs... At least not reliable. This is definitely a precise trick and for me to get it 4-5 times in a row is rare.. then again levitation seemed impossible in real time at first so.. practice, practice
I can get the movement consistently, but not always optimally. It definitely saves time but it's pretty hard to do while also moving around optimally. I'm sure it'll push some of the times a few seconds lower but I don't expect much from RTA. TAS is where the time save will really be
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah RTA = points for style.

Update on jungle, uploading a 6:55 video right now, 1 second can be saved during 1st hover, and 1 second during QTE at the end with Xenia.. I was leaning my finger too hard on R without noticing so I couldn't push B.
6:53 definitely possible.
Metal + Speed = Life
Nice! What level are you gonna work on next?
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-02-20 03:49:25 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
I'll retry my hand at airfield 2:56, if not I'll just upload a 2:57 to Speedrun.com, I don't know where to start, there's so much I want to do at the same time, I feel like waiting to do any other Operative levels because I get the feeling Deryl isn't done surprising me with his beast times. You look like your doing great with Classic ILs, so maybe I should actually concentrate on what I'm best at for now, and that's going to be full game Operative runs, make sure the time sticks for a while... Sub 1h52m would  be my goal for now, going to definitely try a couple runs tonight after work, I feel more confident about Bunker and archives ( I struggle with those 2 in full game ), and I can consistently get 2:58-2:59 airfields and 7:00-7:04 jungles in runs so that's a plus.

My last run died at archives, but check out the in game times up to there.. it was a ridiculous run..
Dam 8:41
Facility : 7:57
Airfield :2:59
Nightclub : 6:55
Carrier : 6:11
Outpost : 5:11
Bunker : 9:14. ... Really a shame
I'm pretty sure PurpleSunDeryl still has a few tricks up his sleeve for operative IL's. I don't know what his plans are but I wonder if he'll take back the Jungle record?

My current plan is to go through each level on 007 classic until i feel like i've gotten good times on all of them. Then i'll probably do Full-game 007 Classic runs. I personally think 007 Classic is more interesting, which is why i prefer it for speedruns. I'll probably go through some operative times once i'm done with classic, though.

I'm glad to see you're doing full-game runs. I think you could push the WR down to 1:52 pretty soon!
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah purp is really good, you should try some of the TTs, that's where my love for this game started, try the Agent ones, Station, bunker, outpost, archives, almost all Operative strats work but more risky and challenging, since my times are basically non existent except for pics on my phone lol, easy records up for grabs
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2017-02-20 09:47:34 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
Was on a 1:51 pace or better run but really bad jungle and a death in cradle that just destroyed me. I raged so hard.. nonetheless, new WR 1:53:47 gonna try for video tonight if not tomorrow morning.

Dam: 8:42
Facility: 8:31- 1 death 25-30 sec to save
Airfield: 3:16 -  ok
Nightclub : 6:49 - very good
Carrier 6:28 - very good
Outpost : 5:17 - good
Bunker 9:08 - good
Archives: 9:57 - good
Tank : 4:23 - good
Station : 4:50 - very good
Memorial : 8:05 - slowish - 25-30 sec to save
Jungle 8:53 - 1 death - 1m40sec to save or so
Solar: 6:43 - decent, I would like solar 15-20 sec faster then this.
Cradle 14:49- 1 death, 2 min can be saved

Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2017-02-21 02:23:19 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2017-02-21 02:22:31 am
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
Congrats. Meanwhile, new PB. 2:02:16.40