Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Alright, i had some time to work on Nightclub last night. I re-tased part of the beginning to make the movement look a little better. Didn't save any time but it looks a little smoother. I got the best garcia spawn and i'm doing my best to make waiting for her to move as entertaining as possible. I got to the cutscene where the guard takes away your gun before talking to Zukovsky.
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2016-09-19 11:32:07 am
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2016-09-19 11:31:52 am
Also check this out:

I thought for a long time that holding assault rifles made you move slower, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Edit history:
PurpleSunDeryl: 2016-08-18 08:49:27 am
PurpleSunDeryl: 2016-08-18 08:48:00 am

Fitter found a hover on Carrier that skips to the first charges room. I wanted this RTA-viable, and tried hovering, and it worked. As hovering just requires you to reload into mid-air (you go slightly mid-air off stairs) and cancel it with sprint, it can be done by a human, but just not as efficiently as a TAS. Luckily, it can just about work to get this skip.
Ignore the abysmal movement afterwards. And the fact that the webcam is reversed.
Also hey, I don't usually post here. I'm looking to run 007 Classic in the future.
Edit history:
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-09-04 11:24:11 am
InfiniteSheldor: 2016-08-29 06:36:21 am
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
New Operative Any% WR! Retimed to 1:57:45 because of the weird Bunker glitch (someone inspect that please) and because of my inability to retime the glitch first time around lol. Sorry for the video quality, it's upscaled from 454x256. It's watchable if you don't look at the timer (which is fucked anyway lol) or question the forklift Tongue

Just finished the Bunker level:
Archives in 8:45
My runs have been disallowed because I was running from HDD and it gave me slightly faster loads. I'm looking for a legitimate disc to run on, but in the meantime, current WR:
Quote from JamesBong:
Can't wait to get home and see if I can pull off that levitation, not sure either where it can be useful, but if some sequence breaks are found I would try it to Improve operative ILs. But Everytime I have clipped anything else in this game, I always die OOB lol

The only other OoB I know of is in the final area of Outpost, you've found more?
Tank in 4:03

I now own the GoldenEye 007: Wii disc! WR incoming Tongue
Station in 4:36

Memorial in 6:54

This thread is kinda dead now but I'll be posting stuff to it out of boredom and trying to keep this thread ever-so-slightly alive
Metal + Speed = Life
Hey guys, sorry I kind of disappeared for a good while.. mostly my fault if the thread is dying hehehe, although I was the one to bring it back to life some time ago. Man time flies.. I've been keeping up with your progress in the TAS, some really amazing stuff, definitely makes me want to get back into this game, work more on Classic IL times. Life has been a handful for me lately, been 7 months at me new job now, the hours were crazy but it's better now. I also repaired my laptop and am looking into recording software to set up the old WII again. My wife and I are buying a house together soon so I'll have my own little gaming room set up soon. I admire your dedication to this run man, when I started working on this game I was alone to do so for a while but I kept at it, just as you are now.. if I inspired you to get into this game even the slightest it would be a shame for me not to come back to it. Archives and bunker were so awesome, gives me tons of ideas of viable changes I could make to my runs.
If ever you look into Operative runs of TAS I would be greatly interested, I know I'm very close to having maxed alot of those times ( without hovering of course ). I just looked over my TTS and I still can't believe I pulled off most of these times, but I think with all you've discovered I can revisit each level and add something new to save time.  Keep it up man, looking forward to solar in particular, damn nightmare to run through on Classic but I had figured a route all the way down to the sniping segment that allowed me to sprint 95% of the time, it was terribly hard to execute though. Most frustrating/challenging/enjoyable level I ever routed in my time.  I'm going to start warming up to the game again soon, get some practice in, but my first goal will without a doubt be to set a respectable time for Operative full game run. I've seen a couple good runs and I feel it will be the best way to get me back in the game. Sorry to has disappeared so long haha
Metal + Speed = Life
Tried my hand at the stair hovering glitch this morning, quite easily doable for short periods in real time, can't wait to start breaking the game 😃.  I looked I to that floor clip in dam, it would really only be useful for a 007 or Classic difficulty right?
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy he's back! Welcome back Cheesy

Hovering is an absolute bitch haha. Yeah, that clip is only useful for 007/00 Classic.

Meanwhile, over the last few weeks, PurpleSunDeryl has been absolutely destroying Jungle:

These are intended for the TAS... But I have no doubt you'll be able to use them in RTA Tongue

I hope to be going for the Operative WR again. Would be nice to have some competition Smiley
Metal + Speed = Life
For sure... however I'm still a little stuck on my recording situation. I have debut recording software and A Dazzle DVC 100. I'm not sure what's not working but my computer won't recognize the Dazzle as an external recording device any thoughts on something I could be doing wrong
What program are you using to capture the Dazzle? If you aren't already, try using AmaRec.

Oh, Debut Recording Software. Yeah, try it with AmaRec.
Glad to see you're back. It would be cool to have your times on the speedrun.com leaderboard.
Metal + Speed = Life
Nice got it working, all except the audio, it's not recording the sound for now, but at least it records
Nice. Also I don't know if you know this already, but I just realized that how fast you finish the beginning of cradle is determined by how quickly you kill the enemies. There are 3 waves of enemies that start once the previous wave is all dead. Enemy spawns seem to be random, but it can be influenced by where you are standing and possible the direction you're looking at, I can't really tell.