<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
wow that's insane! I didn't think the facility time could get that low
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah, when sum of bests got to sub 8:40, I was pretty sure we were a few seconds from fully optimizing it. Like you said, 6 seconds ahead at your video, and hacking the alarm first and taking 3rd photo while you wait on Alec saves a good 4-5 seconds. Think it's safe to say 8:30 will be optimized.
It's all good that your busy in real life man, just to know you aren't losing interest in working on this game keeps me happy lol.
When Facility is finished and you begin Airfield, I'll go back to it and we will beat my 3:52 ^_^
Nice. We can work on optimizing these levels together. You for IL runs and me for TAS runs. I've had some time lately and i worked on Facility quite a bit the other day. I'm currently in the large room where alec snipes some bad guys
Metal + Speed = Life
For the trick to pass over the stall door in Facility, can you briefly tell me what you do? Watching the way you do it helped me up my consistency rate but I'm still unsure to how it really works
I aimed at the right side of the stall door and press X to uncrouch and pressed A to sprint a few frames later. uncrouching before sprinting is faster in every case i've seen so far and that's what allowed me to get over the door. I found that it worked at certain angles and didn't work at others. it's a finnicky trick and i don't fully understand it other than the inputs.
dude, watch this video asap:

I think i may have found a way to levitate temporarily. Pretty sure it's TAS only and it may not be useful. I can't think of anything this could skip but who knows.
follow-up video :
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2016-07-27 12:56:37 am
Follow-up video #2. I put effort into this video so watch this one if you can:
Metal + Speed = Life
Awesome man, yeah I knew about uncrouching always faster, I think it's because instead of falling, uncrouching immediately puts your feet back on the ground so you can input a sprint faster.
Can't wait to get home and see if I can pull off that levitation, not sure either where it can be useful, but if some sequence breaks are found I would try it to Improve operative ILs. But Everytime I have clipped anything else in this game, I always die OOB lol
The hovering glitch is very hard to do. You need to press A and B sequentially, frame-perfectly for the duration of the hover. and i've only found a few small time saves for it. skipping rooms doesn't appear to be possible since there are checkpoints everywhere and the game won't let you progress until you get all of them. I'm still looking for possible out of bounds tricks but I won't get my hopes up.
Metal + Speed = Life
True.. I've clipped out of bounds in multiple places in Bunker and Carrier, due to not giving enough time for a room to load.. but that always ends in me falling through floor and dying. I tried it quickly, I can get the hover to last for a couple frames but barely noticeable.. if I didn't have to control my direction at the same time it be much easier. Can't wait to see the final product of Facility, seeing as how your up to that room, should be done soon enough hehehe, go for the 8:30!!!
I will be really sad if i don't get 8:30.

Also i've found a few small time saves in Solar and Cradle that use hovering. In the outside section of solar, i can hover down some stairs and skip going all the way down. that one probably saves a second or two and i wouldn't be surprised if more places were like that.
The time save in cradle is in a room just after protecting natalya. There is a room where you have to go up some stairs and fight a bunch of bad guys before going outside. You can hover down some stairs to skip part of the "maze" and just get to the door. It probably saves a second or two.

I'm going to copy something i wrote about hovering on TASvideos forums:

"Now let's talk about getting out of bounds. Unfortunately, this game and its engine are very well developed. Aside from hovering, there doesn't appear to be any useful place to get out of bounds. There are checkpoints or required objectives in nearly every room that cannot be skipped if you want to progress forward. I did some testing in the Solar level since there is an elevator sequence that could save a lot of time if it was skippable. With hovering, it's completely possible to skip waiting for the elevator and get down to the floor below. But there is one major problem: An objective cannot be completed if you skip the elevator and the door to the next section will not open. It turns out there are several checkpoints in the room, and two of them are in the elevator. One at the top of the elevator shaft (when you press the button to use the elevator) and one at the bottom when you get off the elevator. Getting in the elevator and pressing the button is required to progress forward, and i fear that the entire game is like this. This drastically hurts the usefulness of hovering. Just to make it worse, several rooms will not even load until you have passed all the checkpoints. I'm still testing this glitch in many places but i don't expect any huge sequence breaks in this game."

Like i said there, i don't expect hovering to allow for huge sequence breaks or major skips. But it will most certainly save time here and there.
8:23 facility. Will upload a video soon.
Metal + Speed = Life
Whaaaaa... Holy shit that's amazing.. puts my 8:43 TT to shame haha, must be a couple new time saves I didn't know of. Yeah that post seems to make a lot of sense, I've bugged out numerous checkpoints to reset guards position, avoid being discovered, but the objectives often fuck up. That's why I figure if there are any skips, will be in operative.. at least you mainly just need rooms to load, some checkpoints are actually avoidable, because the following checkpoint generally fixes what the previous didn't load.

I never understood this one, but when you cross the room where Alec snipes in facility, I run up the stairs and ignore the 2 armor guards who spawn literally on top of me when I get discovered.. I take picture at the top, run back down stairs, ignoring the two spawns again, and when I open the door and step back into the large room, I'll generally hear 1-2 guards dying, and a body will fall from the sky and land in front of me... You ever get that? Lol

check the youtube description for info about the tas.
Metal + Speed = Life
Perfection... Every little thing I could see that was not optimal in the  8:42 was corrected, ventilation movement in the beginning much better. You blow through the first checkpoints just as I do in TT runs so that's perfect..
Good job man, you exceeded my expectations by a good 5 seconds...awesome job.
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-07-28 06:26:21 pm
Metal + Speed = Life
I guess you inspired me, 2nd attempt when I got home from work.. disappointing however because ithis was near perfection for me.. got the stall door skip, did the camera trick when dropping from vent, didn't need to kill any guards I usually don't... Perhaps 1 MAYBE 2 seconds were lost to movement and that's pushing it.. this is human TAS in my opinion, considering TT is on 007, for this level I believe is even harder then Classic. I really need to finish Solar and Tank TTs but im more interested in reworking my current times. This is 15 seconds better then my original record.. behold..

Dude that's really amazing. You've been doing a lot with facility! Will you be doing Airfield any time soon?
Edit history:
JamesBong: 2016-07-29 08:49:12 am
JamesBong: 2016-07-29 05:17:22 am
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah was waiting for you to be done with facility to be honest. Airfield will be a pain to beat, I remember 3:52 being pretty near perfect for the most part. TAS will save time on shooting the consoles at the end for sure, but up to that point my strat for this one was mainly head down, sprint.. I'll see if I can get some runs in tonight. I wasn't keeping track of checkpoint times back when I ran this TT, so Ill at least try to get some notes on the ending segments.
3:34 Airfield. I had a lot of problems with the enemies in this level. I only take time to kill enemies when it's absolutely necessary. there are so many yolo moments in airfield. I managed to make it work and finished the level with barely a square of health left. I also killed some extra enemies since there were some that didn't waste time. Examples of this are enemies right in front of me when i'm not sprinting.

I had a lot of problems with the part where you can randomly explode. This is caused by an enemy that can run through there causing some random explosion. I killed that enemy but it turned out there was another one right behind me, which would cause the explosion again. I had to take a few frames to shoot an explosive barrel beside me to kill the enemy behind me. Other than that i'm really proud with the results i got in this level. The computer room is insane and the quick time events are frame perfect.

I'm playing it back on my laptop to make sure it syncs. Once i do that, i will render it and upload it just like i always do. This level is way shorter than Dam and Facility so it will render faster. It should be on youtube tonight or tomorrow morning.
Metal + Speed = Life
..... I'm speechless, so much faster then I thought, and you accomplished it in so little time. I only took down notes for everything up to shooting the consoles. I take more time on consoles then I originally thought because when begin climbing the last set of stairs up to the console's, I'm only about 3 seconds slower then this TAS.
Obviously I can't compete with the way you did the console's.. I knew it would be fast, but that was awesome to watch. I will definitely work more on this one now.
Nice job man!
Thanks, man! I'm sure you can improve your airfield time! I believe in you.
I can't wait to start TASing Nightclub. That's a really cool level imo.
Metal + Speed = Life
Yeah Nightclub has an awesome layout for a level in my opinion. On of my favorites for sure. InfiniteSheldor had routed worked on a segmented run on Classic I believe not too long back, are you using that for reference?
I've done a lot of practice with the levels in this game, but mostly to know the fastest routes for each of them. InfiniteSheldor and I worked on Nightclub a while back so i will put that knowledge to the test when making the TAS. I've done everything in the level so far until i talk to Xenia the first time. I think my movement looked a little weird so i will probably fix that before i move on. I should be able to work on the tas again tomorrow or thursday.