<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metal + Speed = Life
Just a small update...

Cradle TT still 12:18... sum of bests 12:04 now.
Nightclub TT 8:10
Carrier TT 8:15
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2016-06-21 01:34:44 pm
FitterSpace: 2016-06-21 01:33:57 pm
So i'm finally done with the full playthrough input file for Goldeneye: Wii. I made an input file in dolphin just to make sure the whole game can sync up properly. The input file is a very rough TAS but i can post some of the times it got that i can remember.
Note that all of these times are done on 007 classic difficulty and will be better in the actual completed tas.

Facility: 8:42
Nightclub: 7:42
Carrier: 6:52
Outpost: 5:14
Archives: 11:06 (this one is very rough, i think around 10 minutes is possible)
Tank: 4:12
Station: 4:47
Memorial: 8:06
Jungle: 8:16
Cradle: 13:19

Like I said, these times are not optimized so they will all be much, much better in the completed TAS.
Metal + Speed = Life
Can't wait to watch those runs, TAS always helps cut down runs in real time.. there's very subtle time saves that add up to 1-2 seconds that aren't necessarily hard to do either.. Looking forward to it man ^_^
Thanks man. I've been having lots of problems getting my test playthrough to sync up properly. It keeps desyncing at seemingly random places. the farthest any test playthrough got was the Xenia fight in jungle. I tried to fix the issue today so hopefully it works.
All of my inputs will sync perfectly on my own computer but always desync on everybody else's. Like i said, hopefully the issue will be fixed today and i can actually start to work on the tas.

I actually found a small time save in facility 007 classic. I will make a video about it soon.
Metal + Speed = Life
I beat the 8:02 record this morning with a 7:59, and on very next attempt I got the sub 7:50!! Alot of testing went into the breach room, the hallway after the breach, the kitchen, and the big room at the end.. I've figured out how to blow through each of these checkpoints generally killing 1 specific guard, and following a precise set of movements. I don't crouch for cover anymore, and i reload throughout the level 2 times only ( I use the Magnum for the breach, sigmus for rest of the level. I sprint through the kitchen full speed hitting each extinguisher on the way. It can skip the guards who spawn at the back door.. on first pass of the big room at he end, I don't shoot anyone, just sprint.. On second pass 2 particular guards need to be killed, and sprint all the way. Needless to say extreme amounts of luck are required to do it like this. The 7:49 run had me saying out loud "I should be dead, how did I not die?!?!" literally at 3 different checkpoints, this run was a pure fluke lol. Sometimes 1 guard shoots me 2 times and I die, other times I run through 3 while looking at the ground and it works.. it's awesome lol

Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2016-06-25 12:02:25 pm
FitterSpace: 2016-06-25 12:01:01 pm
I actually find 007 classic to be easier than 007 difficulty in many cases. You get way more health than 007 but it doesn't regenerate. You can also find body armor that will help you run through groups of enemies you can't otherwise get through on 007 difficulty. I'm not sure if this is one of those levels but try out 007 classic. I think you'll like it better.
Also 7:49 is really good for 007 difficulty!

EDIT: Also, how do time trials work in this game? I've never actually played one before. Are the TT on a specific difficulty or do you get to choose?
Metal + Speed = Life
Each level has its specific difficulty and time
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
Ahaha, nice job man. That's fucking crazy.

Yeah Fitter, Each level has it's own TT, which requires the mission to be completed in [x] amount of time on [x] difficulty with all objectives completed. It's not much different except that reloading a checkpoint or dying doesn't stop or revert the timer, it continues.
Metal + Speed = Life
Actually loading the checkpoint is different. Dying will guarantee 10-15 seconds lost I think (not sure how much but the mission timer keeps going) . If you load a checkpoint and timer is at 9:00 when you load (for example), when you regain control the timer will still be at 9:00, or at worst 8:59 (takes about a second from the black screen after load). However, just like loading any other checkpoint, you can crouch, in crouch, start a sprint, adjust your angle, (etc) for the split seconds before the screen loads.
Lots of interesting things come from messing with checkpoints in TT. Obviously for the sprint and health, but it resets the original position of the guards back to where they would be if you had been stealthy the whole level. Even in some cases, you can be discovered in one area, trigger a checkpoint, load it, and the guards in the next area are unaware of your presence.. very useful.
unfortunately i've run into a huge road block with the TAS. The Xenia fight seems to cause a desync no matter what. I don't understand why it happens or what is going on, but the TAS project cannot happen if this keeps going on. With my laptop being as slow as it is, i can only do one .dtm test per day. Hopefully i can resolve this issue soon but i will not do a full TAS until i can get past that part.
Metal + Speed = Life
That sucks man, hope you can get that figured out.

Hilarious true story --> At a BBQ today with some friends and their kids/families. Spotted a Wii in the living room earlier with what game? GoldenEye of course.. So I talk to my friends son David about the game. 10 minutes later my gf is looking all over for me because I was hiding inside playing goldeneye with David!! Was real funny, good times.
oh dude that's awesome. You should have showed them the crazy IL strats. that would have blown their minds.
The name's Sheldor. InfiniteSheldor.
LOL. BBQs are cool thumbsup

I believe the last one I went to, I was playing Tennis in the Face on my Vita while watching the 60s Batman movie EleGiggle
Metal + Speed = Life
Wow can't believe I got this morning... so little time spent on a 007 difficulty TT, while the operative ones give me so much trouble.. Can still save roughly 7-8 seconds based on my best timed segments, so that will be it for Nightclub. On to Carrier ( yay? )  -_-

So i think i figured out the issue i was having with dolphin and i have officially started recording the TAS! It took me about 4 hours to TAS the first part of dam until getting to the truck but i think it's worth it. I'll post progress videos when i finish each level
Metal + Speed = Life
Sweet, it's crazy how long one area can take to do... I've decided to skip Carrier for now at least, I've come up with awesome ways to skip a lot of stuff, but their success rate is horribly low, so it frustrates me lol. I've put my attention to Solar TT instead, best I can find is Marla's 11:12 run on youtube. I think Solar might be one of the levels I know the best ( at least I'm very consistent with it after learning a route on Operative that allowed me to sprint the entire beginning while keeping stealth.. ) Everything I learned about this level applies to Classic difficulty as well, and comparing to Mahrla's record, I can be a full minute ahead when I get to the first elevator just before the big console room.

What is your time for Solar TAS on Classic? I think I could come close for this one ^_^
Edit history:
FitterSpace: 2016-06-27 10:26:10 am
My full playthrough .dtm is pretty unoptimized but i'm watching it right now. I'll write down each IGT it gets and post them all here again. The last list i posted had a bunch of levels missing because i didn't write them all down haha.
Also that 11:12 TT on YouTube is not very good. With the times you've been posting here lately, i fully expect you to destroy that time by at least 2 minutes.
Metal + Speed = Life
Nice estimate, I was thinking sub 9 would be a nice goal actually lol. You probably blow through the level quicker then that on your full games runs.
Yeah i'm sure i've beaten the level faster than the TT before.
Also i'm not sure if you know, but I'm pretty sure it's faster to run with the pistols instead of assault rifles or SMG's. In the Call of Duty games, you sprint longer and faster than you do when you have heavier weapons. I'm sure this game is the same way.
Also from my testing, i believe mashing A is the most efficient way to sprint, but it's hard to test since i'm not sure how long it takes to fully recharge your sprint.
Dam: 9:11
Facility: 8:42
Airfield: 3:56
Nightclub: 7:42
Carrier: 6:52
Outpost: 5:14
Bunker:
Archives: 11:06 (bad)
Tank: 4:12
Station: 4:47
Memorial: 8:06
Jungle: 8:16
Solar:
Cradle: 13:19

So i watched the .dtm and these are the times i was able to get. Unfortunately it desynced in Solar so i couldn't get that one. Also i went afk during nightclub and missed bunker because of it. It sucks because i really wanted to see what time it got on Solar.
Metal + Speed = Life
Your Airfield can definitely be improved, if I'm not mistaken the TT is on Classic as well right? My best for Airfield on Classic is 3:52..

And can you test out something about sprinting for me? I'm not certain how it works, but if you interrupt a regular sprint at about 2/3 or 3/4, and immediately mash sprint after, it will interrupt the reload extremely fast ( probably 0.2-0.3 seconds max). I can't consistently do it, but when I have a long straightaway it always helps.
I see what you mean with the sprinting trick. For some reason Dolphin's debug mode isn't working for me. Normally i could look in the game's memory and be able to see how much sprint i have left. That would make it really easy to tell the most efficient way to sprint.
I can't seem to get the animation interruption more than once. I'm not sure if i'm doing it too quickly or too slowly. I see potential with that strat. Hopefully one day one of us can figure it out.
Metal + Speed = Life
With TAS I think it would be easy to do it too fast. Id be guessing 2-4 frames between the reload and sprinting again.
I can test it when i gain control in Dam after the autoscroller. I'm sure i can figure something out.
Metal + Speed = Life
Just found a 9:39 TT of Solar on youtube by Nerrellicious, pistol and hawkman only. Lots of time saves are apparent so thats good news for me hehe