Sad
<- 1  -   of 32 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Viking it up
Linking this here for Rezard.  Came to the conclusion that his bridge route just before DV mini is always faster than geysers, so I wanted to optimize that spot as it's always been a backup for me so I wasn't that bothered by it being a little slow.  So here's a good boost position that will give you a decent amount of speed going up the hill after the bridge, as long as you divekick out of the boost:

http://s23.postimg.org/gf2wiq8iz/dvboost.png

Quote:
Also, can I just say - as weird as it's going to sound - you have an excellent voice for tutorials.

Thanks, I take that as high praise.  I've always been far better at analysis than execution.
Guess I'll post this here as well.
Timing setups to get the first zip on Thermal Base: http://www.twitch.tv/moriella/c/6053759

Screenshots for the visual cues (jump when the platform reaches these spots):
http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387596088
http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387596173
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 04:34:04 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 04:33:41 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 11:06:07 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 11:05:49 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 11:05:19 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 11:04:38 am
Awesome. Thanks.

Oh, HDL, was re-watching some of your testing and you were wondering about why/when Milla drops the 2nd water shield in FD2. The rules are:
- Always drops one when you approach a given air vent for the first time
- Will attempt to drop one during the moment you reach a specific amount of remaining air; 1 'stage' before the blue bit of the breath meter becomes a perfect circle.  Note, it doesn't check if you're "at x air or below", it checks for "at exactly x air left".
- Cannot be dropping 2 shields at the same time and doesn't queue things up(i.e. if a call is made to give a shield while she's already busy giving one, the call is dropped)

Every time Milla refused to drop a 2nd shield, you either got there too late and the shield drop events overlapped, or got there so early that getting the first shield prevented you from getting low enough on oxygen.
Here's something that I'm not sure if anyone else has discovered yet; turns out on the Earth ship in SB if you can time it exactly right you can get enough height from an uppercut into a cyclone and  get lifted by the turbines.

Here's it is, fresh off Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gregsiris/c/6055159
Fast forward to 4:02 for a decent example of it being used in the actual fight.

What isn't pictured is that if Lilac gets hit while in the air it allows her to cyclone again. It might be able to result in a quicker fight, but I'm not sure how much time going to all this trouble would save though if any.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-06 04:01:34 pm
Meteor Swarm
Nyow i understand a bit the tb first skip but i just hate it. Don't care if i loose 10 sec i don't think i will use it, at least for marathon or anything related.
third skip seem a bit weird, i managed to pull it 3 time in a row.. now i can't do it anymore. Did i have to press down after the boost ? .. because i can't remember how i managed the first time..

New pb pour dv with 2:52:35
Quality is awful cause i accidently used the wrong encoding...
http://www.twitch.tv/rezard/c/6055975
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 05:44:19 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 05:43:37 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 05:24:54 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 05:23:34 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 05:22:50 pm
I went faster again (43:41.50)
http://www.twitch.tv/mylexsi/c/6056521
Really happy with this one; No huge obvious mistakes, like...y'know...dying. Lots of smaller ones littered about that added up, but hey, there wasn't any particular point in the run where I made a complete fool of myself.
And yeah, sub-43 is definitely possible. Just damned hard. I've got ~45s of leeway from my SoBS. That's about 3.7s per stage i can get away with...just, most errors cost you more than that.

Quote from GregSiris:
Here's something that I'm not sure if anyone else has discovered yet; turns out on the Earth ship in SB if you can time it exactly right you can get enough height from an uppercut into a cyclone and  get lifted by the turbines.

Here's it is, fresh off Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gregsiris/c/6055159
Fast forward to 4:02 for a decent example of it being used in the actual fight.

What isn't pictured is that if Lilac gets hit while in the air it allows her to cyclone again. It might be able to result in a quicker fight, but I'm not sure how much time going to all this trouble would save though if any.

Nice, that's actually a fair bit faster(4 seconds? i wanna say 4 seconds). Cool find.

Quote from Rezard:
Nyow i understand a bit the tb first skip but i just hate it. Don't care if i loose 10 sec i don't think i will use it, at least for marathon or anything related.
third skip seem a bit weird, i managed to pull it 3 time in a row.. now i can't do it anymore. Did i have to press down after the boost ? .. because i can't remember how i managed the first time..

If you want a good alternative, there is also a way of doing the old-method first skip that's faster; not as fast as clipping through a descending barrel but not far off; Stand on top of the big barrel nearest to the long ceiling barrel you wanna get into, right at the edge, and uppercut. You should get damage-boosted into the alcove by the fire. No idea if it's consistent, never tried it, only seen it once, but worth having a try if you hate the other method so much.

As for the 3rd(water) skip, land up-left of the hole you wanna get into, run against the jetstream, and boost just as(maybe a slight moment before) you're pushed off the edge. Hold as far left/down as you need to based on where the boost goes off.
Viking it up
Quote:

Which would mean no metal shield for Robo-Phoenix, so I'm going to say not worth it, unfortunately.  You can get very quick hits on RP after a yellow laser attack if you're immune to the lasers.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 05:44:47 pm
Watch his example video; He slaughters that miniboss. While using a metal shield.
I think he was referring to the option of not bringing a metal shield to the miniboss to take advantage of getting hit in mid air to kill it quicker.
Mmh, yeah, that makes more sense. Thought he dismissed the whole thing because no metal shield.
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-02-08 02:56:30 pm
Kligan: 2015-02-08 01:32:30 pm
Kligan: 2015-02-08 11:47:17 am
Kligan: 2015-02-08 11:46:53 am
Kligan: 2015-02-08 11:46:39 am
Kligan: 2015-02-08 03:06:32 am
Kligan: 2015-02-08 03:05:40 am

My new good run. Did couple mistakes, so it could be -2 seconds. But I'm satisfied with this time. 4:10 is possible. Sub 4? W/o radically new route or some new zip is impossible, imo. So, I'm done with SB.
Now to sub 4 JC... It just bothers me so much that I CAN do it, but haven't done yet.
And after that, moving on to Trap Hideout finally. I got a request to try to make it sub 3  Cheesy
With my turtle pace I won't be doing full game runs any time soon. But I'm perfectly fine with being IL runner Smiley

Edit: 4:01.32 JC! *throwing things around and crushing furniture* embarassedembarassedembarassed

Edit2: 4:00.96  FOR F... SAKES! AAARGH!
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-08 07:39:30 am
Meteor Swarm
I just don't believe how i stupidly messed a sub 2:50 run (maybe 2:48) in dv... Accidently pressed boost way before the boss was coming out... result i ad to chase him around for like 3 sec... and i still subed 2:52...
Now i'm almost constanly existing the ant room at 34 mark. Even did at very late 33 once.
I managed once to kill the mid boss at early 1:03 mark , couln't get the same setup anymore.

I did it! I actually did it! O_O
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-08 04:15:22 pm
grats dude!
Aaaaand now I feel obligated to try to beat that time with Lilac. That will probably a whole non-stop day :|
Neat. I really need to go get a run out there after I get done with this work I've been putting off.
Quote from Mylexsi:
grats dude!
Aaaaand now I feel obligated to try to beat that time with Lilac. That will probably a whole non-stop day :|

Oh, come on! Wasn't it enough that Lilac steals the kill on Serpentine every time, now you also gonna steal my glory? Cheesy
It just feels wrong to have a Carol time be faster than a Lilac time >.>
Viking it up
Synn and I have caught up on the leaderboard submissions, thanks for your patience.  Some notes:

- Mylexsi, your FD2 IL time could not be verified because the video is chopped in half.

- Strife has mentioned possibly patching the Mantalith phase skip soon.  If this happens, and we confirm the phase skip to be impossible, times that contain the phase skip will be flagged and the affected players contacted to ask for a new video.  This will include Relic Maze IL times AND full runs.  The game's technically still a beta (grrr....), so these are just the growing pains we're going to have to tolerate.  There's no other way to run the leaderboard that will be fair to everyone.  Just making sure I warn everyone now.

- If you submit multiple full runs before we get a chance to review any of your videos, we will verify the fastest full run time first, and then go back and check your ILs from the other videos for new best stage times.  Don't worry, everything's being checked.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-09 03:11:35 am
Meteor Swarm
I don't care about mantalith. But if holo dragon is ever fixed. I don't care i will run the game on the current version. And use the updated for casual.
Still unless if the glitch is annoying or game breaking. I'm against glitches fix. Especialy when they don't broke at all the game.
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-02-09 04:12:41 am
Mantalith phase skip is not something you can do consistent enough to count as a viable fight strategy. Not as Carol atleast. So that it will get removed is actually a good thing - you won't have to rely on luck to get a time save.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-09 08:29:02 am
Rezard: 2015-02-09 07:56:47 am
Rezard: 2015-02-09 07:55:57 am
Rezard: 2015-02-09 07:55:29 am
Meteor Swarm
Yes i agree for that.
godamit.. I managed to do a perfect DV ,leave the ant room at 33 mark. Killed the mid boss at 1:02.. hit the boulder switch at early 1:45.... then controller softlock for no reason
i'm utterly pissed , if i could finish the stage w/o any mistake it would be sub 2:48.... no way i can redo that...
is there any trick for the jump before the invulerability crystal ? this cost me lot of reset..

btw bouncing on the wall for the bridge is pointless.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-09 09:28:45 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-09 09:18:52 am
Mantalith phase-skip being lost doesn't bother me. Holo-dragon quick-kill would bother me greatly.
Mostly bothered about having a potentially unbeatable time on my records; it's either have an awkward time checking PBs or delete everything

Quote from Rezard:
is there any trick for the jump before the invulerability crystal ? this cost me lot of reset..

If you go flying over it you're doing it too late. No trick I know of to make it easier to time correctly though; Just gotta get used to it.

Quote:
btw bouncing on the wall for the bridge is pointless.

You mean before the miniboss, right?
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-09 09:51:30 am
Meteor Swarm
Yes before. If you boost right you won't get any bounce at all.  Even if you bounce the result is slightly better than having to double bounce.

This game is a troll.. sub 2:50 seem out of reach for me.. Everytimes something bad append
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-09 11:14:16 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-09 11:13:24 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-09 11:11:53 am
Prettymuch everything I can pick up to help you shave that last bit off. timestamps are video time, not in-game time.
If it saves 0.1s, i'm mentioning it. Even if I think you already know it.

0:44 - that's no faster than just running
0:49 - could've divekicked a fraction sooner
0:51 - Jump later if you can; you keep more horizontal momentum. And try to DK onto the back end of the geyser hole.
1:13 - waited a second
1:20 - DK'd a little too late; didn't keep momentum
1:28 - you can jump the moment you hit the slope
1:33 - obviously, got caught on the log for a moment, but generally if you want to DK actually down something, let the jump go on for a moment first, otherwise it's just floatey.
1:39 - groundboost. You get to charge it while moving so it goes off a little earlier. hold jump the whole time and DK just before the apex. Also I have never ever seen the Snake be there. He cost you lag frames.
1:40 - didn't quite hit the slope with that.
1:43 - jumped too early; Wait until you're about halfway through it levelling out; You get less airtime and go down sooner.
1:44 - I don't do it because i personally find it a pain, but you can cyclone over that gap and it's slightly faster.
1:52 - Went too far down before boosting; Going across the ground there is slower
2:00 - obvious what happened, but it happens less if you kick out of the cyclone sooner.
2:04 - missed the actual slope. Again, don't always DK as soon as you jump.
2:09 to 2:14 - I'm not sure if boosting on the first and DK on the second is faster, but logically it should be; I get 3 boosts during that section and you get 2.
2:30 - stand on the left of the hole instead; You'll get the damaging hit off sooner
2:43 - no need to wait until you're in the middle to cyclone.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-09 12:34:05 pm
Meteor Swarm
I was just slow at 1:13 and messed up right before the end.
No i won't take the end waterfall part with a ground boost anymore. I messed up two solid  pb because of that. I absolutly loath this tech.
Yeah i think getting 3 boost at rock section is faster.