Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-03 05:26:25 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-03 05:26:07 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-03 01:59:05 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-03 01:58:08 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-03 01:57:14 am
Quote from Rezard:
Unless there's some secret mechanics i don't know , i don't see how its possible to get somes of thoses time.. Like sub 6 is glacier seem totaly impossible for me, i can't sub 6:30 yet so saving like 40 sec seem totaly out of the way

Avoiding these situations is why I post videos of my runs T_T
http://www.twitch.tv/mylexsi/c/6019438

If you go to my Twitch Highlights, I always keep highlights of my fastest runs there. If you're wondering about routes/strats or just want to check and see if there's anything faster you might not have thought of, check it out. Hell, check it out anyway; It's always worth watching other peoples' strats, even if their overall time is slower(there's always the chance that they went faster in 1 bit but lost time elsewhere).
Besides, those routes are all prettymuch amalgams of other peoples' runs already.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-03 12:04:54 pm
Meteor Swarm
i watch others ppl run , i just can't get hit for glacier first part.
Also managed to exit the ant screen at dv1 at 34 seconds mark (3 time acctualy) if i don't mess up i'm getting almost the 35 mark constantly now.
I was into a very solid PB.. then i messed up badly in the end...

I just got an excellent DV1 part 1 ( ... then i messed up the boost before the switch at the end.. i hate this game sometime

Also about jumping on the ladder or running on the wall.
If you manage to don't grab at all the ladder when you jump its a tinny bit faster. But if you accidently grab it running on the wall is faster.
Viking it up
I will be incommunicado for the next couple days, went to the hospital last night with major abdominal pain.  Turned out to be a kidney stone, and I'll be staying with my parents for observation until this is over.
Quote from johannhowitzer:
I will be incommunicado for the next couple days, went to the hospital last night with major abdominal pain.  Turned out to be a kidney stone, and I'll be staying with my parents for observation until this is over.

Aw, crap...
Get well soon!
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-04 03:53:52 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-02-04 03:28:56 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-02-04 03:25:42 pm
How do I properly verify stuff on the leaderboard?
Because Moriella's full game Lilac run. verified. 51:35.84 IGT.

EDIT:
Sub-45 hype!
http://www.twitch.tv/mylexsi/c/6040756

And...I died during that run :|
Lost a minute in the last 2 stages alone :|||
Must do better :||||||
Y'know, I may never be satisfied with my runs, but honestly I'd have no idea what to do if I ever got one I was completely happy with.
Viking it up
Hopefully I'm back.  It's been a couple days and no sign of any stone, so the going theory is that I either passed it in the hospital without realizing it, or it broke up.  Holy hell that was a lot of pain though.

Six weeks left until SGDQ signups, that's over a stage per week to learn from here out, and of course I'll want to learn faster so I can fine-tune.  Best get cracking.

Quote:
How do I properly verify stuff on the leaderboard?
Because Moriella's full game Lilac run. verified. 51:35.84 IGT.

That's great, although I still have to run the video alongside Livesplit to get a real time evaluation.  Whether or not we choose to switch over to pure IGT eventually, might as well retain all data for now.  Not that it's a burden, I enjoy doing this and watching people's runs, and Synn's already helping a lot.  I can add you as a verifier if you like and give you editing permissions - just remember to run a timer when you watch the video so you can write in the real-time.  Smiley
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-05 12:23:23 am
Meteor Swarm
There's no way to verifiy if a SS is 100% legit or not. Stage transition in rare case can have a different loading time... Well i got that only one time.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-05 02:03:41 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-05 02:03:14 am
That's great, although I still have to run the video alongside Livesplit to get a real time evaluation.  Whether or not we choose to switch over to pure IGT eventually, might as well retain all data for now.  Not that it's a burden, I enjoy doing this and watching people's runs, and Synn's already helping a lot.  I can add you as a verifier if you like and give you editing permissions - just remember to run a timer when you watch the video so you can write in the real-time.  Smiley

Yeah, sure.
Just making sure, but, the timing(for full runs):
- Starts on the selection of character(i.e. the last button press before the first stage is loaded)
- End as Brevon takes his final hit(i.e. on the "NO!", and before "nobody hurts milla!!")
right?

And for ILs It'd be from the first frame of movement until the last frame that the stage boss is alive?
Viking it up
End when the crystal count for FD4 reaches zero.  At least that's when everyone's been doing last split in their VODs, so that's what I've been using.  No real-time necessary for ILs, just full runs.

Also, a note: since we don't have any pairs of full-game runs yet in the same category where one is faster IGT and the other faster RT, which we use doesn't yet matter.  In fact we don't yet have two full game runs in any one category verified (!), though that will change as soon as Moriella's is posted.
Quote from Mylexsi:

Ugh, people forcing me out of hiatus, just let me take a break already!  Looks like I need to hurry and get that sub 43 now.
Meteor Swarm
Thanks you windows update pc reboot for breaking a "i presume" sub 50 pb..... i think. Cause i was good.
I hate this game...
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-05 09:46:34 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-05 09:42:39 am
Quote from HDL:
Ugh, people forcing me out of hiatus, just let me take a break already!  Looks like I need to hurry and get that sub 43 now.

Finally!
Fuck, seriously, I've been waiting for that for ages.
Also, sub-43? My sum-of-bests is 42:49. That'll be hard...still wanna see if I can hit it before you though B)
Ahh, I'm actually properly excited about getting home and speedrunning again.

EDIT:
Almost forgot. What I came here to post in the first place.
Are we gonna do the knowledge base ever? Could help draw more people in
Edit history:
HDL: 2015-02-05 03:46:55 pm
HDL: 2015-02-05 09:51:41 am
Sub 43 is possible with my current sum of best, which doesn't include a lot of newer strats (have yet to complete ILs with a lot of new stuff).  My current run is 2 minutes slow even with my outdated stuff.

Once I finish ILs with newer stuff it should be well under sub 43.  If my sum of best is around or under 42:30 then I'd definitely consider sub 43 feasible for single segment.  Thing is I've been pretty lazy on this front and also invested in several other projects taking up my time.

I had made a FP page on the KB but I haven't had the time (or motivation) to work on it.  Feel free to use my S3K Tails page as a template, though.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-05 11:54:20 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-05 11:51:22 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-05 09:55:56 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-05 09:55:44 am
Aye, I know it's possible. I can cut probably another minute off my sum-of-bests anyway(~10s TB, ~15s BG, ~30s FD4, few more seconds here n there). I'm still gonna have a lot of trouble with it though; I only just got within 2 minutes of SoBS, I'm gonna need to get within 1 minute with harder times.
Don't get me wrong though; this excites me Cheesy

And Re: KB - Will do, cheers. I'm still apprenticeing at work and noone trusts me enough to give me anything to do yet, so...plenty of time to work on it. At least the Lilac stuff. Other people are gonna have to do the other characters.

EDIT:
Yet another TB skip; ~5s saver, props to krellator.
http://a.pomf.se/hoehwo.webm
Viking it up
I told you I would crack the first TB zip, and I cracked in 15 minutes tonight.  I have a 100% consistent setup for it.  The window for success is actually massive; the setup takes a couple seconds, but there's nothing stopping you trying setup-less before you go for the setup.  If you get it setup-less, yay, if you don't, the setup is there and you will succeed second try for sure.  I did it like fifty times on stream tonight and every time when I did the cyclone I was correct about what the outcome would be - I only missed it when I botched the setup, which is easy.  This trick is solved.
Meteor Swarm
i don't get how it work for the first zip. Its totaly random for me. So i keep with the old way.
I told you I would crack the first TB zip, and I cracked in 15 minutes tonight.  I have a 100% consistent setup for it.  The window for success is actually massive; the setup takes a couple seconds, but there's nothing stopping you trying setup-less before you go for the setup.  If you get it setup-less, yay, if you don't, the setup is there and you will succeed second try for sure.  I did it like fifty times on stream tonight and every time when I did the cyclone I was correct about what the outcome would be - I only missed it when I botched the setup, which is easy.  This trick is solved.

Awesome! Lemme see.
Meteor Swarm
third tb skip is easy. Still i don't get the first one, i keep getting pushed out and got it right like 1/50
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 06:02:27 am
One, many or all of these factors may be involved(im not sure which or to what degrees)

Horizontal position(just to the right of the blue trim next to the window in the background)
Vertical position(So that the barrel, fully extended, goes to where Lilac's feet are)
Timing(Getting into the barrel just as it's finished extending, and being at the top of it just as it begins to move left)

Best I've found, if you get there fast enough, i line up horizontally while standing on the last large barrel on the floor as it comes out, then jump straight up and cyclone with a certain timing. As long as I get my moment to line up I tend to get it, but I have no idea how to describe the timing because I do it by feeling/muscle-memory/whatever.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-06 06:13:15 am
Rezard: 2015-02-06 06:10:12 am
Rezard: 2015-02-06 06:09:25 am
Meteor Swarm
can do with all barell ? i use the windows as a reference but its quite large.

Also i don't get this game... I got a 2:53:xx pb in dv.. I was like 3-4 second late at mid boss kill , and i loose like 2 sec after the bridge switch.. still i got a 2 sec pb form my previous run who was better..... in almost all area.
Viking it up
http://www.twitch.tv/johannhowitzer/c/6052814

Highlight from my stream last night; explanation of the visual cues I'm using, the explanation is as clear as possible so it will be useful even to new players.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 07:07:01 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 07:06:35 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 07:06:22 am
Quote from Rezard:
can do with all barell ? i use the windows as a reference but its quite large.

Also i don't get this game... I got a 2:53:xx pb in dv.. I was like 3-4 second late at mid boss kill , and i loose like 2 sec after the bridge switch.. still i got a 2 sec pb form my previous run who was better..... in almost all area.

Export both runs to youtube(unlisted) and then watch them side-by-side. It's ridiculously useful. If they're not quite sync'd, just pause-buffer.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-06 07:09:21 am
Meteor Swarm
Couln't get the skip once in 30 min of non stop trying scew this one.. definitively.... when i try to go random it work... sometimes. When i try with the right setup it never work.
Viking it up
Rezard if you're able to stream right now I can watch and maybe tell you what you're doing wrong.  Or later, whenever.

IMAGE GUIDE!  http://s14.postimg.org/etl792yld/tbzipguide.png
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 10:24:44 am
Mylexsi: 2015-02-06 10:23:40 am
Alright, cool(finally got around to watching that). It's nice to know that it's never gonna take more than X amount of time no matter what, and with a quick arrival I can improve my chances of getting the zip first try.
I will say though that the 2nd long barrel from the ceiling is the third cycle; You can still do the zip on the 'shorter' ceiling barrels.
Regardless, great step forward for consistency.

Also, can I just say - as weird as it's going to sound - you have an excellent voice for tutorials.