Sad
<- 1  -   of 32 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Mylexsi:
I don't see much point in using real-time for this game anyway, tbh. So, no problems with that.
Also, might actually submit the rest of my runs.

I agree with Mylexsi - In majority of cases in-game time is more than enough. Even reset skips like in Relic Maze eventually lead to saving in-game time because the faster you react, the more time you'll save.
So I see no problems whatsoever with using in-game times for IL runs.

Quote from johannhowitzer:
I'm also fascinated by the fact that all three characters often take very different routes through a given stage.  We're using a lot of the terrain, not a single beeline through one fixed path, because of the robust collection of moves available.  Even individual characters often have choices to make, especially early game, like the higher/lower paths in DV2.  Incredible stage design.

I was thinking about the same thing when I was watching how Lunadash and SynnChrist doing their runs. We all have different styles and routes.
I'm often watching their runs to see how I can optimize my routes, but at the same time I still keep alot of my own stuff because its either gives the same result in terms of time saving, or has really negligible difference and not worth training for switching for a different strat.
I also noticed the difference in combat style. For example, Synn likes to use curl+claw attack alot. I prefer kick attack and energy management.
Meteor Swarm
I confirm guaranted quick kill for holo dragon and its not hard at all to do.. Now he's not a problem anymore.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-28 06:55:36 am
Wait, guaranteed? So, that spot behind the flames(or is it just off the walkable ceiling on the left side?) is always vulnerable during the flame attack? Even if he wasn't vulnerable before? Or is there something else I'm missing?
Because you can just boost straight through the eye as he's doing his right-to-left dash before the flames(so long as you got the eye flashing). The timing isn't even precise.
Has anyone ever tried to attack that spot before though? Are we sure that it wasn't just overlooked?
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-01-28 10:17:26 am
Kligan: 2015-01-28 10:17:02 am
Kligan: 2015-01-28 10:15:09 am

I did it with Carol! When I said that I think it's possible, I didn't thought that I would actually be able to do it Cheesy
The video of it is here.
Meteor Swarm
Well just do (basicaly the same) (placement ect) and its almost 100% quick kill guarentee
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-29 08:24:52 am
Ah. Different setup, same result.
Yours is probably a little faster actually; The phase changes over based on how far away from you the head gets, so boosting the opposite way gets you to the beam attack sooner.
Viking it up
Got another 4:08 RM tonight, along with 4:43 SB and 4:27 FN.  Stage movement is getting super clean everywhere, my main problems are still the bosses, but now I understand Robo-Panther a lot better.  Spade isn't too bad either, it's mainly the final miniboss in SB and the Robo-Peacock now.  Also learned about a third of Jade Creek.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-01-30 12:51:44 am
Rezard: 2015-01-30 12:50:36 am
Rezard: 2015-01-29 09:27:42 pm
Rezard: 2015-01-29 09:25:58 pm
Meteor Swarm
I was into a fucking good FD1 with no mistake, garanted sub 2.. was in the middle of the boss fight. Suddently i eard a windows sound.
Controller unpluged for no reason.... Wait what...

Kay that kinda sucks, i was doing a full game and i was neither recording or streaming.
I ad a bad fd3 (at least  10 seconds late when i reached the boss) , withouth the fireshield. But i don't get how i just obliterated her way faster than normal (with fireshield), I was never abble to do like that before (hit otg, air boost when she does her air move).
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-30 01:58:42 am
Quote from johannhowitzer:
the final miniboss in SB[...].

Jump + Cyclone
Go to left corner. Wait a sec. Boost up-left(from ground)
Kick it on the way back down
Left corner, ground-boost up-left, kick on way up
kick on way down.

probably the fastest method. Works every time.

About the peacock, it's just getting used to its movements i guess.
My general strategy is to stand on the leftmost boat-missile facing right, and kick repeatedly until it passes me, then drop off and finish off the rest of the feathers. Note: Doesn't work on the first phase or after a lightning attack.
Cyclone-ing when there's only 1 or 2 feathers left is generally a good idea.
And I like to do a floatey divekick through it as it's finishing the lightning attack.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-31 06:33:05 am
Mylexsi: 2015-01-31 05:25:41 am
We figured out how holo-dragon works and got it actually 100% consistent.
http://www.twitch.tv/mylexsi/c/6007564

Explanation:
- Boss becomes vulnerable when: It 'despawns' to do an attack while no orbs are being rendered.
- The right edge of the arena is right up against the edge of the void(beyond which nothing is rendered)
- Only the back-most orbs wil be on-screen when the boss 'despawns' on the right side.
- Those are the only ones you actually need to kill. And it needs to be when the boss is off-screen to the right. (although you might as well take out a bunch of orbs while you wait)

Strife, if you happen to be reading this, please don't fix it. This boss is so frustrating without the quick-kill.

EDIT: Also, this is possible
http://www.twitch.tv/mylexsi/c/6007819
Feel free to fix that one, it's insanely precise.
I spent 3 days on this level alone... I give up - I can't make sub 4. I'm terribad! I'm getting 4:05-4:10 all the time T_T

This is my best attempt. Ironically, that one actually had a chance to be sub 4, but for some bloody reason I got myself stunlocked by Serpentine, RIP run... The entire time I spent on Jade Creek I got stunlocked only twice. Butthurt intensifies!

On the bright side - still good time though.
Dude, Sub-4:00 is hard enough with Lilac. That you even came close with Carol is insane to me.
Also, :28. Mid-air reversing ftw.

So. I got my first (good) Single-segment run today :3

Also I've been murdering my PBs all day: Fortune Night, Sky Battalion, Pangu Lagoon, Final Dreadnought 1 & 3...
Oh, and I matched my Thermal Base PB to the milisecond. That was weird.
Meteor Swarm
Dwang i need to train level individualy more.. but i hate that.

Still i possess now partial power of the bird solider.
Edit history:
SoundFX09: 2015-01-31 09:53:35 pm
DDR Player. what else should I say?
I'm Sure a lot of people have gone through Dragon Valley a lot faster than I have here, but might as well show you my best right now.

Played on the Demo Version, I will buy the Full Version soon enough.

I can improve this, but it will take me time.
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-02-01 02:00:23 am
Kligan: 2015-02-01 01:36:55 am
Kligan: 2015-02-01 01:35:00 am
Kligan: 2015-02-01 01:32:46 am
Kligan: 2015-02-01 01:32:44 am
Kligan: 2015-02-01 01:32:43 am
Kligan: 2015-02-01 12:10:03 am
Quote from SoundFX09:
I'm Sure a lot of people have gone through Dragon Valley a lot faster than I have here...

Current record in our leaderboards belongs to Mylexsi with 2:51. You can check leaderboards for every character here: LINK
We always welcome new people! Smiley

Edit: Sorry If you caught my unedited message earlier - I just woke up and messed up reading your post completely Cheesy
Sometimes i'm full derp mode, I apologize.
After I got out of shower and had my energy drink I thought to myself "Wait a minute.. did i just...". So I came back to fix my mistake.
Note to myself: stop reading and posting on forums when you just rolled out of bed, you moron!
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-01 09:03:53 am
Meteor Swarm
found a setup on glacier. Just after one of the early segment, When you enter the place with the drill worm. If you do an uppercut just after the dead tree in the background, you wont go like the regular way. Definitvely save a couple of second. And if yoou manage right with 1 jump (the character won't take any slope) you can get to where the health leafs are
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-02-01 11:30:53 am
Hm. I used to groundcyclone-jump there but between the difficulty and meter use, i elected to just run down the hill.
May or may not be worth, depending on just how much time is saved; there's the hangbar cycle a little later to think about. I can usually hit the ~45s one(or, 15s after entering that screen)and it's about a 4s cycle, for reference. So....maybe?
S'pose in either case it'd be worth if just for consistency.
Meteor Swarm
I generaly reach the first bar around 41~43 and the second at 50~53 with that (depend on the first level part).
Viking it up
SoundFX09, I worked for two weeks on the first screen of Dragon Valley before I really had a solid grasp on what I was doing at each point.  After that it got easier and faster to learn the rest of the game.  Stick with it, there's a lot of tech to learn, you can check out what others are doing by using the video links on the leaderboard Kligan linked above.  This game takes a lot of work, but it's worth it!

Sub 3 minutes DV hype?!
Nah, I'm kidding. I have absolutely no clue how to save 11 more seconds here Cheesy

And I wish Mylexsi was right about RM stopped being so darn hard to run the more I practice... But this level is still my worst enemy. It is just so... Frustrating! So many jumps and tricks that are extremely easy to fail. Plus that god damned trollwheel in yellow section - Carol is getting stuck there randomly going up and going down. It sometimes can cost 2-3 seconds. The Claw miniboss! If I kill him with 7 kicks, then I got perfect timing on pickaxes later on to avoid getting damaged and slowed down. If I kill it fast with 2 pounce+claw and 3 kicks, then timing on pickaxes got screwed up and it is impossible to avoid taking hits. Not sure which way is faster in the end. Then there's Mantalith... Miss one attack - he goes jumping all the way across the arena like no big deal... Huge time loss.
Yep, practice makes perfect.
Set a a time for yourself to beat that's really hard(but definitely possible), and just keep going until you beat it. Tends to work.
You might never be completely consistent to your standards, but your average time will improve dramatically.
Quote from Rezard:
I generaly reach the first bar around 41~43 and the second at 50~53 with that (depend on the first level part).

Forgot about the half-way bars. I was talking about the 2nd set; above the drill enemy & past the bombs.
I might be on the verge of a semi-breakthrough with the Dragon Bumper, but I need to test it thoroughly to make sure it works. If it does, it'd make the Serpentine 1 fight a lot faster and be a viable method.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-02-02 08:47:41 pm
Meteor Swarm
Unless there's some secret mechanics i don't know , i don't see how its possible to get somes of thoses time.. Like sub 6 is glacier seem totaly impossible for me, i can't sub 6:30 yet so saving like 40 sec seem totaly out of the way