--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:36:31 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:34:50 pm
Quote from johannhowitzer:
There is a submission form link under the image.  It's hidden between the trees.

Oh, damn! DERP! Sorry I managed to miss that huge blue text somehow Cheesy

Edit: Lilac players, could you confirm that you are able to make quick kill trick for helicopter mini-boss? I'm just curious if you can do it as fast as Carol, because idk if Lilac can actually turn that fast to reach the elevation in time. I noticed that boss'behaviour varies depending on when you reached the elevation. sometimes it goes on top of the screen and kills itself by clipping through the ceiling. Sometimes it doesn't do what needed and goes the other way...
Viking it up
Twitch highlights are good enough.  If you don't have a timer, I can run one while verifying your video and put the time in for you (I would do that anyway to verify the time you entered is correct).
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-26 04:41:02 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-01-26 04:38:24 pm
Mylexsi: 2015-01-26 04:38:13 pm
Quote from Kligan:
Lilac players, could you confirm that you are able to make quick kill trick for helicopter mini-boss? I'm just curious if you can do it as fast as Carol, because idk if Lilac can actually turn that fast to reach the elevation in time. I noticed that boss'behaviour varies depending on when you reached the elevation. sometimes it goes on top of the screen and kills itself by clipping through the ceiling. Sometimes it doesn't do what needed and goes the other way...

We don't fight the helicopter: We fight Spade there instead.
EDIT: Although if we ever needed to instantly turn around...Lilac slides across the ground a bit while charging a dragon boost. So it'd just be a matter of sliding one way and boosting the other.

Quote from johannhowitzer:
Twitch highlights are good enough.  If you don't have a timer, I can run one while verifying your video and put the time in for you (I would do that anyway to verify the time you entered is correct).

Fair point.
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:52:21 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:42:13 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:40:48 pm
Quote from Mylexsi:
We don't fight the helicopter: We fight Spade there instead.

Oh! Yeah, I remember now. Sorry, I only finished the game with Lilac just once Cheesy

Edit: johannhowitzer, I think you should add the link to leaderboards and submission form to our steam group as well, so that it won't drown in this thread.
Viking it up
Had a stream to do tonight but I don't tomorrow, so I'll start checking the submissions then.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-01-27 01:55:59 am
Rezard: 2015-01-27 01:54:01 am
Meteor Swarm
found a strat for FD1 airlock area.
seem faster but not sure yet.

Also thermal box skip can change the stragegy for FD3 in two spot, because this skip can mess up all the box in the game.
So if you train all level before thermal , and you did thermal once before, restart the game (full restart) if you train all level after thermal , do at least thermal once (with box skip)
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-27 02:03:16 am
I've seen someone else using that strat and measured it; it's the same speed, unless I don't get damaged by the tv-box-head-tank-thing after the 2nd ladder, in which case the upper route is slightly faster.

Also I was under the impression that all boxes just mess up randomly; There's always a random missing box or 2 in the box-skip room, and boxes tend to do odd things here and there beforehand(like, y'know, 'dat box' from FN)
Meteor Swarm
yes thermal box skip mess up all the game box randomly.

as for FD1 you can manage to bump into the left spring > upward spring, thats clearly faster but way too tedious. Since its godam easy to miss it.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-27 02:44:46 am
I meant before you even do the skip.
I don't even boost up that ladder at all; Too easy to get flung out to the right instead and get thrown out the open airlock.
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-01-27 09:02:45 am
Kligan: 2015-01-27 03:16:18 am
4:43 Relic Maze! Oh my God! I'm so hyped I barely can contain myself! Cheesy
I took some new strats from SynnChrist and mixed with mine, so kudos to him! The result is amazing! Check out that boss fight, it's so good... until the moment when I bumped into crystal flower and got confused and didn't know what to do for a split second Cheesy

Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-01-27 06:07:07 am
Rezard: 2015-01-27 06:02:48 am
Meteor Swarm
Think i found an improvement for DV1 by not taking the corkscrew . Managed to leave the ant screen at late 34 mark (was fading). And i did two 35.  Find a small time saver before the mid boss (dive kick) managed to kill him at 1:05:xx
Edit history:
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-27 04:00:06 pm
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-27 03:57:42 pm
Viking it up
Making a major change in how I said times would be considered on the leaderboard...

I will use real-time for only the full-game runs, and switch to using ingame time for ILs.  IL runs do not share the same ingame time issues, such as segmentation, and there are issues with using real-time for ILs as well.  For example, IL times achieved during a full game run would not adhere to standard timing rules for this game, which has timing starting at stage select.

There are a few minor issues with using ingame time for ILs, but I believe they are overshadowed by the advantages.  One such example of an issue is the Giga Serpentine cutscene skip, which saves real-time but costs ingame time.  Thus the IL record for FD2 would likely be achieved outside of a full run.

On this note, I will be removing the real-time field in the submission form since I would have to verify it while reviewing the video anyway.  I'll just time all submissions myself.  On the bright side, it means it's very easy for me to automatically update your IL times when you submit a full run, if you happened to beat any of your IL records.

If you disagree with this decision, feel free to provide me with your reasons and I'll consider them carefully.  Smiley

Synn also mentioned that I forgot to break the times up by difficulty.  Since difficulty is only a factor for full-game runs, this is easy to remedy.  As everyone currently runs on Normal and Hard, only those difficulties will be noted, and anything below will not be considered.  If a decent-sized community forms around Casual or Easy difficulty, I'll consider adding sections for them.

PLEASE NOTE!  Some people have asked me if they can submit an image showing their Time Trial menu time for a stage they already have a good time on.  Sorry, this is not something I think we can do - the most important part of a leaderboard is its integrity and fairness, and I am not prepared to tell certain people they can do this, and later deny others the same shortcut.  It sucks, but you're going to have to get the time you want again.  This goes for me, too - my 4:08 Relic Maze isn't going on the leaderboard.  I will also not be verifying my own times - I'll need at least one other person for that.  No self-verification.

A few people have said the need for video proof is an inconvenience for them, as they don't want to be constantly streaming their practice.  This isn't necessary - all you really need to do is get the free version of Bandicam or similar software and a Youtube account.  The rest is a piece of cake, and it just means a few more clicks when you reset a stage.  Videos don't have to be neat and clean, they just have to contain the necessary proof - just don't expect me to go rooting through an hour of attempts looking for the one with the lowest time.  Wink

One last minor thing - verification will be done in order received.  If you submitted first, you're getting verified first.  No fast-tracking someone down the queue, no cherry-picking, no favoring ILs over full runs to get more times verified faster.
I don't see much point in using real-time for this game anyway, tbh. So, no problems with that.
Also, might actually submit the rest of my runs.
Viking it up
This is going to have a side-effect I should have thought of but didn't... discovering new players and their strategies.  Yuuki_S has some interesting ideas in Dragon Valley, especially concerning the use of ground cyclones.  That move seems to be a staple of his style.
So I'm starting to figure....there are 3 kinds of people in this world:
- Those who cyclone
- Those who divekick
- And those who uppercut.

In all seriousness it's cool that the mechanics are diverse and viable enough that we can all actually have our own little styles like this.
Meteor Swarm
i use all 3 now. Since i found about keeping speed with dive kick.
Viking it up
I'm also fascinated by the fact that all three characters often take very different routes through a given stage.  We're using a lot of the terrain, not a single beeline through one fixed path, because of the robust collection of moves available.  Even individual characters often have choices to make, especially early game, like the higher/lower paths in DV2.  Incredible stage design.
Hey guys, I'm from the Live-A-Live thread (that kinda went nowhere), and Mylexsi might know me as MuuvStehpah from his Twitch stream page. I showed him a video earlier of a technique that I call Dragon Bumper, which is to be used against Serpentine 1 (Fortune Night mid-boss):

It's about 11-12 seconds, which was only as fast as the known method, but I went back to try and optimize the technique, deciding to see how it'd turn out if Lilac was aerial before using Dragon Boost:

Around 3 seconds faster I think, and Serpentine drops immediately to the ground which saves time because he's not getting bounced around like a hacky sack. Grin
Meteor Swarm
Acctually that's very close to the serpentine tech i use.
Interesting, it's possible that your tech does faster consistent damage, but also leaves Serpentine open to use the attack that leaves him invincible. I wanted to see if I could cram as many individual hits into a cycle as I could, hence him jittering around like that.
Meteor Swarm
Ok look at this. Because this is quite interesting.
Did you like, leave active frames from the Super Dragon Boost on the screen for the boss to run into? I'm not exactly sure what happened, lol.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-01-28 12:11:25 am
Rezard: 2015-01-28 12:05:47 am
Meteor Swarm
I don't know for the kill , i just redid it again (4 time now ><). dafuq this game ?
Well that's a consitant way for quick kill. You can still mess up and don't get yellow eye after 1 cycle.
It's possible that the dragon's eyes are invisible but still available to attack as the flames come down since, well, technically he's breathing the flames from the background, right?
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-01-28 12:14:00 am
Rezard: 2015-01-28 12:13:43 am
Meteor Swarm
I think thats it, the eye /dragon is here. but the flames hides thems.
When i redid it before, i clearly saw is eyes when i hit them around the same position.