Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-24 05:26:43 am
Mylexsi: 2015-01-24 05:20:38 am
Mylexsi: 2015-01-24 05:19:45 am
Mylexsi: 2015-01-24 05:18:37 am
Mylexsi: 2015-01-24 05:16:27 am
Quote from johannhowitzer:
I don't think Mantalith phase skip saves any significant amount of time over what I did this morning.  Took me 4 seconds to get his arms off, another second to end the phase, and 4 seconds or so for him to return to where I could hit his arms.  Phase skip would only save some of those initial 4 seconds, which unless you could find a setup that requires zero time, means the phase skip will probably break even.  Maybe it would save a second or two, but the added difficulty and potential inconsistency doesn't sound worth it.

I'm very open to being proven wrong, though.  Would love to see a Mantalith fight video that saves time over getting perfect phases.  Smiley

Assuming those estimates are correct, that comes to 41 seconds( (4+4+1) * 5), -4 because coming down for the first phase doesn't count).
This fight takes 37 and includes a rather costly mistake.
Also, if you can find a way to drop the 3rd phase before it finished roaring and does its first attack, that would be awesome. As it stands, the only time loss I need to make to get the phase skip is to let it complete its jumps in that 3rd phase(if it starts them), to ensure that it still does them in the 4th.
Edit history:
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-24 11:20:46 am
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-24 11:20:26 am
Viking it up
Then my estimates were off - I was just making up numbers since I didn't have a video and was in a hurry to get to work.

Still possible the phase skip can save a second or two in an ideal fight, but I ended the later phases significantly faster than you did trying to set up the phase skip.  If you hadn't skipped the last phase, it would have taken you only a few seconds to kill him.

Seems to me that it's something we should be trying to get without having to spend time getting him set up, if that's possible.  Mantalith phase skip seemed a lot more important when we were still a lot slower at fighting him; phases nowadays are really short.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-24 01:25:22 pm
You say 'we'...that last phase takes me a fair amount of time the normal way. And my only setup(that takes time) is allowing p3 to complete its jumps. It's a few seconds, but definitely less than what p5 takes.

Anyway, finally got Battle Glacier down:

Fuck me that level is hard to run. Almost screwed a bunch of things up but salvaged it in the end. Looking to optimise the bit just after the miniboss(2:40-ish) some more.
Also, the Dail fight: climbing the wall like I did is worth, but only if he has a full shield and you can do it twice. Honestly, if playing optimally(i.e. you get 4/more hits at the start, and never miss otherwise), I think best policy is fight normally until he after he fires purple shit everywhere, then start climbing walls.

--

Aaand I improved some PBs and stuff, although the video quality got shit for some unknown reason.

Since noone can tell me what makes the holo-dragon quick-kill-able, I had to guess. Thing is, I've tried all sorts of shit, and all the things you'd think might affect it...don't. Including just how many of its back-orbs you destroy; I've had the kill with over half of the orbs left, and conversely I once had to knock it all the way down to just 3 orbs remaining. The only common factor I've seen - and this makes absolutely no sense - is that it only happens when i run all the way up the wall on the side. Maybe it's something to do with knocking orbs out while running vertically? I dunno. All i know is that that's the only link I've got.

And then some other re-runs:

2:08 for a small route change/optimisation.
EDIT: Mantalith phase breakdown, for comparison purposes(Johann, only you know how fast you kill it. Use these numbers to compare:)
First number is fight-start. Each number after that is the head taking damage.
(3:21 - 3:22 - 3:29 - 3:40 - 3:51 - 3:55)
p1: 1s
p2: 7s
p3: 11s (this is the one i wait on)
p4: 11s
p5: 4s

Faster MetalShip miniboss kill (0:50-ish), less mistakes.
Edit history:
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-24 09:25:03 pm
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-24 09:00:57 pm
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-24 07:15:24 pm
Viking it up
Of course I'm only going on memory, since most of the time I still have problems killing Mantalith optimally.  But I will see if I can beat those numbers and get back to you.  For science! Smiley

Edit: Hey!  I got the phase skip to happen... by accident.

Okay, twice now I've had a phase skip without setup on phase 3.  You need to burn his arms off just before he jumps, then his head goes red and you put a little damage on as he's starting a jump, then damage him again as he's landing to the right.  Zero setup, guaranteed time save, but I haven't been able to do it intentionally.
Viking it up
Found a new time saver.  On the first cave screen of Relic Maze, just after the first pickaxe, you can boost while swinging down on the hang bar - you don't have to wait until you jump off it.  Should save about a second.  Only works when Lilac is in rolling sprite, if the hang bar swings all the way down you can't boost while she's in hanging sprite.

Edit: got 4:08.13 RM - with a bad Mantalith.  Few more things to add, I think, and I need to grind out the boss hard, but otherwise I'm really consistent now.  Most of my times have been 4:15-4:25.
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-01-25 12:41:42 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-25 10:38:24 am
Kligan: 2015-01-25 09:36:32 am
http://i.imgur.com/SeDVr2f.png
My thumbs... they burn!
I found the way to optimize Mantalith kill with Carol pretty considerably. During this run i made several mistakes that caused like 2-3 seconds loss.
Now i'm sure i can do RM sub 5! Even more so.. I THINK, that If done ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY, Carol can even knock out both hands before the battle starts (as in the achievement)

Edit: God damn it! I made it 5:00 three times now! I just... can't make it! T_T

Edit2: By the skin of my teeth i made it Cheesy 4:59 - and i made some mistakes, and even managed to fall of the truck lol
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-25 03:42:03 pm
Nice one, dude!! Keep it up =D

As for me, fruits of today's labour. 9 straight hours of streaming.

Besides that one mistake right at the end, very happy with this. Damn near a perfect run.
sub-2:00 is very happy-making anyway, so. woot.

Mostly decent. Need to implement some of Rezard's stuff. because faster.

There's also a half-decent FD2 run in here somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it and it probably has me talking to stream chat over the top of it, and i never got a run i was actually happy with anyway, so bleh. I'll see about that tomorrow.
After that, FD4, a little extra practice/refinement, and then I can finally move on to single-segment =D
Viking it up
Finished learning FN, got a 4:44, blergh.  Robo panther is the main problem.  I'll watch some fights and try to fix it.  Figured out how to skip Serpentine's flamethrower though, and the stage is pretty solid... except those awful ziplines that tend to send me straight down or backward.  Also found a new(?) trick in a long-disputed section that is unequivocally faster than what seems to be done by everyone currently.

In the area just before the three elevators, when you use springs to climb up to the first elevator just after one of those spike vacuum cleaner enemies, Rezard suggested boosting up and left (or up and right?) into the area with the last set of springs, cutting a corner, but normally you wouldn't have any meter left and be going slow.  So what I see people doing is taking the springs normally, then boosting into the elevator at the top.

If you boost up left and ricochet off the wall, you can reach the floor with the vacuum enemy without using any springs, and then do a slopedive on the end of the bridge.  You only have to go slow for a few seconds.
Edit history:
Rezard: 2015-01-26 04:13:01 am
Meteor Swarm
Turned RM to 4:19.
And for the mantalis last phase , if you time right an uppercut to his right claw (two hit) a quick slash then insta boost to the left you can destroy both arm in one turn.

For dreanought 3 , the problem is , if you go to fast you will get hit on the first reactor part. So you must "don't go optimal" , also if the second reactor hit you after the xbox door , it mean that you are late.
There's a trick at the end on the fast loop part with the last card, you can avoid all of thoses and go directly into the springs, i don't know the right timming or position but this is extremely hard. I can pull it like 1 time over 200
4:43 Sky Battalion so far... That's actually not good time at all. Because for some reason, I can't manage damn helicopter fight. :\
It seems easy, but cursed thing avoiding me like a plague. Chasing it around is no use. And waiting for it to come down wastes time.
Does it has fixed pattern? It seems like it's dive-rockets-bombs but i'm so stressed and annoyed during that fight that I can't memorize the pattern.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-26 01:07:56 pm
Quote from Kligan:
4:43 Sky Battalion so far... That's actually not good time at all. Because for some reason, I can't manage damn helicopter fight. :\
It seems easy, but cursed thing avoiding me like a plague. Chasing it around is no use. And waiting for it to come down wastes time.
Does it has fixed pattern? It seems like it's dive-rockets-bombs but i'm so stressed and annoyed during that fight that I can't memorize the pattern.

I remember hearing something about keeping it off-screen making it somehow hit itself with its own missiles. 5-second kill, so i hear.

I just got 2:08.62 on FD3. Would've been sub-2:05 but i cocked up it up on the boss ;_;
Quote from Mylexsi:
I remember hearing something about keeping it off-screen making it somehow hit itself with its own missiles. 5-second kill, so i hear.

I would like to see that... If that works, that's really cool.
BTW, Your FD1 run looks amazing! Cheesy
This is all I've got: http://fp.boards.net/thread/1717/copter-blows-bug
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-01-26 01:26:03 pm
Quote from Mylexsi:

I'll try to do it later. I hope that it actually works. Too bad there's no video.
Edit history:
Mylexsi: 2015-01-26 03:14:23 pm
[quote="Mylexsi"I just got 2:08.62 on FD3. Would've been sub-2:05 but i cocked up it up on the boss ;_;[/quote]

And here's that run

It's a lot of fun(and informative/useful) to watch like this.
I think this would be really cool to race in.
Also, getting through the boost corridor (0:55 onwards) like that is hard. The kick over the fire shield has to be ludicrously precise.
Edit history:
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-26 03:46:21 pm
johannhowitzer: 2015-01-26 03:45:11 pm
Viking it up

Submission form

Using a Google spreadsheet for now.  When a lot of players start submitting times, I'll think about buying a domain and doing actual wordpress or HTML or Java or whatever it'll take to do something more professional.
Edit history:
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:43:39 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:43:29 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:43:16 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-26 04:16:49 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-26 03:49:36 pm
Kligan: 2015-01-26 03:49:20 pm
I spend last hour trying to figure out how exactly helicopter fast kill works. It kills itself not with rockets, but with its bombs.
Basically, the thing is - you need to make sure that the boss will be bombing elevated platform at the begining of the arena where you fight it. That way bombs explode directly beneath the boss and damage it pretty hard.
I'm uploading a video of my SB run where I did a fast kill so you guys can see how it's done, because explaining "on paper" is not enough. I'll add the video to this post as soon as youtube is done processing it.

Using a Google spreadsheet for now.  When a lot of players start submitting times, I'll think about buying a domain and doing actual wordpress or HTML or Java or whatever it'll take to do something more professional.

It asks a permission to view it, so I can't access it Cheesy But good job nonetheless!

Edit: Sky Battalion 4:33 with fast helicopter kill trick (skip the video to 1:58)
Viking it up
Fixed, thanks for letting me know.
Fixed, thanks for letting me know.

I think you've missed one tiny thing there... Different characters can't compete for the same levels Cheesy
Viking it up
Yeah, I just duplicated the sheet twice.  I'll fix that right away.
Meteor Swarm
problem with FD3 is the fucking corridor truck...... seriously why they have to put that just here.
Viking it up
Disclaimer: if the submission form gets inundated, I will be pointing at people and going "You.  Verify videos."  Unless people want to volunteer, of course Smiley
I've uploaded the run with fast helicopter kill trick in my previous post. Decided to mention it once more because since then there's been some more discussions Cheesy

So, how exactly do I submit my times to leaderboards? johannhowitzer, Could you explain for the dumb ones like myself? I never used google spreadsheet or whatever its called. I can't seems to edit anything there.
Viking it up
There is a submission form link under the image.  It's hidden between the trees.
Quote from Rezard:
problem with FD3 is the fucking corridor truck...... seriously why they have to put that just here.

I used your video to find a reference point for when to start the uppercut: Between the 2 windows in the background.

Also, decided to go ahead and do try my first single-segment despite not having learned FD4. 48:19.16....everything went better than expected. A couple of deaths(mega serpentine, brevon3), thermal base time wasn't that good. Otherwise...i actually did okay. I think. Seemed to fly by in real-time >.>

Speaking of which, johann: I don't record real-time. Is that a problem?