List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Edenal: 2014-06-19 08:01:26 am
Edenal: 2014-06-19 02:08:59 am
Edenal: 2014-06-19 02:05:51 am
Hockey enthusiast
In order for us to effectively plan and minimize picnics / setup times we are going to be needed additional information about how you are planning to run your game. While you can argue that you've already submitted it once during your submission, but information can get lost in translation / interpreting.

To give a few examples:
Last year Tetrissphere was run on a RGB modded Japanese Nintendo 64. The game itself was PAL. It worked fine on the TV and would have been fine to capture with the proper equipment, which Oazis had brought, but we were taken by surprise by the curve ball and could not make it work in time.

Some games with multiple releases were assumed to be played on their original system which in this instance was the Sega Genesis which would output 240p video which we were prepared to capture. Instead the game was ran on the Nintendo Wii in PAL60. Which we at the time was only able to capture in RGB due to it would have to be converted to YPrPb first. 

Nintendo Wii is a separate story itself. With it being soft-modded and the region switched from PAL to NTSC, you effectively loose the RGB comparability and part of the capture setup last year relied on a certain type of signal and frame rate.

What we want you to do.
Fill out your game/s only. No blank fields.
When you are done, highlight it yellow. And the tech crew will green light it.

Document is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1APvfKpZnpDp61MnFtJRnsTysjVKX_758RVEjFQ0aGts/edit#gid=1462989992

Examples of video output:
Composite, S-video, RGB, Component (YUV / YPrPb) for retro consoles.
For PC-games resolution. (800x600 - 120hz, 1280x720 - 60hz, 1920x1080 - 59.94hz)
For newer consoles like Playstation 2, GameCube, Xbox and later. Go into your system settings and check. If it's 240p, 480i, 576i, 480p. PAL60.

Example of cables:
Composite, S-video, SCART, VGA, DVI, HDMI

If you fail to fill out this information, we will provide you with a console of our choosing. No questions asked.
Same goes if you provide multiple cable types, we will choose one.
Thread title:  
The cake is a lie
I tried to fill the infos for my game, but since it's already on PC I didn't know what to fill for Video Output and Cable :s
Hockey enthusiast
Updated the main thread to add examples of video output / cables.
The cake is a lie
.done I guess Smiley
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-06-19 03:41:48 am
Precursor
Is region of game needed when it's a digital release and doesn't actually make any difference? Also, what's preferred for HD games, component or HDMI? I'll bring my X360, but it doesn't have HDMI. I can easily play on another non-slim X360 with HDMI with my HDD, though, so I'll go with whatever's easiest for you.

Edit: Also, given that I've only used a DS capture device, like, once 1½ years ago, I think I'd appreciate if Greenalink could fill in the video output and cable fields on the NDS game I'm going to run, Umihara Kawase.
from PAListan
done...but i can bring my N64 RGB modded US console with a RGBcable to the event. Only to be save.
Edit history:
Edenal: 2014-06-19 03:41:40 am
Edenal: 2014-06-19 03:41:16 am
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from KennyMan666:
Is region of game needed when it's a digital release and doesn't actually make any difference? Also, what's preferred for HD games, component or HDMI? I'll bring my X360, but it doesn't have HDMI. I can easily play on another non-slim X360 with HDMI with my HDD, though, so I'll go with whatever's easiest for you.

Region does matter for Ps3/Xbox360 consoles, but not the digital releases of the game. NTSC Xboxes does not have PAL60 output from what I understand. And PAL60 is a freaking nightmare. We're only equipped to handle 2 sources with PAL60 at the moment.

In theory, both component and HDMI works. However, we have no way of getting the audio from HDMI into the audio mixer. We can possibly feed it straight into the capture card, but that would be bothersome to say the least.
So we'd like to go with component only if possible.

To my knowledge, PS3 / Xbox360 both have a good component output. Wii-U/XboxOne/Ps4 I'm uncertain about, but we have no games on those systems so it doesn't matter! Smiley

Quote from exe:
done...but i can bring my N64 RGB modded US console with a RGBcable to the event. Only to be save.

SCART RGB cable?
Awesome that you will be bringing a RGB modded N64, we can never have too much of those!
DS Dictator
.done
Changed the time on New Super Mario Brothers 2 from 1:05:00 to 35:00 because I don't want a bid war between Warps vs Warpless.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-06-19 03:52:33 am
Precursor
I guess this would actually be the place to mention, too - Uncraft Me! is a game released on Xbox Live Indie Games. To play XBLIG games, the console has to be connected to Xbox Live. Thus, I'm going to need to have the console connected to internet when playing that game - is there going to be any issues with that? I'm assuming not, but best to make sure.

Edit: Heh. "XBLIG games".
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Greenalink:
.done
Changed the time on New Super Mario Brothers 2 from 1:05:00 to 35:00 because I don't want a bid war between Warps vs Warpless.

This document is only for the tech crew. But I double checked the other document where the schedule crew have taken notes or all changes that still needs to be made, and the NSMB2 change is in there. It's going to be adjusted Smiley

(I like the .done-meme going on here!)

Quote from KennyMan666:
I guess this would actually be the place to mention, too - Uncraft Me! is a game released on Xbox Live Indie Games. To play XBLIG games, the console has to be connected to Xbox Live. Thus, I'm going to need to have the console connected to internet when playing that game - is there going to be any issues with that? I'm assuming not, but best to make sure.

Internet is no problemo. Thanks for the heads up!
from PAListan
Quote from Edenal:
SCART RGB cable?
Awesome that you will be bringing a RGB modded N64, we can never have too much of those!

Oh yeah SCART of course.
You can never run enough games
.done for MP3 and for my GCN version of Ty which I would be running, although I didn't highlight it since Henjoness hasn't filled in info about his copy.
プラズマ
Im not very good with this kind of stuff, so I just put in what Im using myself.

That said, I can bring my modded NTSC N64 and the voltage converter that comes with it.
In case its needed, that is.
Smörgåsbord
Done!
Edit history:
thiefbug: 2014-06-19 05:59:43 am
thiefbug: 2014-06-19 05:58:01 am
done
done for as far I could
Edit history:
KVD: 2014-06-19 07:55:36 am
KVD: 2014-06-19 07:55:35 am
KVD: 2014-06-19 07:55:35 am