Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-05-17 02:14:01 pm
ESA: 2014-04-28 08:02:10 am
ESA: 2014-04-01 12:31:57 am
The Important Stuff

Sign-ups
The European Speedster Assembly sign-up form is here: http://goo.gl/KCvT0G

We will use this form to help us keep track of how many runners and attendees will be at the event so that we can plan and adjust accordingly. Please ensure that you enter your information in this form - even if you've submitted a game.

A separate topic for payment (with the discounted price) will be posted on the 18th of May.
Please sign up using the form as soon as you can confirm you're attending - the sign-up numbers will help us to determine a number of things, such as including prices and the layout of the venue.

- Important dates
Deadline for discounted sign-ups: 20th May 17th May
Posting of Payment Thread (with price): 21st May 18th May
Deadline for payment: 27th June (one month before the event)

- Pricing
The initial entrance fee is €50 for the entire duration of ESA.
Alternatively a 2-day pass is €25, which can later be upgraded to a full-time pass.

Attendees that pay in advance of the deadlines will benefit from a scaling price that is dependant on the total number of attendees. The initial target for the scaling to start is 80 attendees - we are expecting to exceed this considerably, so the price you pay is very likely to be less than the initial €50.

The entrance fee will be recalculated with every additional 10 attendees over 80.
For example (approximate costs):
100 attendees would pay €40 each.
120 attendees would pay €33 each.
150 attendees would pay €27 each.

However, after the deadline for payment  has passed, the price for attending will be set at a flat €50. This is a process used by a number of similar events (Dreamhack, etc.) - whilst we aim to offer the discounted price, the costs and time involved in refunding payments is considerable. We hope to deliver an event which is well worth the €50 so please still consider attending if the deadline has passed - the extra money will be put aside for ESA2015, so you will also be playing a part in making future events a success.

Accommodation
There are two options for accommodation: Mass-housing and a hotel. Mass-housing is considerably cheaper, but likely to be less comfortable than the alternative. You are welcome to combine the two options and stay part-time at each venue if you choose.

- Mass-housing
The mass-housing is a large hall that you will share with other people - ideally you will have own travel bed, but if not we will endeavour to help you acquire one. This is based at The House of Culture in the Freja Hall (as used in ESA2013) and can be expanded to the nearby Loke Hall if necessary.
The cost of this starts at €25 for the entire stay, but the price will decrease the more people use it - the scaling cost for the mass-housing starts at 40 attendees. We expect the final cost for the mass-housing to be approximately €15. The walking distance to Nyeport is about 5 minutes.

- Hotel
The recommended hotel option is the Quality Hotel Prisma. - http://goo.gl/K6DVKA
The hotel offers double rooms only for 260 SEK (€27) night per person - this includes a breakfast buffet and free wifi. This hotel is only a minutes walk from Nyeport.
You will have to make the reservation directly with the hotel using the reservation code: 78951. You need to be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation, if you are underage, you can stay with someone who's 18+. You can pay on site either with cash up front or register a VISA/Mastercard on arrival and pay when you leave.

The reservation code ONLY applies when contacting the hotel through email or by phone. Not through online bokning.

Contact information for the hotel:
Phone: +46 (0)500-48 80 00
Email: q.prisma@choice.se

Our Budget
Entrance fees
- €4000
Calculation based on 80 attendees paying €50 each. (50*80=4000).

Twitch ad revenue / subscription:
- €750
Funds generated from ads or subscriptions will be used to fund the event to make it cheaper for attendees. Please note that charitable donations made online are separate to subscriptions.

Total: €4750

Costs:

Equipment we need:
- 2x PEXHDCAP: €100 each
- 4x SCART-splitter: €25 each
- 2-5x LCD HDTVs: €400-1000
- Misc. hardware: €500-700 (See hidden)
- Additional SCART / RCA cables
- Various power extensions
- HDMI-cables for scalers
- Splitters for PC gaming (VGA/DVI)
While these items are not strictly required, having additional standardised equipment will reduce setup time for all races on PC and all four-player races on console. These runs have a tendency to ruin schedules and we do not want that to happen.

Miscellaneous 
- Breakfast/Late night meal - €150 each day over the main marathon (€1050 total)
- Badges €100-150
About These Fees:
Badges are use for security purposes to ensure everyone is easily identifiable that all people present have paid.
The shared food was popular last year and to help reduce the cost in the long run for our attendees, we will be catering breakfast/late night food - this will decrease the cost for each individual. This food will be made at a set time each day, but it will be available to attendees when requested in order to ensure that no-one misses out if you’re asleep or running.

Rent
- Nyeport [Stream HQ, Practice room, Kitchen] - Free of charge thanks to a great deal with the municipality of Skövde!
- Storage for equipment/televisions - €600

Total: €3800

Buffer: €1000
A 25% buffer of the total budget has been included as contingency to cover unforeseen expenses such as hardware failure.
Calculation based on 25% out of 80 attendees paying an entrance fee of €50. (4000*0.25=1000).

Summarised:
Required Income: €4750
Costs: €3800
Total: +€950 (The 20% buffer).

General Information

The European Speedster Assembly is a community event that is organised and run by volunteers - this involves dozens of people with a range of expertise, hundreds of hours of planning, and a significant financial backing. The finances involved are raised through attendance - by staying independent we are able to develop ESA in a way that is most beneficial for our community and the attendees. The crew volunteer their time freely in order to ensure that the event reaches it's full potential - something truly special, as opposed to an uninspiring basement gathering.

We believe that being transparent with the finances is the best approach so that the community and attendees can understand the costs involved. There is a risk to this, but we feel that our attendees deserve to know where their money is going - especially as you are the ones funding this, without your contributions events like ESA would not be possible.

To give the best possible price, the fees for the event will change based on the number of attendees - the more people, the cheaper for everyone. We aim to make a high quality event that is great value for money, the final cost for those paying in advance of the deadline will be announced on the 18th of May when the payment thread goes live.

Please note that the decisions regarding budget and pricing are essentially set in stone. We have tried to hit a middle ground between getting the money to make a great event and to make the event very affordable. We are not saying that we will not change things if we get significant negative feedback, but generally these things are not open for discussion.

If you do have feedback, please try to keep it constructive. Feel free to post it in this thread. Please note there will be a live round-table discussing the payment live on the ludendi channel at: 13:00 UTC+1 (Remember daylight savings!)

Questions?
PM this account.
Email to: questions@europeanspeedsterassembly.com
Tweet our twitter account: @ESA_Official_
Thread title:  
[Reserved]
Precursor
Signed up. Get hype.

Thought there'd be some field for when you were planning on arriving and leaving, though.
Signed up.

My first time at a marathon so I am taking the more comfortable hotel route, hopefully it wont be needed in coming years. Wink
Signed up.. A summer without ESA is no summer at all <3
And yeah I'm for the mass housing..
Signed up.

Was only at esa one day last year because of work, will be there the whole time this time porbably.
The cake is a lie
Signed up o/
Signed up

Hopefully, will spend great time during my first ESA :3/
Signed up! Currently seems like I can be there so hype is real!
Smörgåsbord
Signed uo! Mass-housing ftw!
signed up
signed up Cheesy
Signed up!
Edit history:
winkl0r: 2014-03-29 09:39:49 am
Signed up!

Like last year, HOTEL DONGERRACE ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
meh
signed up
Signed up! First ESA is gonna be hype!
Signed up
Quote from Svenne:
Mass-housing ftw!

Oh please, you didn't even need it last time OpieOP

I signed up too, I probably won't stay for all that long this time but never the less I will be there hopefully. Like last time, I still don't know whether this will be a 100% confirmation of my attendance but I will try my best of course.
Signed up¨!
twitch.tv/OC1_
Signed up. I will go comfort strats and stay at the hotel.
Signed up, hyped for my first ESA TriHard
Signed up!
The Duce
Signed up!

Masshousing chosen as well Smiley
twitch.tv/prutte
Signed up. Hotel masterrace.
Signed!

I'm not sure what my full legal name is, so I just filled in all of my middle names. If that's a problem then give me a heads up and I'll find it.