Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Joka: 2014-07-14 03:42:30 am
Joka: 2014-06-23 03:00:25 am
Joka: 2014-06-23 02:57:05 am
Personal text
Hi!

We are currently in the process of fixing up the schedule after all the feedback we received on the first draft (thank you!). In this stage we would also like to know what incentives you might have in mind for your game(s), so we can plan accordingly.

Go ahead and propose incentives for your game not listed on the schedule or remind us of some obvious ones that you already know we'll have. If there is no issue, we will add the incentive to the list. If we need more clarification or do not think the incentive is a good idea, we will reply to you in this thread. I know a lot of you have been messaging us in random places about certain donation incentives you wanted to add to your runs. But even if you already did that, please post again in here so we can remember to add it to the schedule.
Be sure to include how much time each incentive adds (if any).

Current list (including bonus games suggested in the games thread):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vc17143jmm1cAQ5ai6TYM04Av9YGWDeQPBgl7Ug08FY/edit#gid=0
- I need more information about those marked red.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Joka: 2014-07-18 02:54:27 am
Personal text
Mega Man 8: Anime cutscenes!
Adds ~12 minutes

Mega Man ZX: Anime cutscenes!
Dunno how much this adds. Maybe ~5 minutes?
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2014-06-23 03:02:32 am
The cake is a lie
Leaf Me Alone : Softlock showcase after the run
Adds 5 minutes at most.

I remind you that I might be able to get a skype call with the developer of the game. He hasn't been very talkative lately though :/
Edit history:
Trineas: 2014-06-24 05:21:33 am
Trineas: 2014-06-23 11:31:27 am
Trineas: 2014-06-23 05:14:10 am
Trineas: 2014-06-23 05:14:03 am
プラズマ
Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon

Double Impact theme sing along
Adds no time.

Yae's Costume
Adds ~30 seconds. (RTA)
Phantasy Star Online:

Episode 1 vs Episode 2: Although you wanted me to run Episode 1, it would be nice to see if people are interested in Episode 2, because it's a bit harder (and also less forgiving), but it's much more interesting. In case you want to know my PB/WR, it's at 1:02:01. With worst RNG, it will take around 1:15. If you want me to run Episode 1, I'm totally fine as well.

Character Name: twelve digits, it decides, what weapons drop frequently and which ones don't.
Edit history:
Baffan: 2014-06-23 06:28:59 am
I will put this in a Spoiler box because it would be too big if I didn't.

Tales of Symphonia NG+
My PB is 6h34 and I can improve until ESA. But let's consider I will do a 6h40 run for ESA. My estimate is currently 7 hours.

- Kratos 1vs1 blindfolded+bongos
The main thing I want to do is the Kratos 1vs1 fight blindfloded AND with Bongos from Donkey Konga as a controller ( http://www.mariocube.nl/upload/Donkey_Konga549856131.jpg ). The bongos have A B X Y and Start buttons which are enough to do fights if I have the good strategy. Which I do.
Adds ~30 seconds

- Tethe'Alla Bridge blindfolded
There is a very long bridge that is a straight line. So, of course, let's do it blindfolded!
Adds ~10 seconds

- Brawler Raine Coliseum
There is a 1 player vs 3 soldiers fight. Why don't we use the weak healer with a broom brush to clean them?
Adds ~1 minute

- Voice acting
There are a ton of epic moments where voice acting could be really funny.
Adds ~3 minutes

- Final Boss Mania Mode
NG+ are dumb, too easy, meh, blah blah etc... At least do the final boss in Mania Mode!
Adds ~3 minutes

- Kratos instead of Zelos
Why don't we kill Zelos in order to get Kratos? He is a truly manly man, girls will love him.
Adds ~1 minute

- Swords Dancer
I could do an optional boss that is ridiculous in NG+, but people could be happy to see it.
Adds ~5 minutes

Which makes +14 minutes so 6h54. And I don't think we will keep all the incentives so it's good with the initial estimate.

Besides, as you may know, Players 2 3 and 4 will be true other players. We will probably do 3 teams of 3 players for the 3 big parts of the game.
I don't know how much time it will add but maybe ~5 minutes

Besides, I have (permanent) bid wars ideas too:
- Character on screen
- Characters in party (top 4 are selected, maybe we can do the #1 on screen)
- Costumes
(Characters are Lloyd, Colette, Genis, Raine, Kratos/Zelos, Sheena, Presea, Regal)
Smörgåsbord
North & South:
Donation War between South and North on who is gonna win the Civil War. Also donation for doing strange soundeffects! (Estimate stays the same)
Edit history:
Kynos: 2014-06-23 01:28:04 pm
Kynos: 2014-06-23 01:27:48 pm
Kynos: 2014-06-23 01:27:36 pm
Kynos: 2014-06-23 01:26:55 pm
Kynos: 2014-06-23 01:26:52 pm
Kynos: 2014-06-23 01:26:52 pm
Kynos: 2014-06-23 01:26:26 pm
Final Fantasy VII

- Renaming the characters
Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aerith and Red XIII can be renamed (Cait Sith will share Cloud's name and Cid cannot be renamed).
Note: 1-9 of the following characters: A-Z a-z 0-9 "," "." "+" "-" ":" ";" " "
adds < 1 minute

-To Omnislash or not
In the final battle, on can use Omnislash or just wait for a counter-attack.
adds ~ 20 seconds

-Killing Emerald and Ruby Weapon
Killing FF7's two optional superbosses is a very nice addition to this run. It will add yet more glitches and be overall even more entertaining and mind-blowing.
adds ~ 35-40 minutes (Estimate should then be 3:30)

-Killing Diamond Weapon
Diamond Weapon is not an optional superboss but killing Diamond Weapon in this run will trigger an array of very weird cutscenes and FMVs (it basically retells Aerith's death in a most hilarious way).
adds ~ 8 minutes
Speed is all that matters.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

- Dress and Suit colors
Adds basically no time.

- Chocobo name
Adds basically no time.

- Killing Aeronite (Superboss)
Adds about 15 minutes and was already included in my original estimate.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

- Naming character(s)
Adds basically no time.
Metroid Fusion: Secret Message
Notorious Easter Egg that shows up when you try to do the one intentional "sequence break" in the game. Takes about a minute to show assuming I get it first try, which honestly might not happen as it's pretty hard, reasonably shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Estimate is already pretty high so it doesn't need adjusting.
Edit history:
Alko: 2014-06-23 12:36:35 pm
Alko: 2014-06-23 12:36:24 pm
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Because there have been a few so far:

If you are suggesting naming incentives (and I am hereby very much encouraging you to do so!) please be sure to include the character constraints!
We will need to know:
→ how many characters
→ which characters are allowed (latin alphabet? special characters (accented etc)? punctuation marks? Greek? Russian? Hiragana? Katakana? Gibberish?)
Edit history:
Eidgod: 2014-06-25 06:43:34 pm
Grand Theft Auto III

-Radio Station: Donate for the radio station i will listen to while in a car
adds no extra time to the run

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

-Character Skin: Donate for a funny mystery custom character skin (trust me it will be good)
adds no extra time to the run only fun
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2014-06-23 04:10:37 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Island Peril

- Showing the glorious intro
02min 57sec

- Turning videos on (at the beginning and between each lvl there is a short clip of the enemies/Samantha aka the damsel in distress)
The clips are being played random and are 4-13 seconds long (x16), so in the worst case it could be 3min 28sec.

- Showing the extra clips + the lovely lady from Island Treats
2min 47sec + 3min
Crash Team Racing
Josh and I both agree the best incentive would be savefile name donation incentive - since there's only two drivers worth playing, and we plan to play as different ones (which would also make it easier to tell who is who on stream)

The savefile is minimum 1 character, maximum 8 characters long, and can have A-Z alphabet, 0-9 numbering, . (dot), and _ (underscore)

Mario Kart 64
For this game, the most obvious incentive I can think of is driver bid-war (between Yoshi, Peach and Toad, since they're all the fastest)
or
Something potentially goofy, like EXTRA mode playing as Donkey Kong in Toad's Turnpike with no skips (which would be multiple fails, and very painful to watch/play), but I think the best one would be a bid-war.
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut

I would rescue Malik and the people at TML for the Donation insentive,
I guess saving malik would be HYPE! Cheesy
I love speedruns!
Resident Evil 3

Donations for what costume to wear.
Gunstar Heroes

Difficulty choice between Easy, Normal, Hard and Expert
Edit history:
AMVX: 2014-06-24 10:59:48 am
AMVX: 2014-06-24 10:59:19 am
www.twitch.tv/amvx
Grim Fandango

- Choice of Balloon Animal - Dog, Cat or Robert Frost (no time added)

- Listening to Carla (adds about 1-2 minutes at max)

- Looking and reciting moon poem (adds about 30 seconds)

If anyone wants to watch a specific cutscene, I can offer that I guess. Maybe if they make their donation comment what cutscene they want?

EDIT: Because I am an idiot.
Quote from AMVX:
Also, I'm offering for any donators during my run two Kitty Hats up for grabs..

Prize thread? Wink
Star Wars: Dark Forces

Kill the Ewoks. Adds a couple of minutes.
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Spoken Language - can be set to English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch. Changed in a menu, take about 10 seconds to do. Doesn't really add anything to the game though.
Quote from DrZaph:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Spoken Language - can be set to English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch. Changed in a menu, take about 10 seconds to do. Doesn't really add anything to the game though.

Great, can we maybe make this incentive a rolling one? (like demon chocobo in FFVI)? =D
Final Fantasy IV

- renaming the characters
Cecil , Kain , Rydia , Rosa , Edward , Yang , Palom , Porom , Tellah and Cid
Note : 1-6 of the following characters : A-Z a-z 0-9 "!" "?" "%" "/" ":" " ' " "." "-" "..."
adds 1-2 minutes
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-06-25 12:28:15 pm
Precursor
Umihara Kawase
Since I've decided I want to do the longest path run as the main one, donation war between Bob's Path and Sightseeing Path, which can also be called 2-boss and 3-boss. I'm slightly more used to Bob's Path but they only differ by about five fields in the middle so I can easily grind out both a bit. Times are practically equivalent.
Also, donation incentive for me to do a shortest path run afterwards. Adds ~3 minutes.

Uncraft Me!
Given that the backgrounds in the game is a choice between either anime goddesses with boobs and varying amounts of clothes or kittens, assuming that the former would even be allowed on the stream, donation war between Anime Goddesses and Cats. (and this is the internet so cats would probably win) Can be changed on the fly during gameplay so adds zero time.
Nazo no Murasame Jou : File Name

Yeah, nothing special, this is the only thing I can think about for my game.