Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Precursor
You can either pay in advance via Paypal or pay on site in cash.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from KennyMan666:
You can either pay in advance via Paypal or pay on site in cash.

Incorrect.

Everyone pays in advance. Bank-transfer / Paypal preferred. Cash will do if you can give it to someone in Skövde.

More information will be posted later together with the sign-up / payment topic.
nope
Gotta practice and hopefully I can come as a first timer!
Looks like I can definitely make it to this one! Count me in Smiley
^ Ditto Smiley
I have a question. Will there be a decent cumputer that everyone can use or do i have to bring my own?
meh
Please bring your own. Our desktop computers will be used for streaming purposes, and I'm not sure how many people that will bring their laptops, or if they are even willing to let others use it.
:D
I'll be bringing a laptop and as long as I don't need to practice I can let other people use it for practice if there is a shortage on computers.
Are there going to be official banners and stuff to use for our twitch channels? ^^
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from RedArremer:
Are there going to be official banners and stuff to use for our twitch channels? ^^

No official, feel free to provide one Smiley

There are several floating around the intrawebs.  ( https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/speedrun_gathering_sk%C3%B6vde_sweden__august_2012_main_thread_209.html#speedrun_gathering_sk%C3%B6vde_sweden__august_2012_main_thread_209 ) in this thread is one place!
Edit history:
Kotti: 2013-04-21 04:52:53 pm
Speaking of things to be used on Twitch, I've set Moobot to automatically advertise ESA in my stream. There are two commands, one that's automated and posted every 45 minutes (!esathing) and one that can be used by anyone in the chat (!esa). Then there's !esachannel which just posts the link to twitch.tv/ludendi but that's less relevant. Here's how to do it in case anyone else wants to do the same.

Go to http://www.twitch.tv/moobot, type "!moobot join" in the chat and go to your own channel.

First, create the user activated command and make it available for anyone to use. Obviously you don't have to use that url as the message if you don't want to.

!moobot commands add !esa

!esa http://tinyurl.com/ESAmainthread

!esa toggle on

Next, add the automated command. Again, write whatever you want or copy what I have.

!moobot commands add !esathing

!esathing Get hyped for the European Speedster Assembly 2013 speedrunning marathon in July! For more information type !esa and follow twitch.tv/ludendi

!esathing toggle off

!esathing repeat on 45

And if you want to make Moobot a mod, I recommend

!moobot kick toggle off
Awesome stuff. count me in to come!
Edit history:
Noizeeh: 2013-03-26 10:27:10 am
Got it memorized?
Really cool, ill definetly go to ESA, and  i heard there is a skype group, is it possible to get an add?
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Noizeeh:
Really cool, ill definetly go to ESA, and  i heard there is a skype group, is it possible to get an add?

Contact Svenne ^^
Just a question : are prices accepted for this ESA? I mean, when I went to Japan recently, I bought the games that I planned to run in order to encourage donations  (Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4 and Maximo). They are in really good condition, and I wanted to know if they can be sent to a random donator or not?
Precursor
We're going to have prizes, yes. I would guess that we're going to start looking further into that once the first schedule has been made.
ok cool (and yes, prizes not prices Roll Eyes )
Smörgåsbord
Quote from Alko:
Quote from Noizeeh:

Contact Svenne ^^

I have an account here! :3
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-04-04 03:02:03 am
Hockey enthusiast
A-M: Very nice! Already ahead I see. Smiley

Prizes for your own games are encouraged! Though at the same time, we are going to be very selective with prizes. I believe people are more motivated to enter a prize drawing with unique artwork. Since these are less likely to end up on Ebay afterwards. Having said that, games/consoles are totally fine as prizes. As long as it's a the prize and game are the same.

Example:
Having a copy of Metroid Prime during Metroid Prime. Life's good.
Having a copy of Animal Crossing during Devil May Cry 3. Life's not so goood. And a bit confusing... Smiley
Quote from Edenal:
Prizes for your own games are encouraged! Though at the same time, we are going to be very selective with prizes. I believe people are more motivated to enter a prize drawing with unique artwork. Since these are less likely to end up on Ebay afterwards. Having said that, games/consoles are totally fine as prizes. As long as it's a the prize and game are the same.

So, erm … are plushies/cute hats/knitwork/figurines/perlers/anything else that fits to the game but isn't a drawing/painting made by someone who can do art acceptable, as long as they go with the respective games?
Examples: Batman figurine during Batman? DK plushie during Donkey Kong 64? Mario Perlers for Super Mario World? etc.
Following the stream in advance, I'll definitely be watching thumbsup
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Alko:
Quote from Edenal:

So, erm … are plushies/cute hats/knitwork/figurines/perlers/anything else that fits to the game but isn't a drawing/painting made by someone who can do art acceptable, as long as they go with the respective games?
Examples: Batman figurine during Batman? DK plushie during Donkey Kong 64? Mario Perlers for Super Mario World? etc.

Anything is acceptable, as long as it has some kind of relation to the block/game. And prizes should be worth donating for. We'd rather have no prizes at all for a game/block, than crap prizes noone would miss if they got lost in the mail.

I really hope that there will be English spoken on stream all the time. Otherwise, you can blame yourself if people are getting uninterested. I just heard there were "a ton of Swedish" spoken last year. If this is a marathon where you search for international viewers there should be none tolerance for Swedish discussions during stream.

At least that's what I think.
Speaking that was meant for viewers was always English. But some people chatted about the game in demon's language inside the streaming room, which is something we will definitely not let happen this year (at least not as long as I'm around ;))
Is there also a trailer coming such that we can spread the hype?