Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Hype trailer's under production, and I'll make a note to stick a poster up in the locale stating that English should be spoken on camera unless it's in cursing - some of us want to learn language
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-05-04 05:07:27 am
Alko: 2013-05-04 05:07:21 am
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from MrLonghair:
Hype trailer's under production, and I'll make a note to stick a poster up in the locale stating that English should be spoken on camera unless it's in cursing - some of us want to learn language

I put it on the flipchart on the head side of the room, some Swedes just chose to ignore it ('because we're not talking to the stream') Wink
And cursing should be kept to a mild minimum on stream anyways.
Well, tell them that in the stream room, English is and will always be the language spoken while streaming. If they want to discuss it in Swedish, they either get away from the stream or discuss it by whispering to each other in such a low volume that it isn't notable for anyone but themselves.
Quote from Alko:
Quote from MrLonghair:

I put it on the flipchart on the head side of the room, some Swedes just chose to ignore it ('because we're not talking to the stream') Wink
And cursing should be kept to a mild minimum on stream anyways.

I'll bring a pitch-shifter and tweak their microphones accordingly.
Personal text
Quote from Pottoww:
Well, tell them that in the stream room, English is and will always be the language spoken while streaming. If they want to discuss it in Swedish, they either get away from the stream or discuss it by whispering to each other in such a low volume that it isn't notable for anyone but themselves.

Completely agree!
Svart Lyser Tronen
A photo tour around the Kulturhus would be nice for curious people.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from quadrazid:
A photo tour around the Kulturhus would be nice for curious people.

This is the best I can do right now:

This is from Freja. There is also a "stage" on this room, which can used as a secluded area.

This is Balder. Last years streaming room.

This is Loke: Last years "bedroom"

I like the charity choice ^^
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2013-05-21 05:40:48 am
Don't want to give the tech & equipment thread with a question;
Neuvitz, I've got a device that removes HDCP signals from HDMI, I have not noticed it adding any latency frames that impede my timing-critical gaming be it a shmup, a puzzler or a 60 fps fighter. Want me to bring it along at least for on-site testing?

(Actually got two of these monoprice units, need HDMI to DVI cable + optical spdif cable and a power adapter (or stepdown 220-110) to get it working. Could sell it to you towards the end of the month no problem)
Hockey enthusiast
I don't think we will be needing HDCP removal. But bringnig it along could not hurt.

Current gen consoles will run through component to circumvent HDCP.
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2013-06-02 02:21:28 pm
e: Okay I now know what the locale looks like; visitors, please do not play with the mics hanging from the ceiling :3
We both like money! Friends?
Where will this be streamed?
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-06-03 01:15:19 am
Hockey enthusiast
twitch.tv/ludendi
But there will also be a french restream!
Only Offense Will Survive
I just got feedback. I will be @ESA this year! Smiley
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Sunblade:
I just got feedback. I will be @ESA this year! Smiley

LIKE!
I got a few questions someone hopefully would be kind enough to answer:

are you gonna be able to take showers at the kulturhus?
maybe wierd question but will there be possible to do some laundry? And by that I don't mean much but some clothes since I'm staying the entire week.
if you buy some billys or whatever is there a microwave to use?
and final question, maybe it's obvious but generally food speaking are everyone gonna buy pizza the whole time or are the some light cooking possible?

Thanks for answering! Smiley
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Zwajken:

I think this has been already answered: yes, there are showers in the house of culture.
Quote from Zwajken:
and final question, maybe it's obvious but generally food speaking are everyone gonna buy pizza the whole time or are the some light cooking possible?

Pizza every day, that would be fun XD
Quote from Zwajken:
I got a few questions someone hopefully would be kind enough to answer:

maybe wierd question but will there be possible to do some laundry? And by that I don't mean much but some clothes since I'm staying the entire week.
if you buy some billys or whatever is there a microwave to use?

Laundry? I don't think so.

We will have a small kitchen available with microwave and fridge.

When it comes to food, you can probably cook simpler dishes in the kitchen, make some tea or re-heat something. But in most cases people will go out to eat if last year is an indication of how people live at a marathon. Last year we had a discount at a local kebab and pizza restaurant, so that's where I ended up for most of my dinners.

Breakfast stuff most get at the food store nearby.
Make it so.
Hi guys.

I'm really really sorry to be springing this on you so late but I'm going to have to cancel my attendance.

I've had some serious issues with both health and family spring up very recently and as such am no longer going to be able to make it. I really hope you can forgive this being such late notice but I completely understand if not, I feel like an utter douche but at this point there is really not much I can do about it.

I'm so sorry.

Tiberius
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Tiberius:
Text

Like I wrote in the PM.

No need to apologize. And all the best to your family. If it's out of your hands, it's out of your hands.
$15 per rant/allegory
Are there any weights at either venue?

Also is there some concrete info regarding visitors? I know of a few people who were planning on stopping by.
Quote from flicky:
Are there any weights at either venue?

Also is there some concrete info regarding visitors? I know of a few people who were planning on stopping by.

I don't think we have any weights anywhere. Would surprise me.

Visitors from people you know personally should be fine for a day but they may not use the sleeping accommodations and stay for a longer period. That's what I remember being said about that, I suppose Edenal can clear it up some more if I got it wrong somehow.
Hockey enthusiast
Visitors are welcome.

There is more info in the signup-thread. Visitors are fine, but if they stay for a longer period of time, they are subject to pay the same entry-fee as everyone else.
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2013-07-09 05:18:48 am
MrLonghair: 2013-07-09 05:17:40 am
MrLonghair: 2013-07-09 05:13:42 am
I have to cancel my appearance for too many medical reasons, the latest one being that I'm at risk of actually busting a gut if I don't take it far easier. This means losing out on somebody who planned to watch the audio most of his waking time, so I'm going to write a little something of what's required because we need people to burn some time doing this.

Audio goal:
- Always have somebody listening, making sure nothing goes wrong with the sound < would be a best case scenario
- The audience should only be actively audible during applause and laughter, but never in such a way that they overpower priority audio such as microphones. Their applause and laughter should be heard in the background, which is why there's a dedicated microphone for that audio. Sound-checking on setup should secure that volume balance.
- There should be notes of which channel strip handles what by the mixer, to make life a little easier.

General knowledge:
- At most, you need to touch EQ and Panoration knobs and volume faders of the channel-strips. Nothing will break if you stick to using that. Do not touch +48v switches or the outgoing stereo-mix volume.
- You always need to listen with the headphones on. Adjust and tweak accordingly until it's perfectly balanced.
- Remind those with small voices to speak up a little.

Quote:
Level: Easy
- Listen in on the headphones while watching.
- Does a voice have to be made louder, or toned down a notch? Adjust its fader on the mixer accordingly.
- Did someone's batteries die? Approach from their side with fresh batteries and perform the exchange.

Quote:
Level: Hard
- Listen in on the headphones while watching.
- Does a voice have to be made louder, or toned down a notch? Adjust its fader on the mixer accordingly.
- Did someone's batteries die? Approach from their side with fresh batteries and perform the exchange.

/ Did the ceiling mounted microphone for the audience die? Replace the AA battery in its amplifier.

+ Slightly tweak panoration of microphones of people sitting to the sides to create a stereo image.
+ Adjust EQ knobs to tweak and improve audio in case someone's lav mic isn't sitting right and becomes slightly muffled.
+ Ask runners, commenters to say a little something the moment they sit down so you get an idea of their levels.

Goal is to with little effort create a nice comfortable listening experience that never raises a single complaint. The donation reader will control their own microphone volume but we trust everybody knows their reading voice should never overpower the heck outta all other audio like during parts of AGDQ2013.

I will create a general audio hardware&theory&whatever thread later on in the tech forum if demand increases, because equipment is nothing without knowledge.
Please also make sure to write something together that fits on an A4 sized paper, and can be used as a cheat sheet right on the Audio station.
Also, I suggest employing labels reading 'DO NOT EVAR TOUCH!!1eleven' on the parts that we really need to keep our hands away from, even though they look nice.