Smiley
Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
So I've been practicing some DKC 101% lately. But when I was going some more this morning, my US SNES didn't want to start... Which means I'll either have to play with easy mode JP or crappy mode PAL. I guess easy mode it is, meh.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Tompa:
So I've been practicing some DKC 101% lately. But when I was going some more this morning, my US SNES didn't want to start... Which means I'll either have to play with easy mode JP or crappy mode PAL. I guess easy mode it is, meh.

Blown fuse? http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/snes-fuse.htm
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2012-08-06 08:19:02 am
Precursor
I'm brushing up on my Scott Pilgrim skills, all I really need to get better at is grabbing enemies. I managed to do something I have no idea what it was on Todd leading to a fairly quick kill. I should also find out if there's any good way of destroying both of Super Fighting Robot's hands in one cycle. Other than that, I'm feeling fairly good about the game. Sub-hour should be easy.

I'm going to be playing as Stephen Stills as he's the one I've been training with and feel the most confident with at the moment. If Mr. Chau shows up on the map, I'll go to fight him as a bonus, and I'm going to be showing off a glitch in one stage.

Feeling confident about my other games but will give them some runthroughs to be extra sure.
The Duce
Tompa: If you hurry, you can buy a "new" system at tradera from sellers in Sweden and they will manage to ship to you before the marathon begins
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2012-08-06 09:57:28 am
Tompa, worst case scenario you could always use my Wii in NTSC mode (though it'd have to be a pirated wad) and my classic controller pro. Dunno about any version differences though...
Edit history:
Tompa: 2012-08-07 03:26:32 am
There we go, it lives again :).

Edit: Have done two full DKC 101% runs now. An insanely crappy 1:03 (In game time), which was my first playthrough in years. And a crappy 0:51 a few minutes ago that I could improve heavily.
Hockey enthusiast
I'm done with my practice until I get to the marathon. Simply out of time.

Haven't touched Goof Troop for like a week, but last time I played I kept getting solid times.
Did one playthrough as Donald with World of Illusion yesterday. It was good, but the leaf-ride is very easy to mess up! Physics are so messed up at that part!

Now let's just pray that all Gooby / Dolan pls trolls behave Smiley

Bottom line: I'm ready!
Speedrunner
Im quite comfortable with: Duck Tales 1 & 2, Super Mario Bros 2, Trojan, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads.

My biggest concern is: Ghosts n Goblins and Castlevania. I really hope I will be able to pull them off. Castlevania can really screw me over if everything goes wrong.

Ghosts n Goblins is just a matter of skill combined with luck.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2012-08-10 01:50:08 pm
KennyMan666: 2012-08-10 08:23:15 am
KennyMan666: 2012-08-10 07:53:06 am
Precursor
Fairly bad (lost the glow in all the wrong places, got knocked around far too much, Lucas Lee battle was horrid due to a Paparazzi sneaking into the fight fucking my entire pattern up, Super Fighting Robot went into the background thrice, kept missing the stunlock in the first Gideon fight and he used invincilibity like four times) Scott Pilgrim run clocked in at 51:09.9. If I don't get at the very least sub-50 at the marathon I'm going to be horribly disappointed in myself. But nothing short of a catastrophe of some kind will bring it over one hour, even with a Mr. Chau fight included.

Gonna get at least a Duo Princess practice take in today too, and just to complete the trifecta I should do an Ufouria run as well. Actually, I should stream that.

Edit: And 16:43.6 Duo Princess, which could be much better - sub-15 is very doable. I think I figured out something for the dragon refight, so that should help. And I think both my DualShock2's are fucked, the one I played with just now has a messed up d-pad... which is what I use to play the game, so sometimes the character would stop for a moment even though I held the direction. I might have to use someone else's when playing at the marathon.

Will stream an Ufouria 100% later Saturday.
Edit history:
Edenal: 2012-08-10 09:54:31 am
Edenal: 2012-08-10 09:54:16 am
Hockey enthusiast
Im currently editing the schedule. I noticed DKC was missing from the list. Adding that again, please help out if you see anything missing from the list!

(I will edit your Scott-run Kenny!)

http://ludendi.se/esa-schedule/
Edenal, could you move my Spyro 2 100% time to sometime in the afternoon on 18th August?
Edit history:
Edenal: 2012-08-10 09:56:22 am
Edenal: 2012-08-10 09:54:01 am
Hockey enthusiast
I've moved it to Friday afternoon. 1400-ish. (Before I saw your post actually)

The 4-man race is currently Saturday afternoon. I think we can discuss moving games later, say monday. First we need to make sure the schedule contains all games it should and that their estimates are reasonable! Smiley

Update done! I checked all the times and they should be correct! http://ludendi.se/esa-schedule/

More edit: Would be nice to have a <td> for prizes! Might just add this with the comments. Or on a separate page.
Could also remove Oracle of Ages from that list. So OoS and DKC for me.
Did a PB on Castlevania. So its really all about how my form is when i play that game.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
My new route on James Pond 1 is sorted. I thought skipping half the game would be easy but I also skipped over two items that reduce damage and let you stay out of the water longer, so had to adjust strats a bit but I'm fine now.  Should be able to do it in 30 mins now!

All other games are ready to go.  What are we doing with things like donation challenges? For example I got a whole stack of potential ones for Arkham City and even doing all of them would still be able to fit in my estimate now, but is there going to be a specific tracker for that at all?
RoboSparkle, please take this discussion to http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/speedrun_gathering_sk%C3%B6vde_sweden__august_2012_main_thread_313.html

I wrote some on the subject recently in the main thread and I had more or less the same questions.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
OK! I can confidently confirm that I am well practiced for all my games Smiley I've prioritized FFXIII-2 and Crash Twinsanity but my Journey and Spyro 2 runs should be highly entertaining regardless, Journey isn't a difficult run anyway. I'll just get everything packed away.
I look forward to seeing you all soon!
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-08-11 05:00:01 am
Smörgåsbord
I have trained Super Mario Bros. 2 so it should be good. But gonna train alot starting monday, when I settle in at the marathon! Let's give people a race to remember, right dxtr! Wink (No donation incentives this time around for Super Mario Bros. 2. I used to do Mario Only races just so someone would race me back in the day so I know that.)

I have been with Pro_JN parts of the week, he beat his Zelda 2 World Record twice in one day, so hopefully he will give Arctic a most awesome fight! Cheesy
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2012-08-11 08:40:46 am
Precursor
Since apparently Dxtr is going to be awesome and practice stream a whole lot of games starting at 19:00 and going on until midnight Swedentime (that being he starts in about 2½ hours for you non-Swedes) I guess I'll time my Ufouria 100% marathon practice stream so that I finish a little bit before he starts. So I'll probably start at 17:30-17:45, thereabouts. So I'll start in one hour, I think.
Where would we be able to find your channels?
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2012-08-11 08:57:36 am
Precursor
My channel is here, but I have a topic in the Live Streaming forum too. Dxtr's channel is here, and he too has a topic in the Live Streaming forum nevermind that is not a "streaming topic", just a link to his channel.
Speed is all that matters.
I'm pretty confident about all my games despite the lack of practice I had.

My priority was Blindfolded Catherine which I got memorized very well. Sadly I had to drop one more area than planned because of sudden strategy changes that affected memorizing more than it should have... Either way I will still end up with 6/9 of the game blindfolded, hoping that it will be highly entertaining for the viewers to watch.
For FF13-2.. I guess my luck will decide how the run goes. Smiley
And for Spyro 2.. As long as I don't break the game like I did in a couple of my practice runs I shouldn't have too many problems.
Precursor
Aaaaand so much for that. Half an hour in my NES goes into graphicfuckery to the extreme mode, and my attempt at fixing it - opening the hatch and poking the cartridge, which usually works and DID work just a couple minutes prior - led to even more massive graphicfuckery coupled with the NES freezing.

Bah!

Won't try again today, as dxtr starts in 40 minutes, and I'm hungry, so I'd just get less concentrated. Maybe another day.
Battle Kid 56 min.

Damn i´m good Wink
Edit history:
A-M: 2012-08-11 07:01:21 pm
A-M: 2012-08-11 06:48:58 pm
I broke my PB during my Metroid Prime training : 1h20 with a bunch of awful mistakes. I can do really better with more training (and luck ^^)