Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Speedrunner
Found a more consistant Kraidfight-strat which is a relief.

And Castlevania.... hmmmm!! Sure i can pull of some cool moves but... damn... i thought i could do better. My best run is like 15min. Not even near previous runs. And Castlevania is the game that really can go bad if you die.

Im willing to put this off the table until someone says something else. Cause i dont wanna sit there with 25 minutes passed and see death screwing me over and over again, frankenstein killing me off cause i lost the holy water etc.etc.
Precursor
Just got a 51:55 practice run of Ufouria 100%, with a little pile of mistakes. Was on stream, so you can see it here.
First time trying to RTA Penumbra Overture, 26 minutes not including the credits, not that the game is even listed anywhere Tongue . If I am to run it at the marathon it should be followed by Penumbra Black Plague so I don't think the credits should be included anyway.
Edit history:
dxtr: 2012-06-21 02:32:37 pm
Speedrunner
Ok? I did a Personal Best included with 1 death on Castlevania now. Just by playing a liiiittle bit more safe... Need to quote Project Runway

"In fashion (gaming), one day you're in. Next day you're out"

Edit: 14:09 now. I guess i need more confident in myself.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2012-06-22 01:46:25 pm
Precursor
...and now, not on stream (recorded it, but I'm not even going to bother encoding it), I somehow got 51:17 Ufouria 100% in a run that I can't describe using any words other than "unmitigated disaster". So, yeah, the estimate can probably be cut to 1:00:00... the only thing that could make it exceed that would be more than one death in the most remote locations in the game. Given that it's a 100% which means collecting every medicine, I can't see that happening.

I should probably switch to serious Scott Pilgrim training instead. Ufouria clearly isn't a problem.

Edit: And that was a kind of sloppy Scott Pilgrim run (first time I actually played with the X360 pad, rather than my arcade stick, since I'm highly unsure I'll be able to bring the stick) with Stephen Stills, clocking in at about 53 minutes (sans credits), and that included a pause or two. So, yeah, no risk of running over time there. More training will be put in.
Ok, I think it's about time to drop games that you don't feel confortable with yet, it's not too long before the marathon and last minute updates are no good.

Personally I feel good about my games, shouldn't post a problem and I am very happy with the estimates. I injured my hand yesterday so I can't do any practice for a while. Should be good long before the marathon so I can get some more practice in before the real deal =)
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-06-29 08:03:27 am
Smörgåsbord
I got a PB just the other day on SMB2, but I should do better, new strats must be added!^^ And I guess I have some new things to show on the bonus stream for SMB2 now!;)

Kotti, we are doing the schedule on Saturday so we will put in all new games and remove all that have been dropped! Wink
World of Illusion: I have not been playing this one bit. Mostly because I have not had my console with me for the last couple of months. Only been playing SNES-titles. I'm still comfortable with this, the Mickey is good. Donald is not 100% yet.

Goof Troop: This is coming along very well. I was a bit thrown of by the subtle puzzle differences in the SFC version but that's ok. Room layouts are the same and me and Alko will have to do some very intensive training at site to get or game together!

Well that's it. I've got another candidate which could be added to the scheduel if anything falls through. Buster Busts Loose for SNES. Pretty straight forward platformer with a few autoscrolling parts. This is actually the game I've been playing most as of late.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Edenal gave the Goof Troop picture.
Concerning Asterix and Obelix; since this is bonus stream, I can still decide to drop it anytime without us loosing anything Wink I might have to see on that one, though; free time is not available in the quantities I had hoped for >__> But yeah, bonus stream Wink
Edit history:
Blechy: 2012-06-29 08:08:27 pm
Blechy: 2012-06-29 08:07:30 pm
Blechy: 2012-06-29 08:07:29 pm
Blechy: 2012-06-29 07:44:48 pm
Just curious, what kinds of 1p goof troop times are you guys coming up with? Hope you can stream or post a recording of sorts sometime, I love the game too much to not ask!
Quote from Alko:
Half the Goof Troop crew on extreme marathon luck (honesty, safe strats half the time because no lives left …) and I still got 32:25 min … I'm not worried about this, only about connecting the two Wink

My PB is about a minute quicker, but that can still be improved with more luck and stuff.
I really do hope I find time to rebuild the backside of my TV shelf allowing me to record attempts (and finally a run).
Hockey enthusiast
Alko has way better times than me.

I think my best is 34-ish (I die alot. Max is such a bitch). My focus is currently not on making good times but to learn each room in and out.
Good times will follow Smiley
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
I've just achieved a time of 3:25:16 in FFXIII-2, this improves on my previous time of 3:39:36... I hope I haven't set the standards too high for the marathon... I'm super happy!!
Hockey enthusiast
Goof Troop is coming along better and better.

I now know all the puzzles by heart. But I am still a little confused about how to tackle stage 5 (which path is the fastest). Stage 4 and 5 are so painful to play with Max it's not even funny, several rooms where you need to kill enemies with barrels and since he is a weak thrower, this takes time...

Times are improving as well. I am now confident that we will make a good performance!
Speedrunner
Sooooo my lifesituation has been turned upside down the last days. I wont be able to train on console before the marathon. ONLY emulator. which is shit.
Quote from Edenal:
Goof Troop is coming along better and better.

I now know all the puzzles by heart. But I am still a little confused about how to tackle stage 5 (which path is the fastest). Stage 4 and 5 are so painful to play with Max it's not even funny, several rooms where you need to kill enemies with barrels and since he is a weak thrower, this takes time...

Times are improving as well. I am now confident that we will make a good performance!

For stage 5 route, I'd suggest following the route in our 15:50 vid I linked in the GT thread, where you collect the one in the moving platform room first. It's a lot more reliable, and only 5 sec slower.

As far as the slow rooms in stage 4 and 5 rooms, well, that's what papa goof will be there for :]
Quote from Blechy:
For stage 5 route, I'd suggest following the route in our 15:50 vid I linked in the GT thread, where you collect the one in the moving platform room first. It's a lot more reliable, and only 5 sec slower.

As far as the slow rooms in stage 4 and 5 rooms, well, that's what papa goof will be there for :]

Sure I will ^___^
Edit history:
Airrider: 2012-07-08 09:21:03 am
Airrider: 2012-07-08 09:20:49 am
I´ve been practising Battle Kid. I have managed to beat it withour dying twice, which is almost impossible. It will take pretty precisely 1 hour. Probably not under 1 hour though unless i do it flawless. The timer has landed on around 01:02:15 two times which seems likely.

I´ll play on normal difficulty.

It´s gonna be fun Smiley

EDIT: Forget that i posted like the same thing previously Tongue This one is the real deal Wink
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2012-07-12 09:45:06 am
Update: I can get a sub 50 somewhat consistent even if I don't skip the LR boss. Sub 45 is possible but 46 is still my pb (mainly because I almost never don't try the boss skip). This is what it should look like:

but as you can tell from my reaction I have stood there 10 minutes and timed out without getting it even once. Overall the practise is going well.

Zero the Kamikaze squirrel... Not that good. I've gotten a 15:xx but then I kinda lost interest... I'm pretty afraid of locking the game like I've said before as the biker/ninja guy is a big troll and it's really lame to kill yourself to get more lives... Also the places with nice skips are frame perfect jumps twice in a row or more so... Idk maybe change it to bonus stream unless I man up later this month.

Dalfen gets about 1:35-1:40 (ingame, which would mean sub 2h) pretty consistently in Metroid prime and In RosenKreuzStilette he actually got a 34:5x which is pretty good ss, considering the segmented SDA record is like 30-31 or something
Fingers are starting to work again and today I did some SotN and HoD practice.

HoD went ok as usual and SotN went horribly wrong. Died due to a double hit from a Tombstone...that happens when you fail your IWS in the wrong spot. The attempt before got reset at clock rush, which is kinda embarrassing.

So gotta get that rust out of the system, also fingers are still sensitive so sometimes I fail stuff just because I don't want to hurt them. Wish me luck!
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-07-16 03:08:11 am
Svenne: 2012-07-16 03:07:35 am
Svenne: 2012-07-16 03:06:56 am
Svenne: 2012-07-16 02:37:02 am
Smörgåsbord
This is gonna be awesome you guys, you are all doing a great job!

Good luck Ozzy!

Kotti, -Penumbra Black Plague for PC -Penumbra Overture for PC -Penumbra Requiem for PC, those 3 new submissions to SDA, those were you?;)

I guess I will have to use a half hour of the bonus-stream to show the new stuff in smb2!^^ I'm getting closer to what I want to have as a time getting into this marathon!
I hope Arva can do the commentary on smb2 and perhaps on Metroid Prime! He and Dalfen seem to get along great!
Quote from Svenne:
Kotti, -Penumbra Black Plague for PC -Penumbra Overture for PC -Penumbra Requiem for PC, those 3 new submissions to SDA, those were you?;)
Yep that's me.

Currently streaming Hitman Blood Money practice without knowing whether I'm even going to run this at ESA.

http://www.twitch.tv/thekotti
I recently took back the world record with a nice time of 02:15:4x in Spyro 2 100% beating the previous record by about 4:30.
You can check it out here: http://www.twitch.tv/cypryss/b/324913047, the quality's not too great though... Sad
Smörgåsbord
Cyprys, I think congrats are in order! Cheesy
Hockey enthusiast
I've been running some Goof Troop today. It's getting better and better! First 4 levels were very good today, still having some issues (and crap luck) on the final boss.

It's almost time Alko! Cheesy