Sad
<- 123
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Infinite Combo
you can use Optic..thingie cable for PS3, I cannot Use HDMI on my PS3, for some reason it doesn't work. but Scart/Compnonent whatnot works fine on it. I can bring SMW then.
Speed is all that matters.
I just noticed that in the first post, only DRsynj's PS3 is mentioned. I think reading though the thread I saw someone else was bringing one, is that correct?
Infinite Combo
first post isn't updated afaik
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Neviutz:
I just noticed that in the first post, only DRsynj's PS3 is mentioned. I think reading though the thread I saw someone else was bringing one, is that correct?

Correct. The first post is not 100% up to date.
IrregularJinny can bring his (JP) according to the thread.

In general. Rather have too many consoles, then too few. Grin
Couple of questions: 1. Will the NES games at the marathon be played with 4:3 TV screen or 16:9 Widescreen, or should we practice for both solutions if we can? I can adjust the 16:9 widescreen TV I'm practicing with at the moment to 4:3 (but the side edges of the screen are then black), and I have been doing so lately. No biggie, but my personal preference when playing casually and practicing is widescreen as it's a little faster sidescrolling and also enables full screen with my TV, unlike the 4:3 option I have. The games play faster sideways with 16:9 vs 4:3. Would appreciate feedback from Ludendi associates.

2. I'm scheduled for a Rygar race with Wery at the ESA2012 marathon, but at the moment I'm the only person confirmed bringing a Rygar NTSC (American version) cart to the marathon. If anybody could bring a working Rygar NTSC cart to the marathon it would be much appreciated. Let me know if you can bring a "back-up" Rygar cart to ESA marathon. Perhaps Wery has one?
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Arctic_Eagle:
Couple of questions: 1. Will the NES games at the marathon be played with 4:3 TV screen or 16:9 Widescreen, or should we practice for both solutions if we can? I can adjust the 16:9 widescreen TV I'm practicing with at the moment to 4:3 (but the side edges of the screen are then black), and I have been doing so lately. No biggie, but my personal preference when playing casually and practicing is widescreen as it's a little faster sidescrolling and also enables full screen with my TV, unlike the 4:3 option I have. The games play faster sideways with 16:9 vs 4:3. Would appreciate feedback from Ludendi associates.

The idea is to play NES, SNES, Genesis, Playstation 1/2, GameCube and Game Boy on an 4:3 SD television. And Playstation 3, Xbox 360 on a 16:9 HDTV.

As far as personal preferences are concerned, I'm sure that we can accomodate this request since TV-output and Stream-output are separated. It's just a matter of moving one cable from one television set to another.
Thanks Edenal! Minor detail, but good to know. I can play NES on a 4:3 television at the ESA marathon, no problem. I'll just continue to set my 16:9 television to display 4:3 when practicing the games I'll be running at ESA.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Ok, I can bring:

Megadrive controllers x 3
Megadrive multitap

Games (all PAL)

James Pond (Mega Drive)
James Pond 2 (Mega Drive)
James Pond 3 (Mega Drive)
Fantastic Dizzy (Mega Drive)
Mega Bomberman (Mega Drive)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (360)
Batman: Arkham City (360)
Spyro 2 (PS1)
meh
Alright, I finally updated the list. From Frezy's list I only included the games marked with "will bring" and his consoles and controllers.
From Jinny's list I took the essentials, like consoles, controllers and marathon games.
And RoboSparkles games.

You can all still bring any non-marathon games if you want, I just took the most important stuff for now.
Also, like I said in the main thread, PUT LABELS ON YOUR STUFF. And I mean everything that belongs to you. This will make everything much easier, and cause less confusion on what belongs to who.
Speed is all that matters.
Since the first post isn't updated.

Does anyone, by any chance, bring headphones to the marathon (maybe even ones that cover your whole ears)? I only have my Iphone earphones otherwise since my headset is a USB one.

Also, if the first post will be updated at some point.
Games I'll bring to the marathon (not all are marathon games):

Catherine (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
Spyro 1, 2, 3 (PSN)
Final Fantasy IX (PSN)
Sonic 4 Episode 1 (PSN)
Persona 4 (PS2)

Games I CAN bring to the marathon if anyone wants me to:

Resonance of Fate (PS3)
Dante's Inferno (PS3)
Tales of Xillia (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Assassin's Creed II (PS3)
Edit history:
Alko: 2012-08-14 05:15:53 am
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Gonna give you a complete list of will-brings and can-brings now. Anybody wishing me to turn a can-bring into a will-bring may PM me, and I shall do so Wink

will-brings
SNES (PAL) including one controller
N64 (PAL) including two controllers, 1 Rumble pack and one of those GameBoy-adapter-pack-thing-a-ma-jigsies
A very non-gaming laptop

SNES-Games:
Goof Troop for marathoning
Astérix and Obélix (in case that actually works on the bonus stream, although I'm suspecting not)
Super Mariokart
Super Marioworld
Yoshi's Island

N64 games
Mariokart64
MarioTennis
Zelda OoT (We cannot not have it there, can we? ;))

Myself, matress, sleeping bag Wink

can-bringswon't-brings
Another two N64-controllers
Another one SNES controller
red/white/yellow to scart converters.

SNES games:
Astérix
Donkey Kong Country 1 and/or 2
Super Mario All Stars
TopGear 3000
Zelda LttP

N64 games
Donkey Kong64
Extreme G
Pokémon Stadium

PS game
GT2

EDIT: Nobody told me to turn any can-bring into a will-bring, so they are now won't-brings Wink
As the schedule is not where it supposed to be or updated I'm still not sure what games I'm running but I'll still be bringing everything that could be on it (Hitman, Penumbra, Total Overdose). I can put just about everything on a memory stick anyway so it's no problem.
The Duce
I intendo to bring all the games I am supposed to speedrun through but if I can borrow a car from a friend I will bring more stuff with me
Hockey enthusiast
I small update from me about equipment.

Adding these items to my current list:
SCART-distributor (1 in/ 3 out) + additional SCART cables.
Component-distributor (1 in / 4 out) + 1 additional component cable.
2x S-video/Composite to/from SCART-thingy
2x red/white audio cables

RGB-cable for PAL-SNES
RGB-cable for NTSC-SNES/SFC
RGB-cable for Mega Drive / Genesis model 2
2x RGB-cables for Mega Drive / Genesis model 1
Gold-plated composite cable (yellow, white, red) for NES (still need to RCA Male to 2 RCA Female to fake stereo sound).

Also gonna bring a few extra SNES-controllers with new rubber components and possibly some spare Mega Drives.
meh
Updated the list again. Will add some more stuff tomorrow
Precursor
Okay, since I'm starting to plan my bag packing for this, it would be good to know - apart from that I'm obviously bringing the games I'm going to run, what equipment should I actually bring? I don't want to haul a bunch of stuff just to see it not getting used, so I'd really only want to pack the stuff I have that we know will be needed and that isn't already safely covered by the equipment already in Skövde. I think this goes for most people, there's no point in having a pile of equipment we don't need.

So, what I'm figuring should probably be done now is make a list of the minimum of what we need, and specifically note how much of that is already available in Skövde and work from there.
Edit history:
Frezy_man: 2012-08-08 02:29:02 am
bläää
As far as I have seen it looks like we have all consoles, games and recording equipment that is necessary.
You are responsible yourself that the games you are going to run will be availible.

I would say: Double check that every game that you have to play yourself is going to be available. If you don´t have the game yourself make sure someone else bring it. A list of a minimum equipment isn´t necessary and would just make things more complicated.

As far as I can tell we have all gaming and recording equipments that is necessary.

And I don´t think it´s mentioned yet. But our local hero "Nisse" somehow managed to borrow a hughe mixer table and a couple of microphones and figuried out how to connect it to the stream togheter with the sound from the videogame. So as far as audio goes (Videogamesound and audiocommentary) will be good. Smiley
Hockey enthusiast
Would like to add this. Bringing spare consoles won't hurt anyone.

Considering most games are from the 8- and 16-bit era and multiple runners probably want to practice. Having a few of these consoles would be nice.
Take Genesis for example, there's only 1 listed and this console would be connected to the streaming setup and then where would the runners practice?

(This example is not anchored to reality though, since I know there are others bringing this system too. But the example stands.)
The Duce
I'll bring;

NES/Famicom: (USA)
Rygar
Metal Storm
Batman 2: Return of the Joker
Street Fighter 2010
Roller Games
The Goonies (Japan)
Double Dragon 3

Super Nintendo: (PAL)
Realm