Edenal: 2013-12-22 03:32:17 pm
Edenal: 2013-11-07 07:55:20 am
Edenal: 2013-10-15 06:32:23 am
Edenal: 2013-10-03 01:39:47 am
Edenal: 2013-10-02 03:57:13 pm
Edenal: 2013-10-02 11:46:28 am
Hockey enthusiast
Disclaimer.
This is not the European Speedster Assembly thread, this is a community meetup at my place!
Unfortunately the space is limited when it comes to the amount of beds available (maximum 10). But I believe there is enough room in the "house" to fit 15+ people without it being too crowded.
Update 2013-12-28: I've decided that 10 guests staying in the two apartments is the limit for this time, if you stay at a friends house or you are more than welcome to join anyway! I want everyone who feel that there's enough space.
Why
There's not enough gatherings! And I was inspired by the Contra Conference, so let's get together and play/stream some games just because it's fun! Maybe learn some new ones?

This is also included some equipment-testing for future marathons.

When
Febuary 20th -> Febuary 23rd

Where
Växjö, Sweden.
The "house" has 2 bathrooms with showers and saunas. And one kitchen.

What
Let's get together for a weekend. (Thursday-ish through Sunday). And stream, chat, drink, eat popcorn and watch Svenne rage (if he shows up).

Accommodation
2 apartments are available. 5 persons staying in each. There should be at least 2 beds and a bed-settee in each. So unfortunately one or two persons will have to sleep on a inflatable mattress or if you bring a portable bed if you travel by car.

Costs
You share the costs for the apartment with the others. Total price is between 15-20€ for the entire weekend.

Update 2013-12-28
Apartments and venues are reserved!
If you are really interested in coming, now's the time to speak up.

Uploaded a gallery of the venue and one of the apartments here: http://lidholt.se/fakeESA/Gallery/
Thread title:  
I'm interested! But can't say for certain until the date is set!
Speedrunner
Cozy, i like it. :3
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2013-10-02 04:10:28 am
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Weather and ride permitting (screw SJ and their prices) I'll drop by and run a next-generation game, co-op.
Precursor
Trains from here are cheap and direct, so I'm probably interested! Especially since I'm not going to be able to make it to AGDQ.
Hockey enthusiast
If you are going by train, try aiming for Alvesta. It's a very tiny town, one of the major train-hubs in Sweden. 15 minute drive from Växjö, so I can possibly pick you up if there is no good connection.
What is a man?
Definitely interested, only question is what exact dates and times Smiley
I´m interested. Seems nice Smiley
Personal text
Växjö so far away Sad
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Alvesta, doesn't the X2000 from Malmö to Stockholm stop there? If so, it'ld be easy to reach from Germany :3
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
I'm in. Let's dooooo this Smiley
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Alko:
Alvesta, doesn't the X2000 from Malmö to Stockholm stop there? If so, it'ld be easy to reach from Germany :3

Yes it does!

Updated the OP with 2 possible weekend dates.
$15 per rant/allegory
Neither date is perfect for me, but I'm looking to come. Keep us posted.
Precursor
Gothenburg-Alvesta... slightly cheaper and faster than Gothenburg-Växjö with the regional train so I assume it's an earlier stop for the same train I noted earlier. Splendid.
Amazing idea! Interested for sure!
Exoray
It's not impossible that a certain swedish admin could be interested.
Quote from moooh:
It's not impossible that a certain swedish admin could be interested.

Now there are parts of the world like mine where that abundance of subjunctives means 'Definitely yes, I'm coming', and there are others where that means 'looking terrible, but maybe I'm lucky' xD

Concerning the dates, I have no preference for either (or any other) because a whole lot of crap would need to be sorted out anyways. And I remembered that I'm probably going to be using up a lot of holiday for stuff next year, so I don't know how easily I could get a Friday and Monday off. Which would be required, because it makes absolutely no sense arriving at three p.m. on Saturday and leaving at 10 a.m. Sunday xD
Exoray
hehe
Next year will be pretty tight on days off I'd be wanting to spend in the winter since I'll already be using up a week for AGDQ and then some more days for a ski-trip, so we'll see what the possibilities are.
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-10-07 01:51:56 am
Hockey enthusiast
It's great to see so much interest!

I've spoken to the contact person for the second apartment. And he said that it would not be a problem if it's not already occupied. I'm very happy with that, which means the issue with space is hopefully solved.

I'm going to go ahead and put my vote for date-suggestion nr 2 because I know a few guys are going to AGDQ and might want to come for a day or two.
(Also gives me a bit more time to secure some additional equipment that might come in handy)
Seems good.
Hockey enthusiast
In lack of better suggestions. I decided the date and are going to make further arrangements with bookings in the following week.

Marks your calendars!
Quote from Edenal:
In lack of better suggestions. I decided the date and are going to make further arrangements with bookings in the following week.

Marks your calendars!

Done :3
Iha paska
We so need to do an action 52 drinking game, gonna bring my everdrive with me.
There is no escape from this one!

Dyno tennis world domination
Truljin @ Twitch
This sounds interesting and it's just a tad closer then the other ones Tongue
This sounds like it'll be great, I should be able to make it along. Smiley