--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
stanski: 2006-09-09 02:09:46 am
wise fwom yo gwave
Hm... did someone just set individual level times? Maybe I have a new game that I should start trying to beat times on  Tongue

Just kidding, I only do that to runs nate does Grin
Can't wait to see your ss, i can't even beat the game on one life.
Haters gonna hate
I've been following this thread for a little over a month now, and I too personally can't wait to see a SS run of this game (especially after seeing those IL times!).  It's been a long time favorite of mine, but I would never dream of trying to speedrun it.  I've seen a TAS and it was entertaining, but I know I'd love a run that I knew was done by somebody on an actual Genesis so much more.  Best of luck!
Edit history:
nate: 2006-09-09 04:29:19 am
Quote:
Hm... did someone just set individual level times? Maybe I have a new game that I should start trying to beat times on  Tongue

Just kidding, I only do that to runs nate does Grin
Can't wait to see your ss, i can't even beat the game on one life.

what if i beat some of his times? then would you beat them? Tongue
新世紀進歩的羽扇子 音楽
Heh, by now I've watched some of the TAS, while I'm waiting to see real runs.  Probably the best dose of motion sickness at Bisqwit's but alas a really formulaic video too.  Wish I could verify when these come in, but this game just totally pwns me too hard.
Yep yep yep!
A piece of advice: never ever EVER buy a Maganovox MSR90D6 DVD recorder.  Even though they're cheap (96$) and completely lagless, the AV IN likes to stop functioning a few weeks after purchase.  I had hoped the first one breaking was just bad luck, but just today it happened again.  Well at least I managed to finish my IL runs before it happend.
never buy magnavox anything. Tongue you should be able to just take them back and get replacements though.
Yep yep yep!
And I managed to fix my lack-of-DVD-recorder situation in under four hours, thanks to my mom wanting to do something with me.  The replacement recorder seems much better in every respect.
Edit history:
nate: 2006-09-10 01:43:46 am
very good to hear. hopefully you'll get it swapped out that quickly the next time it breaks.

good luck on the ss!!!
Yep yep yep!
I'm very sorry to say this, and I apologise to nate and anyone else who was patiently waiting for this run, but I've reached the point where I just need to take a break from this game before I get too sick of it to ever play again, something I obviously don't want to happen.  So this run is now on hold until further notice.  Looks like you'll be seeing my 28:31 after all.
that's perfectly fine. i look forward to presenting your run to the world.
Yep yep yep!
Should I contact Radix, telling him I'm ready to submit?
yep. don't forget to include all the required info as specified in the submission guidelines.
Yep yep yep!
Okay, I emailed Radix and am awaiting his response.  Is there any kind of information I could give you that would make encoding the run easier nate?  Like where on each .VBO each IL run starts and ends?
yes, that would be most helpful. can't really think of anything else atm.
Edit history:
BlueGlass: 2006-10-05 10:33:41 pm
Yep yep yep!
Okay, obviously none of this info will be useful until you have the .VBOs, but I'm posting it now anyway.  I've renamed each .VBO with what levels are on it.  Also, these times might be a bit off, beause the only thing I have that can play the files is VLC, and it's clearly playing them slightly too fast or something, because adding up the times of the .VBOs that contain my SS gets me about 25:40, even though the run is definitely 28:31.

Medusa Bay: 3:26-3:36
Undercaves: 12:13-12:54
The Vents: 6:02-6:19
The Lagoon: 8:40-10:06
Ridge Water 13:58 on .VBO titled Ridge Water - 1:09 on .VBO titled Ridge Water, Open Ocean, ice levels
Open Ocean: 1:11-1:56
Ice Zone: 2:58-3:04
Hard Water: 6:35-7:02
Cold Water: 8:10-8:59
Island Zone: 7:11-7:54
Deep Water: 10:55-11:26
The Marble Sea: 12:47-13:09
The Library: 7:02-7:34
Deep City:  8:02-8:59
City of Forever: 5:11-5:40
Jurassic Beach: 7:22-8:08
Pteradon Pond: 8:10-9:28
Origin Beach: 10:42-11:11
Dark Water: 12:23-12:54
The Last Fight: 3:46-4:23

And my SS starts on 13:33 of .VBO VTS_01_1 and goes to the end of .VBO VTS_01_3

Hopefully this info will be useful once you get the files.
very cool, thanks much. here's hoping i don't have to deal with too many desynced ones (not your fault; don't worry about it).
yes, america's most blunted
Shocked my fastest record in ecco is measured in months! i'm severely impressed, i really never expected a SS to come through.

do tides of time!
100% runs=great to watch
That was a great run.  I also encourage any effort to attack the sequel...for it was even more diabolical all those years ago.

Loved all the edge of the seat, low health moments!
i too wonder whether the master would consider 2. but perhaps that's better tackled after the sub 0:55 100% in super metroid project.
yes, america's most blunted
and you know as soon as someone did tides of time, we would be asking for defender of the future Grin

if you give a mouse a cookie...
Edit history:
BlueGlass: 2006-10-23 11:03:33 pm
Yep yep yep!
Quote:
defender of the future

I refuse to even play that piece of junk ever again.

As for ToT, I'm actually thinking about doing it at some point, but if I do, it'll be exponentially more difficult than the Ecco 1 run because:

the game is about twice as long
glyph glitching doesn't work
there are a lot more things that could instantly end the run
avoiding running into walls is even harder, because they're not all straight lines or diagonals
I'd probably want to play on hard, making the last level one of the most common run-ending spots

So if/when I do ToT, it'll probably drive me insane.

And thank you everyone for the compliments!
definitely better to see a run on normal than no run on hard.
Yep yep yep!
Never said that I wouldn't do a run on normal, just that I'd rather do hard, and remember that this is still a long way off (I have to finish my SM run and improve the Ecco 1 SS; Library and Island Zone make me cringe).  Are you planning on improving any of my ILs, nate?  Because I'm positive that at least Lagoon could be improved fairly easily.  One more thing, on the page for the game, it says the release date was 1993, but I've also heard release dates of 92 and 91.  Are you sure it was 93?
wise fwom yo gwave
I could beat some of the il's if I get a chance, but most of them are pretty well optimised and so I don't really see much of a point (saving 1 second in a game I don't even like much is not something I really feel like doing, I'd rather put time into a game I love). However, the run as a whole was pretty good, it is an extremely hard game to speedrun and i'm pretty impressed with it.
yeah blueglass is the shit.

but as for improving i-ls that will have to happen over xmas. actually your cold water was the one i was targeting in particular but i guess having some fun with the game over xmas break maybe i could try on some others as well.

mike uyama and i tried to remember the correct release date (gamefaqs says fall 93 which is obviously wrong and dark sea says 1991 which we also felt was too early) and we couldn't remember whether it was like 1992 or early 1993. unfortunately my memory is very bad before about may of 1993 so i was only able to say that it was either late 1992 (based on the 1992s that appear on the box) or early 1993. at the last minute i decided to change 1992 to 1993. you should ask epicenter if he still can talk to annunziata and if so to maybe ask him if he remembers what the us release was.