Sad
<- 1  -   of 48 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Dishonored Before Death
I just started running Dishonored last night. Very first run was 1:36:28.20. The one I got today using the Prison Skip and a few other skips the lot of you have compiled (you're all lovely, by the way), I was able to get 1:08:40.44. Figured I'd register in case I find any routes that may not have been found yet! Time to grind PBs until I get sub 50 Cheesy

PS. Sloth jumps with a 360 controller are bad for blood pressure.. The Tower jump and The Flooded District jump were the death of my last run.
MATHEMATICS
You're running on a 360? O.o
Edit history:
Weird Beard: 2014-04-24 06:51:42 pm
Dishonored Before Death
Nah, running on PC with a 360 controller. I have carpal tunnel, so long sessions with MnK cause an uncomfortable amount of pain.

Anyway, got a new PB! I could have brought it down to sub 50 if it wasn't for terrible Boyles and stupid mistakes Cheesy

EDIT: So, apparently that little (big) Emily skip can cause sort of a softlock. I was forced to walk completely away from The Empress and Emily because the 3rd assassin didn't spawn. Hopefully this won't happen too often... (video of it is uploading now)
Edit history:
Weird Beard: 2014-04-24 09:08:39 pm
Dishonored Before Death
This... I wanna break things..

EDIT: Emily skip was a success, all OOB skips were successful, good RNG with the Pendletwins and Boyles, but GOD DAMN IT I HATE CAMPBELL.

3rd run.. and thanks to Campbell, I didn't get my sub 50. Sad Still close, though!
Dishonored Before Death
Caught this PB run on stream earlier. Anyone have any pointers? I know there's some strats I'm doing WAY wrong, but.. Sloth jump..

Edit history:
Fripic: 2014-04-25 10:48:39 pm
Quote from Weird Beard:
Caught this PB run on stream earlier. Anyone have any pointers? I know there's some strats I'm doing WAY wrong, but.. Sloth jump..

We don't do sloth jump anymore. We do sloth dive, which is both easier and faster. You should really watch some others run. Also, the glitch where the third assassin doesn't spawn is not caused by emily skip. It's caused by going to far from the empress or vaulting the plant at the top of the stairs after sokolov. Where did you even learn sloth jump? it's been dead for months.
Dishonored Before Death
Ah! Thanks for that bit of info. Yea, I need to watch more up to date runs. Dramms especially.

I watched some older guides. Not been too up to date with super new skips etc. Just learning the basics honestly.

Hopefully I can get the hang of the Emily skip, chainless sewer and those damned ledges on the Campbell mission.
Edit history:
Fripic: 2014-04-25 10:58:58 pm
Quote from Weird Beard:
Ah! Thanks for that bit of info. Yea, I need to watch more up to date runs. Dramms especially.

I watched some older guides. Not been too up to date with super new skips etc. Just learning the basics honestly.

Hopefully I can get the hang of the Emily skip, chainless sewer and those damned ledges on the Campbell mission.

The problem is that the entire route has changed since those guides. I recently made a guide for any%, that you could check out, but I do a newer route than anyone else that is still being optimized.

Edit: It's here if you want it: http://www.twitch.tv/fripic/c/4115366
Edit history:
Weird Beard: 2014-04-26 03:49:09 pm
Weird Beard: 2014-04-26 01:56:52 pm
Dishonored Before Death
Awesome! Thank you. I'll check out your routes and strats and figure out some stuff of my own for my own runs. Hopefully cutting around 10 more minutes off my PB won't be too hard.

EDIT: That sloth dive.. oh my god  HOW did I not think of that for runs? I used to do that in my non-lethal ghost playthroughs... *facepalm*

Dat.... juggle....
Edit history:
ShiningFace: 2014-04-27 04:20:07 am
Put on the shelves since 2012
Apologies if this was already a known thing, but since my PC can't reach higher FPS, I had a hard time doing the prison skip.

I was messing around, and it looks like if I crouch before attempting the skip, I can get it every time.

Is this new info, or am I late to the party?
Edit history:
Weird Beard: 2014-04-27 07:23:44 am
Dishonored Before Death
I never noticed if crouching had anything to do with it. I just did the framerate smoothing trick and turned v-sync off. Now I get it usually all the time. Just depends on my position and camera angle.

Edit: Okay I think I figured out why crouching might be helping you.

It slows you down, so you have more time to react when you get to the edge of the wall. Bigger window I'm guessing.
Put on the shelves since 2012
That's probably it actually. Thanks.
Edit history:
Weird Beard: 2014-04-27 07:10:45 pm
Dishonored Before Death
Got a new PB today. Thank you, Fripic for that lovely up to date any% guide. It helped tremendously! Although next time, I need to not be such a casual and screw up the easiest strats.. I nailed all the hardest ones, but the easiest ones gave me a ridiculous amount of trouble.

Shooting for sub 45 on my next couple runs. It should be EASILY attainable as long as I don't screw up as badly as I did in the last run.
What game version should I be using to speed run this game? I started running this game a while ago but haven't had the time to optimize my route at all (time is about 55mins). I tried to do some of the skips I've seen online and on this thread but some don't work for me; I'm assuming they have been patched. Thanks guys!
Nevermind, I found a way to unpatch back to 1.2. Thanks to Fripic!
I am a walrus

Made some strats for Emily skip, saves about 2 sec.
It can also save 3 if you randomly get to the top with only 1 climb (Happened once to me).
Okay so I don't really know what's going on when this happens, but if I walk at a wall angled away from it so that I would be walking at the wall I just stop...is that a thing?
Dishonored Before Death
Sticky walls are a thing. I get it with the Prison Skip because of how long that little column is. My advice if you're going for that, is to not go very far into the wall if you're going for an elevator, and figure out how little you can look towards the wall to get the elevator.
Bah but it's every single wall and it's so annoying Sad
It did not used to do that when I ran it before, I don't know what changed.
Edit history:
Icykittenz: 2014-05-27 05:19:47 pm
I need help with the prison skip. I can get Emily skip and chain skip VERY consistently, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong Huh?
Quote from Icykittenz:
I need help with the prison skip. I can get Emily skip and chain skip VERY consistently, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong Huh?

Have you edited your .ini files?
I guess my PC just isn't good enough to pull it off.
I am a walrus
Quote from Icykittenz:
I guess my PC just isn't good enough to pull it off.

You need to do a few edits to uncap fps and remove dynamic lighting and Shadows.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/puo7gcz47t2y2pw/DishonoredEngine.ini
Theres my .ini try adding that to Documents>My Games> Dishonored>DishonoredGame>Config

If you still can't get it check what FPS you are getting while trying to do with Fraps or something (Make sure you don't limit it with anything else like Vsynch or some GPU specific settings.)
I have already edited the .ini. I still only get 130 fps -_-. It's definitely my PC.
MATHEMATICS
Think about it this way: that's still more than 4 times the FPS I get. D: