Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from TheThrillness:
5. Some new ticky boxes like "SOG" which I have no idea about.

SOG stands for Sync On Green, and will allow you to view RGB sources where composite sync has been combined with the green component.
thethrillness.blogspot.com
I can honestly see no point in this 0-255/16-235 selection. 16-235 regardless of source just always looks too "grey" even if you set the PS3 to Limited.
HELLO!
So I only just got my SC 512 N1 L, and my computer I'm  putting it in arrives probably next week.  What driver should I use on Windows 8.x with OBS?  I expect to use HDMI mostly, with possibly some component and RGB thrown in.

Thanks,
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2014-04-25 03:34:59 am
TheThrillness: 2014-04-24 11:52:10 pm
I'd still use the old Micomsoft drivers until Micomsoft themselves release an RGB driver. They had some problems with RGB displaying properly in a very late 2013 driver: http://amalabo.blog35.fc2.com/blog-entry-252.html

I don't know if it's fixed on the StarTech (it seems to be but don't take my word for that) but I guess you could still use it if you just go for YUY2 sampling.

Also gonna start up some changelog posts for new drivers on my blog for historical purposes: http://www.thethrillness.com/2014/04/micomsoftstartech-driver-changelog.html
Hockey enthusiast
An update about the PEXHDCAP.

When building the streaming computer ment for ESA and other events, we ran into a brick wall. PEXHDCAP is somewhat incompatible with motherboards with the Intel X79 chipset I've spoken to ASUS and StarTech, and there seems to be no way around it. Worth nothing is that it works just fine in the the PCIE slots the chipset but not the shared ones from the CPU. (Which is 3-4 slots depending on your model).

Also worth noting, is that Black Magic Intensity Pro does not suffer from this issue.

Now I just need to get my hands on an AVerMedia C027 and test that one. Or is there anyone who can confirm that it works with that chipset?
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2014-05-09 07:30:18 am
All the things
I can confirm that C027 and C127 work with X79. Using ASRock X79 Extreme7.

I managed to get PEXHDCAP to work on it, but as you said only in PCIE slot 5 and only when turned down to PCIE v1. "Work" in this case is relative, since when active it maxed out all cores with empty calls.

Works just fine when I tossed it on to X58 though.
Quote from Omnigamer:
"Work" in this case is relative, since when active it maxed out all cores with empty calls.

That's normal behavior unfortunately. There's some work arounds for it by resetting the power plan when in use.

There might actually be hope for AVerMedia. After about 7 emails, they finally recognized there is a problem between the old and new PCB. They emailed me this today:

"Hi! ..
our engineer's team are right now working on it :-), new drivers coming soon fixing it...:-)

yet, the color bleed it varies a lot depending on the video source.

Can you upload some recorded samples (H727E) to drop box, same game ,same scene , try to upload the worse scenario cases ;-)
and give me the links asap."

Right now I am more than happy with my PEXHDCAP but if the Aver is gonna be used for ESA then let me know and I'll put together some samples for them.
I wouldn't count on those new drivers. People have been waiting for a new firmware for the LGP ever since the Janurary one bricked a bunch of cards. It's May now, and a new one was to be released two weeks max after Easter. One can hope though.
Pfft, my PEXHDCAP just died. For the most part HDMI will say "No Signal" or it will show an image with 1280x8 and it will constantly be garbled.

I am so happy that Amazon exists.... like REALLY happy.
I'm currently using an Elgato Game Capture HD for my Wii U, with the HDMI setting; I notice while recording and replaying them they're desycned or parts of the video are skipped.  But when it gets downloaded to my MP4 original and I play the video, it works just fine.  I'm still trying to get a quality test ready for posting for final fight 2, but does anyone else had a problem running the Elgato Game Capture HD with the HDMI setting on the Wii U?
A Serious Noob
@BoomBoom777 What are the specs of your Computer/Laptop? I have an Elgato and I don't have any issues with the HDMI or any other settings.
Edit history:
Rotorstorm331: 2014-05-11 01:18:08 pm
Model: Lenovo win7 PC
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor 1.60 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4:00 GB (3.72 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system
Manufacturer: Lenovo

@ DeMoNFLip84: I think this is the specs, I hope.  Also its a laptop computer.
Edit history:
DeMoNFLiP84: 2014-05-11 09:41:00 pm
DeMoNFLiP84: 2014-05-11 09:39:33 pm
DeMoNFLiP84: 2014-05-11 09:39:08 pm
A Serious Noob
Quote from BoomBoom777:
Model: Lenovo win7 PC
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor 1.60 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4:00 GB (3.72 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system
Manufacturer: Lenovo

@ DeMoNFLip84: I think this is the specs, I hope.  Also its a laptop computer.

As I suspected. Video source is not the issue. Your computer can't handle the elgato software too well that's why your have issues with the video playback in the Editing. The finished MP4 File most of the time will come out fine with no audio and video issues. Simply put that your computer is slow but you can still do the job. You can still cut the video clip you want to use and then convert it to MP4.

Here is the Elgato's PC Requirements

System Requirements

Mac: OS X 10.7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
    PC: Windows 7 or later, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (or comparable), sound card
    4 GB RAM, built-in USB 2.0 port
Thanks DeMoNFLiP84.  I might need to get a new Laptop specificly for recording videos; truth be told, this computer is some years old, so it's computer shopping in the near future.:)
Hockey enthusiast
I can now confirm that SC-512 works just fine with the X79 chipset!
HELLO!
Quote from Edenal:
I can now confirm that SC-512 works just fine with the X79 chipset!

Oh good, glad you can use the good stuff. Kitty should be happy. Smiley
If I was crazy I'd be trying this: http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?1478234_ADVANTECH_DVP7012HE

I guess this is probably a better option for people in the USA to buy SC-512 for easier returning or something. I'm not sure if it is gonna have the pass through though (the picture is completely wrong btw, click datasheet). It does say it comes with two YPbPr and Video/S-Video cables so maybe it does. No mention of VGA or HDMI adapters so you might have to buy those separate.
HELLO!
The datasheet even says loop through, so yeah, it's just got to be some breakout cable.

I guess  it *is* 30 bucks cheaper than the SC 512 N1L, since I paid 337 for it.  So if you don't need RGB it's competitive.
Well AVerMedia just invested more money in something nobody will buy as it's just basically a Live Gamer Portable/Game Capture HD... the EzRecorder 130. Sad

http://avertv.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=593&device=4
http://avertv.avermedia.com/Upload/ProductImages/DS_ER130_v9_en_140527.pdf

HELLO!
Yeah that looks similar to the GC HD 2, only with less functionality? Weird.

I love my Game Capture HD 2 though, and the first model before it.
Quote from presjpolk:
Yeah that looks similar to the GC HD 2, only with less functionality? Weird.

I love my Game Capture HD 2 though, and the first model before it.

I have GC HD I and II. II is very nice, the only downside is not have schedule option.

Great 720p/1080p to 20Mb.

Claudio
I posted up a review of the Elgato Game Capture HD if anybody wants to read it: http://www.thethrillness.com/2014/06/elgato-game-capture-hd-review.html

A very interesting unit. One of very few capture cards that actually properly implements Standard and Full range HDMI capture. I did notice some bugs and weird design choices in the software but hopefully these can be fixed.
I posted up a review of the Elgato Game Capture HD if anybody wants to read it: http://www.thethrillness.com/2014/06/elgato-game-capture-hd-review.html

A very interesting unit. One of very few capture cards that actually properly implements Standard and Full range HDMI capture. I did notice some bugs and weird design choices in the software but hopefully these can be fixed.

Very nice review TheThrillness. Its a only missed capture card. Soon I get this too.

Claudio
Edit history:
Vid3odrome: 2014-06-26 10:14:30 am
twitch.tv/vid3odrome

Solid review!  the video delay + timer thing is a pretty bad issue for speed gaming for an otherwise pretty great device.  It's 2 seconds, so iirc, you can offset your timer to compensate, but it's been a few months so i might be wrong!   

Still waiting for that perfect HD device that also handles 240p and isn't a pricy micomsoft device.
Quote from Vid3odrome:
It's 2 seconds, so iirc, you can offset your timer to compensate, but it's been a few months so i might be wrong!

I feel stupid not having realized this, lol. It was one of those over complicating the problem scenarios. I edited my review and gave you thanks for the tip.