<- 1  -   of 50 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
aka FFAtv on twitch
Quote:
1) Loading times don't matter, as SDA doesn't count them.

Yeah this is true but there's actually no way to account for the loads in Infinite. Some occur in elevators, some occur in gondolas, etc, and there's no way to tell when they actually start or end. Basically, loads are a massive problem with running this game right now, since there's no truly accurate way to compare runs :/

We do know that playing on lowest graphics makes a HUGE difference though (on the order of 5+ minutes). So I guess play on low graphics and get an SSD and hope for the best.
Chadbrochil, care to explain the setup abit more?  I mean, I can kind of get the gist of it by watching, but some more insight would be nice, especially since I'll be going back to attempting it starting on Monday. 

On another note, casually playing through Episode 2 myself...I liked running Episode 1 because it was quick and easy, but it also had way too long of a cut scene right in the middle.  Not sure how much more I can take with those cut scenes in such a short run XD
I try to land somewhere between the far line and the line just after the gate, for me that seems to be really consistent.  Also I never sprint while doing the second suicide, for some reason that makes it work for me.  I'm also on the base 1.0 version of the game and I know for sure it makes a difference because if I try it on the most recent version it rarely works.
Edit history:
teliot: 2014-07-03 01:12:51 pm
Quote:
1)
We do know that playing on lowest graphics makes a HUGE difference though (on the order of 5+ minutes). So I guess play on low graphics and get an SSD and hope for the best.

On my PC the difference between low and ultra is a little over a minute.

Is there a way to switch which version of the game to run?
I'm not sure if you can rollback versions on steam, you may have to pirate the 1.0 version.
I don't think you can rollback version either.

By the way, for the sake of having a base time, I just did a "run" of Burial at Sea Episode 2. Of course, I use no tricks or skips because I don't know any, it's just me running though the game trying to lose the less time possible.
I ended up with a time of 1 hour, 3 minutes and 27 seconds.
With no skip, there's just so many cutscenes or part where you're limited to slow walking and there's a specific cutscene (that I really hate) near the end that lasts quite a bit of time (6min+).
On a positive side though, almost every battle can be skipped by just running.
Burial at Sea Ep 2 Non Lethal Ghost anyone
For real tho fuck comstock gate skip.  Three runs in a row and didn't get it, and then did 30 minutes of attempts and couldn't get it once.  I think I'm back in the timer based boat.

Ep 2 seems like it could have some pretty significant skips though, if it doesn't its probably a pretty boring run
aka FFAtv on twitch
Quote from RealLink:

Thought about it. Would be kinda funny.
Self-Imposed Challenge Fanatic
Quote from Yeti:
Quote from RealLink:

Thought about it. Would be kinda funny.

I'm actually considering doing this right now, not as a speed run but just to see if it's possible, only I'm trying to go without Plasmids and use the Melee knockout only.
Edit history:
Chadbrochill84: 2014-03-30 12:09:26 pm
Chadbrochill84: 2014-03-30 08:26:48 am
Just as a side note for anyone that is running with comstock gate skip, you can save a little extra time.  You don't have to wait for the handyman to spawn before jumping off the building, you don't have to suicide to get out of combat, and you dont have to wait for the checkpoint.  If it doesn't work the first time and you end up in front of the gate I've had decent success in standing still and taking myself down to one rocket from death then sprinting and doing the suicide again.

Alright so seriously fuck this game.  After doing like 20 runs with comstock gate skip and not getting a single one I finally get it and make it to the end of the game with a minute on the current WR, then the game soft locks for no reason during the final part.  I'll upload it just for the hell of it but seriously so lame

EDIT: RIP urn
Sorry about the dead run Chad. That's freaking evil.

Got my tax return and will be streaming in the next few weeks. As much as I'd like to say it's all skill baby--*dusts off shoulders*--it sounds like I may be getting the skip more consistently because of patching differences between the PC and PS3 version. My friend has the PC version and I'll be visiting him in the next few weeks. If I have time, I'll mess with the PC version and see how different/consistent it feels in comparison.
Gl man, hope you have better luck then I did

I'm pretty close to getting WR, I get comstock skip in under 3 tries pretty much every run, just need to stop choking.  I really hope that if I beat Ferrets time he comes back, because I'd really like to see this run hit sub 2 hours.
aka FFAtv on twitch
Just started messing with Comstock gate skip, got it like 10th try or something. Teliot had a theory that the game sets your respawn position on the ground once in a while at fixed intervals. If you happen to do the suicide as it sets it, you get to respawn past the gate. Otherwise you just end up in front of it, where your last respawn point was. We have no way of knowing the respawn time, or even the interval length really...just that it's long enough that Comstock gate is hard to skip. A few things we could investigate:
- How long is the interval between resetting your respawn points?
- When does the interval begin (map load? checkpoint? when you touch the ground for the first time in an area?)
- Is there a way of being on the other side of the gate longer? Death animation is pretty short Sad
Anyways, those are my thoughts. Hopefully we'll find something consistent.
Edit history:
Yeti: 2014-04-01 01:35:27 pm
aka FFAtv on twitch
A note: I'm like 90% sure the timer starts when you load into a map. Whenever I do the Emporia skip then go to do Comstock gate skip, I get there about 2:10 after I load Emporia. If I do the suicide through the gate right away, I respawn in the place I was at at exactly 2:00. So it seems like your respawn point is set once per some interval after you load a map. However, I tried suiciding through the gate at exactly 3:00, and that didn't work. So maybe the intervals don't always line up to be minutes, or there's something more subtle going on. I think this is a good line of investigation though.

EDIT: It actually seems dependent on when I enter that particular area of the map, not load the map itself. Not sure when the game counts me as "entering" the area near Comstock gate though :/
Edit history:
Chadbrochill84: 2014-04-02 06:29:36 am
Chadbrochill84: 2014-04-02 01:34:36 am
Chadbrochill84: 2014-04-02 01:34:34 am
Chadbrochill84: 2014-04-02 01:34:33 am
I just sprint to the gate and suicide right away, it works 50% of the time first try and if it doesnt you just bring yourself down to one rocket from death and sprint suicide on the gate.  Normally takes no more then 3 tries.

Actually after failing a few runs I think I just got lucky most of my previous runs.  I just kinda full yolo it, should probably head back to testing before I sink an hour and 20 minutes into a run.
So Ferret just did some testing of the DLC Version and found out that after Factory Skip, jumping off the Skyline to get to the other side of the gate is no longer possible.
New strat is just suiciding through the gate.
How much extra time does that take?
Edit history:
RealLink: 2014-04-02 02:51:34 pm
It might actually be faster as it is a quick respawn, and you can't mess up like the skyline jump(since you have to change direction if you miss the first). Also with HRH you don't have to stop to jump up the Skyline and can keep your momentum.
Oh what the hell its so much faster this way lol.  Why was I doing it the hard way the whole time.
Can confirm; the skyline jump after factory skip does not work, but the suicide through the gate seems pretty consistent.  Seems faster as well.  Still have yet to get Comstock Gate skip though on new patch...
Yea its faster for sure, potential to choke is pretty high though since all the turrets on the run to the gate can kill you.
aka FFAtv on twitch
Quote from RealLink:
So Ferret just did some testing of the DLC Version and found out that after Factory Skip, jumping off the Skyline to get to the other side of the gate is no longer possible.
New strat is just suiciding through the gate.

DLC version? I did a run just the other week on the latest patch and it worked fine. I guess that was before Burial at Sea episode 2 though...
Yeah, this was with the BaS 2 patch.
So let's get some version numbers so we can figure out if it's a version difference. To get your version number, open the options screen from the main menu and wait a while, it'll appear at the bottom. My version # is 1.0.1384116