Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 21 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
negative, this is with chroma blending (every 2 lines) interlaced stuff and getting chroma ghosts every other frame after deinterlacing.
Ok.. no idea what that is then. Any samples I can take a look at?
http://nate.quandra.org/tww_chroma_ghosting.png
http://nate.quandra.org/chroma_ghosting_ii_the_sequel.png
I haven't seen anything like that. Closest was in the dvd thread, 2nd pic, where the colour on the character's face was mixing with the black.

Was the captured source already in Yv12 mode in those pics?
Edit history:
nate: 2008-04-20 05:33:48 pm
it was. not made by anri-chan.

i wonder if avisynth assumes interlaced=true now.
Can you upload that clip?
http://nate.quandra.org/Video_1.mpg

maybe not the same clip but has the same problem (chroma blending of interlaced material). i don't have access to an rgb (nonblended) interlaced clip right now though it should be pretty easy to make one. here is the code i used for zwei:

Code:
function nate_d4_interlace(last) {
converttorgb32
changefps(59.94)
lanczos4resize(720,240)
assumefieldbased.weave.AssumeFrameBased
ssrc(48000)
}

function nate_d1_interlace(last) {
converttorgb32
changefps(59.94)
lanczos4resize(720,480)
assumeframebased
complementparity.SeparateFields()
selectevery(4,1,2)
Weave()
assumeframebased
ssrc(48000)
}
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2008-04-20 10:03:46 pm
Getting the usual ~F2 UDUUD pattern since this is PAL. Though when looking at the bushes, it seems to be moving every frame.

I tried upconv=2 to get rgb24, but nothing changes. Even iCC=true which is supposed to handle Yv12 interlaced does nothing..

Maybe this is a special case?
Edit history:
nate: 2008-04-20 11:53:11 pm
yes god lol. having serious communication issues with this. that video is fucked; it's just an example of what happens when you chroma blend (convert to yv12 or - i thought - yuy2) interlaced video, what i fear is happening in anri-chan now. apparently you're supposed to go converttoyv12(interlaced=true) but i couldn't get it to make any difference in one test i did so maybe it's autodetecting the interlacing somehow ...
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2008-04-21 12:16:39 am
Yuy2 works because it's 4:2:2 whereas Yv12 is 4:2:0. Yuy2 chroma is halved horizontally, Yv12 is both horizontally and vertically. It's the vertical part that causes problems with interlacing. We've had this fixed for a while now with upconv=1 which converts the mpeg2source into yuy2.

Nice graphic demonstration on wikipedia.
ok cool, that means even interlaced rgb sources shouldn't have chroma ghosting the way things are now. let's assume that's the case and not test lolol.
Beta 2 released.

Plans for next beta:
- Implement widescreen
- Better logging (yay forum upgrade!)
rock on man.

the day of my return to being an anri-chan tester draws near.
Edit history:
Psonar: 2008-05-14 02:02:59 am
Long live SF64!
When I've found time to mess with a GUI, I was attempting to call anrichan and actually read its stdOutput and then respond with automatically (or via InputBox) respond to anrichan by sending the response to anrichan's stdIn.  It could work in theory (I actually had it working, up until the encode started... I couldn't see anything in stdOut once encoding started), but I've had so many headache's with it, that I don't think that's the way to go.

Anrichan either needs to be recoded into a GUI-supported language, or it needs to have a "batch mode" where it can basically be run from the command line with a single set of inputs (like how batch files are typically used).  This would be similar to the way job.bat files are used (and the way I used multiple job.bat's to automate encoding several segments from the same source DVD), but it must also include the projectname, and the initial video input questions.  I'm currently pursuing that path. I've created a variable called "batch" and everywhere a question gets called, "if NOT "%batch%"=="y"" precedes it.  So basically user input is skipped and automated inputs will be used instead (yeah, this idea was mentioned before).

I looked at the edit_settings.bat file (not in use, but the code is on the kb), and what I want to do would work the way I think edit_settings.bat was intended to work, except the settings.bat type file that gets created would be created by a GUI.

My remaining conundrum is that I want to be able to report the progress of the encodes, and I'm not sure of how to do that other than to show the anrichan window while as it runs, and I feel like that defeats part of the purpose of having a GUI.  We'd basically have a GUI frontend, but then it'd be good old anrichan after that. Supposedly the progress of the encode would be sent through anrichan's StdOut, but I haven't had any luck viewing the encode progress by looking at the stdOut stream.

My end idea would be to have the GUI show a progress bar and possibly a graph of fps/time or something.  Oh and it should be able to hide to the tray so that it's out of the way (which makes since for a low priority program that takes hours or days to run)

[hr]
Anyway... beta 2 looks great.  You could always have just 1 anrichan icon and have it start with a menu asking the user to select "Encode Video," "Extract Sample," or "Preview Stat ID."  With color, a menu could be done pretty handily in batch, or a GUI wouldn't be too difficult, it's just calling whatever those shortcuts call.

Wait-- what's that? Oh, you mean I'm welcome to try and do that myself if I'd like to? Ok, sounds cool, I'll see what I can do...
yep. well what we need to do is look at the megui source if that's available and try to figure out how they did progress bars in that (they did right? been years since i used it). whatever it is would almost certainly be implementable for anrichan since it's the same x264.exe or whatever included with meguichan as with anrichan. i don't much about doze but if it copied unix correctly then it's possible that progress info is sent out on stderr not stdout which may be why you can't see it. but i think before you even try that you should try to download the megui source and look at it.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
when i use anri-chan3 beta 2 and when i went to upload it it gave me a big grenn screen at the bottom of the video
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2008-05-16 10:31:08 am
I'm getting tired of posts like the above. Ask yourself how we can help you with this little information.

You said you uploaded it. Maybe provide a link so we can download it and check for ourselves?
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
I'm getting tired of posts like the above. Ask yourself how we can help you with this little information.

You said you uploaded it. Maybe provide a link so we can download it and check for ourselves?

give it a rest man i was just trying to give you my seaturation man you have jump out like that i took it down.
Don't get so defensive, I'm not jumping out at you. How do you expect someone to respond when you have no punctuation skills, and give the smallest amount of information regarding whatever problem you're having? Try looking at it from my perspective, I think you'll see what I mean.
let's use this x264 from now on:

http://nate.quandra.org/x264.exe

recently someone brought to my attention that the one we have been using is pretty old (probably from well before last summer). i've been using the one linked above for a few weeks with no problems (no modifications to args or anything).

also, what do we think of dgmpgdec 1.5.0?
Edit history:
Brightstar: 2008-06-09 10:13:18 am
I could use a little help here. This is what I got when I tried a test file last night.

Code:
===============================================================================
                metroid 2002 speed demos archive anri-chan 3
       http://www.metroid2002.com/     http://speeddemosarchive.com/
===============================================================================

-------------------------
ENCODING OPTIONS

Create Low-Quality (192 Kbps) movie? n
Create Normal-Quality (576 Kbps) movie? n
Create High-Quality (2176 Kbps) movie? n
Create Insane-Quality (5320 Kbps) movie? n
Create X-TREME-Quality-High-Definition (10320 Kbps) movie? y
Create XviD-Low-Quality (192 Kbps) movie? n
Create XviD-Normal-Quality (576 Kbps) movie? n
encoding psutest2

encoding psutest2 XQ MP4

avis [info]: 1280x1024 @ 60.00 fps (69411 frames)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 Cache64
x264 [info]: slice I:332   Avg QP:19.78  size: 65093 0:00:00
x264 [info]: slice P:21762 Avg QP:20.14  size: 32603
x264 [info]: slice B:47317 Avg QP:21.24  size: 13549
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 57.8%  0.0% 42.2%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4: 22.4%  0.0%  0.0%  P16..4: 40.9%  0.0%  0.0%  0.0%  0
.0%    skip:36.8%
x264 [info]: mb B  I16..4:  2.9%  0.0%  0.0%  B16..8: 27.9%  0.0%  0.0%  direct:
 6.7%  skip:62.5%
x264 [info]: final ratefactor: 19.83
x264 [info]: kb/s:9489.4

encoded 69411 frames, 18.21 fps, 9490.13 kb/s
avis [info]: 1280x1024 @ 60.00 fps (69411 frames)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 Cache64
mp4 [info]: initial delay 4129 (scale 247741)
x264 [info]: slice I:332   Avg QP:19.55  size: 62653    :00
x264 [info]: slice P:21762 Avg QP:19.64  size: 29322
x264 [info]: slice B:47317 Avg QP:20.91  size: 13530
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 61.9%  0.0% 38.1%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4: 12.9%  0.0%  5.2%  P16..4: 32.4% 10.8%  4.5%  0.7%  0
.6%    skip:32.9%
x264 [info]: mb B  I16..4:  1.1%  0.0%  0.8%  B16..8: 31.6%  2.4%  4.5%  direct:
 1.1%  skip:58.5%
x264 [info]: direct mvs  spatial:0.0%  temporal:100.0%
x264 [info]: ref P  72.5% 12.0%  6.3%  2.9%  2.1%  1.6%  1.4%  1.1%
x264 [info]: ref B  80.4%  8.9%  4.4%  2.2%  1.8%  1.3%  1.1%
x264 [info]: SSIM Mean Y:0.9873617
x264 [info]: kb/s:8983.6

encoded 69411 frames, 3.84 fps, 8984.36 kb/s
VirtualDub CLI Video Processor Version 1.7.6 (build 28292/release) for 80x86
Copyright (C) Avery Lee 1998-2007. Licensed under GNU General Public License

AVI: Opening file "F:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Fields\Desktop\psutest2\ps
utest2_XQ.avs"
AVI: Avisynth detected. Extended error handling enabled.
Beginning dub operation.
Ending operation.

But now I can't find where it put the finished file. Did things complete? If so, so there's no confusion in the future can you launch a save as window so we can select where we want the work to end up at when it's finished?

Seems I found a little bug or incompatibility or something. When I was encoding I was running the game still and apparently it had taken up the memory spaces required by Nero to begin encoding the audio. I don't know if there is any way to address this so the memory can be done dynamically instead. (Actually I'm not sure if it was the game or GameGuard that was causing the problem)

Also are there any plans to implement a Save As window or some way of changing the output directory so you can specify the path that you want the files to go to instead of always defaulting to the desktop?
Edit history:
nate: 2008-06-09 09:49:38 pm
so it just sits there and doesn't open nero? wild. never heard of anything like that before. i guess there's probably not a lot we can do about it since  naac isn't open source...

edit: i seem to remember something about being able to change the output location but i'm not sure if it's been implemented yet. snow will be the one to say ...
This is my avatar
I need some help.

I've recorded my run on two separate DVDs (because it's a SS which is longer than 2 hours). Do I have to encode the two parts separately or is it possible to merge the two parts and encode it into one single video?

Also it's freaking long on my PC. 2h30 for first pass, 5h00 for second pass... And it's only LQ and the two first hours of my run! (My run is approx. 2h30 long) Is there a way to make it more quickly? Don't imagine what would it be on HQ or IQ (running the PC 72 hours long)...
not sure if multiple input file support is in for dvd. snow will have to remind me. if it's not then i have a hack you can use.

those times sound right. actually hq/iq can be 1-2 weeks or more depending on what you're encoding and whether you let it use nmf (new master file - takes up a lot of disk space). remember that you're welcome to send the files to me to encode if you'd like.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
1-2 weeks for encoding?

damn, now i see why sending DVDs to nate is still around after anrichan was made. surely there was going to be a lot of people who would be stopped by that kind of encoding (and now i know why submissions take a long while to go up for long runs. respect!)