Sad
<- 1  -   of 21 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
HELLO!
Tried running anrichan a couple more times. Even doing just an MQ encode, since I clearly have HQ and LQ done by now. Smiley  Same error every time. So I'm kind of stuck.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2013-02-03 09:43:40 am
Man... real stumper here. I tried reproducing your results with a 720x486@59.94fps video, using same settings from the anri log, but no failures.

There are separate sections of code for encoding MQ vs LQ/HQ/IQ/XQ. They're nearly the same except different x264 settings are used. According to the output log, it gets through MQ first pass, but not the second pass. So that makes me think the first pass is screwing up somehow with the x264 stats file. This stats file is used on the second x264 pass so it's kind of important...

Can you try again, and while MQ firstpass is being encoded look in the project folder and see if the files "ultimaexodusnes_MQ.stats.temp" &  "ultimaexodusnes_MQ.stats.mbtree.temp" exist?

Can you try a different video and see if that works?

If it still doesn't work, can you upload a sample of the video and we can look?
Edit history:
quadrazid: 2013-02-07 11:24:14 am
Svart Lyser Tronen
I having problems with Anri crashing and shutting down my PC. I did set it to encode all qualities (LQ-XQ). When I got back the PC was shut down, and when I turned it on it asked me if I wanted to start in safe-mode. I started windows normally. And in the _finished folder LQ, MQ and HQ is fine, but no other video. So I believe its some error with the IQ encoder. This happened two times now for two different AVIs.

AVI 1280x720, 60fps, lagarith
Windows 7 x64 ultimate system
anri 3.3

Any ideas?
//quad

EDIT: Since I thought LQ MQ HQ was working. I tried to encode these only. But now PC died before starting the HQ. LQ and MQ is just fine.
sounds like your hardware is dying. i suggest installing a cpu temperature monitor. anything over 50°c for an amd chip is too high. anything over 100°c for an intel chip is too high.
Investigate the crash dump to figure out a little more about what went wrong. Might want to read up about debugging tools for windows and crash dump analysis.
Svart Lyser Tronen
Thanks for the tips. I tried again while monitoring the cpu. Everything seemed pretty cool until HQ and IQ started when temp and usage went to 100°C and 100%. It quickly decreased when anri was done. Temp is down to 50ish as I'm typing.
MQ https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9297051/HL/temp1.png
IQ https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9297051/HL/temp3.png

At least no crash this time. So some faults with my cpu? Intel Core i5-750. 2.5 years old. No clocking. Default fan.
Edit history:
Mystery: 2013-02-07 04:51:54 pm
Getting close to a hundred degrees is not normal for a bought computer and not healthy for a custom built computer.
Well, considering its age, you may either want to get a better fan or underclock your cpu.
If it gets too hot in the case, you could also remove a side to let out some heat.
Not a walrus
For reference, the streaming machine I build for AGDQ only gets up to about 60C even at full load, and it's a quad-core i7. 100C is way too hot.
Heavy Metal Powered
My spontaneous reaction to why a computer reaches those temperatures is that the airflow is hindered.

(Note that the following questions are to help you check where the problem lies, you do not have to specifically answer them)
• Have you ever opened the PC and blown out the dust? (This is somewhat tricky if you own a laptop, and you should probably leave it to a PC service unless you've done it before)
••• When blowing out dust, remember to use a pencil or something to hold the fan still, or the motor or bearings in it can take damage.
• If there is no dust, turn the PC on without the case cover and monitor the speed of the CPU fan, it should be running at a rather high speed, if it doesn't, the motor is probably giving out.
• Have you often removed the fan and heatsink?
••• There may be dried thermal paste preventing the heatsink from fully being in contact with the CPU, remove the thermal paste and apply new one.
• Do you smoke? If yes, do you smoke indoors?
••• If you do, there is probably tar trapped in the CPU heatsink which is messing up the airflow created by the fan. I don't really know how to clean out tar from a heatsink, there are probably some guides that can be found on google if this is the case.
Fucking Weeaboo
70C+ is way too hot. Check your CPU fan and overall ventilation. I'm surprised nothing has fried or auto-turned off yet. Case fans running? Are the faced the right way (there's arrows on the fans that indicate air flow. In the front, out the back and sides is the flow you want.)? Is dust covering everything inside the case? Is your computer stuffed into some bad corner where air can't get in/out?
HELLO!
Quote from ballofsnow:
Man... real stumper here. I tried reproducing your results with a 720x486@59.94fps video, using same settings from the anri log, but no failures.

There are separate sections of code for encoding MQ vs LQ/HQ/IQ/XQ. They're nearly the same except different x264 settings are used. According to the output log, it gets through MQ first pass, but not the second pass. So that makes me think the first pass is screwing up somehow with the x264 stats file. This stats file is used on the second x264 pass so it's kind of important...

Can you try again, and while MQ firstpass is being encoded look in the project folder and see if the files "ultimaexodusnes_MQ.stats.temp" &  "ultimaexodusnes_MQ.stats.mbtree.temp" exist?

Can you try a different video and see if that works?

If it still doesn't work, can you upload a sample of the video and we can look?

Both temp files are showing up when I do the MQ encode.

After the first pass is complete, they're there:

-rw-r--r--  1 neil  neil  19236107 Feb 10 19:18 ultimaexodus_MQ.stats
-rw-r--r--  1 neil  neil  118999187 Feb 10 19:18 ultimaexodus_MQ.stats.mbtree

As for another test, anrichan cant' seem to read any other file I have. It can't decode anything I have it seems. Which is odd.
Edit history:
IsraeliRD: 2013-03-20 01:07:47 am
Dragon Power Supreme
I seem to be having an odd problem. I'm encoding some test runs with trimming and all, but when I do a HQ encode Anri starts them properly, then at frame 250 (first 150 are the StatID) it instantly starts doing them one by one at the rate of 1 frame per second, so it reports it'll take to it many many hours. Doing a MQ encode went fine and it finished it in 40 minutes (+20 minutes to create the WAV file >_>).
I attempted to do another HQ encode but the same results. At frame 250 it just craps out.

Additionally, unlike the MQ encode, the HQ encode asked me if I want to first create the source files as New Master Files (and use the NMFs), but the problem is the source IS new master files.
It makes no sense because it encoded Marble Blast Gold fine and that has 200 trims in it, whereas the one I'm trying to do now has maybe 40.

Edit: forgot to mention that when I told it that I don't want to trim the videos, I didn't get any errors at all when doing LQ-IQ or questions about NMF.
You chose interlaced if it's asking to do nmf,  so deinterlacing hq+ will be slow. Your nmf may not be the same nmf anri wants to create.
Dragon Power Supreme
... how did I manage to choose that. Oh well, deleted the project and started a new one and made sure I didn't choose interlacing. It works, thanks!
The Dork Knight himself.
I'm having a weird problem with Anri, but it's not that the program isn't working. For some reason the dos window takes anywhere from 1 to 2 seconds to draw the window when I make a choice. It's most noticeable when I first load up Anri. It's not hindering me from using it, but just makes encoding more of a chore to wait for the windows to draw instead of just being able to quickly choose my options. I didn't have this problem on my old Q6600, only on my new i5. The normal command prompt is not affected by this at all. Is there some hidden option in Win7 causing this?
Totally Radical Awesome Game
Hi, I'm getting an error where anrichan is not able to recognize my avi files.
I've never had this problem before, so I'm not sure what happened.

Here is the log.
http://pastebin.com/zWvBh9jH
the error is an avisynth plugin loading error. it suggests that the path to the plugin is wrong somehow or the plugin is missing. have you tried reinstalling anri (including avisynth)?
Totally Radical Awesome Game
Yes I have nate, after getting the error the first time I did a fresh install and got the same error.
I switched to Yua and it worked fine, so this really isnt a problem anymore, but I still would like to know what the issue was.
Edit history:
Warepire: 2013-12-27 03:49:31 am
Heavy Metal Powered
I got those errors A LOT (but not always) when encoding FRAPS footage, no idea how it happens, but broken output files from FRAPS I guess.
It helped to open the FRAPS files in VDub and re-encode them to Lagarinth. (Direct stream copy on the audio)
What is "must be full path?" I can't load my .avi
I was told to drag and drop the avi into the program but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Fucking Weeaboo
Full path would be like "C:\A bunch of folders\filename.avi" If your path includes spaces, it has to be in quotes.
Edit history:
kareshi: 2014-04-18 12:14:40 pm
kareshi: 2014-04-18 12:13:57 pm
Ah, my slashes were going the wrong way. hooray computers.
-now it's just sitting there waiting for another file. The guide says it's supposed to be asking for D.
-oh, I hit n to "quit"
Fucking Weeaboo
You should try Yua next time, works really slick.

That being said, yes, n by itself is to quit, otherwise it waits for multiple files to append them, if necessary.
laria fresca, vino puro ...
I have some videos recorded in 1024x768 and that's what I want to stick to. There is although some part (actually the first - choosing character) that has to be in 800x600.
How to combine different resolution videos? do I have to resize it first? in what codec? (obviously lossless, I know)
Doesn't Yua do that these days? If not, maybe use lanczos4resize or addborders in avisynth.