Smiley
Sad
<- 1234
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
While I'm feeling legitimately sad that I went 0 for 5, I do want to say hats off to Vulajin, Breakdown, Sumichu, and the other mystery members of the committee for making things really streamlined this year.  Having all of the information and dates and everything go through the website was a good call, it all seemed very professional and organized this year.

I'm sure it took a ton of hours for you guys to sort through the list, and I want to acknowledge how smooth the whole thing has felt so far.  Thanks for the efforts!
Edit history:
wobs23: 2016-10-06 12:20:38 am
Cloudbuilt <3 Coilworks
Thanks for the quick response! I think I'd prefer to get in touch over twitter Smiley
Woo, thanks for accepting Left 4 Dead 1!

Just looking for a quick reason on L4D2, I figure it is likely because it was run at AGDQ this year but we were hopeful to get it in again since the run evolved dramatically. Either way, if the reasoning is just that it needs a break that will be useful as we will be happy to submit it again next year.

Also if you get a chance a reason for Doom 3 would be appreciated as well, as last year the reasoning was more that the game was dark. It's too bad, the new Doom is in, that would be an interesting contrast to see the both of them. Ah well.
Drat. I got rejected. I imagine it's either because Iji has already been done recently, or there just literally isn't enough time to do it. (WR holder here, haha.)

Guess I'll have to try harder next time y'all are in my area!
I thought runners who got their games accepted at AGDQ do not need to pay the registration fees, am I wrong?

do I need to pay the fee even if I have my game accepted?
Hello all! It's just about receiving feedback on declined runs. Name's Anzariel, submitted a Devil May Cry 3 Nevan run. It is for constructiveness, as this was my first submission, and any kind of feedback would be really great. Looking worward to submit again. You can answer here, it'll be easier to track. Thanks!
I was hoping that my run of Party Hard Any% would be accepted. (I'm the WR holder). I know it's a super popular game for playthroughs on Youtube, and it would have been cool to show the fun map exploits in a few levels. Ah, well Sad
Edit history:
Cool Matty: 2016-10-06 09:02:57 am
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Jaguar King:
I thought runners who got their games accepted at AGDQ do not need to pay the registration fees, am I wrong?

No, when you register for the event, it will not ask you to pay.

There is an edge case where if you registered before your run was accepted, but did not pay, it may still be asking you to pay. Those will be cleaned up when the runner registration deadline is reached.
Edit history:
Jaguar King: 2016-10-06 10:35:11 am
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Jaguar King:

No, when you register for the event, it will not ask you to pay.

There is an edge case where if you registered before your run was accepted, but did not pay, it may still be asking you to pay. Those will be cleaned up when the runner registration deadline is reached.

yeah thats what I did, so what should I do? should I pay and get refund later, or should I wait till you guys clear it up?
Do not pay, just wait until the deadline, it will mark you then.
Put on the shelves since 2012
I'm actually very surprised none of the stalker games were accepted, considering the runs are really interesting and they haven't been at a GDQ before. Anyways, grats to everyone who got in, should be a fun event as always.
Bad Sandwich
After being into speedrunning for over 2 years, I'm overjoyed that my first attempt at submitting to a GDQ was a success. I'd like to thank the submission panel and event staff for this opportunity, and I greatly look forward to seeing everyone who's attending in January. I won't let any of you down.
Quote from Cool Matty:

Im in the same boat as Jaguar King (registered before my run was accepted, still showing a balance).  I just wanted to ensure that if theres some kind of glitch or whatever and it doesnt mark us at the deadline, that we wont be dropped from the schedule.  I have 3 runs on the list, and am DEFINITELY coming to the event, but seeing that i still have a balance due and the part on the registration page that says "if you have a balance shown then your registration is not completed" is making me kinda nervous, lol.
Quote from skavenger216:
Quote from Cool Matty:

Im in the same boat as Jaguar King (registered before my run was accepted, still showing a balance).  I just wanted to ensure that if theres some kind of glitch or whatever and it doesnt mark us at the deadline, that we wont be dropped from the schedule.  I have 3 runs on the list, and am DEFINITELY coming to the event, but seeing that i still have a balance due and the part on the registration page that says "if you have a balance shown then your registration is not completed" is making me kinda nervous, lol.

The list dropping is not automatic, you're not going to get dropped if you registered and didn't pay. If it makes you extra nervous, you may also just cancel your registration and re-register, which will update it for you.
Quote from Cool Matty:
The list dropping is not automatic, you're not going to get dropped if you registered and didn't pay. If it makes you extra nervous, you may also just cancel your registration and re-register, which will update it for you.

Alright, good to know.  Thanks for the response and verification that its not gonna get dropped.  Sorry for being a pain, just wanted to make sure Smiley
Why the hell was Super Metroid Rotation accepted as a bonus game over GT Classic? Is the description that Rotation is just Super Metroid with the screen rotated 90 degrees actually correct? You're kidding me right?
Quote from THENINTENDOLUMINARY:
Is the description that Rotation is just Super Metroid with the screen rotated 90 degrees correct?

That is NOT correct - it's Super Metroid with the ROOMS rotated.
Oh well that much's more interesting.