Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
I know a ton of people are stressing over their submission pitches, could you put up examples of good and bad pitches so people know what to and not to put in them?
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but under my profile, after updating my profile, it is still saying that it's been a while and there is no submission button to be considered for games.  :/  Is that common?
twitch.tv/pxmacaiah
Submissions aren't open for at least another 9 hours
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Gotcha. All I saw was the date, and I didn't see any times.
When submitting, is it helpful to mention in the pitch(es) that we have previously run at the event, or will the committee already be checking for that regardless of if we bring it up?

We ran a relatively obscure Valve game, Alien Swarm, last year, and although the audience was small we put in a great run with well-rehearsed commentary that was received positively judging by YouTube comments, and I want to be sure that reflects in our bigger and better submissions this year for a better chance of acceptance as we'd really like to attend again with something more well-known this time.
Bad Sandwich
I'm trying to create submissions, but the form claims that '14' is an invalid departure date, as well as all numbers near it.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
Quote from Drakodan:
I'm trying to create submissions, but the form claims that '14' is an invalid departure date, as well as all numbers near it.

Submissions aren't open, sooooooo.
Bad Sandwich
Quote from Cool Matty:
Quote from Drakodan:

Submissions aren't open, sooooooo.

Huh, yet the page is displaying for me. Guess I'll hang fire for a couple of hours.
Submissions are now open.
Bad Sandwich
Is there anything that determines which runs are listed as Publicly Visible? Some of mine are, others aren't.
Quote from Drakodan:
Is there anything that determines which runs are listed as Publicly Visible? Some of mine are, others aren't.

Unless it's was objectionable, it's just waiting to be approved by committee for public viewing.
Generally it just depends on when members of the committee are awake and available to do a quick sanity check on each submission. Tonight we did a bunch for the first hour or two, then have taken a bit of a break. Don't worry, the visibility status has nothing to do with whether or not your run gets considered for the marathon.
Bad Sandwich
I only wonder since last night, all of my runs were at one point listed as Publicly Visible, then that status was revoked. I wondered if it was due to a site issue with displaying current information, but there are lots of other games going up on the submission list that I can see.

I know I'm being quite a pest about this, I'm just somewhat anxious since this is my first time submitting.
I can't seem to find where to add a second game to submit. Do I have to submit my first game, then come back and submit a second one separately?
Quote from PiePusher11:
I can't seem to find where to add a second game to submit. Do I have to submit my first game, then come back and submit a second one separately?

Yes you submit games one at a time
Ok, thanks for the quick reply!
I've been learning a game to possibly submit to a GDQ however I only available on a flash cart i still play it on my console is this okay in terms of GDQ submissions
DS Dictator
Quote from gusmancini:
I've been learning a game to possibly submit to a GDQ however I only available on a flash cart i still play it on my console is this okay in terms of GDQ submissions

I saw a ALTTP Runner back in AGDQ 2016 who used a flashcart for an actual GDQ race.
Sounds like a yes to me.
http://www.twitch.tv/lildingus
any reason why behemoths submission is not publicly visible?
Quote from lildingus:

Quote from Vulajin:
Generally it just depends on when members of the committee are awake and available to do a quick sanity check on each submission. Tonight we did a bunch for the first hour or two, then have taken a bit of a break. Don't worry, the visibility status has nothing to do with whether or not your run gets considered for the marathon.
http://www.twitch.tv/lildingus
my bad, post first read later
Bad Sandwich
Quote from TheMG2:
Quote from lildingus:

Quote from Vulajin:

That's what we were told, but my submissions were Publicly Visible last night and were then reverted, whilst myself and others were looking at them. That was about 18 hours ago, and they're still not public. I want to trust that this is not out of the ordinary, but it seems odd when I can refresh the All Submissions page every few minutes and see another Publicly Visible submission.
Did you make a change to one of your submission? Pretty sure that causes it to be reverted.
Bad Sandwich
I attempted to alter a donation incentive, but it was also causing changes across all submission pages, still waiting back on advice on how to approach that.
Edit history:
Vulajin: 2016-09-05 04:49:00 pm
Vulajin: 2016-09-05 04:47:05 pm
Vulajin: 2016-09-05 04:43:37 pm
There was a bug last night with editing donation incentives, which Matt said he fixed, so give it a try again and see if it's okay now. Also, yeah, any changes to an individual submission result in that submission being hidden again. I just did a pass now but forgot to double check the modified submissions near the bottom, so I'll do that in a little bit.

(edit) Also, please note that public visibility has absolutely nothing to do with whether your submission will be considered or not. It's just a step in the process to make sure obviously troll or objectionable submissions don't get displayed on the site. If there's any action that you need to take on a hidden submission (e.g. your video link is broken or of a run that you didn't do yourself), we will contact you to let you know.

Quote from gusmancini:

Yes, this is fine.